Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2020, 04:03 PM   #5911
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isohedron View Post
lol, he's a fan of Team America I see

Old 11-26-2020, 07:34 PM   #5912
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Did he actually brag that he is incredibly articulate in interviews by way of speaking clearly and succinctly?

lol, ok, Bill.

Old 11-29-2020, 04:22 PM   #5913
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Is it usual for him and Chloe to gripe away at each other whilst live streaming?! Was definitely a chunk of that in todays

Old 11-29-2020, 05:09 PM   #5914
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Pretty much yeah. Which account was the livestream on? Zuzus? Usually he makes some snarky remark and she just roll her eyes at him.

Old 11-29-2020, 05:46 PM   #5915
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

when he says the fans can explain why zeitgeist is not streaming, i am at a loss. other than some unclear reasoning around bill having sour grapes, but i couldn’t say why specifically. does anyone know the actual story there?

Old 11-29-2020, 05:47 PM   #5916
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Pretty much yeah. Which account was the livestream on? Zuzus? Usually he makes some snarky remark and she just roll her eyes at him.
Can't remember, it popped up in my feed so flicked through it. He said to her "you can take your mask off", she paused and said something back and he responded with an eyeroll and saying "another Sunday with Chloe!"... reminds me of all those awful moments in relationships where noone's having a particularly great time

Old 11-29-2020, 05:50 PM   #5917
Machinist
Ownz

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
when he says the fans can explain why zeitgeist is not streaming, i am at a loss. other than some unclear reasoning around bill having sour grapes, but i couldn’t say why specifically. does anyone know the actual story there?
Given he makes endless barbed comments when someone praises a song ie: 'I had to fight to get that song on the record' or 'I was told not to put this song out! - I guess I showed them!' while at the same time not putting up an entire album because some people were mean to him on Netphoria 13 years ago = classic billy.

Old 11-29-2020, 08:28 PM   #5918
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Zeit, TFE & the Zwan album are not on Spotify etc because he is still somehow operating under the delusion that those are *the* albums the fanbase hated from him - a true sign he is not really looking for feedback outside of groups like Sad Machines anymore

what's most bizarre is that, given how crazy he's been about positioning in the "modern pop markets" & other such statistics, he's only shooting himself in the foot having fans play all this stuff offline, doing nothing for his own stream numbers but hey, we're just the stupid haters innit

Old 11-29-2020, 08:52 PM   #5919
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
Zeit, TFE & the Zwan album are not on Spotify etc because he is still somehow operating under the delusion that those are *the* albums the fanbase hated from him - a true sign he is not really looking for feedback outside of groups like Sad Machines anymore

what's most bizarre is that, given how crazy he's been about positioning in the "modern pop markets" & other such statistics, he's only shooting himself in the foot having fans play all this stuff offline, doing nothing for his own stream numbers but hey, we're just the stupid haters innit
It's a weird punishment thing isn't it? Like thinking these albums weren't appreciated properly so I'm going to make it difficult to hear them easily

Old 11-29-2020, 09:28 PM   #5920
Shallowed
Braindead

Those three releases are on the Reprise label, so my guess is that it's to do with disagreements with them.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:30 PM   #5921
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

that's probably true, yet only reaffirms how much he loves pissing off fans given that his actual response to the question is "it's your fault" lol

Old 11-29-2020, 09:41 PM   #5922
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post

It's not true that those albums were removed by Billy. He's said that a couple of times. They were all released by Warner, and I guess there's something to do with that.

Old 11-29-2020, 10:01 PM   #5923
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
It's a weird punishment thing isn't it?
strangely, your dad asked me this same question last night

Old 11-29-2020, 10:02 PM   #5924
FoolofaTook

Old 11-29-2020, 10:05 PM   #5925
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

i wouldn't mind listening to Starz from time to time. or Ma Belle or Stellar, though I'm not sure those were on streaming with zeitgeist?

how do you all listen to music these days aside from streaming? i don't have a cd player, don't have a record player or any vinyl. i just started paying for youtube premium, so maybe i'll just make a playlist there... (no ads, can play it in the background)

Old 11-29-2020, 10:33 PM   #5926
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
i wouldn't mind listening to Starz from time to time. or Ma Belle or Stellar, though I'm not sure those were on streaming with zeitgeist?

how do you all listen to music these days aside from streaming? i don't have a cd player, don't have a record player or any vinyl. i just started paying for youtube premium, so maybe i'll just make a playlist there... (no ads, can play it in the background)
Got various hard drives that i dump onto an old iPod touch that will probably die soon

Got some vinyl but not a whole lot and it’s hard to be a responsible vinyl player with small kids around, it’s like i have to pick which of them to abuse and of course the state will take the kids and doesn’t give a shit about the records, so

Old 11-29-2020, 10:38 PM   #5927
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Spotify, downloading stuff on soulseek to put on my phone or iPod, or I still buy CDs of stuff I really like and I have like 1500 of the damn things on my wall. Lol

Old 11-29-2020, 11:09 PM   #5928
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Kept buying CDs until i realized...wow i am just going to rip this anyway, since the only player is in the car, and plus any physical media is the pain of an ass when u move and move and move like i used to

Old 11-30-2020, 01:59 AM   #5929
Ram27
dumb

Quote:

i semi-slavishly maintain an itunes library of everything i care about

the idea of needing internet to stream something, music i love being at the mercy of a website, copyright, labels, or shitty artists is frightening

Old 11-30-2020, 03:20 AM   #5930
russticles
Demi-God

Someone asked if Jimmy used electronic or acoustic drums on the Cyr record

Billy said acoustic

The fuck. That would be pretty mental if Jimmy actually tracked drums on a real acoustic kit and Billy/Howard just resampled it.

