Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How many of your own bones have been broken? See post for details
0 - have never had a bone of your break 8 50.00%
1 4 25.00%
2 1 6.25%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 1 6.25%
7 2 12.50%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 0 0%
11 or more 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2020, 09:18 PM   #1
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Question Poll: How many of your bones have been broken?

I originally was going to title this thread: Poll: How many bones have you broken? but i realized the potential for confusion, as surely several of you have broken the bones of others. that should be a separate poll, but the results of that one are likely more problematic, as chance are our memories for the bones we've broken in others are less clear than those of our own bones being broken. also it's entirely plausible you may have broken a bone or multiple bones in another person, but never know the actual total.

in any event, what i'm asking here is about your own bones. how many of them have been broken in your lifetime? regardless of who broke them.

also, for the sake of clarity:

- if a single bone has been broken on different occasions, please tally each separate occasion of breaking the bone.
- if a bone was broken in more than one place, during a single occasion, please only count that as 1.
- if during a single incident, multiple bones broke, please tally each broken bone in this incident.
- please do NOT count chipped teeth for our purposes here

thank you

Last edited by wHATcOLOR : 01-02-2020 at 09:29 PM. Reason: i edited this post to remove my signature, as it was distracting and also inappropriate

Old 01-02-2020, 09:24 PM   #2
wHATcOLOR

ah shoot there is a typo, as i feared might happen. attn: mods! the first poll option should say 0 - have never had a bone of yours beak

Old 01-02-2020, 09:26 PM   #3
wHATcOLOR

oh no! please disregard the above post. the one that says "ah shoot there is a typo, as i feared might happen. attn: mods! the first poll option should say 0 - have never had a bone of yours beak"

what is should have said is "ah shoot there is a typo, as i feared might happen. attn: mods! the first poll option should say 0 - have never had a bone of yours break"

Old 01-02-2020, 09:26 PM   #4
wHATcOLOR

because a bone can't beak, right? i don't even know what that means!

Old 01-02-2020, 09:55 PM   #5
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

You broke 7 bones? wtf?

i broke two. my fifth metarsal on my right foot by stepping on it weird. it still hurts me if i stand on it all day.
my right wrist, but i also fucked up the joint, which clicks. it doesn't normally hurt, but i'm probably getting arthritis, because when i use it for stuff like screwing screws or using a hammer it gets sore really fast. it's definitely fucked up.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:56 PM   #6
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

also i never figured out how to fix polls. sorry.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:57 PM   #7
LaBelle
Socialphobic

None
I'm unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

Old 01-02-2020, 10:19 PM   #8
ilikeplanets
Braindead

7! Three fingers, one toe, and three ribs.

Old 01-02-2020, 10:30 PM   #9
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

are teeth bones?

Old 01-02-2020, 10:33 PM   #10
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
are teeth bones?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
- please do NOT count chipped teeth for our purposes here
It's in the rules

Old 01-02-2020, 10:34 PM   #11
cork_soaker
full of longing

just the heart bone

Old 01-02-2020, 10:35 PM   #12
cork_soaker
full of longing

wasn’t my fault, or might have been

Old 01-02-2020, 10:45 PM   #13
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Unhappy

I'm sorry, Corky. Will you ever forgive me?

Old 01-02-2020, 11:07 PM   #14
wHATcOLOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
You broke 7 bones? wtf?

i broke two. my fifth metarsal on my right foot by stepping on it weird. it still hurts me if i stand on it all day.
my right wrist, but i also fucked up the joint, which clicks. it doesn't normally hurt, but i'm probably getting arthritis, because when i use it for stuff like screwing screws or using a hammer it gets sore really fast. it's definitely fucked up.
shoot, i just realized it is 8. don't suppose there's a way to change my vote, huh?

1,2 - right ulna and right radius, ice hockey
3,4 - left ulna and left radius, ice hockey, approximately 2 weeks after removing the cast from my right arm
5 - left clavicle, ice hockey
6 - right pinky toe, horsing around in college
7 - left pinky toe, nailed it on a chair while barefoot in my apartment
8 - left thumb, ice hockey

Quote:
also i never figured out how to fix polls. sorry.
all good, its kind of my schtick, make a poll, include an error, ask for that error to be fixed, while making an error, and then correct the error in the post asking for the error to be correct. i've been doing it for years, though i think it amuses only me.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:14 PM   #15
wHATcOLOR

the left clavicle was the worst one and causes problems to this day (it happened when i was in 7th or 8th grade i think). my understanding is that if you snap your clavicle these days, they often take the time to 'set it', ie, align the ends of the bone back together, which can require surgery.

back when i did it, they said that was only done if you were like a major league pitcher, so they left mine as is, which caused it to heal with the two ends overlapping, and so now the bone is about an inch shorter than the right one.

which of course means i lack symmetry and over the years this has wreaked holy hell on my neck and upper back. i would routinely throw it out of alignment when doing anything over my head with two hands, until i finally figured out that it was the two hands over the head thing causing it. even like.

once thrown out of alignment, i need to see a chiropractor for about 4 times before i'm able to rotate my head without too much pain.

it would happen even with little things, like toweling off my hair after a shower can do it if i use both hands at once. so now i always use one hand at a time, with the other carefully holding my head in place and making sure not to move my neck, every time i towel off. lifting weights? one hand a time, nothing overhead with two hands. i kind of dread when i'm 65 or something and the wind blows and my neck is thrown out :/

Old 01-02-2020, 11:37 PM   #16
wHATcOLOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
ouch!!!

