Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who is Corgan’s biggest bitch?
Monte 25 49.02%
Linda Strawtits 27 52.94%
Manny Chevrolet 4 7.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2018, 07:42 PM   #31
jm9843
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerVelvetSpleen View Post
Linda Strawberry is to SP2 (she has no affiliation with the real Smashing Pumpkins) what Tom Cruise is to Scientology. She is a piece of shit - one of the worst human beings I've ever seen in my life.
Don't talk shit about the Cruise Missile.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:15 PM   #32
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
striped back

much like the album
http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/20...an_dt_0716.jpg

Old 05-17-2018, 10:50 PM   #33
fuzzyroes
Banned

It's been Linda's dream since she was a little girl to become a celebrity. Her work with the pumpkins and the admiration she gets from the Sad Machines members is the closet she'll get to experiencing it.

Monte is a lonely dude who felt special by the attention he was shown by Billy.

My votes for Strawtits

Old 05-17-2018, 11:09 PM   #34
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy/Strawberry vs. D'arcy/me in a tag team match for the NWA tag team championship. Book it Billy.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:19 PM   #35
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
It's been Linda's dream since she was a little girl to become a celebrity. Her work with the pumpkins and the admiration she gets from the Sad Machines members is the closet she'll get to experiencing it.

Monte is a lonely dude who felt special by the attention he was shown by Billy.

My votes for Strawtits
Savage!! Yet so true

Old 05-18-2018, 12:01 AM   #36
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
Manny was actually smart. He got himself kicked out by Billy in 92 and never came back.
Manny was never Corgan's bitch. He was only doing a nice job as an actor.
I posted his IMDb and several short films here.
Yet three people still didn't get it...

Old 05-18-2018, 12:16 AM   #37
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Manny was never Corgan's bitch. He was only doing a nice job as an actor.
I posted his IMDb and several short films here.
Yet three people still didn't get it...
I know I just posted his name in the poll as a fun random obscure SP reference. I noticed he ran for mayor or something when I just googled his name btw. lol

Old 05-19-2018, 03:25 AM   #38
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

How to become bitch's bitch:

Old 05-19-2018, 03:31 AM   #39
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Question

WTF

Old 05-19-2018, 08:46 AM   #40
DaveKShape
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
60 people are waiting with bated breath to see what her "exciting life" (you know, outside of her boring social media) produces.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:55 AM   #41
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

if the mission was to reach the same level as SadMachines and Linda dissing D'arcy on facebook, I think that was accomplished.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #42
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

LOL:

https://i.imgur.com/AkGahzc.png

Old 05-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #43
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

old news

Old 05-19-2018, 03:40 PM   #44
Shallowed
Braindead

This is a none story

Old 05-19-2018, 05:01 PM   #45
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

This is a food story, Strawberry-red:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-siDdm34Ll...GAs/s320/1.png

Old 05-20-2018, 12:48 AM   #46
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

You guys all live in the pass...

Old 05-20-2018, 01:08 AM   #47
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Exclamation

...only the "Monte" and "Manny" haters.

P.S.: Did you all notice the Chevrolet sign under the cat "Felix"?

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-20-2018 at 01:14 AM.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:12 AM   #48
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Red face

Linda Strawberry's fishy ambition to become the next shenanigan bass player in the Smashing Pumpkins? #bassbitch
A true look on her Instagram posts, telling probably an amazing story...

Step 1: Having the anticipation to have talent to play bass by playing a cheap second hand in a guitar store

Step 2: Bleaching the hair blonde for a Darcy-lookalike

linda strawberry
The women I know are incredibly talented, fiery attractive, passionate, some of them also badass mothers, creative in so many ways, full of endless patience, and I could go on and on. …

Step 3: Getting a new bass (probably not left over by somebody’s tour sponsor)

Step 4: Posting a first noodling, with easy chord progressions of any Pumpkins classic

Step 5: Pretending to be so intense at learning, to even wake up very early in the morning to practise a fascinating bass line

Step 6: Wishing your „inspiring and true friend“ a Happy Birthday, telling him btw about your amazing progress on your new beloved instrument

Step 7: Getting red handed (to a b/w photo) by the stress of intense exercising

Stress relief. #redhanded

Ein Beitrag geteilt von Linda Strawberry (@lindastrawberry) am

Certainly to be continued...

