Old 03-23-2017, 10:42 AM   #1
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Default Good thread

I meant to write food thread but this also works hello

Old 03-23-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

This is my favorite place open until 00:30 am (I know there's 24 hours in a day, ok)
http://www.shanghaidumpling.chinesenj.net

My favorite thing is actually cucumbers with the seasoning which is high in chilis but the soup dumplings are good (everyone goes there for them) and I like the lion's head soup

Old 03-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #3
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

If you go here 11 am on a Saturday or even a week day, expect to see Mike and I: https://m.facebook.com/Pho-Main-Street-426079617562199/

Old 03-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #4
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

At home we eat things like fruit or something I cook. Mike can make monte criscos but why?? Would?? I?? Eat?? Monte??

Old 03-23-2017, 10:48 AM   #5
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

What do you guys think fuzzy likes to eat? I think juice boxes, alcohol, captain crunch, and gas station pizza. Which I would also eat because I'm garbage

Old 03-23-2017, 10:52 AM   #6
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Except the alcohol. That stuff is poison. It makes your blood too hot.

Good Korean: http://seoulvillenj.com . I actually live in Somerville but rarely go here also they don't have my fav dishes and it's expensive so I'm more likely to make Korean food than go out. Still deserves a shoutout. There is a kinda fusion but old school in a strip mall place called Kimchihana in South Plainfield that is better and any Korean person in NJ would reccomend first.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I wish Sarah posted. I hope she's ok. She probably knows these joints

Old 03-23-2017, 11:00 AM   #8
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I actually don't go here to eat because it's too out of the way but whenever I go over to my family's place there is some gr8 food (they're all vegetarian or low meat eaters for the most part EVEN THE DOG) from Ganesh Divine in the fridge or on the table: http://www.ganeshdivine.com/menu.html#mix

Old 03-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #9
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Anyone got any central nj pizza recs? Calabria Mia of Somerville makes a $6 pizza on some days and that's hard to argue with but it's far from "artisanal". Standard I guess. You get used to the style of pizza here which is basically salt on salt. It's wonderful

Old 03-23-2017, 11:05 AM   #10
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

http://i.imgur.com/1kB0yEJh.jpg
We got thin sliced beef on a whim and put it into meals for a week. This is soondubu jigae and yes I added deokboki. What was I thinking right?

Old 03-23-2017, 11:06 AM   #11
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I reccomend this rice: http://www.jfc.mx/images-featured/hukkura.jpg

Old 03-23-2017, 11:09 AM   #12
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Fig and Nougat say this is the best cat food: https://img.chewy.com/is/catalog/642...478026350_.jpg

Old 03-23-2017, 11:11 AM   #13
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Right now their dry food is wellness core. Although my parents fed their kats friskies so I'm not sure if matters if the food is "artisanal" or "grain free" or not. They're cats. But I want them to grow up big and strong and if food is why they don't I will feel so bad

Old 03-23-2017, 11:12 AM   #14
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

My mom gives Nougat (not Fig) this sometimes: https://c1.q-assets.com/images/produ...ntp-948_1z.jpg which is the Taco Bell of cat foods

Old 03-23-2017, 11:13 AM   #15
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

http://i.imgur.com/y2V00cnh.jpg
Victoria loves mache

Old 03-23-2017, 11:13 AM   #16
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
I wish Sarah posted. I hope she's ok. She probably knows these joints
obscured01...?

Old 03-23-2017, 11:15 AM   #17
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I've never had a calzone before so Mike and I split this one a few weeks ago. Il Forno of branchburg, where'd I used to get food with my sister after class when we went to school together: http://i.imgur.com/1ErV4jHh.jpg

Old 03-23-2017, 11:15 AM   #18
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
obscured01...?
Aeris Hilton

Last edited by ohnoitsbonnie : 03-23-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:32 PM   #19
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I feed my cat this royal canin prescription food because otherwise she gets diarrhea. I was giving her Orijen which is actually more expensive than the prescription food. I also give her a bit of Sheba wet food... it's supermarket food, but it is grain free. I spent a lot of time finding the best cat foods I could afford and I would get her these treats that were just freeze dried meats but the prescription food has grain and vegetables and stuff and it's the only thing that's helped her belly so fuck it I guess. Now I get her the treats that are on sale (usually Temptations) plus this Sheba meaty stick thing which looks like a slim jim and she will gnaw on it, it's v. cute

the only problem with the dry food (besides the grains) is it only comes in an 8.8-lb bag which lasts me about 3-4 months, i have to be careful to get the air out of the bag

Old 03-23-2017, 12:34 PM   #20
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

if this is the food thread then i suggest everyone should have a crock pot/slow cooker since they are cheap and lazy cooking

i make ragu in it, brilliant. all i have to do is some prep & cook it all day.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #21
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
If you go here 11 am on a Saturday or even a week day, expect to see Mike and I: https://m.facebook.com/Pho-Main-Street-426079617562199/
Food threads I greatly enjoy so this is my kind of thread.

