Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #181
Kahlo

c_wilson is a fucking tool and I wish he would stop posting...and die.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #182
slunken
Virgo

poom!

Old 06-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #183
redbull
Immortal

adore percussion roolz
doesn't hurt that billy's voice and the guitars and the setlists were pretty excellent throughout that tour

Old 06-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #184
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_wilson View Post
I never said he was the most hotshit drummer in the music you dumb fuck, i just said from what I had seen he was an excellent drummer especially for his age, and SURELY of all the drummers that Billy knows, this kid must have some sort of sparkle in Billys eyes that would make him even consider him. But I'm sure the only guitars or drums you know about are the playstation ones for all those stupid fucking video games so what would you know anyway?

Why does this kids age even have to be an issue? Why has my profile picture been photoshoped by countless graphic design drop-outs who have nothing intelligent or positive to reply with??
THIS was what I was reacting against:
Quote:
Anyone on this board that knows shit about musicianship knows that Mike Byrne is a fucking excellent drummer and WAAY beyond his years in talent and diversity.
The statement your are making here makes it sound as if you've heard this guy interact with a band, played in the context of different styles and genres, etc. Have you? Playing in a drum-off sponsored by your local Guitar Center cannot possibly evidence this. As others have mentioned already, you can find plenty of these people who are "really good" at playing their respective instruments, probably in your local music scene. How amazing he is--compared to all the other young professional drummers out there--is all relative.

My problem isn't really with Mike Byrne...I know fuck all about him except for those youtube clips. It's more of the suspicion created by the circumstances that 42 year old rock veteran would pick a very inexperienced 19 year old for such a position surely better suited to peers of similar musical maturity (not the same thing as technical skill) and experience. Aside from Billy, Jimmy was almost certainly the most musically experienced, skilled and technically proficient (not to mention oldest) member of the band. It's easy to see why this choice looks a bit strange. It's almost as if Billy either doesn't want or couldn't get one of his actual peers in music to join him.

And yeah you must be trying to assert your fan LEETness or superiority of age or something with the cheap Guitar Hero remark...considering that I own real instruments but have never graced a virtual fretboard (nor do I desire to ever do so) in my life. Are you going to try and insist that I was still in diapers when SP1 was around next?

Old 06-25-2009, 07:51 PM   #185
redbull
Immortal

HAVE YOU SEEN MY PAINTING

Old 06-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #186
slunken
Virgo

no. pics?

Old 06-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #187
c_wilson
Banned

Kahlo, go fuck a goat and then stick your dick in your moms mouth. As if you know fuck about anything.. if i didn't have a life i just might sit around and photoshop stupid bullshit on your profile pic but it looks bad enough as it sits.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #188
c_wilson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
THIS was what I was reacting against:

The statement your are making here makes it sound as if you've heard this guy interact with a band, played in the context of different styles and genres, etc. Have you? Playing in a drum-off sponsored by your local Guitar Center cannot possibly evidence this. As others have mentioned already, you can find plenty of these people who are "really good" at playing their respective instruments, probably in your local music scene. How amazing he is--compared to all the other young professional drummers out there--is all relative.

My problem isn't really with Mike Byrne...I know fuck all about him except for those youtube clips. It's more of the suspicion created by the circumstances that 42 year old rock veteran would pick a very inexperienced 19 year old for such a position surely better suited to peers of similar musical maturity (not the same thing as technical skill) and experience. Aside from Billy, Jimmy was almost certainly the most musically experienced, skilled and technically proficient (not to mention oldest) member of the band. It's easy to see why this choice looks a bit strange. It's almost as if Billy either doesn't want or couldn't get one of his actual peers in music to join him.

And yeah you must be trying to assert your fan LEETness or superiority of age or something with the cheap Guitar Hero remark...considering that I own real instruments but have never graced a virtual fretboard (nor do I desire to ever do so) in my life. Are you going to try and insist that I was still in diapers when SP1 was around next?

Hey sorry, I fell asleep reading your bullshit response. The whole point of getting a new drummer is making a new sound for the band and the songs he is putting together. And no, I'm not sitting here acting as tho I'm an ancient pumpkins fan because I really could give a fuck less how "old" you think I am. If you have "real" instruments then good for you. Learn how to play them so you can recognize good talent. Mike Byrne = excellent drummer. (also cheap labor! lol!)

