Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2002, 01:25 AM   #1
Alison White

Post An answer to Billy's question...

Billy asked: "WAS THE MACHINA MYSTERY ALL FOR NOTHING?"

No. The Machina mystery was definitely NOT for nothing...it gave a lot of things to a lot of people, including you. The beauty of Machina, in my opinion, is the fact that it means something different for everyone, and like every great piece of art, every time you think about it or hear it you learn more and the meaning changes...constantly. It has banded a group of people together in trying to "solve" the mystery, regardless of their culture or creed...and because of its passion, intensity, and underlying simplicity, it has also flown right over some people's heads.

I can't say, of course, what it has done for you...but as we all know, everything is a learning experience, and everything has benefits and adds dimensions to our lives. I am proud of you for doing this...for putting your ass on the line...and I personally think you are very successful...for what true masterpiece gets no "bad press" and reviews? Look at Neitche...he was thought insane. And Le Corbusier?? Most people hated his architecture...until years later when they finally had the mental capacity and freedom to understand the beauty in its simplicity and symbolism...now one of his buildings, the Villa Savoye, is considered one of the top three buildings of the 20th century. When it was first built, however, it was laughed at...my point is that it always takes the public a long time to wrap their heads around and accept something that they're not used to...something that breaks the rules. But at the same time, breaking the rules is the most effective way to make changes in the long run.

As for the post about Billy's "blunders"...that was one of the cruelest and most ridiculous things I have ever read. Who are those of you who posted your insults to say anything about Billy on a personal level? How do you know why he did the things he did? And why in the HELL would anyone think that it was a mistake firing Jimmy???? Don't you guys know that firing Jimmy is what got him off drugs? Do you not understand that it probably saved his life? And can you honestly say that a band is more important than a human life?

So I will take this time, Billy, to congratulate you for a job well done...for sticking to what you wanted to do and going against the odds...and winning.

[This message has been edited by Alison White (edited 03-27-2002).]

Old 03-28-2002, 01:33 AM   #2
Smiley

Question

When did Billy ask that?

------------------
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc
http://www.suicidekiss.org

Old 03-28-2002, 01:33 AM   #3
Travis Meeks

shut the fuck up.
Billy has made a huge amount of mistakes, and so have all of us. I'm just asking what mistake he made has had the biggest impact on the band. And the machina 'mystery' was horrible, that is a given. I was like you once, but get off his nuts. Although he would like to be, he's not God.

Old 03-28-2002, 01:36 AM   #4
Travis Meeks

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Alison White:
Don't you guys know that firing Jimmy is what got him off drugs?
and when exactly did the band tell you this?

Old 03-28-2002, 01:42 AM   #5
Alison White

Quote:
Originally posted by Smiley:
When did Billy ask that?

in the "when Billy Corgan posts here" thread

Old 03-28-2002, 01:43 AM   #6
Travis Meeks

Quote:
lol....damn these o boarders WHY GOD CAN'T THEY JUST STAY THERE?!?!?!?!?!??!

Old 03-28-2002, 01:45 AM   #7
Alison White

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis Meeks:
shut the fuck up.
Billy has made a huge amount of mistakes, and so have all of us. I'm just asking what mistake he made has had the biggest impact on the band. And the machina 'mystery' was horrible, that is a given. I was like you once, but get off his nuts. Although he would like to be, he's not God.
Note that I never said he made no mistakes...just said that none of us know enough about what went on behind the scenes to judge them as such...and also note that I never, ever implicated that he was God...that's insane...and please refrain from telling me what he would like to be, since the only person who truly knows that is him.

Old 03-28-2002, 01:46 AM   #8
GrungeGuy

Thumbs up

Quote:
did you ever know that your my hero?

------------------
I hope grunge dies and falls off the face of the earth. Down with grunge - Billy 6.23.93
I miss my hair
Bootlist(finally updated)

Old 03-28-2002, 01:46 AM   #9
Alison White

Quote:
and when exactly did the band tell you this?
This was highly publicized.

