Old 07-29-2020, 11:33 AM   #331
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Old 07-29-2020, 11:46 AM   #332
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/29/polit...rus/index.html

Quote:
Gohmert had been scheduled to fly aboard Air Force One on Wednesday with President Donald Trump to Midland, Texas, where the President is fundraising and touring an oil rig. He tested positive for coronavirus on Wednesday morning during a pre-flight screening at the White House, a person familiar with the situation told CNN. Because of the positive test, Gohmert is not traveling with the President.

Old 07-29-2020, 01:04 PM   #333
yo soy el mejor

Old 07-29-2020, 06:35 PM   #334
buzzard
Minion of Satan

"When you write your story, can you include the fact that [Gohmert] requires full staff to be in the office, including three interns, so that 'we could be an example to America on how to open up safely,'" the aide added. "When probing the office, you might want to ask how often were people berated for wearing masks."

It'll be so cool if the virus passes from Barr's nose to Trump's rectum.

Old 07-29-2020, 06:42 PM   #335
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Jokes aside, though, it'd actually be quite lovely if William Barr simply succumbed to the virus and died in a puddle of sweat and nasal mucus.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:13 AM   #336
yo soy el mejor

i feel ya

Old 07-30-2020, 01:34 PM   #337
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post

Old 07-30-2020, 01:42 PM   #338
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Be careful while making that Bunnings Warehouse run.

Old 08-04-2020, 09:57 AM   #339
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Dr. Osterholm: Americans will be living with the coronavirus for decades

Quote:
Published: Aug. 1, 2020 at 10:59 a.m. ET

Dr. Michael Osterholm, epidemiologist at the University of Minnesota, recognized the coronavirus would become a pandemic as early as January

MarketWatch: What do you think the biggest failure in the U.S. response has been?

Osterholm: We’ve failed because we declared victory over the virus when we had no business doing so. This virus has been poised to be transmitted in our communities, and we thought we had done enough to get it down. It’s like a fire crew. “I only put out half the forest fire but you know, I put out half so we’re done.” And then look what happened. It’s burned more acres since we gave up than it did before we gave up.

MarketWatch: One of the things I’m pretty interested in is the talk and the hope around a vaccine. Do you think we have misconceptions about what it means when we have a vaccine?

Michael Osterholm: Everyone is looking at the vaccine as being a light switch: on or off. And I look at it as a rheostat, that’s going to take a long time, from turning it on from its darkest position to a lightest position. If you’re anticipating a light switch, you’re going to be concerned, confused, and in some cases very disappointed in what it might look like in those first days to months with a vaccine.

MarketWatch: I saw a piece in The Atlantic this week and I thought they positioned it well. They described it as the beginning of the end.

Osterholm: It won’t be. We will be dealing with this virus forever. Effective and safe vaccines and hopefully ones with some durability will be very important, even critical tools, in fighting it. But the whole world is going to be experiencing COVID-19 ‘til the end of time. We’re not going to be vaccinating our way out of this to eight-plus billion people in the world right now. And if we don’t get durable immunity, we’re potentially looking at revaccination on a routine basis, if we can do that. We’ve really got to come to grips with actually living with this virus, for at least my lifetime, and at the same time, it doesn’t mean we can’t do a lot about it.

Old 08-04-2020, 11:46 AM   #340
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Yeah, I think it's too late for this not to become endemic and a recurring thing in humanity.

New treatments will hopefully lower the death rate and vaccines will hopefully provide some more resistance, but the boat for containment sailed away back in January, maybe February at the latest.

Old 08-04-2020, 11:48 AM   #341
Disco King
Minion of Satan

At least we know we'll be judiciously allocating our resources to ensure that the people who need the vaccine most will get it first: movie stars, pop singers, and NFL players.

Old 08-06-2020, 08:06 AM   #342
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

I love how the scientists are now saying what I’ve been saying since March. We have to live with it. We missed the boat on containment and now it’s gonna be around for a while. Even countries who have contained it (like NZ) have done so by shutting their borders which is a temporary fix to a long term problem.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:55 AM   #343
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
I love how the scientists are now saying what I’ve been saying since March. We have to live with it. We missed the boat on containment and now it’s gonna be around for a while. Even countries who have contained it (like NZ) have done so by shutting their borders which is a temporary fix to a long term problem.
you're like a fucking psychic or something

Old 08-06-2020, 11:03 AM   #344
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Flu vaccination rates in the USA are already very low. Fewer people are willingly getting vaccinated against other viruses like Chicken Pox, Measles, etc.

anti mask types who deny the reality of COVID are going to shift to refusing vaccinations. And Fox news, the Kochs, and other right wing groups are going to make gaining herd immunity to this and other viruses nearly impossible.

