Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2018, 07:05 PM   #7111
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

also i was looking for a job and then i found a job and heave knows i'm miserable now

Old 04-02-2018, 07:09 PM   #7112
Elphenor
Braindead

=)

Old 04-02-2018, 07:09 PM   #7113
Elphenor
Braindead

why do I give valuable time to people who don't care if I die

Old 04-02-2018, 07:22 PM   #7114
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

For $$

Old 04-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #7115
FoolofaTook

Exclamation :)

There are some…I’ve put two things together here, sexual regulations and Jewish genetic diseases. I suppose those could be separate, but let me put them together for the moment. First of all, there is the basic rules against incest and against spilling the seed of the male. So there are stories in the Bible about, when someone does that, the Lord strikes them dead. So the idea of masturbation is out, among Orthodox Jews at least. And the idea of sexual intercourse when a woman is having her period is also out. In fact, during that time period, there may even be an arrangement where they’re not even in the same room. Because oral contraception doesn’t involve male sperm, it tends to be more acceptable.

Well, my editing just got a whole lot more interesting!

Old 04-04-2018, 02:03 PM   #7116
ilikeplanets
Braindead

um, ew.

anyway i passed my written drivers test. definitely not difficult.

Old 04-04-2018, 05:45 PM   #7117
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Woot! Woot!

Old 04-04-2018, 05:46 PM   #7118
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
There are some…I’ve put two things together here, sexual regulations and Jewish genetic diseases. I suppose those could be separate, but let me put them together for the moment. First of all, there is the basic rules against incest and against spilling the seed of the male. So there are stories in the Bible about, when someone does that, the Lord strikes them dead. So the idea of masturbation is out, among Orthodox Jews at least. And the idea of sexual intercourse when a woman is having her period is also out. In fact, during that time period, there may even be an arrangement where they’re not even in the same room. Because oral contraception doesn’t involve male sperm, it tends to be more acceptable.

Well, my editing just got a whole lot more interesting!
i wonder whose alt this is

Old 04-04-2018, 05:57 PM   #7119
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Nihilist's

Old 04-04-2018, 07:28 PM   #7120
FoolofaTook

it gets better.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:29 PM   #7121
FoolofaTook

This is from a little book called Spiritual Care: Nursing Theory in Research and Practice by Elizabeth Taylor. She points out an Israeli nurse working with women who had delivered their children. Because of Jewish law, the usual ways of extracting milk were not appropriate. Because of Orthodox Jewish law, they couldn’t use a pump, and they couldn’t apply heat. All those are the normal ways of doing it. And the reasons for this were clear to Orthodox rabbis.
But yet, it is very painful if there isn’t something done during this time. If the woman were to manually pump milk or store it, that would be seen as wrong. Taking a warm shower, massage with lotions, taking medication are all parts of laws prohibiting threshing, grinding, igniting a fire, building, and other work activities on the Sabbath. So what are you going to do? If you’re not an Orthodox Jew, this may sound just ludicrous, but to a person who is determined to try to follow, out of respect to God, ancestors and family, it isn’t ludicrous. It’s something you have to do, and you do it with carefulness.
So the nurse began to think, what could we do? And there was a whole list of quite interesting possibilities. And I think she came up with about six or seven of them, some of which involved expressing milk into a container with salt so that it could never be used so therefore, it was nothing meaningful done; massaging without lotion; heating the water in a water bottle prior to the start of the Sabbath; using cold compresses that don’t have to be wrung out (that’s that twisting motion); put on cabbage leaves; and one or two others.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:29 PM   #7122
FoolofaTook

lol cabbage leaves

Old 04-04-2018, 07:33 PM   #7123
FoolofaTook

those are from a lecture on world religions. this is module five, judaism.

no shit.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:34 PM   #7124
FoolofaTook

how does a guy like me get neg rep? this is what i want to know

Old 04-04-2018, 07:38 PM   #7125
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

couldn't someone else pump the milk from her breast? i mean what's the big deal, groping for god it could be called

Old 04-04-2018, 07:40 PM   #7126
FoolofaTook

no there are rules about touching too. if a female orthodox jew pumps her, she sins (working on the sabbath). anyone else is a gentile so they are unclean, right?

Old 04-04-2018, 07:40 PM   #7127
FoolofaTook

i've got another 40 pages of this shit. can't wait for module six: islam!

Old 04-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #7128
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
no there are rules about touching too. if a female orthodox jew pumps her, she sins (working on the sabbath). anyone else is a gentile so they are unclean, right?
right, it couldn't be another jew. but uh, is touching gentiles not allowed at all?

Old 04-04-2018, 08:17 PM   #7129
Disco King
Minion of Satan

True Jews go into suspended animation every Sabbath to make sure even their automatic bodily functions aren't producing a single Newton of work.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:58 PM   #7130
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Cabbage leaves to relieve engorgment is a real thing - I never did it, but lots of women say it helps.

That is crazy, it would be awful to be in that situation. What about actually breastfeeding your baby? Is that considered working on the Sabbath?

Old 04-05-2018, 09:09 AM   #7131
FoolofaTook

i'm not sure. i try to think as little as possible about the content of this stuff. it give me a headache.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #7132
FoolofaTook

Default ATTN TOC!!!

The other thing that’s important to realize about Jews is that they have an influence that’s considerably beyond their numbers. There are some names that you can think of—Karl Marx, Sigmund Freud, Albert Einstein, Anne Frank… the list goes on and on. If you stop to think about it, 25% of the Nobel prizes have been awarded to Jews. I know 25% of the prizes in physics have been awarded to Jews.

Now, in a world with a population of 7 billion of which 14 million are Jews, we said that’s 1 in every 500 who is a Jew. So it should be something like not 25% but maybe .2% of the prizes should be Jewish. But it’s 25%. It’s over 100-fold more than one would expect. It’s just an amazing number, and of course, there are those who think, well, they must have it rigged. And there’s this kind of suspicion. But I find no evidence of that.
All the major U.S. broadcast station founders were Jews. Three of the nine U.S. Supreme Court justices are Jews. The other six are Catholic. Think of comedians. Jews have had a monopoly on American comedy. You have the Marx brothers; you have the Three Stooges, all the way to Seinfeld and Stewart, and a lot in between. There is Joan Rivers and Milton Berle and so forth. And you think of the inventions that Jews have made. For example, Starbucks, Dell, Google, Levi, Hyatt. The rate of patents coming out of Israel is extraordinarily larger than the size of the country and the population.

So clearly, the Jews as a whole have made high marks in many different areas, in law, in medicine, in philosophy, in entertainment and so forth. And figuring out why this happens leads to different kinds of conclusions. There are those who would say that this is an evidence of God’s blessing. Others would say that there are other factors that involve their way of life, that they are encouraged to be entrepreneurial and that they have, in a sense, a community in which they are expected to achieve. And I’m not going to answer the question. I’m just going to point out that this has left them open to accusations that they’re somehow running the world. You can think of ambassadors to the United States. You can think of presidential aids and so forth, in almost every administration of modern times.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:25 AM   #7133
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Cabbage leaves to relieve engorgment is a real thing - I never did it, but lots of women say it helps.

That is crazy, it would be awful to be in that situation. What about actually breastfeeding your baby? Is that considered working on the Sabbath?
feeding your baby is keeping them alive, which is basically the only reason you're allowed to "work" on the sabbath. life is the MOST sacred.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:05 PM   #7134
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
The other thing that’s important to realize about Jews is that they have an influence that’s considerably beyond their numbers. There are some names that you can think of—Karl Marx, Sigmund Freud, Albert Einstein, Anne Frank… the list goes on and on. If you stop to think about it, 25% of the Nobel prizes have been awarded to Jews. I know 25% of the prizes in physics have been awarded to Jews.

Now, in a world with a population of 7 billion of which 14 million are Jews, we said that’s 1 in every 500 who is a Jew. So it should be something like not 25% but maybe .2% of the prizes should be Jewish. But it’s 25%. It’s over 100-fold more than one would expect. It’s just an amazing number, and of course, there are those who think, well, they must have it rigged. And there’s this kind of suspicion. But I find no evidence of that.
All the major U.S. broadcast station founders were Jews. Three of the nine U.S. Supreme Court justices are Jews. The other six are Catholic. Think of comedians. Jews have had a monopoly on American comedy. You have the Marx brothers; you have the Three Stooges, all the way to Seinfeld and Stewart, and a lot in between. There is Joan Rivers and Milton Berle and so forth. And you think of the inventions that Jews have made. For example, Starbucks, Dell, Google, Levi, Hyatt. The rate of patents coming out of Israel is extraordinarily larger than the size of the country and the population.

So clearly, the Jews as a whole have made high marks in many different areas, in law, in medicine, in philosophy, in entertainment and so forth. And figuring out why this happens leads to different kinds of conclusions. There are those who would say that this is an evidence of God’s blessing. Others would say that there are other factors that involve their way of life, that they are encouraged to be entrepreneurial and that they have, in a sense, a community in which they are expected to achieve. And I’m not going to answer the question. I’m just going to point out that this has left them open to accusations that they’re somehow running the world. You can think of ambassadors to the United States. You can think of presidential aids and so forth, in almost every administration of modern times.

I'm not Jewish but I happen to think it's because the Jewish ethnicity is blessed with an above average mental capacity and desire to succeed. the Jews are amazing people.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:06 PM   #7135
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
I'm not Jewish but I happen to think it's because the Jewish ethnicity is blessed with an above average mental capacity and desire to succeed. the Jews are amazing people.
that would never stop me from making fun of the orthodox rituals however. I have a friend who's son CONVERTED and now won't touch his own cock when he takes a piss. I mean jesus fucking christ

Old 04-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #7136
redbreegull

the jews have been so successful over such a long period of time despite being one of the most historically targeted groups not because of God, not because of their own value system, not because of any inherent capacity. There are two factors I would point out:

1. In the Christian era, Jews have ALWAYS wielded a special kind of economic power because they were allowed to lend money and act as bankers. Many European monarchs, aristocrats, and other power brokers fiercely protected their Jewish populations in the first ~1.5 millennia of the Christian era (i.e. created the earliest version of Jewish ghettos in their cities to "protect" them) because Jews were an invaluable financial resource to them. Even when the European Christian establishment turned on the Jews in the 1200-1400s, the Jews were able to hold onto a lot of the cultural and economic power which had been enshrined in them earlier which has made them a strangely influential and hard to squash group despite their small numbers.

2. Jewish cultures have had thousands of years to strike the perfect balance between assimilation and maintaining a distinct cultural identity. Global Judaism is extremely well-balanced between inculcating a strong internal sense of concrete identity and adapting to a huge variety of different political, economic, ethnic, and religious realities. Jews have a strong sense of being bound together as one people, and yet they are incredibly diverse and have no analog to centralized cultural or religious authorities or power systems like Christian churches. Obviously a human system with a strong identity and an extremely decentralized power structure is the strongest sort of system. Just ask global terrorist organizations.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:50 PM   #7137
FoolofaTook

what about jacob stealing esau's birthright?

hard to blame the dude tbh lentils are bomb

Old 04-05-2018, 02:02 PM   #7138
Elphenor
Braindead

my anxiety is flaring up and it makes it impossible to do my job

Old 04-05-2018, 02:28 PM   #7139
Ram27
dumb

same. i woke up today and just couldn't get my life together

Old 04-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #7140
Ram27
dumb

i have to prepare a speech tomorrow about music education

which you think would be easy...you know, just bullshit about jimmy c and stuff. i feel like i'm whoring out something i enjoy for a dumb class. does that make any sense?

also i am literal fucking trash at public speaking