Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 09:58 AM   #151
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

vitaldust, you are criticizing netphoria as a whole for being overly critical and dismissive of everything BC does while doing the same exact thing to this board.

also, get off your high horse. you are coming across like a pretentious douche know it all. where's your supposed empathy for members on here with which you disagree?

get over yourself.

Old Today, 10:07 AM   #152
myosis
Minion of Satan

everyone on here comes off as a pretentious douche know-it-all.

get over yourselves.

Old Today, 10:08 AM   #153
Woody
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaldust View Post
Of course you have every right to your opinion. But I also have a right to point out that your opinion and the mechanisms behind it could be seen as unkind and insensitive. I'm not saying you are unkind and insensitive (I don't know you), just that there are better ways to respond to the pain of other people.

Don't you mean Cyr me a river?

I've been visiting Netphoria since 1998. I used to spend my free period in HS browsing these threads. Your order of expulsion to a different board for promoting compassion basically proves my above points.
But you're applying my response to the pain of other people saying "I am suicidal" which is something I would respond with an appropriate degree of compassion in everyday circumstance, with multimillionaires who are "unkind and insensitive" on a daily basis to those less fortunate than them, and they don't get a free pass because they once talked about suicidal feelings to journalists, whilst taking a shit ton of recreational drugs and promoting their record or whatever product they are selling. These are not the same thing. My posting shit about Billy Corgan on Netphoria means nothing to Billy Corgan. He's happily drinking tea, writing wrestling fan-fiction, making megalomaniac self-indulgent music and throwing shit at literally everybody on instagram and in interviews etc. I'm sure he can take it.

Old Today, 10:13 AM   #154
vitaldust
Ownz

Location: a melting apocalyptic jungle bleeding out of me like a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
vitaldust, you are criticizing netphoria as a whole for being overly critical and dismissive of everything BC does while doing the same exact thing to this board.

also, get off your high horse. you are coming across like a pretentious douche know it all. where's your supposed empathy for members on here with which you disagree?

get over yourself.
Do you really not see the difference between callus and unsympathetic statements about an individual's struggle with mental illness and responses that attempt to point out the inhumanity of those statements?

I am being critical of the unilateral negativity here not the people as people that populate this board. I never once suggested that anyone's subjective experience was illegitimate. The snuck premise that my comments enact the conditions of my criticism bypasses that simple point. I have only suggested that understanding, sympathy, and compassion are often ignored here and that they shouldn't be.

If suggesting that someone's admission of being suicidal should be taken seriously puts me on a high horse, then so be it. Ride on, motherfucker.

Old Today, 10:16 AM   #155
incubator
Ownz

Someone telling you that they're depressed or suicidal is one thing. Someone announcing to the world that they are/were suicidal but didn't do it which makes them better than a rival who did do it is what we in the biz call "playing the heel".

Old Today, 10:20 AM   #156
vitaldust
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
But you're applying my response to the pain of other people saying "I am suicidal" which is something I would respond with an appropriate degree of compassion in everyday circumstance, with multimillionaires who are "unkind and insensitive" on a daily basis to those less fortunate than them, and they don't get a free pass because they once talked about suicidal feelings to journalists, whilst taking a shit ton of recreational drugs and promoting their record or whatever product they are selling. These are not the same thing. My posting shit about Billy Corgan on Netphoria means nothing to Billy Corgan. He's happily drinking tea, writing wrestling fan-fiction, making megalomaniac self-indulgent music and throwing shit at literally everybody on instagram and in interviews etc. I'm sure he can take it.
So millionaires don't deserve the same type of sympathy for being suicidal as everyday people? That doesn't make any sense to me. It doesn't matter who is experiencing those feelings.

Your consistent linkage of BC's suicidal admission to record promotion demonstrates a negation of his subjectivity.

The point is not that you are hurting BC's feelings. More that the thought patterns here tend to be cruel.

Old Today, 10:20 AM   #157
vitaldust
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
Someone telling you that they're depressed or suicidal is one thing. Someone announcing to the world that they are/were suicidal but didn't do it which makes them better than a rival who did do it is what we in the biz call "playing the heel".
No. It's called the mentality of a survivor.