Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2016, 02:56 PM   #1561
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

fuck warcraft. the trailer looked awful. imma go see civil war instead and stare at scarlett's leather clad bee-hind.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:14 PM   #1562
redbreegull

at one point at that festival last weekend a dude broke out a huge tupperware tub of weed butter. we lathered that shit like an inch deep all over hot dog buns and everything got real goofy after that

Old 06-16-2016, 03:48 PM   #1563
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
In fact according to my research MDMA is of specific interest to therapists exactly because it doesn't normally elicit sexual responses but it makes people very social and very open to talking about themselves
Hm, I don't know. I've always heard that sex is what you do on mdma. I have never been able to come on mdma, but the overall feeling of sexual gratification is far beyond the best sober sex imaginable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I've heard from everyone that is really into the drug that it is entirely different if you put yourself in a very social situation ie a Rave that's where that big feeling of "oneness with everyone" comes from
I'm sure the experience is different in a crowd, but you will feel pretty unified with whoever you are with. The feeling of interconnectedness is a bit similar to shrooms. Most of my experiences were with the same group of friends at this guy's apartment. We'd put on some Spanish music or Muse and after while we would always just resort to hugging and leaning on each other, giving each other backrubs, sharing intense secrets or verbally giving our autobiographies, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
best i ever felt on drugs was MDMA + LSD. all the fun of LSD with none of the anxiety
Quote:
MDMA definitely has therapeutic value. so does LSD but it's more open to anxiety problems in clients. i don't think you could be anxious on MDMA if you tried
the come up on ecstasy makes me pretty anxious and agitated and excited, like I'm clenching my insides in anticipation, almost like slowly going up the first big drop on a rollercoaster. But once I go over the event horizon everything is awesome. I candyflipped once and it definitely was better/more intense than either drug by itself. It especially helped with the come down from acid. I clenched my jaw so hard I chipped a tooth tough.

Old 06-16-2016, 04:03 PM   #1564
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

bad LSD trips are hard to explain and really are like terrible nightmares. anything that really bothers you in your core will come out and you will be forced to look at it. ultimately i think i'm better for it but at the time it was the worst thing ever and it led to months of anxiety attacks. then again i had PTSD and had been suppressing memories and this is what it forced me to examine so mine might have been sort of extreme.

when i started getting addicted to opiates i made a deal with myself that if i could not take it for 4 days before a could candyflip at this festival. I knew if I hadn't been clean for a few days and knew I wasn't physically addicted my entire trip would have been me examining how I was falling into becoming a junkie. since I wasn't physically addicted and did abstain for 4 days it was ok (plus with the MDMA the anxiety is less) but I knew it'd be the last time I could do it for a long time. Things were coming up and it wasn't going to be a safe thing to do anymore, mentally speaking. that was 10 years ago now. i do hope i can do lsd again at some point.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:34 PM   #1565
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

That sounds utterly horrible. "Don't think about the stuff that terrifies you. OH GOD WHY?!"

Old 06-16-2016, 05:41 PM   #1566
cork_soaker
full of longing

thoroughly tripping in my mind

Old 06-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #1567
redbreegull

Quote:
bad LSD trips are hard to explain and really are like terrible nightmares. anything that really bothers you in your core will come out and you will be forced to look at it. ultimately i think i'm better for it but at the time it was the worst thing ever and it led to months of anxiety attacks. then again i had PTSD and had been suppressing memories and this is what it forced me to examine so mine might have been sort of extreme.
Although I have never had a truly bad experience and I am super grateful for that, I think I kind of know what you mean. At certain points when I tripped last week I suddenly found myself "crippled" by memories of my exes, like thoughts were just "playing" in my mind and I couldn't turn them off. Like the one thing deep inside that it was especially important for me not to think about was trying to take control. Fortunately, there was a lot going on and I was never able to dwell on shit by myself for more than a few minutes. The next few days, I found myself thinking obsessively about the crazy rebound girl from LA who spun my head, and desperately wanting to be back together with her like it had been no time at all since we split. Maybe it was something I needed though, who knows. I'm much better now.

