Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2005, 02:08 AM   #121
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Future Boy

Official release wise I cant think of anything rarer.

The vinyl test pressings maybe.
Yeah test pressings and stuff like that. The rainbow SD.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:16 AM   #122
shattering fast
Ownz

What about those grey I Am One Vinyls from the late 80s? They're grey because they fucked up the colour right?

Or is that just a story?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:23 AM   #123
grog
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally posted by shattering fast
What about those grey I Am One Vinyls from the late 80s? They're grey because they fucked up the colour right?

Or is that just a story?
isn't that the tristessa vinyl?

there are X number of grey ones because they didn't change the wax between the pink and black pressings...not as rare as machina II. according to spfc, there's a 100 or so of those.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:40 AM   #124
dean moriaty
lion of saloons

Quote:
Originally posted by grog

tristessa vinyl

yep it's tristessa. theres been at least one thread on here trying to sort out who had copies of the original m2 vinyl and which number. someone should search for it

Old 08-04-2005, 04:30 AM   #125
lou
Pledge

guys... you know what i'd like to see... everyone who's a member of netphoria pitching in... say $20 each... we'd only need 250 folk to make $5000....

.... this would then see 1 of the 25 copies owned by a fan collective... we could then arrange for a proper run from this original copy. it could then be distributed to each of those who coughed up, what is really only the price of an album anywho.

I'm sure this would also make B0lly a very happy bunny too to know that the fans own a copy and are distributing it!

is this a silly idealistic idea. the toughest thing would be organising donations but i'm sure with all the technical know how present on these boards we could organise something... but i for one already pledge my $20.... all we need now is another 249.

Of course there's also the prob. that it goes for more etc... maybe the maths need working out a bit... how many members are there on netphoria...

:erm

Old 08-04-2005, 04:44 AM   #126
wpc33
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: Cheating on my wife with Kurt Cobain's wife. He'll live.

I love this sharing idea, but I'd hate to be the 187th person to get it, and it be whooped. People would maul it, play it, and god knows what else. And at least 10/250 people would steal it if they got the chance

I always thought The Story of June came as a piece of paper, looseleaf

WE STILL DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS REAL
Keep your wallets cozy folks. Don't get nuts

Old 08-04-2005, 05:55 AM   #127
dean moriaty
lion of saloons

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by lou
guys... you know what i'd like to see... everyone who's a member of netphoria pitching in... say $20 each... we'd only need 250 folk to make $5000....

.... this would then see 1 of the 25 copies owned by a fan collective... we could then arrange for a proper run from this original copy. it could then be distributed to each of those who coughed up, what is really only the price of an album anywho.

I'm sure this would also make B0lly a very happy bunny too to know that the fans own a copy and are distributing it!

is this a silly idealistic idea. the toughest thing would be organising donations but i'm sure with all the technical know how present on these boards we could organise something... but i for one already pledge my $20.... all we need now is another 249.

Of course there's also the prob. that it goes for more etc... maybe the maths need working out a bit... how many members are there on netphoria...

it's a nice idea but it don't think it would ever work. anyways i'll stand by my promise to get a pro transfer if i win it

Old 08-04-2005, 07:13 AM   #128
The New
Apocalyptic Poster

Ok maybe a silly question but what is wrong with the transfer that's out there,i mean how exactly could it be bettered...if you get my drift?

Old 08-04-2005, 07:42 AM   #129
shattering fast
Ownz

Quote:
Originally posted by grog

isn't that the tristessa vinyl?

there are X number of grey ones because they didn't change the wax between the pink and black pressings...not as rare as machina II. according to spfc, there's a 100 or so of those.
Ok, my bad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:20 AM   #130
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

I was under the impression the seller is one of those "professional ebay stores/escrow" type things, which I assumed the owner was using to shield their identity. I mean, look at the sellers name, yo.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:33 AM   #131
Pmack
Demi-God

This is kind of funny, because over the last 6 months or so I have been internally debating whether to sell my copy of M2.

The biggest reason I would is because it just sits in a box (I haven't even looked at it in over a year), and the biggest reason I -wouldn't- is because I didn't want the shitstorm.

I'd be interested in seeing what this goes for.

On an auction related note, can't the high bidder on an auction pull the seller's contact info? I don't believe you have to be the winner, just the high bidder at the time of your request.

Hint, hint.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:39 AM   #132
NilSineDeo
Ownz

Quote:
Originally posted by Pmack
On an auction related note, can't the high bidder on an auction pull the seller's contact info? I don't believe you have to be the winner, just the high bidder at the time of your request.

Hint, hint.

we'll probably get a PO Box. something like....

The I of the Radio Ministries
PO Box 57006
Chicago, IL

Old 08-04-2005, 09:07 AM   #133
Richard D. James
Demi-God

Dean's right, there was a thread a long time ago that had as much as we had known then about who had the copies of the vinyl. If I remember correctly, Dave, Eric, Milan (I think is his name-from SPIFC), Q101, WXRT, Joe Shanahan, Greg Sylvester, Melissa Matuzak(?-Manager at the time) had one...I am sure some band members got them also. I have probably butchered their names, but that is what I can remember from off the top of my head.

