Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-12-2018, 11:27 PM   #1
fuzzyroes
Banned

Default Where I go when I feel depressed

When I feel down, depressed or tired, it helps when I visit this page

https://www.straight.com/isawyou

This is really a different type of loser that succumbs to this. I mean man, whenever I'm down, I can think at least I'm not a loser like this.

Okay lets play devils advocate for a moment. Lets pretend you come across someone that caught your eye, now what could possibly be the odds that they're just going to happen upon that particular website the same day you post it? The desperation is dizzying. The odds of this approach working are literally less than 0.001! I almost wanna reach out to these people out of pity!

Ahhh I don't know what it is about the human condition, but it's always satisfying to realize that there's people out there having a worse go at it than you are.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 05-12-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:34 PM   #2
slunken
Virgo

what are you talking about?

Old 05-12-2018, 11:35 PM   #3
fuzzyroes
Banned

Search I Saw You Posts
Tattooed Man with Box of Carnivorous Plants

posted Saturday, May, 12th 2018, 12:28pm

The expo train to King George arrived at Columbia during after-work rush hour. You got off to make room for people to leave the train. You were carrying a cardboard box full of carnivorous plants. Some looked like Trumpet Pitchers. You had many tattoos, some on your neck, some on your arms. You wore an army print cap, and an army green t-shirt. You were caucasian. You had nice strong pecs and arms. Perhaps you have brown hair based on your thin eyebrows. I smiled at you as I got on the train. I was the young Asian man with somewhat tousled hair. I wore a grey sweater with yellow, green and blue thin stripes. I wanted to talk to you and about your plants, but there were too many people between us. Perhaps we can connect?

When: Thursday, May, 10 2018

Where: Columbia SkyTrain Station

Yeah bro, that's really gonna work. I'm sure the guy with plants is going to get right back to you

Have we not evolved as a species to have better ideas than this? I mean good grief you really gotta pity these losers

Old 05-12-2018, 11:40 PM   #4
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
what are you talking about?
There's a very popular feature on a massive Vancouver website that lets people write messages to people that they found attractive in passing... These people writing the messages believe that they just experienced "love at first sight". The purpose of the site is that the person spotted will stumble upon the site, read the part of the site and realize that the person is talking about them and then contact the person and then a romance will begin.

People post on this daily, but I mean, I can't ever imagine it working, but I read these messages and people are so passionate in their messages. It's like they're pouring out their soul in hopes that the hot person they saw walking down the street one day replies.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:50 PM   #5
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
There's a very popular feature on a massive Vancouver website that lets people write messages to people that they found attractive in passing... These people writing the messages believe that they just experienced "love at first sight". The purpose of the site is that the person spotted will stumble upon the site, read the part of the site and realize that the person is talking about them and then contact the person and then a romance will begin.

People post on this daily, but I mean, I can't ever imagine it working, but I read these messages and people are so passionate in their messages. It's like they're pouring out their soul in hopes that the hot person they saw walking down the street one day replies.
this is called "missed connections"

Old 05-12-2018, 11:51 PM   #6
noyen
Immortal

hey fuzzy, I think you're a scourge to humanity and really stupid.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:54 PM   #7
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
this is called "missed connections"
Oh, you have experience in this?

Old 05-12-2018, 11:55 PM   #8
fuzzyroes
Banned

And No RBG, the feature on this site is called "I Saw You".

Different from people just posting about some lady they were hitting it off with at the bar but failed to secure her digits.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:08 AM   #9
buzzard
Minion of Satan

They should probably just drink themselves stupid a few times a week, those pathetic losers.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:14 AM   #10
Elphenor
Braindead

lose money in some sports gambling goddamn wastes of space

Old 05-13-2018, 12:30 AM   #11
redbreegull

Quote:
And No RBG, the feature on this site is called "I Saw You".