Old 11-30-2020, 06:45 AM   #5931
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

I wanna know who these Gish fans are that "hated" SD, and who the SD fans are that "hated" MCIS, and so on.

I'm a Gish fan and a SD fan and a MCIS fan and an Adore fan, and a fan of Machina if I compile the best of M1 and M2. Most people I knew who were into SP liked all of it, and those who discovered them from MCIS went back to SD and enjoyed it.

He also seems to think that the same "hipsters" are still around from the 90s - or that modern day "hipsters" give two hoots about SP in 2020. They really don't.

This whole "45 second intros aren't contemporary" - why does this 53 year musician think his band is in any way considered contemporary? The only people buying his music are the same people who bought his music already. And let's be honest, most of them don't really like his new music now do they?

Old 11-30-2020, 06:58 AM   #5932
Ram27
dumb

i was wondering about that 'hated' thing

i can get SD sounding too lush and commercial from gish, and maybe MCIS being too long and having too much weird shit. but no one at metro in 93 or the double door shows in 95 would be reacting like we are

Old 11-30-2020, 07:31 AM   #5933
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
i was wondering about that 'hated' thing

i can get SD sounding too lush and commercial from gish, and maybe MCIS being too long and having too much weird shit. but no one at metro in 93 or the double door shows in 95 would be reacting like we are
People I know who discovered them from SD didn't know about Gish. And people I know who discovered them from MCIS didn't really know SD beside "Today" and "Disarm", never mind Gish.

So like you I really don't know where he's getting that. I think he spoke to like, 5 people one time, who told him this. Or he read some article or something.

His idea of what the fans want and like, verses what the fans actually want and like, are polar opposites. I've love to tell him this on IG but he'd either ignore or block me. I've already been blocked by him on IG and don't want to have to create yet another account to keep up with his lunacy.

Old 11-30-2020, 02:08 PM   #5934
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

I love how Billy keeps claiming no one liked SD and MCIS when they came out. They were huge mega hit albums. They did get mixed reviews in the press but it’s not like no one liked them. Come on, Billy. On the strength of SD, your band was invited to replace Nirvana as headliners of fucking Lollapalooza. Literally the highest honor an alternative band could be given. Clearly the album wasn’t THAT hated.

I also love how he keeps making claims that all of his mediocre albums since the 90’s are now being celebrated in hindsight. Sorry, Bill, that is a huge fucking lie.

Where are all these fans and critics who suddenly love MSOTS, TFE, Shitegeist, and Bloat-cenia? I haven’t seen or heard any of this. They were mostly panned when they came out and they continue to be considered footnotes to his 90’s work at the very best.

His post 90’s music is generally regarded as mixed crap with a few scattered nuts because that’s what it is. Just own up to it Billy and stop with your blowhard bullshit. No one cares about Zeitgeist. It’s still as embarrassing today as it was back then.

And don’t even get me going on SIDDFARTHA.

Last edited by johncg : 11-30-2020 at 02:14 PM.

Old 11-30-2020, 02:41 PM   #5935
FoolofaTook

Angry

Look at these fools acting like they know more than the Bald Lord Himself.

The Bald Lord gazes down upon you and scoffs! Faugh!

Old 11-30-2020, 03:05 PM   #5936
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
It's not true that those albums were removed by Billy. He's said that a couple of times. They were all released by Warner, and I guess there's something to do with that.
It is. Back in 2015, he specifically said this at one of his pre-show Q&As. This whole, "punishing the fans" thing was something he made up in the last couple of years, and even claimed that was a "joke" on Instagram recently (more realistically he probably cannot keep his own lies straight). My guess would be WB/Reprise gets some very low royalty on streaming even though Billy owns the masters. Due to their lack of faith, he punished them by holding back those cents they'd earn every year on sweet, sweet Zwan/TFE/Zeitgeist streams. TbK never streamed, even when it was being released.

Also, a big LOL, to him validating Andy Warhol on his other IG account. Straight out of Buttcannon's interview with D'arcy, where she said he once told the entire band it was okay to like Mozart because Billy finally "got" Mozart's music.

Old 11-30-2020, 03:15 PM   #5937
FoolofaTook

haha yeah true that

take that billy!!

Old 11-30-2020, 04:09 PM   #5938
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:

you can add yer own shit onto Spotify (provided your opposed to using your phones own "local" music app) so that's one way of getting around it

Old 11-30-2020, 04:11 PM   #5939
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Look at these fools acting like they know more than the Bald Lord Himself.

The Bald Lord gazes down upon you and scoffs! Faugh!
come on Fool, it's the Naked Lord now

Old 11-30-2020, 04:14 PM   #5940
FoolofaTook

hmm... interesting.

how about Shaved Lord? Compromise?