Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2018, 10:53 PM   #31
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
i didn't know he had a book. was it any good?
Yeah, it was pretty funny. He talks a lot about the comedian world. It's called "When The Balls Drop"

Old 02-19-2018, 11:07 PM   #32
ilikeplanets
Braindead

of course it is

i need something to read during the move from Washington to Oregon though

Old 02-19-2018, 11:14 PM   #33
fuzzyroes
Banned

If you're a fan you'd probably enjoy it. But there's endless better celeb memoirs out there. I just read Patty Schmels book. It was amazing. If you ever need a little inspiration on your continued path to sober living then you should really check it out. It's definitely motivated me to get sober... Very relatable book for us alcoholics or addicts out there.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:25 PM   #34
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Stiller is incredible on Seinfeld

Old 02-19-2018, 11:31 PM   #35
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
If you're a fan you'd probably enjoy it. But there's endless better celeb memoirs out there. I just read Patty Schmels book. It was amazing. If you ever need a little inspiration on your continued path to sober living then you should really check it out. It's definitely motivated me to get sober... Very relatable book for us alcoholics or addicts out there.
i don't know that is, to be honest. but i rarely turn down inspiration!

Old 02-20-2018, 03:26 AM   #36
fuzzyroes
Banned

She was the drummer in Hole at their peak. There's also a documentary under the same name (Hit So Hard) which is great, but the book is so much more in depth and personal. Really couldn't put it down. It's rare to see such straight-forward honesty in books like these.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:28 AM   #37
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Stiller is incredible on Seinfeld
Hell yeah. The scenes where George is living with his parents are some of my favorite of the series.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:29 AM   #38
MarquisInSpades
Banned

I think I should start watching Seinfeld

Old 02-20-2018, 03:29 AM   #39
fuzzyroes
Banned

The missing TV guide, George selling his clothes, George getting laid in their bed... Too good.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:32 AM   #40
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
I think I should start watching Seinfeld
Oh dude, you haven't seen it yet? You should definitely do it!

Start with seasons 4-6. Some of the earlier seasons can seem a little stylistically dated to new viewers and that can be a little hard for some to get past and the last 2 seasons don't have the primary producer/writer (Larry David from Curb Your Enthusiasm) on board so the content isn't as good on those.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:32 AM   #41
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Sweet, will do! You watch Silicon Valley?

Old 02-20-2018, 03:33 AM   #42
MarquisInSpades
Banned

But wait, won't I be missing a lot if I go straight to season 4?

Old 02-20-2018, 03:37 AM   #43
fuzzyroes
Banned

Ehhh, there's not a whole lot of back story needed with Seinfeld... I guess all you'd need to know is that Jerry and Elaine used to date and they were kind of on again off again in the earlier seasons.

Yeah man, I love Silicon Valley... One of the few new shows that I make a point of staying up to date with.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:38 AM   #44
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Haha nice. TJ Miller left though. He's not gonna be back for season 5. No more Erlich Bachman!

I love the show a lot, even more so because I code myself.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:41 AM   #45
fuzzyroes
Banned

Are you shitting me?!? Why'd he leave!?

That's gonna throw a wrench in it I think. I saw a new trailer, and I didn't even notice he wasn't there lol. It seemed like Ginyang was more prominently featured though, I guess he's gonna slide in for a bigger role now?

Old 02-20-2018, 03:45 AM   #46
MarquisInSpades
Banned

I guess so? But the chemistry between Yang and Erlich was dope. JIAN YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

I am super bummed he left. I think there's something more to it. TJ has just been playing it off as "oh, my character isn't that important anymore anyway, the show will go on, I want to do my own thing". I don't buy it. It might have to do something with those allegations of sexual harassment, I think? Fucking hate it when that happens.

Seriously though, one of my favorite characters on the show. Just hilarious. It genuinely sucks he's leaving, I'd give anything to have him back for the fifth season.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:37 AM   #47
LaBelle
Socialphobic

what

Old 02-20-2018, 07:39 AM   #48
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I guess so? But the chemistry between Yang and Erlich was dope. JIAN YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

I am super bummed he left. I think there's something more to it. TJ has just been playing it off as "oh, my character isn't that important anymore anyway, the show will go on, I want to do my own thing". I don't buy it. It might have to do something with those allegations of sexual harassment, I think? Fucking hate it when that happens.

Seriously though, one of my favorite characters on the show. Just hilarious. It genuinely sucks he's leaving, I'd give anything to have him back for the fifth season.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:43 AM   #49
LaBelle
Socialphobic

oh NOW I get it.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:48 AM   #50
MarquisInSpades
Banned

have you seen the show yet

Old 02-20-2018, 07:51 AM   #51
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Nope

Old 02-20-2018, 08:00 AM   #52
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Oh, you should, it's excellent.

Erlich screams "JIAAN YAAAAANG" a lot, so...
They're 4 seasons in so far. It's hilarious.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #53
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

The Big Bang Theory fucking sucked from day one. Watched the pilot and assumed it would've been cancelled within 6 weeks.

Never underestimate appealing to the lowest common denominator.

And yes, I realize no one is talking about TBBT but I had something to say, so fuck you!

Old 02-20-2018, 06:32 PM   #54
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I've never seen more than a few minutes, but my neuropsychology professor always talked about for some reason. He really, really likes it

Old 02-20-2018, 06:33 PM   #55
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

It's a great TV show for people who buy their wardrobe from the graphic Ts section of Target.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:29 PM   #56
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
The Big Bang Theory fucking sucked from day one. Watched the pilot and assumed it would've been cancelled within 6 weeks.

Never underestimate appealing to the lowest common denominator.

And yes, I realize no one is talking about TBBT but I had something to say, so fuck you!
I'm telling you, you gotta watch the right episode to suck you in. I had a couple friends who said they hated it, and they too had only seen some clips here and there, so I pulled out my box-set and played a few episodes and they both laughed their asses off.

It's stupid, old sit-com humor, but it's good for a lot of dumb laughs. It's no surprise that it's made by the creator of 2 and a Half Men.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:31 PM   #57
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
It's a great TV show for people who buy their wardrobe from the graphic Ts section of Target.
Walmart has a dope graphic tee section. I bought a Boston and Nirvana shirt there.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:32 PM   #58
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post

Dude, I never even heard anything about any sexual harassment and him... That's whack.

I'm pretty sure the new season of Baskets doesn't have Louis CK involved either, cause all of the sudden the writing and content just fell off of a cliff.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:06 PM   #59
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
It's a great TV show for people with crippling autism.
FIXED

Old 02-20-2018, 09:10 PM   #60
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

the few minutes i tried to watch of "how i met ur mom" and "big bang theory" have literally made me so angry i had to turn off the tv

it's beyond me how anyone could enjoy that horseshit. on par with "two and a half men"