OMG NO DVD???

Im gona throw myself offa bridge now

------------------
( insert clever Sig )

Old 06-09-2002, 07:43 AM   #62
twitch1979

Exclamation

hay

just something u guys should consider. If there is a will there is usally (on a more optamistic level ALWAYS)a way. I rember seeing a link on here to a guys homepage who did the lighting for the Metro show, as well as some on there Japan shows. Now most lighting guys like to have a copy of the show on vid so they can check out there work. The bands know this and are kool with it. Now , on that dudes website he had like 2 2o second clips in really bad quality of the metro. So hands up who thinks this dude has the whole show !

task: Someone who knows where he lives, or what band he is currently doing lighting for,track him down and cut him a deal for a copy, and , if he dosent listen to reason then simply break into his vault and "borrow" it, just like what happpened with the "666" doco thing!

email me if you agree

[email protected]

cheers

Jamie

Old 06-09-2002, 08:05 AM   #63
BeautifulLoser

Quote:
Originally posted by Injektilo:

Metro DVD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>zwan release.

------------------
AIM: JenniferZero

censored25: Dont be sad, Jesus loves your ass

Old 06-09-2002, 05:28 PM   #64
Fonzie

Quote:
Originally posted by collectspumpkins:
Finally someone focuses on the real core of the post...the mysterious post from one Mr. Offtopicman. Now we all pretty well know who OTM is...the question is, will the show get out and how did OTM get the soundboard....hmm.

Now, if Mr. OffTopicMan DOES have a recording of the show, then perhaps it will be released at some point. However, he didn't explicitly say he has it.

And I'm still waiting for absolute confirmation it's off, or delayed or whatever. Not 'some admin was told by another admin that he heard that Billy may have said...'

------------------
http://www.fiftiesweb.com/fashion/fonzie.jpg

Old 06-10-2002, 12:42 AM   #65
sarmatianus

C'mon, there are two MD recordings already. Assuming the second doesn't circulate outside of the "circle" and the first stays on schedule, the whole show will be available in some form by January 2004.

Old 06-10-2002, 01:48 AM   #66
monto

Quote:
Originally posted by sarmatianus:
C'mon, there are two MD recordings already. Assuming the second doesn't circulate outside of the "circle" and the first stays on schedule, the whole show will be available in some form by January 2004.
but who wants a stinkin AUD/MD recording when there's a SBD http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif

Old 06-10-2002, 04:18 AM   #67
Quiet CD

Just some points

A) Billy I think is more focused now on the money he can make since he isn't selling millions of copies of albums
-i) gatmog is a flop and could have been kick ass if they hadn't gone through screenblast.

B) Metro DVD won't bring in that much money

C) So will the Metro show ever get out to Pumpkins fans who care?
-i) Why not release it, tree or other wise, now that it has been 18 months since the concert.

-ii) Billy within a day could have it online if he just sent it to the right person, soundboard, and would make up for the disappointment
-- a) Billy shouldn't have promised something he couldn't deliver, went from 2002, to 2003 and then to never

D) Zwan is a great band and could amount to something very substantial in the music world
-i) if this does happen, and their album does well, I wouldn't be surprised if that Metro DVD suddenly has a final release date stamped on it.

Conclusion: Billy has become less caring about fans than ever imo, but he has a right, look at some of the stupid shit that goes on. So either Billy shows an act of good faith and doing something for us where he isn't taking our cash like distribution the metro sbd recording online... or we go down this somewhat dark and dreadful path with the man and us as followers... but I think the leets should definitely make the aud recording available to all, now that it seems fucking hopeless for anyone outside the circle to get it (but that is one thing i say thank god for Zwan, aud recording's a plenty, no rare boots, not yet)

Old 06-10-2002, 05:46 AM   #68
Mr MacPhisto

my two cents on the subject.

it seems that nobody is ever happy in this community. nobody is greatful for what they have. in the span of 3 years. we got a new album (machina 1), we got a free album released on the internet (machina 2), we got demos (gravity and faeomm), we got a pair of final concerts (the band could have just ended in south africa and called it a day), we got a greatest hits compilation with a b-sides record (which i think is great, but not too many appreciate having a b-sides cd with unreleased stuff on it), a videos dvd with comentary and unreleased footage, and finally we got a new band, and an open taping policy. that doesn't sound like someone that doesn't care about thier fans.

if i released all of that, and my own fans put me down for it, why would i release anything else?

just a thought,

frank

[This message has been edited by Mr MacPhisto (edited 06-10-2002).]

Old 06-10-2002, 06:03 AM   #69
Quiet CD

Well going with the capitalist focus... the whole concept of Machina was intended to lead the pumpkins into another income focused endeavour, GATMOG, which failed.... but yes it is an amazing album (my favorite actually)... Machina II, it was released to spite virgin more than anything, he was upset that he couldn't have virgin sell it which would lead into higher sales for GATMOG and Machina III which who fucking knows will ever be out.

demos etc are awesome, no complaints there what so ever

greatest hits, more money, judas O could have been alot better, i don't think it was too cool to have so many already released songs on it... but the bsides are great, saturnine and soot and stars fucking rock....the DVD was a nice thing, could have maybe had a few more live features, maybe one from each era or something... but pretty good for the price

final shows.... two, in chicago... there were originally four scheduled from what i remember... one in la. one in ny and two in chicago. I would have liked to have saved a few hundred bucks on flying, but it was more than worth the experience, they didn't have to, and i love them for it

they could be doing more for the fans.... open taping policy is a no brainer, gets your music out there without recording, and since there is no record label there is no one breathing down your neck.

they could offer alot more online, the video sylvester has been shooting... supporting live zwan, offering them the resources to do what they want to offer the community easy centralized access to live material.... but i dunno i guess its a little to much to do...

my point is they could do some very easy, quick things that could make a big difference, like releasing a sbd copy of the metro show...

Old 06-10-2002, 06:05 AM   #70
Quiet CD

they meaning billy

Old 06-10-2002, 06:43 AM   #71
The Gaddrow

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Quiet CD:
...like releasing a sbd copy of the metro show...
While I do agree with some of your points, I have to ask... Could you give me just one exapmle, where any band has ever done this in the past? I mean, yeah, the Pumpkins were groundbreaking in a lot of things they have done, but really, think about it. It's a ridiculous to even comprehend.

Old 06-10-2002, 07:38 AM   #72
DoctaSoma

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gaddrow:
Quote:
...like releasing a sbd copy of the metro show...
While I do agree with some of your points, I have to ask... Could you give me just one exapmle, where any band has ever done this in the past? I mean, yeah, the Pumpkins were groundbreaking in a lot of things they have done, but really, think about it. It's a ridiculous to even comprehend.

It would be an amazing thing to do. My question: If Billy was to release the SBD recording free via us on the internet, do you think that it would harm future DVD sales (if it ever is released)?

My opinion is that it would probably make little difference. I would still want the DVD and I would guess that most of the fans rabid enough to trade/download the soundboard, would purchase the DVD. Fans who do not download/trade for the SBD would not be affected and would be equally likely to purchase the DVD as they would have been if the SBD was not released. [Was that coherent?]

Release of the SBD would be an amazing gift to the pumpkins community and would probably do little harm to the commercial value of the DVD if it was Billy's wish to release one. Anyway that's my NZ 2c, which is only worth US 0.8c, hence I won't be buying that Tristessa test pressing. Ramble ramble.

-Ben

Old 06-10-2002, 11:24 AM   #73
King of the Horseflies

Quote:
Originally posted by If It Feels Good, Do Me:
Do you want to wait another 2 years for a Zwan album or do you want another DVD for songs you already know?

DVD please!

------------------
http://www.rpbands.org/images/owned/scrtchr.jpg

Old 06-10-2002, 02:31 PM   #74
Eulogy

Quote:

final shows.... two, in chicago... there were originally four scheduled from what i remember... one in la. one in ny and two in chicago.
er, no.

Old 06-10-2002, 03:23 PM   #75
Dead

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Eulogy:
er, no.

er, yes. It was discussed. I saw it in some interview, maybe Swans. But then they went with just 2 Chicago ones.

They should have made the announcement that they were breaking up at the beginning of the year so I would have gone to more shows than I actually did. Crappy!

Old 06-10-2002, 05:19 PM   #76
Enzed

Quote:
Originally posted by DoctaSoma:
. Anyway that's my NZ 2c, which is only worth US 0.8c, hence I won't be buying that Tristessa test pressing. Ramble ramble.

-Ben
Dude, if you finish off your doctoring stuff, and pay off your student loan, and save for about 20 years...then MAYBE you'll be able to afford it.

Don't lose the vision.

Old 06-10-2002, 07:56 PM   #77
Siamese Dreamer

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Siamese Dreamer:
what two DVD?? Greatest Hits and????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go stand in the corner

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Old 06-10-2002, 11:07 PM   #78
Quiet CD

repeat errr yes... actually if one were to call ticketmaster right when they were scheduling their last shows, you could have learned that there was an LA show scheduled for the 3rd and a NY show as well... oooh a little demi-god oboarder outsmarted you :P

Old 06-11-2002, 09:15 AM   #79
The Gaddrow

Arrow

Quote:
repeat errr yes...
Or, you could have asked Eric Agnew about it back in October 2000 at some party in Sacramento, and he could have told you then. Or maybe that was just me.

Old 06-11-2002, 09:26 AM   #80
The Gaddrow

Quote:
Originally posted by DoctaSoma:
...do you think that it would harm future DVD sales (if it ever is released)?
I gurantee it would. Not that the DVD will sell that many copies anyhow, it's almost certain to lose money. If they do indeed give us everything, it will be atleast two DVD's and the fact is that casual fans won't have any interest whatsoever in throwing down $25.00 for something that they have no personal connection to. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a sbd recording right now, but frankly I don't care. I know that someway, somehow I will see the footage in my lifetime. But it would be completely retarded for him to let something like that out before there is an official release.

Old 06-11-2002, 02:38 PM   #81
Moonchild

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH

Old 06-12-2002, 02:07 PM   #82
Can You Hear Me Now?Good!

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gaddrow:
Quote:
repeat errr yes...
Or, you could have asked Eric Agnew about it back in October 2000 at some party in Sacramento, and he could have told you then. Or maybe that was just me.

You never cease to amaze. You continue to redefine the meaning of "Absolute Leetness". Oh GOD, what I would give right now just to have one lick, even just one stroke, of your gigantic c0ck.

Old 06-13-2002, 02:15 AM   #83
Angst

Red face

that's just plain sad, dead.

------------------
http://www.romaroni.org/~ballz/images/jpg/dickass.jpg
Love me. Love me not.