The US needs to mandate all citizens who are not immunocompromised be vaccinate. If the Feds dont/can't do that this is never going to end

Old 08-06-2020, 11:10 AM   #345
yo soy el mejor

Red face

Quote:
I love how the scientists are now saying what I’ve been saying since March.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #346
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

It’s hard to be right all the time.

Old 08-06-2020, 12:01 PM   #347
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
It’s hard to be right all the time.

via GIPHY

Old 08-06-2020, 12:04 PM   #348
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Didn't have to be a temporary solution. US fucked the entire world

Old 08-06-2020, 12:05 PM   #349
yo soy el mejor

ninsp (lol), if you gotta rewrite the last 5 months to feel good about yourself and smarter than a scientist, you do that.

i already said congrats!

Old 08-06-2020, 12:31 PM   #350
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

funny how they never demand to be recognized for being wrong, despite being wrong

Old 08-06-2020, 04:24 PM   #351
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Didn't have to be a temporary solution. US fucked the entire world
No, China fucked the world, we just fanned the flames.

Old 08-06-2020, 04:26 PM   #352
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
ninsp (lol), if you gotta rewrite the last 5 months to feel good about yourself and smarter than a scientist, you do that.

i already said congrats!
It’s not rewriting. I said that we were too late to stop the virus, lockdowns don’t work and the only way to beat it when we’re this late in the game is to let things open (limit capacity) and wear masks.

And that’s what everyone’s doing. Because we’re going to be dealing with this for years. We just now have a cure. Masks.

Old 08-06-2020, 04:30 PM   #353
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
No, China fucked the world, we just fanned the flames.
China literally locked people in their houses and didn't let anyone out of Wuhan. They did all they could once they realized what was happening. It was up to everyone else to contain where they could. Most countries did, and we sort of did, for a little while. If we had closed up shop for 6-8 weeks in March we could have stopped almost all of the deaths. I'm not saying China is blameless, but it's not there fault that people traveled with the virus in the modern world. And they did not hide the death rate, if anything they over-estimated. We should have known what to do.

As it was, we opened early and never had a real lock down. Even starting late, if we had done two whole months, the vast majority of deaths would not have happened.

It would have been in the population, but at much lower levels, to where contact tracing would have been possible.

The USA fucked the world.

Old 08-06-2020, 04:34 PM   #354
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
China literally locked people in their houses and didn't let anyone out of Wuhan. They did all they could once they realized what was happening. It was up to everyone else to contain where they could. Most countries did, and we sort of did, for a little while. If we had closed up shop for 6-8 weeks in March we could have stopped almost all of the deaths. I'm not saying China is blameless, but it's not their fault that people traveled with the virus in the modern world.

As it was, we opened early and never had a real lock down. Even starting late, if we had done two whole months, the vast majority of deaths would not have happened.

It would have been in the population, but at much lower levels, to where contact tracing would have been possible.

The USA fucked the world.
China knew about it for months and then killed doctors that tried to expose that China knew about it for months. And then they hid their numbers and didn’t shut down travel to the world. Fucking CCP simp

Old 08-06-2020, 04:36 PM   #355
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Go post on r/sino you fucking twatwaffle

Old 08-06-2020, 05:46 PM   #356
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Reprise supports genocide everyone

Old 08-06-2020, 05:58 PM   #357
ovary
Ownz

shit this is getting real

Old 08-06-2020, 09:25 PM   #358
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
It’s not rewriting. I said that we were too late to stop the virus, lockdowns don’t work and the only way to beat it when we’re this late in the game is to let things open (limit capacity) and wear masks.
You claimed that the United States was ahead of the entire world in reacting to the virus, appeared to suggest that the herd immunity approach previously taken by Sweden was an ideal public health strategy, warned that lockdowns were threatening imminent anarchy, apparently failed to grasp the concept of "flattening the curve" or the impact of successful health guidelines upon initially projected death statistics, and also seemed to reject the idea of the second spike in deaths we're now witnessing after they had first declined. I honestly cannot call to mind a single member with a worse track record on this subject.

If Fauci doesn't think a lockdown will be helpful in August, that'll be because people like you weren't listening in March. Had you perfectly replicated the New Zealand model and seen an identical death rate eventuate, fewer than two thousand people would have died in the United States and you would now be in a position to discontinue all social distancing. I do not understand how you can portray that as nothing more than "a temporary fix to a long term problem" unless you were making a philosophical statement on mortality and the inevitability of death.

Old 08-07-2020, 12:17 AM   #359
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Reprise supports genocide everyone
Do you know what genocide is

Old 08-07-2020, 12:20 AM   #360
queenoftheswine
Demi-God

Location: Some area where the Canadian dollar is far more valuable than my own.

I've got a cool tutorial explaining how to make a mask out of a sock. Let me know if you're interested.