Obviously this is nothing like what you are describing, but I think I can kind of understand how acid could do this to one's mind. If I may ask, did the acid "play" your suppressed memories to you like a film? That's kind of how I felt.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:09 PM   #1568
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

every experience i've ever had was terrible

Old 06-16-2016, 08:19 PM   #1569
redbreegull

like with psychedelics or just in life

Old 06-16-2016, 09:13 PM   #1570
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Although I have never had a truly bad experience and I am super grateful for that, I think I kind of know what you mean. At certain points when I tripped last week I suddenly found myself "crippled" by memories of my exes, like thoughts were just "playing" in my mind and I couldn't turn them off. Like the one thing deep inside that it was especially important for me not to think about was trying to take control. Fortunately, there was a lot going on and I was never able to dwell on shit by myself for more than a few minutes. The next few days, I found myself thinking obsessively about the crazy rebound girl from LA who spun my head, and desperately wanting to be back together with her like it had been no time at all since we split. Maybe it was something I needed though, who knows. I'm much better now.

Obviously this is nothing like what you are describing, but I think I can kind of understand how acid could do this to one's mind. If I may ask, did the acid "play" your suppressed memories to you like a film? That's kind of how I felt.
What happened to me was I was watching the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with my friend and in the opening scene with the candy guy giving away candy while singing, in my mind I just thought of how he must be a pedophile. And at this point I had a second panic attack - the first being when my acid first kicked in.

The first time I took acid, my friend had taken it like an hour before I got there - also for the first time - and started having a bad anxiety trip. He took some xanax and I got him some tums or something, and I was fine and not experiencing any drug effects when all of a sudden I hallucinated this wallpaper my friend had turning into an evil face (sounds stupid but at the time it was super evil feeling). The wallpaper had these suns with neutral faces and the face changed and I was experiencing no other effects so it totally fucked with me.

So he was having a bad trip and hiding under his blanket and I don't even know what I was doing. But I think I took some xanax also and after a while we both calmed down and started trying to enjoy the trip. This is when we put on the movie and I freaked out. I am not even sure what I did. My memories didn't so much play like movies but the entire context of how messed up my ex was, that he was so good at it as to have trapped me like he did, and how just malevolent he is and knowing that he was still out there and trying to fuck children, and how I was pulled into that and got out but not without severe impact and basically losing my entire adolescence... it was more the weight of everything, than the actual memories themselves. It's disturbing enough to think about but on LSD it was paralyzing, I believe I was catatonic for most of the rest of the trip. Remember also that this was only about a year after I got out of that relationship. I had very little perspective on what happened and had never told anybody anything.

I never thought I'd try it again but months later at a party at the same home I decided to try it with a few other people, during the day and with other people there who wouldn't be tripping. It was really fun, euphoric, and I had insights but they were very positively tinged, not much negativity. I saw a lot of groovy, non-frightening quasi-hallucinations (transforming of real things into other things, not things out of nothing).

I ended up taking it a whole lot, mostly with my friend being there but him not taking it, as well as taking it by myself and with other groups. Somehow I felt like I had to be able to control my trips, like I wanted to be at peace with myself enough to know that even a bad trip wouldn't cripple me like it did the first time. And I did achieve that, I think - at the time, I thought I did. But at the same time I was becoming slowly addicted to drugs, and had again suppressed my PTSD stuff although I was still having panic attacks but without cognition of why.

Sorry for the novel.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:06 PM   #1571
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster

once I did acid with mmy friends and my friend said hey look at your hands and my hands were being consumed in fire and withering away

Old 06-16-2016, 10:10 PM   #1572
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
ten kinds of hallucinogens? for real for real? goddamn girl, i couldn't even name ten hallucinogens.

LOLL
Okay I'll name em....mushrooms, acid, DMT, 2c e, 2c p, 2c I, 2c B, 25inbome, 25bnbome, 25cnbome, mescaline, Ayahuasca, 5 meo-dipt, lsz, al-lad, LSA. Actually that's 16 not ten. And if you're counting dissociatives too then add mxe, dxm, ketamine, and one accidental PCP. A nice even 20!

Old 06-16-2016, 10:14 PM   #1573
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Also foolofatook, you listed number 3 twice so I guess you've done more than you thought, lol

Old 06-16-2016, 10:16 PM   #1574
redbreegull

someone was just telling me that what is colloquially called "mushrooms" could actually be either of 2 different drugs found in different mushrooms. is that true?