Old 06-26-2009, 12:02 PM   #189
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

hey dummy ! your mom has a comb over! in hell

go eat a chesesburger but take off the lettuce and put some mustard on it instead

Old 06-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #190
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Arrow

Quote:
I'll remind you assholes once more, that while YOU are at home bitching and whining about Corgan's twitter posts and talking shit about the drummer, THAT lucky son of a bitch is jamming with Billy and playing all the songs WE love.
c_wilson is jealous.
"omg, i'm so jealous. please be my friend. i'll love you instead. blowjob?"

Old 06-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #191
Mo
Immortal

Can we ban that guy?

Old 06-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #192
Cool As Ice Cream

fap fap fap fap fap

Old 06-27-2009, 01:32 AM   #193
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Hey sorry, I fell asleep reading your bullshit response. The whole point of getting a new drummer is making a new sound for the band and the songs he is putting together. And no, I'm not sitting here acting as tho I'm an ancient pumpkins fan because I really could give a fuck less how "old" you think I am. If you have "real" instruments then good for you. Learn how to play them so you can recognize good talent. Mike Byrne = excellent drummer. (also cheap labor! lol!)
Wow I can really tell you didn't read my response. I didn't say he didn't have "talent,' I said he is probably lacking richness of experience and musical maturity. And, BTW, I fully expect you are a musician yourself as this seems to be your criteria for whether or not one is qualified to recognize good talent.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:33 AM   #194
slunken
Virgo

Lightbulb

part of me wants to believe c_wilson is troll of the year. but then again part of me is drunk.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:47 AM   #195
Kahlo

Wink

Quote:
Kahlo, go fuck a goat and then stick your dick in your moms mouth. As if you know fuck about anything.. if i didn't have a life i just might sit around and photoshop stupid bullshit on your profile pic but it looks bad enough as it sits.
Awesome troll. Also don't be knocking my look motherlicker

Old 08-19-2009, 12:12 AM   #196
mercbass
Amish Rake Fighter

Default The Facts

I find it hilarious that there are all these bitter pumpkin fans that are pissed because a 19 year old...a damn gifted 19 year old made it into what apparently was one of your favorite bands or is your favorite band. What I don't get is you can sit here with a couple of youtube videos of Mike drumming and just say "yep, I've seen enough BC is a fuck up this was the straw that broke the camels back I swear I'll never buy another SP album!" A bunch of pathetic, resentful jealous chuckle heads that just wish it was some other celebrity stand in drummer because...what they are already in the business? If you were paying attention Billy auditioned a bunch of famous drummers and guess what??? Those drummers were beat out by a 19 year old (John Dolyman if you were wondering plays a fuck of a lot louder than Mike in reference to these fucking silly Bam Bam posts) I know because I rehearse at the same rehearsal studios Mike does and I recently had the pleasure of working with him on a couple of songs with my band The Mercury Tree; Mikes first band. He is a phenomenal drummer and has devoted his life to music and you're pissed because he is getting the opportunity of a lifetime. Fucking petty, bitter. It really says something about the kind of people that have been posting on this thread about 90% of you. There have been a couple people telling you to give the guy a chance. Do one of you have an audio of video recording of Mike playing with the pumpkins...I thought not.

Wait for September.

Continue being the supportive fans you should be or else why would you be here?

Give him a chance he WILL NOT let The Pumpkins down.

Last edited by mercbass : 08-19-2009 at 12:40 AM.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:19 AM   #197
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Welcome to our Internet community, Mike.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:24 AM   #198
mercbass
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post
Welcome to our Internet community, Mike.
Actually you're speaking with Alan. Thanks.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:31 AM   #199
Monet LSD
Ownz

Location: ...Talk about dedication, going all the way to the down under to read a rolling stones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercbass View Post
chuckleheads

Quote:
your pissed because he is getting the opportunity of a lifetime
You're.

Quote:
John Dolyman plays a lot loader than Mike
Loader, eh?

