Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2018, 10:53 PM   #451
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Funbags's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,197
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
It means exactly what I said.

Meg Toohey is on the executive board for the Rock & Roll Camp for Girls. What do you think was motivating Nicole's obnoxious overplaying? Taste?

You don't stand out as a role model for young girls in rock & roll by playing root notes.

Last edited by Funbags : 01-26-2018 at 10:58 PM.

 
Funbags is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:00 PM   #452
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Funbags's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,197
Default

Sick burn.

 
Funbags is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:11 AM   #453
Shallowed
Braindead
 
Shallowed's Avatar
 
Location: A compostable condom made from 100% recycled materials
Posts: 16,644
Default

And you would know, being a young girl in rock and roll?

 
Shallowed is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:31 AM   #454
reprise85
garbage person
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 30,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright_doom View Post
Of Course!

www.twitter.com/billycorgandoll

www.twitter.com/robertsmithdoll

https://www.twitter.com/billycorgand...4856234642?p=v

https://www.twitter.com/robertsmithd...4861429121?p=v

This was all official by the way. Billy and Kerry Brown playing with dolls whilst making Teargarden. Makes sense.
is there still video available? god this was so WEIRD

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:55 AM   #455
Woody
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Woody's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,402
Default

Saw them play with Ginger in 2007 and they were on fire. That tour was so much better than ZG itself. Billy was on great form.

So Ginger gets my vote.

 
Woody is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:31 AM   #456
bright_doom
Ownz
 
bright_doom's Avatar
 
Location: Nowhere Fast
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
is there still video available? god this was so WEIRD
You're welcome... I think


 
bright_doom is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:03 AM   #457
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,558
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
It means exactly what I said.

Meg Toohey is on the executive board for the Rock & Roll Camp for Girls. What do you think was motivating Nicole's obnoxious overplaying? Taste?

You don't stand out as a role model for young girls in rock & roll by playing root notes.
You're saying Nicole supposedly overplayed because her (now ex) wife was part of the executive team for a small non-profit organisation for girls? Oh, yeah, it makes sense

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:41 AM   #458
amoergosum
Minion of Satan
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,523
Default

...remember when Nicole brought Meghan Toohey along to Sedona? Billy must have been thrilled.



Nicole: We went there to write the record that I was on with them...Oceania...we went to Sedona, Arizona to write, so Meg came along with me.

Interviewer: That band (SP) writes together???

Nicole: Ehhhhhhh....well, that's tricky.

Interviewer: You don't have to talk about it.

Nicole: [laughing]...that was tricky...we tried!...we definitely tried.

Meghan Toohey: It didn't quite work out for them but for me it was like a carthardic experience.

 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:20 PM   #459
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Funbags's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,197
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
You're saying Nicole supposedly overplayed because her (now ex) wife was part of the executive team for a small non-profit organisation for girls? Oh, yeah, it makes sense
Nicole also volunteered there and has stated how she wants to be a role model for girls on stage etc. So yes, I would say that was a part of it.

Have you watched her play Oceania songs live? Quasar's verse is a straight-forward groove, and Nicole's hand is jumping up and down the neck playing who knows what.

It's like the band is playing for one audience and Nicole is playing for another when it comes to Oceania. The only time she played bass with any taste was when she was playing the old songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
...remember when Nicole brought Meghan Toohey along to Sedona? Billy must have been thrilled
She Yoko'd herself with that one.

 
Funbags is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:35 PM   #460
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Funbags's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,197
Default

*Obviously there's nothing with being a role model for girls on stage. I'm saying she could have done that by playing for the song.

 
Funbags is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:36 PM   #461
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,567
Default

I get the feeling that Billy only hired Nicole cause he could get her for dirt cheap.

I was watching this documentary about these hired-hand musicians and a lot of these nobodies that tour in notable bands are getting paid like dogshit. They had a few guys that played in Filter and they said their pay was laughable and that when they'd tour with opening bands they were always making much less than them. And then they had the Filter singer on screen talking about how it's experience and "why do they need all this money, there's a bus to sleep on, you don't need accommodations. If they wanna make money they can do what Trent told me and make their own band"

And it's quite obvious that Corgan is a pretty similar penny-pincher, so it's probably why he wastes his time with kids like Byrne and that Bates guy and these other nobodies who are happy just to be there.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:41 PM   #462
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,567
Default

When the Filter lead singer was in Nine Inch Nails he said he was getting paid 400 dollars a week and when the tour was over Trent was a huge rock-star living it up and the Filter guy had to move back home with his mom. The NIN manager then called him and said that he had a friend that could hook him up with a pizza delivery job while the band wasn't touring

That shits just brutal.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:42 PM   #463
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,567
Default

I mean can you imagine? Playing festivals in front of 50-100 000 people and you're only netting 400 dollars a week.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:55 PM   #464
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Nicole also volunteered there and has stated how she wants to be a role model for girls on stage etc. So yes, I would say that was a part of it.

