Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2007, 10:16 PM   #1
Olivier
Apocalyptic Poster

Default wikipedia article of your home town

Hemet, California

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemet,_California

some cool facts, some i knew, some I didn't.

-http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../MazeStone.jpg
Hemet Maze Stone. This pictograph, representing a maze, is an outstanding example of the work of prehistoric peoples. It, with 5.75 acres (23,000 m²) of land, was donated to Riverside County as a county park on April 16, 1956 by Mr. and Mrs. Rodger E. Miller.Location: From State Hwy 74, go N 3.2 mi on California Ave to Maze Stone Park, Hemet
(i think i've seen it)

-Each year, the city stages Ramona, formerly known as "The Ramona Pageant," the worlds largest outdoor play, based on Helen Hunt Jackson's novel Ramona.
(always a HUGE thing in town, saw it in 4th grade with a few thousand other kids from around so cal)

-When asked, "Where ya from in the world?" in the 2001 film Spy Game, Brad Pitt's character, Tom Bishop, replies: "Hemet, California"

-In the movie "Almost Famous," the tour bus bears an anachronistic bumper sticker from the 1990s, which says, "Hemet Is Heaven."

-The last chase scene in the movie "The Fast and the Furious" takes place on Hemet's Domenigoni Parkway.
(dad told me that, drives that way every day. hell of a street, it's fast and furious all the time)

-The stable scenes in the movie "Seabiscuit" were filmed at the Hemet Stock Farm.
(tried out as an extra cause my friends were, haha)

notable people:

* James Lafferty, actor and athlete (One Tree Hill)
(went to my high school)
* Dolly Parton, country music singer/songwriter, composer, author, actress and philanthropist.