Old 03-28-2002, 01:48 AM   #10
Travis Meeks

Quote:
This was highly publicized.
could it have been the guy that died in front of his eyes? you don't know shit, go away. Machina mystery sucked...maybe cuz darcy left.
check out www.smashingpumpkins.com and don't leave

Old 03-28-2002, 01:52 AM   #11
Alison White

Quote:
could it have been the guy that died in front of his eyes? you don't know shit, go away. Machina mystery sucked...maybe cuz darcy left.
check out www.smashingpumpkins.com and don't leave
Don't tell me what I know or don't know. It is obvious that Jonathan Melvoin's death had a huge part in Jimmy's recovery as well. Everything in that situation contributed...

[This message has been edited by Alison White (edited 03-27-2002).]

Old 03-28-2002, 02:07 AM   #12
Siamese Dreamer

Quote:
Don't tell me what I know or don't know. It is obvious that Jonathan Melvoin's death had a huge part in Jimmy's recovery as well. Everything in that situation contributed...

Good post, I agree fully, and fuck any bastard that tries to tell u different!!!

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Old 03-28-2002, 04:50 AM   #13
Travis Meeks

Quote:
Originally posted by Siamese Dreamer:

Good post, I agree fully, and fuck any bastard that tries to tell u different!!!

fuck you too, you're just as dumb

Old 03-28-2002, 05:01 AM   #14
If It Feels Good, Do Me

Leave Alison alone, dickheads. She made her points without attacking anyone or making any personal insults, and you will treat her with the same respect, or else. Only those of us who think on a level as high as Billy can truly understand the beauty of Machina story. The only reason that the rest of you bash it is becuase you cant figure it out, and that pisses you off. You're like little kids working on a puzzle. You cant figure out how the pieces go together, so you get mad and throw a fit and throw the pieces around.

Just because you're not intelligent enough to understand something doesn't mean you go around bashing it. Just accept the fact that you're human and move on.

Old 03-28-2002, 05:07 AM   #15
New Art Rioter

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by If It Feels Good, Do Me:
Leave Alison alone, dickheads. She made her points without attacking anyone or making any personal insults, and you will treat her with the same respect, or else. Only those of us who think on a level as high as Billy can truly understand the beauty of Machina story. The only reason that the rest of you bash it is becuase you cant figure it out, and that pisses you off. You're like little kids working on a puzzle. You cant figure out how the pieces go together, so you get mad and throw a fit and throw the pieces around.

Just because you're not intelligent enough to understand something doesn't mean you go around bashing it. Just accept the fact that you're human and move on.
Bad troll

Old 03-28-2002, 05:18 AM   #16
If It Feels Good, Do Me

Quote:
As for the post about Billy's "blunders"...that was one of the cruelest and most ridiculous things I have ever read. Who are those of you who posted your insults to say anything about Billy on a personal level? How do you know why he did the things he did? And why in the HELL would anyone think that it was a mistake firing Jimmy???? Don't you guys know that firing Jimmy is what got him off drugs? Do you not understand that it probably saved his life? And can you honestly say that a band is more important than a human life?
I couldnt agree more. Jesus, are you idiots that bored now that you have to make a running list of all the mistakes that Billy has ever made, and then put in some kind of order? I'm sick of seeing this shit every single day. I never see any threads on here that praise Billy for what he's done or all the good he's done for the world, like the Adore charity tour and stuff. I'm not saying it should be all that, but it's not even 50/50. It's like 95/5. And that's just wrong.

This isn't the Billy Bitching board. I think the problem that most of you have with him is that he let you down after MCIS by not writing for the teenage generation anymore, and you felt betrayed. Well get over it, he's 35 now and he doesn't feel that way anymore.

I know all you Corgan bashers would like him to be 25 and severely depressed, angry, without religion and dirt poor again, but he's not anymore. He's not like you anymore, so fuck off and go listen to someone who is that type of profile. Leave us to our positive, uplifting and absolutely beautiful Zwan songs.

