Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2018, 02:52 AM   #5431
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

That will add some weightige to thy Newzeander....

Old 01-03-2018, 03:25 AM   #5432
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I'm setting myself up for some impressive numbers when the diet phase kicks in.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:10 AM   #5433
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I feel I gained weight just looking at that picture

Old 01-03-2018, 11:57 AM   #5434
ilikeplanets
Braindead

When I was pregnant I used to just eat fruit, ricotta cheese and chocolate syrup in a bowl (I reallllly can't cook). Don't you judge me! This was at least a weekly occurrence so it happened almost 37 times

Old 01-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #5435
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Buzz. Eggs Benedict with garlic prawns I really don't know about that. But that other thing with the dulche de leche looks incredible.

I choose to eat the abomination that is eggs Florentine with smoked salmon, on wholegrain bread.

I am trying to be more adventurous with my eating and drinking this year, and bought a drink today with Chinese white fungus, goji berries, and some kind of unidentified yellow objects that I think were beans.

Pretty good. Don't know if it was worth the additional $1.50 or if I should have just gone with lime juice like everyone else.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:59 PM   #5436
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
about to chow down on an Elvis sandwich

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/138045/elvis-sandwich/
it was The King

Old 01-03-2018, 01:00 PM   #5437
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

When I was pregnant I drank a crap load of skim milk and ate a lot of mussels, even though they were on the banned list. The cravings could not be ignored. I guess it was the zinc and the iron.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:15 PM   #5438
ilikeplanets
Braindead

oh god i drank soooo much milk (1%. skim milk is pointless since you can't absorb the vitamin D w/o the fat, or so i was told). thank goodness for WIC. i think most women do. now i can't stand it cuz i had like 4 large cups a day for all that time.

i also craved tomatoes and spinach, a lot. guess it was whatever healthy stuff is in there. and fruit. i should only eat so healthy now. no coffee either (lol)

I strictly adhered to the banned list, at least starting from when I found out. In fact, I try not to eat a lot of those foods now because there must be a reason pregnant women shouldn't eat them (looking at you bean sprouts and deli meat). I do still eat soft cheeses though, yolo!

Old 01-03-2018, 08:52 PM   #5439
vixnix
Socialphobic

It's just a higher risk of listeria and the risk of a fever harming the baby while it's in utero, I think.

I pretty much ignored the banned list and ate whatever I wanted. If I have a craving for raw fish or mussels pretty much nothing can stand in my way. I bore the shame of that every six months as a vegan.

I don't particularly enjoy them outside of the times that I have huge cravings for them. But I think sometimes I just need something that nutrient dense to replenish a bunch of stores, and then it's done, and I move on.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:30 PM   #5440
ilikeplanets
Braindead

got cherry pie cooling right now, fuck yessss

Old 01-03-2018, 10:00 PM   #5441
fuzzyroes
Banned

***Cue the Warrant***

Old 01-04-2018, 12:21 AM   #5442
ilikeplanets
Braindead

omg it was good though <3

Old 01-04-2018, 12:21 AM   #5443
ilikeplanets
Braindead

even gave the little one a taste and she almost gnawed my finger off

Old 01-04-2018, 01:10 AM   #5444
vixnix
Socialphobic

noooo you're supposed to start them on mustard and watercress so they won't be fussy :P

Old 01-04-2018, 01:17 AM   #5445
vixnix
Socialphobic

I was so precious with my first baby, he was exclusively breastfed and then we had a family Christmas dinner and my uncle had him on his knee, and he was fussing, and my uncle's like "I know what you want" and handed him a whole piece of bread

I was like noooooooo WHO guidelines say exclusively breastfeed until 6 months

but like, in my head. Because in my family you can't say that stuff out loud, I mean you can, but there are consequences. It's better to stay quiet and silently surrender to the failure of not meeting WHO guidelines

Which they changed a few years later, anyway

Old 01-04-2018, 08:05 AM   #5446
LaBelle
Socialphobic

That moment when life makes you feel like some of the closest people to you may not really hold you in that much of a high regard and you're unsure if anyone ever liked you for who you are and not for simply being "nice'.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:36 PM   #5447
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I was so precious with my first baby, he was exclusively breastfed and then we had a family Christmas dinner and my uncle had him on his knee, and he was fussing, and my uncle's like "I know what you want" and handed him a whole piece of bread

