Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Your mistake was dating a gypsy woman.
lmao

Old 05-07-2018, 02:01 PM   #1744
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i know, i wanna make "She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time" my screen name
I grew up eating fufu, and I just can't really imagine why anybody would be excited to eat it. I mean, my parents like it, but to me, it's just this big, heavy, tasteless loaf.

The soup is fine, I prefer to eat that without the fufu, but it seems to offend my mom.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:16 PM   #1745
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
I genuinely assumed that date post was copypasta, but the follow-up has really thrown me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i know, i wanna make "She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time" my screen name
its is my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
congrats! Best feeling ever (getting your wallet)
seriously I was freaking out a bit

Quote:
I grew up eating fufu, and I just can't really imagine why anybody would be excited to eat it. I mean, my parents like it, but to me, it's just this big, heavy, tasteless loaf.
I can see how having grown up with it could make it bleh. I actually really like the consistency though. It's like a really solid chunk of mashed potatoes. Also I hadn't had it in years. If we weren't sharing I probably would have gotten rice as well, but she had never eaten fufu before.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:22 PM   #1746
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Red face

Quote:

The soup is fine, I prefer to eat that without the fufu, but it seems to offend my mom.
How dare you pooh-pooh fufu?

Old 05-08-2018, 12:16 AM   #1747
FoolofaTook

what happened to shallowed's topless pic?

Old 05-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #1748
redbreegull

last night I had fun all by my lonesome. went into DC and saw Wye Oak at 9:30 Club. Because I like to live dangerously I parked about a mile away and smoked a fat bowl while taking the back alleys to the club and when I got there I proceeded to gulp down two beers and rush the merch table. Limited edition multicolor vinyl and t-shirt, baby. After the show I hiked on back to the car and smoked another bowl and then proceeded to take a wrong turn and next thing I knew I was high as fuck on the national mall at night, and it was really beautiful! The weather was clear with temps in the 70s, and there were a bunch of stars out. So I walked around for a little bit and looked at the monuments in the dark. When I got home I forgot that my future stepsisters were staying here and I was slightly peeved because they had kind of invaded my downstairs apartment, but they brought out the wine and I brought out the weeds and soon everything was good. This morning I dragged myself out of bed to go to the farmer's market across the street because I wanted a lovely loaf of sourdough, and I wound up buying way too much shit

Old 05-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #1749
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Did they play their one good song?

Old 05-12-2018, 05:00 PM   #1750
Ram27
dumb

nice rbg!

I saw alvvays by myself once, I was really self conscious. I got there like two hours early cause I was driving from out of state and wasn't sure what the lines/situation would be like. Basically they were just playing in the lobby of some campus building, so I sat around for two hours. Felt weird. Needed to be drunker probably

Actually gonna see the Pumpkins in August by myself as well. I'll be prepared

Old 05-12-2018, 08:22 PM   #1751
fuzzyroes
Banned

Man, I go to shows by myself like half of the time, well maybe not that much, but it's still a lot. I don't feel awkward or weird at all.

You guys gotta practice being more comfortable in your own skin.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:30 PM   #1752
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Did they play their one good song?
I dunno, most of their songs are good

This was the 6th time I've seen them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
nice rbg!

I saw alvvays by myself once, I was really self conscious. I got there like two hours early cause I was driving from out of state and wasn't sure what the lines/situation would be like. Basically they were just playing in the lobby of some campus building, so I sat around for two hours. Felt weird. Needed to be drunker probably

Actually gonna see the Pumpkins in August by myself as well. I'll be prepared
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Man, I go to shows by myself like half of the time, well maybe not that much, but it's still a lot. I don't feel awkward or weird at all.

You guys gotta practice being more comfortable in your own skin.
I have actually been to many shows by myself. It can be nice, or lonely. Weed and beer help.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:40 PM   #1753
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, I like a lot of groups that my friends have no interest in spending money on and I also go to a low of shows whenever I have days off during the week when everyone's working.

A little alcohol buzz is definitely a must in those situations. Pot helps too... I can go to local show sober, but I can't imagine trecking downtown all alone and being sober. Alchohol is a wonder in those times.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:50 PM   #1754
Elphenor
Braindead

I'd go to more shows but I'm picky and if you're going by yourself it's not good on the merit of it just being a show

Old 05-12-2018, 08:56 PM   #1755
Disco King
Minion of Satan

huh?

Old 05-12-2018, 10:43 PM   #1756
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I'd go to more shows but I'm picky and if you're going by yourself it's not good on the merit of it just being a show
Sure it is. In my opinion, shows are the best thing to go to when you're by yourself and don't have anything else to do. I will admit, when I'm by myself, there is certain things I feel like a loser doing alone... Like seeing a movie for example. I just can't bring myself to do that, but a show is different, cause it's a social gathering by design... Even if you don't end up conversing with many people.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:12 PM   #1757
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I prefer to go out alone, cuz then I get to do exactly what I want to do

Old 05-12-2018, 11:38 PM   #1758
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I go to shows alone a lot. In fact, most of my life, I didn't have a lot of friends, much less friends into the same music that I am.

Since I've made more friends, I do have people to go to shows with now. Most of the time, however, I just go alone, and end up running into people I know because you see the same faces a lot in the local music scene. Local musicians seem to recognize my face, because they are always commenting about how I'm usually up front.

Old 05-13-2018, 01:00 AM   #1759
FoolofaTook

we all die alone

Old 05-13-2018, 01:16 AM   #1760
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Not if you choose murder-suicide.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:13 AM   #1761
FoolofaTook

Old 05-13-2018, 06:14 AM   #1762
FoolofaTook

Old 05-13-2018, 08:09 PM   #1763
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Sure it is. In my opinion, shows are the best thing to go to when you're by yourself and don't have anything else to do. I will admit, when I'm by myself, there is certain things I feel like a loser doing alone... Like seeing a movie for example. I just can't bring myself to do that, but a show is different, cause it's a social gathering by design... Even if you don't end up conversing with many people.
Going to the movies alone is pretty damn natural. I've done it a handful of times. I mean, you're not supposed to talk while you're there so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 05-13-2018, 08:54 PM   #1764
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

it's not "uncool" at all to go to the movies on your own. i'd even say there's a romantic aspect to it. in fact, it's the one activity that doesn't really make sense to do as a duo, or group. i never got how the all-american stereotype became going to the movies for your first date. you just sit there next to a stranger still, unable to really focus on the movie because you're thinking about how far your arms are and are they touching. and even if you do wanna get in some words, you're disturbing others around you.

on the other hand, going on your own kinda has this romantically dark thing, like you're a travis bickle or a jack nicholson, or even a guy like quentin tarantino who has spent most of his youth in the neighborhood cinema.

i'm making a case for going to the movies here but i rarely actually go, though. the chairs with crusted sweet popcorn gum on them, the tall cunt who will forever sit in front of you, the loud talkers, the inability to pause for a second and go grab a snack/take a piss (on a gamecube ofc, which is within reach, naturally - yet another advantage).

but if you have a quiet, small cinema around your neighborhood, especially one that screens good films, it can be very nice.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:54 PM   #1765
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
It can be nice, or lonely. Weed and beer help.
this is true towards life in its entirety.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:11 AM   #1766
FoolofaTook

word.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:12 AM   #1767
FoolofaTook

going to the movies alone is perfectly fine with me. done it tons of times and look how i've turn out!

Old 05-14-2018, 09:23 AM   #1768
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i dunno what's that post i made before.

i wasn't even high. cross my heart.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:08 AM   #1769
FoolofaTook

cross your bong

Old 05-14-2018, 10:12 AM   #1770
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead