Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2018, 10:17 AM   #31
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

(Credit: amoergosum, Forgotten Child)

Old 07-13-2018, 04:50 PM   #32
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

B0llz identified this as 'Zero" on his IG.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #33
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Muzzle video background
patrick

Old 07-13-2018, 06:02 PM   #34
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

damn where's toc when you need him

Old 07-13-2018, 07:02 PM   #35
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

I can’t wait to get some clear footage of all the stage montages. The pre-Zero poem and Solara text seem to tie into this.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:33 PM   #36
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

I think it’s all very obtuse, because it’s all, like, I don’t know. So, like, I started thinking that everything BIlly operates on is based on what he believes God was telling him to do. God could be his intuition or whatever, but he always assumes, that the voice he hears is the voice of God. Then I started thinking, what if BIlly's insane? So he's operating on the premise that he's hearing the voice of God or what he perceives to be God speaking to him or through him, but maybe he's completely insane… and I started thinking maybe THIS is the cause of all the negativity against BIlly…

Old 07-13-2018, 11:10 PM   #37
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

The Zero monologue:

Quote:
"We are the illuminated, the illustrious, the ill-timed knock. Ah yes, we are the fracture, the schisms, the rift in the rabble, the sleepy clown, the atomized dowds, the dreams who stopped dreaming oh so long ago.

Yes all colors mixed in mire make up the black. As do all numbers fixed up to zero, zed, and No. So let's go back to your beginnings, as I shall go back to mine. It won't last, and it'll be quick, but then again that's why we're here. No past. No future. No sun.

So let's blow on fading embers to boast about things near, forgotten, and buried. 'Tis the end. 'Tis the end. 'Tis the end."

Old 07-13-2018, 11:25 PM   #38
slunken
Virgo

God he's so stupid

Old 07-13-2018, 11:32 PM   #39
Shallowed
Braindead

It reads just like one of his Instagram posts.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:51 PM   #40
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Muzzle video background
patrick
Whether one believes in this sort of thing or not, there's Illuminati symbolism showing up.

Throw in the lyrics to Solara as well. 'I am the seer, I am the seeker. Become the owl at midnght.' with solara, the sun, being a symbol of the light and knowledge that lucifer brings.

Also there's the Stairway cover which would be the ultimate illuminati music industry devil worship song, again, if one believes in that sort of thing.

"We are the illuminated, the illustrious, the ill-timed knock. Ah yes, we are the fracture, the schisms, the rift in the rabble, the sleepy clown, the atomized dowds, the dreams who stopped dreaming oh so long ago."

>>"Freak out, give in, doesn't matter what you believe in. Stay cool and be somebody's fool this year. Cause they know who is righteous who is bold..or so I'm told..."

Old 07-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #41
FoolofaTook

thank you fartface

Old 07-14-2018, 10:27 PM   #42
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvase View Post
Whether one believes in this sort of thing or not, there's Illuminati symbolism showing up.

Throw in the lyrics to Solara as well. 'I am the seer, I am the seeker. Become the owl at midnght.' with solara, the sun, being a symbol of the light and knowledge that lucifer brings.
Hmm...I want to see the text Billy's displaying during Solara at the concerts to get a clearer idea about what the fuck he's talking about, but the sun seems to be more of a symbol for "God's pure truth" than esoteric knowledge (unless he thinks they're the same thing?). He may even be using it as a direct substitute for the word "son" (as in Jesus is the Son of God).

"Run 2 me / where the sun never leaves"
"Can't stand the blazing sun? / Then close your eyes you'll see the angel dust"
"Jesus is the Sun"

What's clear to me though, is that this is definitely a continuation of what he came up with during Machina.

The name of the tour itself is even reminiscent of the Zwan lyric;

"Every new lie dusted shiny and bright / will suspend the storms and the clouds in sight / of an endless summer".