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-20-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:10 AM   #49
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Odds are fan favorite* Linda will play bass I guess.

*Sad Machines

Old 05-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #50
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Jack Bates just said he's not doing more dates with Hook and the Light.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #51
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Exclamation

5 Questions about: Linda Strawberry

An Interview with Indie Rock Queen
Linda Strawberry

http://darkpartyreview.blogspot.de/2...trawberry.html

(Remember “The Godfather” when the horse head ends up in the mobster’s bed? That head? It’s the music business in 2008. MP3s, music sharing, playlists, iPods, and the death of CDs have the industry fretting like a mobster without his prized race horse. Yet despite the blood and guts, there is still good music being made. Case in point: Linda Strawberry – a talented singer and keyboardist. Linda has developed a rabid following of fans – pretty much by herself. It speaks to her talent and her ability to reach out to her fans through the magic of the Internet – using YouTube, MySpace and other social media sites to distribute her music. Linda took some time between gigs (yeah, we like that word) to answer some of our questions.)

DaRK PaRTY:
How did you get started in the music business?

Linda:
My parents are freakishly talented. They are both amazing pianists, vocalists, and composers (currently in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir). So, I was always around music since I can remember. When I was 13 my dad set me up with a little writing studio in a closet in the basement and that was the beginning of my song writing. When I was 17, I had written about 70 songs and my mom helped me go to every producer in the state to try to pursue what to do with them. I eventually met Bjorn Thorsrud and Tony Zito who helped me record my first demo and introduced me to Billy Corgan.

Then I realized I didn’t know who I was yet or exactly the artist I wanted to be so Billy suggested I take a little time to get to know myself. So I put my own music aside for a while and began working in the studio. I had just left Mormonism so I had about two years where I was just sorting out my head and reading everything I could get my hands on. By the time I was 21, I felt I had a good grip on what I wanted and a good background on what a mess the music business was.

So, I jumped head first into it. In the last five years I have recorded about 40 songs and written at least 100 with only six released. I have had and lost deals as I’ve watched the music business grind to a halt. Now signing with one of the only remaining labels seems more risky than starting my own and trying to build what I’ve done independently so I’ve started Lovely Chaos Records in my house. I am trying to do whatever I can on my own until things get better.

It’s a hard business to be in right now. Lately, I have been focusing my creative efforts more in visual art to pay the bills. I have the mentality of doing everything I possibly can on my own and not relying on other people to make it happen. It can be tiring though recording, writing, mixing, doing all the album art, business stuff, and running all the promotions... but that’s where I’m at.

DP:
You toured with Billy Corgan (playing keyboards) during his solo tour in 2005. How did you meet him and get connected with his project? And did it influence the way you approached your own music?

Linda:
I sort of answered this in the above answer. I met Billy when I was 18 through Bjorn Thorsrud (producer/engineer). The first time I met him face to face was at a Smashing Pumpkins in-store performance in Salt Lake City when they were doing the Machina Tour.

The first thing Billy ever said to me was “Can you help me tie my dress?” That’s when he was wearing those leather dresses. I was petrified of him. He immediately reached out to me though and started pushing me. My first time ever on stage was singing “To Sheila” at the last Smashing Pumpkins show.

My first time having a song released was a recording of “Love to Love” we did for the SPUN soundtrack. Now, eight years later, we are still really good friends and I have never known a harder working or more talented musician. I can’t even think of how many songs I’ve watched him write over the years or it will make my brains explode. He NEVER STOPS! It makes me work harder!

How I came to be on the solo tour was that I was recording in Chicago and there had been some turmoil with my record so we had dinner and he asked me if I wanted to take a break and see the world. Three weeks later, I was in Portugal standing in front of a $60,000 a week lighting board.

DP:
We have been digging, well, your song "Dig." Can you tell us more about it?

Linda:
I wrote “Dig” at a very low time. I was in love with a very dangerous man. H e treated me like shit, controlled me, manipulated me and I still stuck around like a moron. When I wrote “Dig,” I was in Chicago trying to get over him. I remember laying half off a mattress scribbling the words onto the back of a receipt trying to pour all the lust, love, and despair into one song.