Have you watched her play Oceania songs live? Quasar's verse is a straight-forward groove, and Nicole's hand is jumping up and down the neck playing who knows what.

It's like the band is playing for one audience and Nicole is playing for another when it comes to Oceania. The only time she played bass with any taste was when she was playing the old songs.



She Yoko'd herself with that one.
She wrote and recorded those bass lines for the album! She was playing them live basically the same way they were recorded.

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:01 PM   #465
amoergosum
Minion of Satan
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
She Yoko'd herself with that one.

...and remember when Byrne was much more excited to play in Bearcubbin with his buddies?

Billy was not amused. He actually told him to cancel their little tour because he needed
him to record some demos for SP. Plot twist: Bearcubbin cancelled the tour but Billy didn't actually need Byrne to record demos.

LOL.

 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:02 PM   #466
T&T
Minion of Satan
 
T&T's Avatar
 
Location: montreal
Posts: 9,842
Default

I'm with Trent on this one. "don't like the deal?, go start your own band."
being in a famous band with shit pay is still crazy exposure. take advantage of that.
The dude from filter is one of the FEW that managed to make it on his own... exception to the rule.

Billy's always only going to want to get no-bodies that'll work their ass off for the recognition while he cashes the big $$$. I wouldn't be surprised if he offered james and d'arcy pennies as well. Difference for the original members is that reunion tours would boost album sales and they'd get a pay day on that too.

 
T&T is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:26 PM   #467
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,558
Default

I've had a crazy life. Good crazy, but crazy nonetheless. For example. I saw this picture of myself the other day. Besides having a generally good idea of when it was taken (1993 or 1994) I don't remember actually taking the photo, nor do I remember countless others like it between the years 1991-2004. Now, perhaps that says something about my inability or desire to remember, but I'd argue it's an unfortunate result of the blur of those years. Which leads me to this time, or this moment, where like so many, I share a window (curated as it is) into my crazy life. As an example, we are currently in the studio with Rick Rubin. But unless I show you a picture of Rick sitting Buddha-like at a mixing desk, you probably wouldn't know that. Or when I, in a very naive way, post a shot with a needle in my arm and ramble on about making peace with God and time left on dear 'ol Earth, it sent some signal to friends and associates alike that I was sick or wanted other's sympathy. (As fact, it was an IV full of vitamins and homeopathy to assist in getting over this vicious flu). So yes, was sick, and no, not serious in any way nor would I share such info here because this window I'd prefer to be one where you see the sunlight streaming through. The only addendum to that is when I saw how others were reacting to their perception of my misguided and poorly worded message, I chose not to react in kind; in essence I let the shadows cast be whatever you-they-them want to believe. Because we live now in a world where perception often outweighs reality, and that's fine. So to that, here's a new pic I just took of me with my sandy-brown, curly hair flowing in the studio breeze. Lots of love, WPC #wpc

A post shared by WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) on


 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:44 PM   #468
T&T
Minion of Satan
 
T&T's Avatar
 
Location: montreal
Posts: 9,842
Default

why can't I comment on BC's insta? I really need to tell him something important.

if anyone in his entourage is reading this now, can you pass on this important message:
"Billy Corgan, you are very precious and delicate, but please go eat a bag of dicks."

 
T&T is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #469
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Funbags's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,197
Default

What documentary are you guys talking about? I'll check it out!

 
Funbags is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:28 PM   #470
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
why can't I comment on BC's insta? I really need to tell him something important.

if anyone in his entourage is reading this now, can you pass on this important message:
"Billy Corgan, you are very precious and delicate, but please go eat a bag of dicks."
You can pm him tho, big chances of getting blocked anyway... Billy blocked a friend of mine for asking Melissa back...

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:22 PM   #471
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 39,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I mean can you imagine? Playing festivals in front of 50-100 000 people and you're only netting 400 dollars a week.
Not bad money for 1991 and they weren't playing for 50-100.000 people a night. Take off a few 0's.