Old 01-02-2020, 11:48 PM   #17
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
the left clavicle was the worst one and causes problems to this day (it happened when i was in 7th or 8th grade i think). my understanding is that if you snap your clavicle these days, they often take the time to 'set it', ie, align the ends of the bone back together, which can require surgery.

back when i did it, they said that was only done if you were like a major league pitcher, so they left mine as is, which caused it to heal with the two ends overlapping, and so now the bone is about an inch shorter than the right one.

which of course means i lack symmetry and over the years this has wreaked holy hell on my neck and upper back. i would routinely throw it out of alignment when doing anything over my head with two hands, until i finally figured out that it was the two hands over the head thing causing it. even like.

once thrown out of alignment, i need to see a chiropractor for about 4 times before i'm able to rotate my head without too much pain.

it would happen even with little things, like toweling off my hair after a shower can do it if i use both hands at once. so now i always use one hand at a time, with the other carefully holding my head in place and making sure not to move my neck, every time i towel off. lifting weights? one hand a time, nothing overhead with two hands. i kind of dread when i'm 65 or something and the wind blows and my neck is thrown out :/
damn that's some bullshit, sorry you have to deal with that

Old 01-02-2020, 11:49 PM   #18
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
shoot, i just realized it is 8. don't suppose there's a way to change my vote, huh?

3,4 - left ulna and left radius, ice hockey, approximately 2 weeks after removing the cast from my right arm
ulna and radius x2? that's hardcore man, damn

also i forgot i did break one of my toes once. while i was in the psych hospitals i accidentally kicked a fridge and broke my fourth toe (next to the little one) on i think the left foot. dont remember

Old 01-02-2020, 11:50 PM   #19
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
ribs? car accident?

Old 01-03-2020, 12:22 AM   #20
run2pee
Minion of Satan

1 bone my finger

Just had to wear a splint no big deal

Sorry about everyone’s bones

Old 01-03-2020, 12:57 AM   #21
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Talking

Nope, never broka bone.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:38 AM   #22
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Too fucked up to care anymore.

Old 01-03-2020, 02:44 AM   #23
wHATcOLOR

"you can hear the baby bones crack beneath her wheels"

Old 01-03-2020, 02:48 AM   #24
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
ribs? car accident?
No, nothing legitimate like that. I had bone loss due to a temporary vitamin D deficiency and then accidentally hurt myself. I didn't even know they had actually broken at the time, but years later when I got a chest X-ray the doctor mentioned he could see where I had broken 3 ribs. I knew exactly what incident he was talking about, because that pain was terrible and I couldn't move properly for weeks.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:40 AM   #25
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

broke my tibia. fell off a roof (lol), came down on left leg and it bent inwards at the knee, shattering the bone. now i have ten little pins holding bone shards together. metal, lol.

weirdest thing about all this was that I felt no pain at all thanks to the shock i guess. same thing happened when i got my teeth stomped in. very greatful since i have a low tolerance for pain.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:49 AM   #26
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:

Wow, that really sucks, sorry to hear that

Old 01-03-2020, 07:50 AM   #27
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
No, nothing legitimate like that. I had bone loss due to a temporary vitamin D deficiency and then accidentally hurt myself. I didn't even know they had actually broken at the time, but years later when I got a chest X-ray the doctor mentioned he could see where I had broken 3 ribs. I knew exactly what incident he was talking about, because that pain was terrible and I couldn't move properly for weeks.
ouch!

did your bones recover from the bone loss? I mean...can you have bone gain as well? I feel like that is a really dumb question but I have never thought about it before...

Old 01-03-2020, 07:52 AM   #28
vixnix
Socialphobic

I have done so many stupid and dangerous things (both intentionally and accidentally) I'm pretty lucky to have never broken a bone.

I was sick a lot, though. I guess that sort of makes up for it.

Old 01-03-2020, 08:11 AM   #29
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:

I'm taking up ice hockey, sounds good to me!

I miscounted, it's 7, I forgot my nose.

2 toes - work
1 finger - work
3 ribs
nose

Old 01-03-2020, 09:53 AM   #30
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

Broke my arm falling out of a tree when I was…3? 4? So young I don't remember it at all

I've been pretty dang lucky I guess

I'm glad this poll was ultimately worded so as to exclude bones of others I've broken, because the number must be in the thousands