Many off the cut and less "popular" places missing but this is a pretty decent list of places serving pho in MSP. I'm walking distance to many of them which is nice. St. Paul has the largest population of Hmong Americans in the US so there's lots of great stuff to discover over there as well.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:43 PM   #22
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
if this is the food thread then i suggest everyone should have a crock pot/slow cooker since they are cheap and lazy cooking

i make ragu in it, brilliant. all i have to do is some prep & cook it all day.
i have irrational fear of slow cookers causing fires ever since my car fire. i even bought one a few years ago and then returned it. i just can't do it

Old 03-23-2017, 01:06 PM   #23
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I feed my cat this royal canin prescription food because otherwise she gets diarrhea. I was giving her Orijen which is actually more expensive than the prescription food. I also give her a bit of Sheba wet food... it's supermarket food, but it is grain free. I spent a lot of time finding the best cat foods I could afford and I would get her these treats that were just freeze dried meats but the prescription food has grain and vegetables and stuff and it's the only thing that's helped her belly so fuck it I guess. Now I get her the treats that are on sale (usually Temptations) plus this Sheba meaty stick thing which looks like a slim jim and she will gnaw on it, it's v. cute

the only problem with the dry food (besides the grains) is it only comes in an 8.8-lb bag which lasts me about 3-4 months, i have to be careful to get the air out of the bag
I wondered about royal canin, because it claims to make poops less stinky (how??) and Fig had the worst ones. I don't think grain free is necessarily right for all cats. I know a cat with lymphoma that eats science diet ID digestive care mixed with fancy feast and he does well on it I guess. If your cat doesn't have diarrhea on her diet then no one should give you shit for it

Old 03-23-2017, 01:08 PM   #24
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Food threads I greatly enjoy so this is my kind of thread.

Many off the cut and less "popular" places missing but this is a pretty decent list of places serving pho in MSP. I'm walking distance to many of them which is nice. St. Paul has the largest population of Hmong Americans in the US so there's lots of great stuff to discover over there as well.
Nice! if I am ever in th a area I will consult with you on where to eat.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #25
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I want a slow cooker but since I have very limited kitchen space, I am just not sure. We need to do a deep organization and purge for sure. You could probably do a decent pork belly in one.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #26
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
i have irrational fear of slow cookers causing fires ever since my car fire. i even bought one a few years ago and then returned it. i just can't do it
there's no fire

Old 03-23-2017, 01:59 PM   #27
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i know there's no fire

i just have an irrational fear of it somehow catching on fire

Old 03-23-2017, 02:03 PM   #28
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I wondered about royal canin, because it claims to make poops less stinky (how??) and Fig had the worst ones. I don't think grain free is necessarily right for all cats. I know a cat with lymphoma that eats science diet ID digestive care mixed with fancy feast and he does well on it I guess. If your cat doesn't have diarrhea on her diet then no one should give you shit for it
my cat's poop is less stinky for sure, i don't smell it at all usually and my bed is 10 or 12 feet away from her litter box. it was suuuper stinky before, but the food stopped both the problems. she also doesn't clean her butt very well for some reason and it would be really gross, now i can clean it really fast if i need to. i used to buy tushiewipes™ because baby wipes seemed to be very uncomfortable

she also had giardia when i got her but even after it was cleared up she still had problems. i was giving her kitty immodium 1-2 times per week and eventually it stopped working so we tried this food and now she poops like a champ. i stuck with just the dry for a while before trying some wet food and if she just gets wet food she still has problems but as long as she has at least some dry food her poop is fine

Old 03-23-2017, 02:21 PM   #29
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
i know there's no fire

i just have an irrational fear of it somehow catching on fire
but thats ludicrous

Old 03-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #30
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

cat poop is really the worst isn't it

it's like the shitty equivalent to how cute they are

the cuter, the more disgusting

<3