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:39 PM   #472
pavementtune
LOST ANOTHER BET
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 8,296
Default

I didn't pay attention to whatever they have been recording the past few weeks,how does this work: first it was Howard Willing producing, now Rick Rubin - still the same album? huh?

 
pavementtune is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:42 PM   #473
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster
 
BurtSampson's Avatar
 
Location: Billy's Buttcrack
Posts: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post

I've had a crazy life. Good crazy, but crazy nonetheless. For example. I saw this picture of myself the other day. Besides having a generally good idea of when it was taken (1993 or 1994) I don't remember actually taking the photo, nor do I remember countless others like it between the years 1991-2004. Now, perhaps that says something about my inability or desire to remember, but I'd argue it's an unfortunate result of the blur of those years. Which leads me to this time, or this moment, where like so many, I share a window (curated as it is) into my crazy life. As an example, we are currently in the studio with Rick Rubin. But unless I show you a picture of Rick sitting Buddha-like at a mixing desk, you probably wouldn't know that. Or when I, in a very naive way, post a shot with a needle in my arm and ramble on about making peace with God and time left on dear 'ol Earth, it sent some signal to friends and associates alike that I was sick or wanted other's sympathy. (As fact, it was an IV full of vitamins and homeopathy to assist in getting over this vicious flu). So yes, was sick, and no, not serious in any way nor would I share such info here because this window I'd prefer to be one where you see the sunlight streaming through. The only addendum to that is when I saw how others were reacting to their perception of my misguided and poorly worded message, I chose not to react in kind; in essence I let the shadows cast be whatever you-they-them want to believe. Because we live now in a world where perception often outweighs reality, and that's fine. So to that, here's a new pic I just took of me with my sandy-brown, curly hair flowing in the studio breeze. Lots of love, WPC #wpc

A post shared by WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) on

What a self righteous cunt. God forbid his fans have been concerned about him. I wish he was actually dying so we could finally get the Machina reissue

 
BurtSampson is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:09 PM   #474
reprise85
garbage person
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 30,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright_doom View Post
You're welcome... I think

hahahahaha thanks

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:16 PM   #475
Woody
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Woody's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,402
Default

Billy Corgan: “I’m gravely ill”

Fans: “OMG what’s wrong with Billy Corgan. I hope he’s ok.”

Billy Corgan: “LOL people perceived my words as signifying meaning, it’s crazy how they misinterpret social media. The sheeple can’t distinguish their own reality!”

Fans. “...”

 
Woody is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:25 PM   #476
amoergosum
Minion of Satan
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Billy Corgan: “LOL people perceived my words as signifying meaning, it’s crazy how they misinterpret social media. The sheeple can’t distinguish their own reality!”

Fans. “...”



 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:35 PM   #477
silverstrat
Pledge
 
silverstrat's Avatar
 
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I mean can you imagine? Playing festivals in front of 50-100 000 people and you're only netting 400 dollars a week.
And yet, almost every other job paying 400 dollars a week sucks 1000x worse.

 
silverstrat is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:10 PM   #478
jakobtheliar
Pledge
 
jakobtheliar's Avatar
 
Location: las vegas
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Ginger would be cool. I liked her the most out of all the bassists that came after D'arcy.

MADM is bad-ass and all, but she kind of sounded like shit. But I guess that was partly because of the down-tuned sound they were going for at the time.
Melissa is an all around talented musician. I think that knocky bass sound was probably chosen by Billy to have more depth and definition as opposed to the guitars on the super low C tuning.
Bass sounded odd.

 
jakobtheliar is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:53 PM   #479
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 3,377
Default

I'm sure BILLY was pissed off of MELISSA's love affair with DAVE GROHL starting at her time with the SMASHING PUMPKINS.
And that she had more sympathies for JAMES than him, collaborating with JAMES even after the split of the band.
She had also nearly played with JAMES together in a band supporting RYAN ADAMS.






Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 01-27-2018 at 08:57 PM.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:22 PM   #480
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,558
Default

Nah

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
9/11/01..........9/11/11 The Omega Concern General Chat Archive 70 09-30-2011 08:28 PM
COUNTERCULTURE MAINSTREAM Jesus Cambodia Pumpkins Archive 5 01-17-2009 10:24 AM
Spinoff: US Places ravenguy2000 General Chat Archive 11 01-11-2009 11:56 AM
30k neopryn General Chat Archive 63 05-31-2007 11:20 AM
SXSW Reveals "Preliminary" Lineup davin Music Board Archive 43 03-08-2007 01:25 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2014