Different from people just posting about some lady they were hitting it off with at the bar but failed to secure her digits.
yeah it's called missed connections

Old 05-13-2018, 12:42 AM   #12
Disco King
Minion of Satan

One thing I noticed while browsing missed connections on Craigslist: all of the posts by men were about women that they just encountered once and never spoke to, while all the posts by women were about past lovers or friends that they lost contact with.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:54 AM   #13
FoolofaTook

lol

Old 05-13-2018, 12:58 AM   #14
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
One thing I noticed while browsing missed connections on Craigslist: all of the posts by men were about women that they just encountered once and never spoke to, while all the posts by women were about past lovers or friends that they lost contact with.
https://images.emojiterra.com/twitter/512px/1f914.png

Old 05-13-2018, 05:18 PM   #15
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Yeah man, it's always men. I mean jeeze, it's hard to understand the thought process behind trying something so desperate. I can't imagine it ever working.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:03 PM   #16
Ram27
dumb

I agree. I'm sad and lonely, but would never try that

Or you always hear about guys sending unsolicited dick pics. Like...why?

Old 05-13-2018, 06:17 PM   #17
redbreegull

Sending dick pics is more an act of sexual aggression I would say. No man actually believes any woman is going to want to fuck him if he exposes himself to her. It's about being transgressive.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:53 PM   #18
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Unhappy

Quote:
No man actually believes any woman is going to want to fuck him if he exposes himself to her.
aw man, really?

Old 05-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #19
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I dunno… I myself always tended to think that it's intentionally antagonistic behaviour, but the more I read about the phenomenon, the more I think these guys are actually clueless enough to think their disembodied dick is going to win some woman's heart.

Like, I was reading this article where a woman sent men unsolicited vagina pictures to kind of "turn the tables" on them… and most of those men were happy to receive them, and asked her out.

Then I hear things from gay friends about their feelings toward unsolicited dick pics. A lot of them seem to respond in kind.

I try not to unquestionably accept broad generalisations about sex differences, but I think it's more likely that this is a case of men and women's differences in sexual behaviour, and not a purposeful campaign of gender violence.

Not that this absolves these men. I think more important than treating others how you would like to be treated is treating others how they would like to be treated. If these men don't care enough about women's thoughts to investigate and take into account what behaviour they may or may not welcome, that's them being entitled males.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:07 PM   #20
slunken
Virgo

Here's an idea for men and women alike: don't be gross

Old 05-13-2018, 08:10 PM   #21
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Speaking of which, check your PM

Old 05-13-2018, 08:34 PM   #22
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
Here's an idea for men and women alike: don't be gross
yeah. when was the last time you stuck your dick in a filthy pig?

Old 05-13-2018, 09:10 PM   #23
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

There's that evolutionary psychology-esque theory that men in general are more interested in one-off sexual encounters than women, because women instinctively understand how pregnancy and childbirth, infant care etc., put us in a very vulnerable position where we're dependent on the care of others for our survival. So it makes sense for us to be cautious and avoid sexual intimacy with men we don't trust. And trust is usually built over time.

With contraception, I think a lot of that has changed. But maybe, with the way things are stacked, women who enjoy one-off sexual encounters and sexual encounters with strangers based on physical chemistry/first impressions, are maybe more likely to be successful and don't feel compelled to post on websites. When I was younger my group of friends from my all-girls high school was fairly mixed between girls who were saving themselves for marriage, girls who were looking for serious commitment before they would have sex, and girls whose night was not complete if they didn't get to go home with a guy and fuck. Some of my friends would have been turned on my dick pics, if they had been a thing, then. And definitely would have sent pics back. I'm attracted to people usually because of their personality and intellect, so somebody leading with their genitals would be a bit off-putting to me. Plus I prefer monogamy and I'm judgmental enough that sending a dick pic would give me the impression that they are promiscuous and looking for multiple partners and one-offs. That might not be true but I think I would have read it that way, in my twenties.

But it definitely changes as you get older. My friend divorced her husband when she was 40 and the guys who she has dated since, have all been pretty horrible It was a lot easier for her husband - he dated a lot of younger, childless, attractive women and then started a live-in relationship with a woman ten years younger.