I was like noooooooo WHO guidelines say exclusively breastfeed until 6 months

but like, in my head. Because in my family you can't say that stuff out loud, I mean you can, but there are consequences. It's better to stay quiet and silently surrender to the failure of not meeting WHO guidelines

Which they changed a few years later, anyway
Pssssh I can't WAIT until she eats food. I give her licks of stuff she won't choke on all the time and she's fine. I gave her a taste of still-liquid fudge around Xmas and that was definitely her favorite. She likes tiny bites of ice cream, too. I should probably not get her hooked on sweets, though. Eh, she won't remember any of this. I'd be happy if she gained some weight, tbh

Old 01-04-2018, 12:44 PM   #5448
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I was also instructed to put infant rice cereal in her bottles since age 3 months, and told to try feeding her canned baby food at 5 months (which is in less than two weeks , omg!). I think that's too soon based on her inability to sit up without help though. But I do add the cereal to her night bottle and she does great with it. Basically there is no parenting manual and WHO can fuck off!

(that's a good joke set up)

Old 01-04-2018, 01:31 PM   #5449
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Also also, were you way less worried about everything with your second child? I hear that is very common but I don't see myself as being much more blase with any subsequent children. Maybe more confident, if anything. Maybe. But probably only if it's another girl. I also can't imagine knowing you're pregnant during the first (scariest) trimester. It's definitely a blessing in some ways that I didn't find out until I was just 3 months away from having her. I would have been a wreck those first 12 or so weeks when most bad things happen

Old 01-04-2018, 01:32 PM   #5450
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
That moment when life makes you feel like some of the closest people to you may not really hold you in that much of a high regard and you're unsure if anyone ever liked you for who you are and not for simply being "nice'.
that moment IS life

Old 01-04-2018, 05:54 PM   #5451
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Yeah pretty much, lol.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:05 PM   #5452
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

that's deep, y'all

Old 01-04-2018, 07:52 PM   #5453
Elphenor
Braindead

I have to bail on a job without giving notice again but I have to turn my keys in no way around a conversation I just don't want to have

Old 01-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #5454
yo soy el mejor

^ always a bad look, but sounds like you have the privilege of not having to care

Old 01-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #5455
yo soy el mejor

too many shitty jobs out there, though, expect professional behavior and don't reciprocate

do we get two week notices for getting let go? i don't think so.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:04 PM   #5456
yo soy el mejor

gotta give respect to get respect, ya feel me?

Old 01-04-2018, 08:28 PM   #5457
Elphenor
Braindead

I mean fuck the corporation but my boss at the store level has been good to me

it'll be pretty tough to deal with my abscense for a few weeks retail is always short managers

I've got a better job, was waiting for my drug test to clear before quitting this one and it took forever now training is Monday

Old 01-04-2018, 08:37 PM   #5458
Elphenor
Braindead

except making me close and then open at 7am

I wouldn't fault someone for bailing just on that

Old 01-04-2018, 09:03 PM   #5459
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Also also, were you way less worried about everything with your second child? I hear that is very common but I don't see myself as being much more blase with any subsequent children. Maybe more confident, if anything. Maybe. But probably only if it's another girl. I also can't imagine knowing you're pregnant during the first (scariest) trimester. It's definitely a blessing in some ways that I didn't find out until I was just 3 months away from having her. I would have been a wreck those first 12 or so weeks when most bad things happen
Just so fucking tired with the second one. When he was born his brother was 3 and didn't take naps anymore. So when he was up all night and slept all day, I would have to be up all night and up all day.

It was not really a set up for parenting success. But I did have a much better idea of what I wanted. My first baby, I tried to get him to sleep in his own bed, and tried to use a stroller etc. My second I just carried everywhere in the sling, fed him in the sling when he cried, put him to sleep in our bed right from the start and fed him during the night, in bed, without getting up.

I just don't fight as many battles with my second. Don't have the energy!

Old 01-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #5460
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I want 3 one day. Don't see how I'll have the other two but didn't foresee this one either so who knows. Clock is just starting to tick, though. =/