Quote:
Do one of you have an audio of video recording of Mike playing with the pumpkins...I thought not.
TSP: 1988 - 2000.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:35 AM   #200
mercbass
Amish Rake Fighter

Default shame on you

I make some typos and now it's not about my point having validity it's about my incompetence? Weak sir.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:23 AM   #201
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

what's your myspace, mike?

Old 08-19-2009, 02:40 AM   #202
Hypocaust
Fucking up since '01

Smile

No, no Mike. The lack of validity stands, however you've reinforced it with poor grammar. Hit up your local community college for a course between tours. I do hope that Corgan is paying you enough for a course or two.
Then again, probably not. I would be happy to help you start up a collection fund. I'm in for 15.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:51 AM   #203
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
I don't know, man. You seem to be the one out of place here.

I find it quite pretentious of you to start telling who should be here and who shouldn't, in your very first post. Who the hell do you think you are? And where the fuck do you think you are? You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. This is Netphoria.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:40 AM   #204
mercbass
Amish Rake Fighter

So I jump on this forum because a friend of mine is being bad mouthed on these forums and I get nothing but ridiculed. It sounds as if not all of you but a few of you are in denial yourselves. Go ahead and hate, hate, hate. Can you blame me for never posting on this retarded thread? I actually know the guy. You don't want to know the truth so I won't say anything else. So you'll sit there for hours (some of you) and figure out how you gonna get one up on me on some second rate thread I only subscribed to because Mike deserves a chance. That is all.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #205
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
So I jump on this forum because a friend of mine is being bad mouthed on these forums and I get nothing but ridiculed. It sounds as if not all of you but a few of you are in denial yourselves. Go ahead and hate, hate, hate. Can you blame me for never posting on this retarded thread? I actually know the guy. You don't want to know the truth so I won't say anything else. So you'll sit there for hours (some of you) and figure out how you gonna get one up on me on some second rate thread I only subscribed to because Mike deserves a chance. That is all.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #206
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

Quote:
poor old mike. give mike a chance.

seriously though, i will. he's probably a swell guy, even if he can't whack a cymbal in time. you know who doesn't get a chance? cheapskate bill corgan

Old 08-19-2009, 10:03 AM   #207
Cool As Ice Cream

ciao, alan.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #208
mercbass
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
I don't know, man. You seem to be the one out of place here.

I find it quite pretentious of you to start telling who should be here and who shouldn't, in your very first post. Who the hell do you think you are? And where the fuck do you think you are? You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. This is Netphoria.
I never at any point told anyone to leave the thread I would love if someone had a legitimate argument so I could better understand where all these posts are coming from about mike not being a good drummer. I've known him for while now and I've been blown away by his ability. I've been playing bass for a good long while now and no I'm not much older than mike (only by two years) but I've played with several different drummers in several different genres and mike is not only one of the best drummers I've played with but he is also one of the most versatile. To stand up and say this kid doesn't deserve a chance after beating out 1000 different unknowns and a handful of already well established names would be coming from biased ignorant point of view.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:31 AM   #209
paranoid
Minion of Satan

see, this is why BC should have not even considered hiring someone so young.. his teenage fans (possibly him) can only handle criticism as any normal teenanger would, and the fans are left to put up with these ranty posts about how fucking bitter we are.

yes, we're bitter. because the greatest possible drummer possible for this band has left and has been replaced by someone whom we suspect can't cut it.

but that's besides the point. your buddy has entered a group that has been/still is the the target of very harsh criticism. read the latest pitchfork article on this announcement, they rip on his age. he's going to receive a huge load of nasty comments from all over that he's just going to have to deal with, that's part of his profession. and not just from fans.

he's taking on a huge, huge job. even the fans at the completely apologetic fan sites (the ones that consistently praise Billy, no matter what) are scratching their heads over this move. he's just going to have to be prepared for this part of it. I'm sure he'll get praise.

ugh. this is fucking 2005 linda strawberry shit all over again, except it's coming from the drummers chair of this band, the one area of this band that had some fucking dignity and class left. Now we have to put up with this teenage emotional retaliation bullshit?? play some god damn music!

Old 08-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #210
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
I never at any point told anyone to leave the thread
Quote:
see, this question is weird. like i said, you seem to be the one who's out of place here. most people here don't really care. this isn't really a fan site.