Dave, don't sell it man. Although it stays in a box and you hardly pull it out, it still signifies a passion that you once had in your life and memories. There are probably not many bands you would fly to see...even though I could be wrong.

-GK

Old 08-04-2005, 09:21 AM   #134
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by ciGarki

its a fair assumption i think
He has one. somewhere in trading board archives there's a thread where, if I remember correctly, the most of the people having a copy were identified and at few cases it was even stated which number they have.

good luck in searching for it.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:33 AM   #135
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Quote:

Hint, hint.
I do not see that feature anywhere.

This seller did change their username recently though:

selling4supper Jul-05-05 Present

brucesmells Aug-21-04 Jul-05-05

marycharity May-03-02 Aug-21-04

Last edited by Netphorian Gadabout : 08-04-2005 at 09:37 AM.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:49 AM   #136
seign
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard D. James
Dean's right, there was a thread a long time ago that had as much as we had known then about who had the copies of the vinyl. If I remember correctly, Dave, Eric, Milan (I think is his name-from SPIFC), Q101, WXRT, Joe Shanahan, Greg Sylvester, Melissa Matuzak(?-Manager at the time) had one...I am sure some band members got them also. I have probably butchered their names, but that is what I can remember from off the top of my head.
I searched for a while and couldn't find the list. I thought I saved it to my harddrive a long time ago but couldn't find it there either.

Another person who has a copy is the winner of that MII essay thing from the o-board.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:54 AM   #137
lou
Pledge

interesting... a few more clues p'raps from some sleuthing through previous items bought and sold:

they last bought glittery unicorn stickers (love of sparkly and the mythical)
they like the colour silver (lots of silver bags and silver gift tags for packaging)
use pale make-up (bought this but didn't sell it)

they are:
religious
catholic
have a fireplace with logs

and have sold previously:
- a backstage aftershow party pass for Radiohead in London...

- does this sound like an average mum from...
villa park, USA (where is this btw?)

who could it be?
let's see.... a liking for the colour silver, religious, sells kids clothes, and likes pale make-up.... i reckon it's Darcy.. or Michael Jackson.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:02 AM   #138
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally posted by seign

Another person who has a copy is the winner of that MII essay thing from the o-board.
The what? I remember a "win tickets to the last Metro show" contest for a machina essay, but not that.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:30 AM   #139
lou
Pledge

selling4supper ( 419) 3 years 3 months IL, United States

members location:
IL

Old 08-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #140
milandejong
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard D. James

Dave, don't sell it man. Although it stays in a box and you hardly pull it out, it still signifies a passion that you once had in your life and memories. There are probably not many bands you would fly to see...even though I could be wrong.

-GK
I'm Milan, but of starla.org
Karl is the guy from spifc.org

Old 08-04-2005, 10:42 AM   #141
stellawasadiver
Ownz

Quote:
Originally posted by lou

i really wish that could work out.
its a really good idea though

Old 08-04-2005, 10:44 AM   #142
spacey raygun
Ownz

Thumbs up

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...7060db801ad989 <- the memories.

lol @ starseed...

you can uncross your fingers now!

where is that guy anyway?

Old 08-04-2005, 10:48 AM   #143
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by spacey raygun

lol @ starseed...

ladies and gentlemen, here we have the winner!

BTW - did you already get the glasses? You should hunt the man, really!

Old 08-04-2005, 10:48 AM   #144
stellawasadiver
Ownz

Talking

courtney love has one, that isnt smart

Old 08-04-2005, 10:49 AM   #145
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Talking

Quote:
O
Jeez, I wouldn't even give Pakula a blank CD-R for fear that he'd put it on
eBay.
lol

Last edited by RopeyLopey : 08-04-2005 at 10:56 AM.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:53 AM   #146
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:

lol @ starseed...

BTW i guess starseed is correct while doubting if those are really the people who got it.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:55 AM   #147
Pmack
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally posted by Pumpkins23836
I do not see that feature anywhere.
Here.

I just tried it with some of my ebay accounts and it works. You can definitely get the info if you are the high bidder; I have not tried it for items in which I have been outbid.

The contact info might be fake, but that might tell you something right there.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:12 AM   #148
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Quote:

The contact info might be fake, but that might tell you something right there.
I have a name and phone number now, and can verify the villa park, illinois locale, but I'm hesitant to post any of that info on here for fear you'll all bug the person.

This is not a person who has any known ties to the SP community as far as I can tell, and if a google search is correct, they either work in PR or is a teacher.

If Dave wants the info, he can PM me and I'll tell him since it was his idea.

If someone wants me to call the person, I'll do so, but I'm only doing it once so figure out what exactly you want me to ask.

Last edited by Netphorian Gadabout : 08-04-2005 at 11:14 AM.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:15 AM   #149
Quiet
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Pumpkins23836
If someone wants me to call the person, I'll do so, but I'm only doing it once so figure out what exactly you want me to ask.
Is it authentic?

How did you get it?

Why are you selling it?

Old 08-04-2005, 11:16 AM   #150
dean moriaty
lion of saloons

Question

Quote:

lol @ starseed...

kim deal? interesting if true. i didn't know they were friends