“My mouth is hung/ Lips bee-stung from tears/ I could die/ I could die/ I could die but I backbend to push you in farther than you’ve ever been/ I’ve never believed such words as I believe when you string them up.” That’s all sex and me knowing that I shouldn’t be there but doing it anyway and risking everything even knowing that everything out of his mouth was bullshit.

“Love I forget where my endings begin/ never such a calm undoing as this/ pierced right through by a single kiss.” About how I would try to leave but would end up back and there was no boundary. I was like calmly accepting my own undoing just to walk through his door and kiss him. What’s that line? “Casting pearls before swine…”

Now the song has an entirely different sexy meaning. When I sing it it’s to my new amazing boyfriend who has healed me so much (and who I hope I’ll marry) and its still dirty and seductive but in the best ways plus true devotion (which is so much hotter).

DP:
You've been a master at using the Web to grow your fan base -- leveraging YouTube, MySpace, etc. Do you like going directly to the fans or would you prefer working with a recording label?

Linda:
I love having direct contact with people. I have lots to say and it’s nice to have a place to talk about what’s going on in my head. Our culture is changing so much about the way we communicate and listen to each other. Also, with things being so dead in the industry there’s no way I could just sit back and assume any of this would get done without me doing it myself. So, I do whatever I can. Its tiring but I’ll continue to do it for as long as it takes to get where I’m trying to go. The fans who write me keep me going.

DP:
What musical artists have influenced your work the most and which bands are you listening to these days?

Linda:
Musical Influences – obviously Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins , Siouxsie Sioux, P.J. Harvey, The Cars, Depeche Mode, Diamanda Galas, Marianne Faithfull, Annie Lennox, Irving Berlin, Steve Reich, Joy Division, Tori Amos, Kate Bush, Bjork, the Go Go’s, Roxette, Billie Holliday, and Nico.

New bands... Hmmm. Its hard to name specific bands because I listen to everything. Can I sneak past this question?

8 Comments:
Blogger Dane of War said...
Never heard of her... but with a list of influences like this, I'm going to check her out now.
May 30, 2008 3:05 AM

Blogger GFS3 said...
If you like alternative rock with a bit of an emotional edge -- you'll probably enjoy her music.
May 30, 2008 10:42 AM

Blogger webhostingtop10 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
May 31, 2008 6:06 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hmm, I think she's obsessed with fame and her work is sub standard and self indulgent...

She's one of those "look at me" internet chicks who will never understand what it really takes...
This interview was a phony p.r. insert..not an actual media interest in her..she's desperate.
August 02, 2008 12:26 AM

Blogger GFS3 said...
Ah, no. The interview wasn't a phony PR insert. I approached Linda about an interview -- she agreed -- and then I sent her the questions to answer. She didn't see them ahead of time nor did she have any influence on the questions.

It's fine if you don't like her music. Music is subjective. But in my opinion she isn't desperate nor any more self-indulgent than any other artist.
August 18, 2008 6:31 PM

I understand why people thing this is a fake interview
If you saw her live you would change your mind. It's not even like the same person on myspace.
She has no stage presence at all and is rather sloppy and unrehearsed

September 04, 2008 3:51 PM

Blogger GFS3 said...
That's unfair. Even A-Rod has a night when he strikes out and doesn't get a hit. You may have seen a bad show, but that doesn't make Linda a bad performer.
October 21, 2008 9:09 PM

GFS3,
please, I've been keeping an eye on Linda Strawberry/Rowberry for five years. She's totally unprepared. Seen her play live 5 or 6 times. Her shows were pretty bad and the band just looked they wanted to leave because they were rehearsed and she wasn't. She wants it all but she's not willing to do the work, it's very obvious. Seen it and recognize it. You're right, music Is subjective but identifying half baked presentation isn't. A-Rod actually plays ball almost every night during the season. Linda can't keep a band together and doesn't even play clubs. Half the shows she booked she cancelled anyhow...You approached her? you should have done your research a little bit more carefully...this info is out there, everywhere.
December 09, 2008 12:46 AM

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-22-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:41 PM   #52
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Jack Bates hasn't toured with The Light in awhile. He only played the LA gig cause that's probably where the band is rehearsing at the moment.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:46 PM   #53
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Jack came out of his private mist on Twitter three days ago to speak out about his Light involvement. Seems to be stressed by the Pumpkins tour rehearsals...