Calling it the "Shiny and Oh So Bright" tour seems like a straight up reference to it being a facade.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:06 AM   #43
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Calling it the "Shiny and Oh So Bright" tour seems like a straight up reference to it being a facade.
obviously. it's a play on "today is the greatest" , a song about suicide for casual fans bob their head and smile to the upbeat tempo

Old 07-15-2018, 08:47 AM   #44
FoolofaTook

genius

Old 07-15-2018, 02:14 PM   #45
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
Hmm...I want to see the text Billy's displaying during Solara at the concerts to get a clearer idea about what the fuck he's talking about, but the sun seems to be more of a symbol for "God's pure truth" than esoteric knowledge (unless he thinks they're the same thing?). He may even be using it as a direct substitute for the word "son" (as in Jesus is the Son of God).

"Run 2 me / where the sun never leaves"
"Can't stand the blazing sun? / Then close your eyes you'll see the angel dust"
"Jesus is the Sun"

What's clear to me though, is that this is definitely a continuation of what he came up with during Machina.

The name of the tour itself is even reminiscent of the Zwan lyric;

"Every new lie dusted shiny and bright / will suspend the storms and the clouds in sight / of an endless summer".

I agree it's most likely a continuation of an already existing message. The sun IS a symbol of God's pure truth, but also don't forget that Luciferians consider Lucifer to be the true God and the Christian God to be the anti-christ.

A bing search:

'Lucifer is the "Light Bearer" or "Light Bringer" because Lucifer was the Roman name for the planet Venus when it was visible prior to sun rise. Since it was a bright heavenly object that presaged the rising of the sun, they called it the "Light Bringer". Basically, Lucifer was a Roman god that was seen sort of as the "herald" of the sun.'

It could very well be that the artwork for the Shiny and O so bright! tour is Lucifer himself.

"For Luciferians, enlightenment is the ultimate goal. The basic Luciferian principles highlight truth and freedom of will, worshipping the inner self and one's ultimate potential. Traditional dogma is shunned as a basis for morality on the grounds that humans should not need deities or fear of eternal punishment to distinguish right from wrong and to do good. All ideas should be tested before being accepted, and even then one should remain skeptical because knowledge and understanding are fluid. Regardless of whether Lucifer is conceived of as a deity or as a mere archetype, he is a representation of ultimate knowledge and exploration, as well as humanity's savior and a champion for continuing personal growth."

Sounds like Corgan to me

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show

Old 07-15-2018, 02:26 PM   #46
artvase
Pledge

"In Anton LaVey's The Satanic Bible, Lucifer is one of the four crown princes of hell, particularly that of the East, the "lord of the air", and is described as the bringer of light, the morning star, intellectualism, and enlightenment.[39] The title "lord of the air" is based upon Ephesians 2:2, which uses the phrase "prince of the power of the air'" to refer to the Ancient Greek god Zeus, but that phrase later became conflated with Satan.

Author Michael W. Ford has written on Lucifer as a "mask" of the adversary, a motivator and illuminating force of the mind and subconscious."

I wonder how many times Corgan went to church with Manson and Johnny Depp

Old 07-15-2018, 02:39 PM   #47
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Also there's the Stairway cover which would be the ultimate illuminati music industry devil worship song, again, if one believes in that sort of thing.

"We are the illuminated, the illustrious, the ill-timed knock. Ah yes, we are the fracture, the schisms, the rift in the rabble, the sleepy clown, the atomized dowds, the dreams who stopped dreaming oh so long ago."

>>"Freak out, give in, doesn't matter what you believe in. Stay cool and be somebody's fool this year. Cause they know who is righteous who is bold..or so I'm told..."
If you check Ogilala artwork will notice lots of Square and Compasses and Shrine symbols as well.

Old 07-15-2018, 02:50 PM   #48
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Hmm...I want to see the text Billy's displaying during Solara at the concerts to get a clearer idea about what the fuck he's talking about.
It's something like

" Love is not all you need
I am all you need
What you need is me
Tomorrow is so far away
Yesterday is forgotten
I am so afraid of today
Can't you see I'm special
I stand out in a crowd
I no long see flowers"

I probably missed one line or two cause the screen is (get ready for it) shiny and oh so bright!

