Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2018, 11:19 PM   #31
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

personally I just stole my camera. you can't stop art that wants to get made, fellas

Old 04-24-2018, 01:01 AM   #32
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
lol @ ambitious photographer

obviously you're not THAT ambitious
Well, a guy picking his business name for a hobby he hasn't even yet picked up is either ambition, or a huge underestimation of the learning required to attain proficiency at something he currently knows nothing about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
diggin' the back-up sunglasses
Haha, I didn't even notice that. Good eye.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:09 PM   #33
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Honestly, your best bet is to try to find a used entry-level DSLR on eBay.

A Nikon D3200 or something similar in good condition with an 18-55mm kit lens would sort you right out for around that price, allowing you to pick up filters and additional lenses over time as your "vision" develops. On top of being suitable for a wider array of uses in the short term and almost certainly offering better image quality in all scenarios, its upgradability would save you from wanting to replace it nearly as soon if the hobby does take off. Plus, if you look after it, the resale value will generally hold in the event that you're over it a few months down the track.
Thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it. That looks like a pretty sweet camera, sort of similar looking to the one I had my eye on.

You mentioned in another post that it's not something that would really be suitable to bring on a hike, but looking at the photos, it' certainly seems compact enough. I don't see it being too much of a hassle to lug around if I buy a case for it.

To the other people ITT, I don't really wanna start off with something cheap. I just don't see the point of doing that when it comes to something like photography. I'm gonna be showcasing my work online, so I want the the quality to be as good as
possible, So I don't think it's really the same as a guitar. I mean, if you wanted to play a good concert, you probably wouldn't wanna use a k-mart guitar.

Anyhow, I probably won't be buying one for another few weeks to a month. Definitely want one before the start of the summer though.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:01 AM   #34
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I mean, if you wanted to play a good concert, you probably wouldn't wanna use a k-mart guitar.
The people playing concerts generally aren't the people who have just started playing guitar as a hobby.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:06 AM   #35
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Right? I mean, start off playing acoustic renditions of old Radiohead songs at parties and work your way up.