Old 05-20-2018, 01:08 PM   #54
DaveKShape
Ownz

Last edited by DaveKShape : 05-22-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Old 05-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #55
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Monte is a bad person.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:20 PM   #56
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

The LDS Church

Verified account

@LDSchurch
Follow Follow @LDSchurch
More
"We have made the decision to retire 'home teaching' and 'visiting teaching' as we have known them. Instead, we will implement a newer, holier approach to caring and ministering to others. We will refer to these efforts simply as 'ministering.'" @NelsonRussellM #LDSconf

1:26 PM - 1 Apr 2018
388 Retweets 1,870 Likes Bonnie FaneWork Anywhere NowNelson GarcíaHeather RolappVera PutnikovicKyle HarrisonNephi LumanogAmy BriggsKirarahu
33 replies 388 retweets 1,870 likes
Reply 33 Retweet 388 Like 1.9K

The LDS Church

Verified account

@LDSchurch
Apr 1
More
"Effective ministering efforts are enabled by the innate gifts of the sisters, and by the incomparable power of the priesthood." @NelsonRussellM

0 replies 42 retweets 268 likes
Reply Retweet 42 Like 268

Matthew Ridgeway

@MatthewBingz79
Apr 7
More
Replying to @LDSchurch @NelsonRussellM
Amen

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet Like

me myself jr

@ssparks123
Apr 3
More
Then why am I stuck with the same visiting teaching route? Is my ward mismanaging this or is this 'it'...

Reply Retweet Like

Diane Jacketta

@millerleray
Apr 2
More
The work of the Lord is ever pressing forward nothing can stop its progress nothing ��

0 replies 0 retweets 3 likes
Reply Retweet Like 3

Enquiry News

@NewsEnquiry
Apr 2
More
Wow, home teaching gone.

Reply Retweet Like

Rhonda Cantrell

@HondaCantrell
Apr 2
More
Sounds great. Look forward to it. Love, Sister Red

Reply Retweet Like

Gabriel

@GabrielGallman
Apr 2
More
Acts 2:17-18

Reply Retweet Like

Jared Protti

@imJProtti20
Apr 1
More
i was totally shocked about this i have to say this conference has been the best i have seen!! #LDSConf

0 replies 0 retweets 8 likes
Reply Retweet Like 8

Connie J. Hall

@CJsFarm
Apr 1
More
A rose by any other name... My first cynical thought. Gonna take new generation but it will be sweet.

Reply Retweet Like

Esmeralda Cervantes

@ezme1972
Apr 1
More
Interesting. My mother in law was diagnosed with Lewy Bodies Dementia 3 years ago. She hasn’t been to church in 3 years. Her home teacher has been the only one who comes every month. Her visiting RS only mail her the monthly message. She gets no phone calls, no visits. Sad.

0 replies 0 retweets 2 likes
Reply Retweet Like 2

BigMamaBear

@nurse20281
Apr 1
More
Good luck

Reply Retweet Like

Sam the Danite

@DaniteSam
Apr 1
More
All the Morgbots parroting “it’s inspired” as if their church leaders are too stupid to come up with changes on their own.

0 replies 0 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet Like 1

James Francisco

@james_IA76
Apr 1
More
Replying to @LDSchurch @MormonNewsroom @NelsonRussellM
In the 1960’s the Church rebranded Ward Teaching as Home Teaching after some tweaks. Rebranding HT and VT as “Ministering” is just more of the same.

Reply Retweet Like 3

Aneisa Phelps

@AneisaPhelps
Apr 1
More
I love this inspirational revelation, and I love President Nelson!

0 replies 0 retweets 11 likes
Reply Retweet Like 11

Mark Crane

@craniac
Apr 1
More
Reading the definition for "Holy" in the Bible Dictionary adds a rich layer of meaning to this statement.

0 replies 0 retweets 5 likes
Reply Retweet Like 5
New conversation

Cal

@RoyalRipken
Apr 1
More
Replying to @LDSchurch @churchhistory @NelsonRussellM
Aka: home teaching has been a colossal failure, so we are canning the entire thing, and just asking you to care about your neighbors, and be the Christians we always should have been.
No reports necessary.

6 replies 1 retweet 14 likes
Reply 6 Retweet 1 Like 14

Boston Watts

@boston_watts
Apr 1
More
Not even close. It’s saved many souls. Just a stepping stone.