So it wouldn't surprise me if older single women look for previous connections they've had...just because the new people you meet, as a 40+-something single woman, perhaps are quite disappointing.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:29 PM   #24
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i was looking at apartments like 2 months ago on craigslist and for some reason read the missed connections. right there was a missed connection where a guy was talking about a woman who worked at a store in hollywood and i knew exactly who he was talking about cuz she used to work at my store, now worked at that store, and he knew her name and physical description. a week or two later she transferred back to my store and i showed her the missed connection. mind blown.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #25
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
There's that evolutionary psychology-esque theory that men in general are more interested in one-off sexual encounters than women, because women instinctively understand how pregnancy and childbirth, infant care etc., put us in a very vulnerable position where we're dependent on the care of others for our survival. So it makes sense for us to be cautious and avoid sexual intimacy with men we don't trust. And trust is usually built over time.

With contraception, I think a lot of that has changed. But maybe, with the way things are stacked, women who enjoy one-off sexual encounters and sexual encounters with strangers based on physical chemistry/first impressions, are maybe more likely to be successful and don't feel compelled to post on websites. When I was younger my group of friends from my all-girls high school was fairly mixed between girls who were saving themselves for marriage, girls who were looking for serious commitment before they would have sex, and girls whose night was not complete if they didn't get to go home with a guy and fuck. Some of my friends would have been turned on my dick pics, if they had been a thing, then. And definitely would have sent pics back. I'm attracted to people usually because of their personality and intellect, so somebody leading with their genitals would be a bit off-putting to me. Plus I prefer monogamy and I'm judgmental enough that sending a dick pic would give me the impression that they are promiscuous and looking for multiple partners and one-offs. That might not be true but I think I would have read it that way, in my twenties.

But it definitely changes as you get older. My friend divorced her husband when she was 40 and the guys who she has dated since, have all been pretty horrible It was a lot easier for her husband - he dated a lot of younger, childless, attractive women and then started a live-in relationship with a woman ten years younger.

So it wouldn't surprise me if older single women look for previous connections they've had...just because the new people you meet, as a 40+-something single woman, perhaps are quite disappointing.
Evo psych would probably say that men do commit less but when they do commit it is just as strong as when women commit. and that men who are in demand will tend to stay committed or have a series of commitments while less desirable males can be shut out of the mating pool completely, because woman's choice is the end-all of human mating in environments where there are abundant resources and lots of safety (in general).

so if you're a less desirable male, how do you compete? maybe you show every woman your dick, knowing that even if 1/100 of them reacts positively, you are not investing time into others who would never possibly want you, only the one who responds positively to such an overt gesture

Old 05-13-2018, 10:56 PM   #26
myosis
Minion of Satan

are dick pics just a dick or do you see more of the person usually? is the paul hem an example of a dick pic?

Old 05-14-2018, 07:05 AM   #27
FoolofaTook

it depends. you have the solitary dick pic. then there's the dick/torso pics. furthermore we have the dick/torso/buttocks pics. finally the set reaches full potential with the inclusion of the face.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #28
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Sending dick pics is more an act of sexual aggression I would say. No man actually believes any woman is going to want to fuck him if he exposes himself to her. It's about being transgressive.
I don't think this is the case. Guys do it cause they think they have a big dick and they assume the woman being sent it is going to be impressed and wanna fuck him.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #29
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post

Parental-investment theory pretty much says that as male gametes are plentiful and cheap to produce, and female gametes are scarcer and take a lot of time and energy to contribute to an eventual offspring, females "invest" more into reproduction than males do, and have therefore adapted to be choosier of mates than males are. A single male could go around impregnating multiple females, whereas a female would have to wait nine months between fertilizations to contribute to another offspring.

So, males generally want more sex and more sexual partners than women do. Though this obviously isn't true for every individual, it's one of the sex differences that seems most stable across cultures, most stark, and less likely to be mostly a result of socialization, whereas things like, say, maths ability or emotional intelligence, seem to be highly sensitive to nurture and likely not dictated by nature.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:15 PM   #30
redbreegull

Quote:
I don't think this is the case. Guys do it cause they think they have a big dick and they assume the woman being sent it is going to be impressed and wanna fuck him.
no one thinks that, it's an act of aggression