Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-27-2018, 02:51 AM   #1
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Default What if WPC Apologized?

to everyone, for everything he's gotten wrong since...well, since 2000. but mostly, to the fans. i wish he would own how shit his music is/was w/o the original 4. i dont want them to reunite, i want billy to act his age. i know i would respect him again for showing humility, grace, and the ability to be wrong.

sadly, i know this is not w/i his character and will never happen. i'm almost 2 decades younger than him, but i feel 20 years more emotionally mature. if he could just admit fault or error...authentically.

would an apology mean anything to you or is it too late?

Old 02-27-2018, 03:01 AM   #2
Shallowed
Braindead

ok

Old 02-27-2018, 03:01 AM   #3
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Just because he's made music that I enjoy in the past doesn't mean he owes me music I enjoy today. I don't feel he needs to apologize to me for making shitty music. I don't like the music, so I listen to something else. If he does like the music he's making, that's great for him.

There are people that he should definitely apologize to (Devi Ever, probably pretty much anybody he's ever worked with), but that's between him and them.

And if he ever does apologize to them, it'll probably go something like this:

"That didn't happen. And if it did, it wasn't that bad. And if it was, that's not a big deal. And if it was, that's not my fault. And if it was, I didn't mean it. And if I did, you deserved it."

Old 02-27-2018, 03:03 AM   #4
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
He said that he was recently apologizing to D’arcy for being an asshole in the band

He "apologized" to D'Arcy last year...see how long that lasted?

Old 02-27-2018, 03:06 AM   #5
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

he straight up blamed the fans for not understanding how "deep" monuments was instead of in an interview, say, last year, saying, yeah, that wasn't my best effort. i don't mean a literally apology to the fans. perhaps more like an acceptance of fault instead of projecting failure to those who try to support him.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:14 AM   #6
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Just because he's made music that I enjoy in the past doesn't mean he owes me music I enjoy today. I don't feel he needs to apologize to me for making shitty music. I don't like the music, so I listen to something else. If he does like the music he's making, that's great for him.
yes.

As long as I myself believe in my output, be it work or anything else, I'm not gonna apologize "hey sorry, that was actually not good" - because someone doesn't like it, I'm not Whole Foods.

And if my plan is to put up the front that my output is just great despite fully knowing I phoned it in in order to promote it to a few - why would I apologize for ...my intention?

So what "acceptance of fault" do you have in mind?
To people who care about MUSIC? or people who are fans in a personality cult and want to feel like he owes them jackshit for admiring him?
I support music I enjoy - if I don't enjoy it, nobody is forcing me to.

As for people he works with - yes, sure, but none of my business and the question still remains how much an apology means. I prefer to be not treated like shit, a "yo sorry" after years doesn't change much, does it.

The only thing I can think of where an apology to people he has nothing to do with - aka fans - would maybe make sense are the current ticket prices lol.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:25 AM   #7
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

yeah it's not going to happen. ok

i used to find his unapologetic nature inspiring, but now it's boring and predictable. and for all the relationships (professional) he's destroyed over the years, you'd think he'd wake up and be humble. his inability to express fault in any capacity is the main reason i am not attending this tour. i can't separate the man from the music. it's all so fake now

Old 02-27-2018, 03:38 AM   #8
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Ah I see.

"wake up and be humble" - yea wrong person.

It might be also an inability to express fault or humbleness - but beyond that I think a person with this sort of ego, on the path he took in his midlife crisis 45-neverending, isn't just incapable of expressing it, they don't have it to begin with.

This now feels less fake to me than the small theater plainsong months do in retrospect. which was fake? the person smiling and seeming happy about 2k people with the best atmosphere I have personally ever experienced live with this guy since 1998, or this guy now peddling 200 bucks shitbunker tickets including hostage style videos of his own family members? to stand there and be a human jukebox? (which he yelled at people he is not for how long... almost 30 years!)

I honestly can't tell which of the 2 is the entirely fake one, and that somehow has affected how I feel about even older songs. I connected to many, and that more than is probably healthy. At this point I see a good chance that I connected to carefully crafted, completely void, fake audio-money. Good thing it's just songs!

Old 02-27-2018, 03:48 AM   #9
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
including hostage style videos of his own family members?

LOL.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:43 AM   #10
Whir34
Pledge

He doesn't owe me an apology

Old 02-27-2018, 06:11 AM   #11
LaBelle
Socialphobic

If he tried to apologize it would probably come across like Kevin Spacey's or Louis CK's "apologies" and would only make me hate him more.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:15 AM   #12
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

that's what i was thinking.
would you believe his apology to be genuine, oklahoma?
even if it was, i think a lot of people would be skeptical.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:28 AM   #13
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Expecting a rich white guy to suddenly turn humble out of the blue is the equivalent of waiting for Santa as an adult.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:47 AM   #14
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Expecting a rich white guy to suddenly turn humble out of the blue is the equivalent of waiting for Santa as an adult.
you seem racist. unless you've personally met the many thousands of rich white guys in the world (you haven't) and can definitively say that none of them are humble (you can't).

now, if you're just talking about billy corgan, well, then yeah, he's his own person.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:33 AM   #15
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
you seem racist. unless you've personally met the many thousands of rich white guys in the world (you haven't) and can definitively say that none of them are humble (you can't).

now, if you're just talking about billy corgan, well, then yeah, he's his own person.
hahahah good one.

The worst part is there's people who actually think like this.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:36 AM   #16
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
hahahah good one.

People who think someone's race doesn't dictate their personality?

Sorry LaBelle, but you are pretty obsessed with race.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:43 AM   #17
pavementtune

"sorry", Marquis, but were you the one "I really regret sharing my opinions here, I came here to have fun" or not.

ding ding ding.

(p.s. shocker: look up the definition of racism, racism against white people cannot exist per definition, much like alternative facts.)

moving on!

Old 02-27-2018, 10:43 AM   #18
LaBelle
Socialphobic

People who don't know what racism means.

damn got ninja'd!

Old 02-27-2018, 10:45 AM   #19
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Old 02-27-2018, 10:59 AM   #20
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
hahahah good one.

you, and you alone, injected the topic of race into this thread. your reasons for doing that? I'll let it speak for itself.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:12 AM   #21
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Any words out of his mouth stand a very slim chance of being genuine and heartfelt because his psychological make-up renders him more or less incapable of understanding how he comes across to others. The notion that he's treated others badly or undeservedly doesn't really register with him.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:16 AM   #22
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
you, and you alone, injected the topic of race into this thread. your reasons for doing that? I'll let it speak for itself.
Yeah i'm terribly racist and sexist against wealthy white men. What a put upon group of people

Old 02-27-2018, 11:17 AM   #23
MarquisInSpades
Banned

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

lol wut

Old 02-27-2018, 11:19 AM   #24
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Yeah i'm terribly racist and sexist against wealthy white men. What a put upon group of people

You are judging a large group of people based upon the color of their skin. If you're proud of that, well, alright then.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:19 AM   #25
LaBelle
Socialphobic

via GIPHY

Old 02-27-2018, 11:20 AM   #26
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

lol wut
This is the dictionary definition right here

Old 02-27-2018, 11:21 AM   #27
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Talking

Quote:
You are judging a large group of people based upon the color of their skin. If you're proud of that, well, alright then.
And you're engaging on the favorite occupation of white men, defending other white men.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:25 AM   #28
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
This is the dictionary definition right here
That definition is largely useless because it doesn't take into consideration that white people are in a position of power and privilege.

Gosh, it's like talking to 12 year olds.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:32 AM   #29
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
And you're engaging on the favorite occupation of white men, defending other white men.
everyone should be able to defend anyone they want when they are attacked for being born a certain way. I was born with white skin, does that make it okay for you to project negative traits on me because of the way i was born?

Old 02-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #30
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

And that, my friends, is Bill Corgan's alt-right bullshit tainting us.