Last edited by Forgotten Child : 07-15-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:24 PM   #49
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

My brain hurts

Old 07-15-2018, 05:33 PM   #50
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I refuse to go anywhere near this rabbit hole

Old 07-16-2018, 03:15 PM   #51
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
If you check Ogilala artwork will notice lots of Square and Compasses and Shrine symbols as well.
Are you referring to the cover only or to other instances of art within the album? I don't own a copy of it but I'd be interested to see what's inside

Old 07-16-2018, 06:28 PM   #52
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
It's something like

" Love is not all you need
I am all you need
What you need is me
Tomorrow is so far away
Yesterday is forgotten
I am so afraid of today
Can't you see I'm special
I stand out in a crowd
I no long see flowers"

I probably missed one line or two cause the screen is (get ready for it) shiny and oh so bright!
Thanks. I think Zero is supposed to be the arch-nemesis to Glass -and represents all the material trappings of celebrity and a self-obsessed culture. Maybe the whole Zero statue thing is supposed to be like worshiping a false idol? He's encouraging people to take photos with the thing in the venue lobby after the show lol.

The way he's prowling around and hamming it up during Ava Adore in these shows is almost like a wrestling character playing the heel.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:45 PM   #53
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Are you referring to the cover only or to other instances of art within the album? I don't own a copy of it but I'd be interested to see what's inside

Hail the wounded stars, hiding ageless arks. #OGILALA #TheLongGoodbye #outnow

A post shared by OGILALA (@ogilala) on

Old 07-16-2018, 06:48 PM   #54
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 07-16-2018, 07:35 PM   #55
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

im double tapping but nothing's happening

Old 07-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #56
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Muzzle video background
The bottom of his coat is a stage curtain with this image in it:

It looks like Boz as a sage giving his heart to a child (himself? AugJupp?)

Old 07-27-2018, 07:53 AM   #57
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

I can't believe I missed the lyrics to Spaced, which appear to be about how Billy's childhood trauma has impacted his adult mental state and role as an artist.

The whole thing seems to deal with his sense of being a fractured personality, whose persistent feelings of worthlessness and pain are reflected in an audience of lost souls he reaches through the radio. Billy is the vortex of lost souls.

Billy: "kinda hard to explain so i won't, but if you listen really close you can hear the 7 secrets of the 7 veils of Apollo"

Maybe this conceptual framework IS the 7 secrets of the 7 veils of Apollo...

RADIO:
Quote:
cold heart radio
feedback
the pain
reoccuring messages of badness
GHOST CHILDREN:
Quote:
reoccuring living bad dreams at the vortex of lost souls
wailing lost souls of shame
we are in one whole
like a cup of mercury phosphate
Quote:
lifting wailing lost souls who stand a chance
hot, my eyes darkly gaze and wonder- do not enter
SHATTERING GLASS:
Quote:
why why why?
i was born whole
fractured divided shattered into a billion fragments
a million piece puzzle
a million piece jigsaw puzzle with no this, and no that.....

Old 07-27-2018, 08:22 AM   #58
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

One day I will be vindicated, and you will remember one name: Funbags.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:59 AM   #59
FoolofaTook

who?

Old 07-27-2018, 12:47 PM   #60
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

I remember trying to decipher this Machina mystery back in the day. Billy had some contest where people could send in their interpretations and the best one would win concert tickets. I think they were to the final show in Chicago at the Metro. I was enough of a blind fanboy in those days that I did it. I didn't win though. I'm not sure if anyone actually did; all I remember is Billy saying that no one correctly figured it out.

Anyway, I think he got so lost in this bizarre narrative that the album suffered for it. He wrote good songs, but so many of them ended up on the cutting room floor or on Machina II, which many of the more casual SP fans still have never heard. I was playing a bunch of tracks for a friend of mine the other day and he hadn't heard any of them.