0 replies 0 retweets 30 likes
Reply Retweet Like 30
End of conversation
New conversation

Andrea

@forthereading
Apr 1
More
Replying to @LDSchurch
Maybe this will actually encourage someone to contact me b/c no one from the church has made an effort to visit w/ me or talk to me.

9 replies 0 retweets 19 likes
Reply 9 Retweet Like 19

Troy Marsh

@Marsh_PT
Apr 1
More
Sending you love

1 reply 0 retweets 9 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like 9

Andrea

@forthereading
Apr 1
More
Thanks!

1 reply 0 retweets 5 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like 5

Silvia Robertson

@sirungin
Apr 2
More
I just sent you love �� from North Carolina. May Angels surround you and embrace you. Pray and feel our Heavenly Father love for you. Read the scriptures and find comfort in them. I will pray that someone near you will reach out����

Reply Retweet Like 3
End of conversation

Melanie Chapman

@meljoychapman
Apr 1
More
Truly inspired.

0 replies 0 retweets 2 likes
Reply Retweet Like 2
New conversation

Randy Gibson

@oualum2x
Apr 1
More
Very inspired. The caring of the people is so much more important than checking a box on a form. Visit and minister out of love not guilt. It is a holier approach. #FollowtheProphet

1 reply 0 retweets 7 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like 7

Cal

@RoyalRipken
Apr 1
More
Aka: home teaching has been a colossal failure, so we are canning the entire thing, and just asking you to care about your neighbors, and be the Christians we always should have been.
No reports necessary.

0 replies 0 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet Like 1
End of conversation

Denise McDonald

@Denmike1
Apr 1
More
There is more love in this revelation... we can feel it in our hearts.

0 replies 0 retweets 22 likes
Reply Retweet Like 22
New conversation

joni goold

@oakcrest1987
Apr 1
More
What an inspiring conference this has been. These changes will be good for us all. The Lord lives

2 replies 0 retweets 19 likes
Reply 2 Retweet Like 19

Cal

@RoyalRipken
Apr 1
More
No reports necessary.

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like

Braden Herrmann

@BradenHerrmann
Apr 2
More
Speak for yourself I love my home teachers and they have REALLY helped me in my life.

Reply Retweet Like
End of conversation

LDS in Canada

@LDSinCanada
Apr 1
More
Amazing! Such an incredible change to how we give service ❤️

0 replies 0 retweets 12 likes
Reply Retweet Like 12

Jake Evans

@jakethechampion
Apr 1
More
I look forward to serving in this way and i hope all can minister more too!

0 replies 0 retweets 8 likes
Reply Retweet Like 8

MonteLDS

@MonteLDS
Apr 1
More
I was waiting for an "April Fools" but it never came. WOW

0 replies 0 retweets 10 likes
Reply Retweet Like 10

Susan Hals

@susie_nerd493
Apr 1
More
��

Reply Retweet Like 3

WAHDADS & MOMS

@WAHDadz
Apr 1
More
0 replies 1 retweet 17 likes
Reply Retweet 1 Like 17
New conversation

merrymc

@602_885
Apr 1
More
I thought he was going to say, "April fools" for a moment! What an inspired adjustment!

1 reply 1 retweet 29 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 1 Like 29

The Crazy Lady (Author) #MAGA

@TheCrazyLady3
Apr 1
More
��������

Reply Retweet Like
End of conversation
New conversation

Get Free Groceries

@grocerysecrets
Apr 1
More
Replying to @LDSchurch @GayMormonGuy @NelsonRussellM
When i 1st moved to my ward Bishop wanted every family visited (b4 Xmas.) i visited every family in my area: 13. One of them said "r u my VT?" I said no, i don't need a calling to care 4 my neighbor."

1 reply 1 retweet 34 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 1 Like 34

Old 05-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #57
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

I didn’t know it was her on Love to Love. I like that song so she’s alright

Old 05-21-2018, 08:31 PM   #58
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

Monte has proven himself to be a thief and a liar.

Maybe he is more mature now, but I still don't trust him.

Last edited by butthurt : 05-21-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:39 PM   #59
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
IMG_20180517_204343
Oh son

Old 05-21-2018, 09:52 PM   #60
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post