Old 06-16-2016, 10:23 PM   #1575
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
What happened to me was I was watching the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with my friend and in the opening scene with the candy guy giving away candy while singing, in my mind I just thought of how he must be a pedophile. And at this point I had a second panic attack - the first being when my acid first kicked in.

The first time I took acid, my friend had taken it like an hour before I got there - also for the first time - and started having a bad anxiety trip. He took some xanax and I got him some tums or something, and I was fine and not experiencing any drug effects when all of a sudden I hallucinated this wallpaper my friend had turning into an evil face (sounds stupid but at the time it was super evil feeling). The wallpaper had these suns with neutral faces and the face changed and I was experiencing no other effects so it totally fucked with me.

So he was having a bad trip and hiding under his blanket and I don't even know what I was doing. But I think I took some xanax also and after a while we both calmed down and started trying to enjoy the trip. This is when we put on the movie and I freaked out. I am not even sure what I did. My memories didn't so much play like movies but the entire context of how messed up my ex was, that he was so good at it as to have trapped me like he did, and how just malevolent he is and knowing that he was still out there and trying to fuck children, and how I was pulled into that and got out but not without severe impact and basically losing my entire adolescence... it was more the weight of everything, than the actual memories themselves. It's disturbing enough to think about but on LSD it was paralyzing, I believe I was catatonic for most of the rest of the trip. Remember also that this was only about a year after I got out of that relationship. I had very little perspective on what happened and had never told anybody anything.

I never thought I'd try it again but months later at a party at the same home I decided to try it with a few other people, during the day and with other people there who wouldn't be tripping. It was really fun, euphoric, and I had insights but they were very positively tinged, not much negativity. I saw a lot of groovy, non-frightening quasi-hallucinations (transforming of real things into other things, not things out of nothing).

I ended up taking it a whole lot, mostly with my friend being there but him not taking it, as well as taking it by myself and with other groups. Somehow I felt like I had to be able to control my trips, like I wanted to be at peace with myself enough to know that even a bad trip wouldn't cripple me like it did the first time. And I did achieve that, I think - at the time, I thought I did. But at the same time I was becoming slowly addicted to drugs, and had again suppressed my PTSD stuff although I was still having panic attacks but without cognition of why.

Sorry for the novel.
I like it, thanks, no sorries.

I'm interested in the double-edged nature of the psychedelic experience. On the one hand, it seems these substances can help us discover interior worlds that are otherwise the subject of denial/suppression in our "waking" lives, with therapeutic results. On the other, the drug can promote further denial/suppression by providing an escape/avoidance mechanism. I guess the answer is "moderation" but it's hard to find the line, sometimes

Old 06-16-2016, 10:28 PM   #1576
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Is it anyone else's experience that psilocybin promotes loathing toward most man-made structures, objects, etc., but reverence for anything natural? Like I can spend an hour outdoors looking at the surface of a lagoon in New Orleans feeling as if the very atoms are singing secrets to my happy lil heart, but moments later the inside of someone's crummy cookie cutter apartment, filled with cheap, shitty, toxic bits of mass-produced plastic can fill me with sadness and dread?

Old 06-16-2016, 10:29 PM   #1577
redbreegull

well one positive thing about psychedelics is that the potential for physical addiction is generally pretty low. acid feels awesome but I don't think most people feel that twitchy neurotic DAMN WHEN CAN I GET IT AGAIN type feeling.

now mdma. damn. that stuff is like biblical sin in drug form

Old 06-16-2016, 10:32 PM   #1578
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Is it anyone else's experience that psilocybin promotes loathing toward most man-made structures, objects, etc., but reverence for anything natural? Like I can spend an hour outdoors looking at the surface of a lagoon in New Orleans feeling as if the very atoms are singing secrets to my happy lil heart, but moments later the inside of someone's crummy cookie cutter apartment, filled with cheap, shitty, toxic bits of mass-produced plastic can fill me with sadness and dread?
yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Have you ever tried eating processed type foods on shrooms? In 2009 I was exposed to soda and Hersheys chocolate while tripping. My soda intake plummeted after that and I haven't eaten a Hersheys bar since

Then 28if and I went on a walk and he wanted to bring some water, but couldn't stand touching his plastic bottle. So instead he opened his fridge and emptied out a glass A1 steak sauce bottle into the sink, tore the label off, and filled it with water. It looked like a small, square beer bottle. At one point in the park there was this guy working on a path, and 28if tried to give him the water because, "Thanks man like you are just doing such a good job and such a service like thanks."

