Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #1
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Default how was your day?

i had a math test that went well.

in my speech class the teacher was talking about persuasive speeches and asked for an example of a fact and i said "vaccines don't cause autism" and someone argued with me about that being a fact

my allergies have been going fucking NUTS for the past few hours and it sucks

eating some salad

hb you?

Old 10-27-2014, 11:41 PM   #2
null123
Minion of Satan

lol "vaccines don't cause autism" as an example of a fact is basically a call-out for the crazies in the room

allergies fucking suck. I recently worked out that my health problems (including some psychological effects) have been caused by histamine sensitivity (possible mast cell disorder). I'd been having allergic reactions pretty much constantly for a couple years. histamine is evil

Old 10-27-2014, 11:41 PM   #3
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Well it's been a fairly regular day. I started to clean up after spending like a month too constantly either anxious or depressed to really want to clean. I'll be doing this for about an hour everyday for a week probably.

What else, i started working more seriously on a new tune. I played some video games i already played before because i need the mental distraction (i really kinda use games like anti anxiety meds but if im VERY anxious it doesnt work) but there's nothing new out there i care to play.

I watched some Doctor who to catch up and the last half of Cat on a hot tin roof cause it was on TCM and i like how overdramatic it is (even if its totally lame Brick is not gay in the film version). I started cutting my cats back neck fur to give them another monthly dose of anti flea meds but didn't finish cause they didn't cooperate. Tomorrow. theyre already a week behind...

As for food, I ate shit that makes me ashamed. Like just crap. I'd given up on all that stuff some months back but then i fell back down in the gutter psychologically for a bit so you know... i went revenge shopping as i call it. Like fuck this life anyway who cares, let's buy ten bucks of shit. And then you have to eat it....

THAT WAS MY DAY.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:42 PM   #4
null123
Minion of Satan

oh and today I made this and I'm kinda into it

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...ee5613e233fbfa

It's 3x4'. Not sure it's done but I'm not gonna work on it for a while

Old 10-27-2014, 11:45 PM   #5
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

how much?

Old 10-27-2014, 11:58 PM   #6
Mooney
Socialphobic

my day was going okay. i thought i made a new friend but then i guess she changed her mind.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:46 AM   #7
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

i see glitter has good drugs.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:09 AM   #8
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

my cat had poop on her butt and it got on my bed

Old 10-28-2014, 01:21 AM   #9
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Great! I hung out with my ladyfriend, she went to work, I caught up w a buddy for what I guess was probably brunch, I worked on some music, practiced my set for Halloween, put a few more touches on my costume and now I'm headed to a friends house where he's been slow cooking pork shoulder for dinner all day. Winner.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:26 AM   #10
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster

Not bad, worked 8 hours, but didn't have to see anyone at the job site. Came home, fed the cat, made a steak and some guacamole for tacos. Protip: guacamole on the fly: mash some avos with a tiny bit of store bought salsa, lime juice and hot sauce ( I used tapatio, but I could easily use Sriracha as well).

Now just drinking some Racer 5's , don have to work tomorrow so I got that going for me.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:29 AM   #11
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
Great! I hung out with my ladyfriend, she went to work, I caught up w a buddy for what I guess was probably brunch, I worked on some music, practiced my set for Halloween, put a few more touches on my costume and now I'm headed to a friends house where he's been slow cooking pork shoulder for dinner all day. Winner.
damn, jelly about that pork shoulder.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:30 AM   #12
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

That does sound like good easy guac. I'll have to try it.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:34 AM   #13
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterlips View Post
train your kitty to wipe its butt
i wish. she never cleans it. usually it's not a big deal, there isn't a lot of residue and i use baby wipes once a day or so. but once in a while she has a really wet poop that will stick and if she puts her butthole on anything directly it will get on it

i brought it up to the vet and he said some cats just don't clean their butts and there is nothing wrong with her

Old 10-28-2014, 01:36 AM   #14
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster

just use the lime juice that comes in the little green plastic bottle too, extra easy

Last edited by dreams of glass : 10-28-2014 at 01:38 AM. Reason: my posts are not making sense anymore

Old 10-28-2014, 01:40 AM   #15
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster

Did you know you can train your cat to use a toilet?

Old 10-28-2014, 01:45 AM   #16
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster

watch the whole thing for lols

Old 10-28-2014, 02:25 AM   #17
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I have a cold. My ears are plugged up. My head hurts.

Fuck it

Old 10-28-2014, 04:03 AM   #18
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
I have a cold. My ears are plugged up. My head hurts.