Old 03-28-2002, 05:21 AM   #17
If It Feels Good, Do Me

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by New Art Rioter:
Bad troll
Maybe you can't read, but you fit into my post perfectly, and Alison's as well. And your post here is completely meaningless. What did you hope to prove by posting "Bad troll"? At least post something of relevance. I seriously question the reason for the existence of some of you.

Old 03-28-2002, 05:29 AM   #18
SmileOfTheShadow

Nietzsche WAS insane though...what the hell are you talking about?

Old 03-28-2002, 07:06 AM   #19
Lady of the Sacred Heart

stop talking about shit

Old 03-28-2002, 07:12 AM   #20
Lady of the Sacred Heart

Unhappy

"but i HATE zwan, don't make me listen to them Danny, pleeeeease!!!!!"

"WTF?"

Old 03-28-2002, 07:25 AM   #21
Lady of the Sacred Heart

Leave us to our positive, uplifting and absolutely beautiful Zwan songs. [/b][/quote]

Hey, I thought this was a Pumpkins board, not a fucking Zwan board where everybody tries to be cool and use "big words" like QUOTE: "You are Luxspur Matriana" (WTF?)
and write thigns like that trying to be as cool as Billy Corgan....

Old 03-28-2002, 07:28 AM   #22
Lady of the Sacred Heart

SHIT, WELL THAT WAS MEANINGLESS.

Old 03-28-2002, 07:31 AM   #23
Lady of the Sacred Heart

Red face

SHIT, I'M TALKING TO MYSELF AGAIN! SOMEBODY PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD!!

Old 03-28-2002, 07:36 AM   #24
Nothing/everything

Thumbs down

IP: Logge d

Billy Corgan
The True Poet of Glass
http://mayphuck.homestead.com/files/admin.gif

posted 03-27-2002 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Billy Corgan Click Here to Email Billy Corgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote send a private message to Billy Corgan
Thank you very very much for your support.

Old 03-28-2002, 08:15 AM   #25
Lady of the Sacred Heart

WOT SUPPORT? ZWAN SUCKS (BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE A GIRL)AND I'LL HATE YOU FOREVER FOR DISBANDING SP, BUT I GUESS YOU HAVE TO MOVE ON IN LIFE, DON'T WORRY, IT'S MY PROBLEM, NOT YOURS.........

Old 03-28-2002, 09:00 AM   #26
The Gaddrow

Red face

What the fuck is going on here? I've seen some great trolls, but this is taking shit to an entire new level.

------------------
It's not enough, just a touch
It's not enough

Old 03-28-2002, 09:46 AM   #27
frenchy

Exclamation

best SUPER TROLL ever !!!

------------------
Jerome Conin (Frenchy)
[email protected]
Manager of the French speaking Smashing Pumpkins Community :
Les Citrouilles Ardentes

Old 03-28-2002, 10:35 AM   #28
obscured01

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of the Sacred Heart:
WOT SUPPORT? ZWAN SUCKS (BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE A GIRL)AND I'LL HATE YOU FOREVER FOR DISBANDING SP, BUT I GUESS YOU HAVE TO MOVE ON IN LIFE, DON'T WORRY, IT'S MY PROBLEM, NOT YOURS.........

------------------
~*Sarah Kimberly*~

...and the tragic and
romantic ascent...

AIM: Gazing Iscariot

Old 03-28-2002, 02:18 PM   #29
Alison White

Billy,

Whatever you choose to do and whenever you choose to do it, I stand behind you. I believe in you and am inspired by the fact that you refuse to allow the world's pre-cast stigma of musical art to mould your work...thank YOU.

Old 03-28-2002, 02:26 PM   #30
smashingjj

Quote:
Billy,

Whatever you choose to do and whenever you choose to do it, I stand behind you. I believe in you and am inspired by the fact that you refuse to allow the world's pre-cast stigma of musical art to mould your work...thank YOU.
MODS! DO SOMETHING! THIS IS NETPHORIA GODDAMMIT!

------------------
Mallow

http://www.director-file.com/cunningham/5226.jpg