Old 06-16-2016, 10:58 PM   #1579
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
this is like my default condition of operating, no drugs or anything

Old 06-16-2016, 11:05 PM   #1580
Elphenor
Braindead

I luv man made buildings and I want to live in a city again so badly

Old 06-16-2016, 11:41 PM   #1581
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Fuck whiny baby Curry LOL.

King James destroyed tonight

Old 06-16-2016, 11:45 PM   #1582
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i literally just talked about basketball in the other thread.
please pay more attention, turdlion.
mods correct this error pls

Old 06-17-2016, 07:29 AM   #1583
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
LSD on the other hand everything seems electrified, pulsing with life - even inanimate things. Metal things feel especially robotic. I tend to have at least one moment in front of a mirror thinking about my body as a food processing machine.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:26 AM   #1584
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
If there's anything more fun than getting day drunk and walking down the sidewalk of a busy metropolitan area on a sunny day with your bros, I don't want to know about it.
Agreed, this is one of the things I miss most about my drinking days

Hope u have fun on your beachside bender

Old 06-17-2016, 09:34 AM   #1585
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
well one positive thing about psychedelics is that the potential for physical addiction is generally pretty low. acid feels awesome but I don't think most people feel that twitchy neurotic DAMN WHEN CAN I GET IT AGAIN type feeling.

now mdma. damn. that stuff is like biblical sin in drug form
I've got a handful of weed friends who are unquestionably addicted, at least psychologically. Talking people who've indulged in near 24/7 for years.

One poor guy, we were at the beach on the mildest, prettiest, most perfect and relaxing day u can imagine. We found a perfect spot, secluded and shady. Had just unloaded the car, set everything up, hung the hammock. About 30 minutes later, buddy's got a frown; I ask what's up. Reply: "you about ready to head back? I gotta say I'm kinda bored of not being high."

Old 06-17-2016, 10:35 AM   #1586
redbreegull

Haha, that's unfortunate. I would probably consider myself psychologically addicted to weed, but nowhere near that bad. Also he should have just brought weed to the beach? A true pothead should be prepared to smoke anymore.

But in seriousness, I don't understand 24/7 smokers. I notice that it's harder for me to get high when I smoke twice a day as opposed to once so I can't imagine that weed even does much for you if you are eternally smoking it.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:41 AM   #1587
run2pee
Minion of Satan

The only way I can kinda relate is that I get a bit of a depression when the weed hi wears off, which can be fixed with moar weed. If you get caught in that cycle, and have the kind of job/routine that enables it, I can see how it spirals outta control for some people

The saddest part is watching people use weed (or any drug I guess) to avoid the real work of dealing with negative emotions. The negative emotions don't go away, they just get buried someplace deep inside where they are prone to snowballing out of control. If you've been using something to avoid them, but suddenly don't have that something, it's gotta b pretty terrifying

Old 06-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #1588
Rafalski
Pledge

its 1230 and im drunk waddup

Old 06-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #1589
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

high as shit right now. weed and alchohol. it's been a while since i felt this nice.

it's been a good while since i last smoked like this though. i definitely used to be very addicted. i would only smoke one or two joints every night with my girlfriend at the time - but there was definite psychological dependency. even physical - i actually had withdrawal symptoms of shivers, inability to sleep and feeling painful\cold a little bit at night.

i really relate with what Run To Me Said

Quote:
The saddest part is watching people use weed (or any drug I guess) to avoid the real work of dealing with negative emotions. The negative emotions don't go away, they just get buried someplace deep inside where they are prone to snowballing out of control.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:15 PM   #1590
redbreegull

Substance dependence sounds bad, but using weed for depression and anxiety is not really different than using prescription meds IMO. In an ideal situation no one would need any substance to feel mentally ok, but I sure as shit am not living in that reality. If I suddenly couldn't get weed anymore it would be very hard for me, but on the other hand I can't even imagine how much infinitely shittier my life over the last 8 years would have been without it.