Fuck it
good. i'm glad.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:50 AM   #19
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Another Tuesday

Got the kids ready for school and dropped them off
- dropped older son off after picking up his friend, at 7:50am for band practice
- came home and made a cheese omelette for the younger one, packed his bag and tied his shoes
- dropped him off and drove to work

Ran playgroup
- made pictures with the coloured sand I made last week, by dripping PVA on a page and then sprinkling the sand over the top
- chatted with the mums and kids
- read 'Mr Gumpy's Outing'
- got out my guitar and sang nursery rhymes with them. The kids adore music time. They're my first truly appreciative audience and I adore them back.

Wrote a few emails, prepped for the kids I'll have for my Special Religious Education class tomorrow, thought about my children's address and Kids' Church session for Sunday. Had a brief chat with my star volunteer's son while she had a meeting with the minister. He has everything going for him, handsome, bright, educated at one of the most exclusive private schools in Sydney, got into a science course at Sydney Uni (engineering, I think...) has a good address... And is crippled by anxiety and depression. He cracked a few smiles while I outlined my plans for some David Lynch evenings and we chatted about the new season of American Horror Story. It was a really big relief to see him smile.

Made an appointment with the accompanist for my older son's Grade 1 Trombone exam next week.

Then picked the kids up from school, organized to pick up another boy for cricket training

Went to the post office to pick up the parcels sent by my parents for my younger aon's birthday tomorrow

took them and another boy to cricket training, tentatively organised some private cricket coaching, dropped the other boy home and did some grocery shopping. About to make beef & vegetables with satay sauce and egg noodles. It's kinda conFusion but hopefully it'll taste good. I am just too tired to think of what to cook and beef minute steak was on special. I've never bought it before but hopefully when I cut it into strips it will cook ok as a stir fry.

After that I'll clean the kitchen and fold laundry and make lunches so they're ready for tomorrow, and hopefully won't be too tired after that to finish the prep for my class tomorrow. If I'm still awake my husband and I might watch an ep of True Detective.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:23 PM   #20
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams of glass View Post
Not bad, worked 8 hours, but didn't have to see anyone at the job site. Came home, fed the cat, made a steak and some guacamole for tacos. Protip: guacamole on the fly: mash some avos with a tiny bit of store bought salsa, lime juice and hot sauce ( I used tapatio, but I could easily use Sriracha as well).

Now just drinking some Racer 5's , don have to work tomorrow so I got that going for me.
keep siracha away from my mexican food.

Quote:
just use the lime juice that comes in the little green plastic bottle too, extra easy
no.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:37 PM   #21
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
if you're into nasty "guac"

white people!

Old 10-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #22
F.Delacroix
Demi-God

com e on noww

Old 10-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #23
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

My day was good until I couldn't sign into PSN/Destiny.

Meeting at 8:00, lunch at 1:15, home at 2:45, whiskey now, no video games. Gonna read on the porch I guess.

Also that art is rad.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:56 PM   #24
yo soy el mejor

i woke up 30 minutes late, but was 20 minutes early to work. what the heck! however i did leave my phone at home, but my hair looks good.

smooth workday so far. and i cannot wait to get home and chill with timmy and the cats. we're having breakfast for dinner (i forgot to take the lamb chops out of the freezer this morning).

Old 10-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #25
null123
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
how much?
lol you mean like dollars? I know people do it but I would feel bad selling something so non-archival. It's got house paint and thick layers of oil pastel on ungessoed kraft paper so it probably won't be looking so hot down the road

Old 10-28-2014, 06:02 PM   #26
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Today made a fucking pig's ear of itself. It should be ashamed of itself, frankly.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:48 PM   #27
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

The election is a week from today. Today was like every day recently - crazy.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #28
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Just started. Hapy spursday to you and yours. in pops name i say go spurs

Old 10-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #29
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i voted last week. fuck election day voting

Old 10-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #30
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

today i had spanish class and then went to the laundromat and then had therapy at 6pm which is super weird. Usually i do mondays at 1pm but she wasn't able to do that this week.

allergies are stuffing my nose up but im not sneezing every 30 seconds like i was last night.

i have to get up at 6am so i should go to sleep soon...

oh and i feel like im falling behind in spanish class a little so tomorrow will be study a shitload day.

i have an essay to do in spanish about my daily routine and also need to work on a speech for speech class, plus spanish test on thursday and i have a presentation to do in spanish where i think im actually going to write a song as my project.

algebra is turning out to be my easiest class by far. i mean, speech is easy but it takes a lot of time. spanish is by far the hardest. one more semester of it after this one.

also pretty much set on my schedule for next semester. spanish 2, honors social problems and total wellness. after next semester about 2/3 of my classes need to be honors in order to graduate in the program (with my AA). so that should be fun.