Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2019, 11:14 AM   #3961
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

yeah that really worked well for me

Old 03-09-2019, 11:56 PM   #3962
ovary
Ownz

i had to put my hand in front of my right left? eye to read this thread. man. eric clapton is OK/kinda gay? alrite see yall tomorrow

Old 03-12-2019, 10:58 AM   #3963
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Been talking to a dude on the phone for about a week and things seem nice enough but I don't get how you can fall in love (lol) over the phone or video chat. Maybe that means he isn't the right guy, or maybe I just need to give it a lot more time. Either way it's fun to get lil caring texts all day. It would require a lot of effort to meet but netphoria and the internet at large are home to these situations all the time. Maybe I'm just overthinking it because I have someone else's feelings to consider and can't be all over the place.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #3964
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

We had a pet rat named D'arcy. Jen left in a hurry yesterday and forgot to put her back in the cage.

We also have cats so I came home to a deceased rat. which was thankfully not too gruesome.

Anyway I buried her temporarily in the snow this morning. Ground's too frozen.

Really don't feel like working today.

Old 03-12-2019, 12:08 PM   #3965
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

poor d'arcy

Old 03-12-2019, 12:36 PM   #3966
cork_soaker
full of longing

this seems as good a place as any to lay down a searing woodwind solo

Old 03-12-2019, 07:44 PM   #3967
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Been talking to a dude on the phone for about a week and things seem nice enough but I don't get how you can fall in love (lol) over the phone or video chat. Maybe that means he isn't the right guy, or maybe I just need to give it a lot more time. Either way it's fun to get lil caring texts all day. It would require a lot of effort to meet but netphoria and the internet at large are home to these situations all the time. Maybe I'm just overthinking it because I have someone else's feelings to consider and can't be all over the place.
Wait, did he tell you he fell in love with you only through speaking to you over the phone? Not that that's impossible, but it would certainly take more than a few chats. He sounds kinda clingy and it sounds like a red flag.

I mean, I'm a sad, pathetic, needy, lonely neckbeard who has nobody interested in him, and I've still never told anybody that I fell in love with them through phonecalls alone. If this guy is saying that, that says something, I think.

If you get along, probably go out to see him anyway, because the worst that could happen is the date not going that well and no second one taking place. And, speaking from experience, people generally really appreciate being given a chance, instead of talking to somebody over text for a little while, only for the person to flake out for any actual dates and start ghosting or breadcrumbing, and going through this same process ad infinitum.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:48 PM   #3968
redbreegull

Despite all my rage
Jen left in a hurry yesterday and forgot to put her back in the cage

Old 03-12-2019, 08:05 PM   #3969
ilikeplanets
Braindead

No, he didn't say he loved me. I must have phrased my meaning incorrectly. I mean how the hell am I supposed to fall in love via texts, calls, and video chats. It seems to work all the time, so maybe I just need to be more open minded since I've met all my previous partners irl. We aren't even dating, just chatting and seeing where it goes. But I was curious if people could feel the same instant spark of attraction they do over these types of interactions as much as meeting someone you can see and touch, or if it just naturally takes more time and effort. I don't want to be wasting either of our time. I'm just not used to trying to get a s/o like this so I'll just see if the conversations lead anywhere better, I guess. Not doing much else in that department and it is nice to feel even a little interest again.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:14 PM   #3970
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Listen to your heart when he's calling for you.

Listen to your heart. There's nothing else you can do.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:21 PM   #3971
ilikeplanets
Braindead

That why I said "lol" after "fall in love" because half the time I think it's a load of shit like that

Old 03-12-2019, 08:31 PM   #3972
Elphenor
Braindead

got my ear pierced again

gonna get a Legendary Pink Dots tattoo maybe

Old 03-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #3973
Elphenor
Braindead

have a dangly goth earing ofc

Old 03-12-2019, 09:15 PM   #3974
cork_soaker
full of longing

reminds me of trying to mold a self-portrait out of antacid tablets and gradeschool paste in the shower

Old 03-12-2019, 09:40 PM   #3975
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
No, he didn't say he loved me.
Ah, I misinterpreted you.

Quote:
I must have phrased my meaning incorrectly. I mean how the hell am I supposed to fall in love via texts, calls, and video chats.
You're not. That's what the dates are for, silly!

Quote:
It seems to work all the time, so maybe I just need to be more open minded since I've met all my previous partners irl. We aren't even dating, just chatting and seeing where it goes. But I was curious if people could feel the same instant spark of attraction they do over these types of interactions as much as meeting someone you can see and touch, or if it just naturally takes more time and effort.
Yeah, I don't think you necessarily need some kind of instant spark prior to the actual date. You just have to have a reasonable hunch that you might possibly end up liking the person.

Quote:
I don't want to be wasting either of our time. I'm just not used to trying to get a s/o like this so I'll just see if the conversations lead anywhere better, I guess. Not doing much else in that department and it is nice to feel even a little interest again.
I can't speak for everyone, but I don't feel like my "time was wasted" because I went on a date, and it there was no spark or it didn't go anywhere. That's just what dating is. Talking and doing shit together to see if you like each other. Not having a spark isn't a waste of time, because you still learnt something that you wouldn't have known otherwise (that this one isn't what you're looking for).

In fact, I feel more like my time is being wasted when women text back and forth and express enthusiasm when I say we should grab a drink sometime, but keep on flaking, being non-responsive, or keep on claiming to be "busy" when I actually ask them out. My philosophy is "shit, or get off of the toilet." If they don't actually want to go out, they should just say as much, instead of feeling obligated to return polite texts just to avoid having to reject me. I always feel like it seems a little cowardly and self-centered when these people can't suffer the mild awkwardness of rejecting somebody, and would rather draw out the pain and uncertainty for the other person by giving them a little bit of hope and pretending to still be interested. Especially because these people probably have a lot more options than I do, are probably talking to a lot of people, and aren't waiting with baited breath to get confirmation from the single solitary person who is currently texting them. I don't want to be some texting-buddy validation source who just makes them feel happy that people are interested in them, I'm trying to set up an actual date.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:46 PM   #3976
yo soy el mejor

i never looked at dating as "dating". it wasn't so formal and complex, which could have been due to not putting emotional stock into anyone.

people i dated weren't people i would usually end up in relationships with.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:04 PM   #3977
ilikeplanets
Braindead

This makes me feel a little less cold, I think

Old 03-12-2019, 10:05 PM   #3978
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Like, at least I'm honest

Old 03-12-2019, 10:16 PM   #3979
Disco King
Minion of Satan

A lot of people seem to end up in relationships organically with friends and acquaintances, but I've only really sought dates through cold approaches. My female friends are just friends, and I don't want to complicate our friendships by pursuing anything. One time I did, and the woman ignored me for maybe a couple of months before we resumed the friendship. They get weird about it, because if you express interest, it's almost like they think you were being insincere about the friendship, and were just "pretending" to be their friend in order to get something more out of them, or something. Like, chill. Just say "no thanks," and I'll be glad to continue just being platonic friends, geez. No reason to make a big deal out of it and halt a friendship.

That's why I pretty much only date strangers. People I chatted up in random places who agree to go out on a date. But it also formalizes dating quite a bit, I think. Instead of something just "developing," there is an explicit agreement to "go on a date." It takes the ambiguity out of it, it doesn't make friendships weird, but you also get a higher rejection rate, because you eliminate all of the people who want that plausible deniability of retroactively making something "not a date" if they weren't feeling it, but also don't want to technically be rejecting you. "Oh, we were just hanging out."

Old 03-12-2019, 10:42 PM   #3980
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_soaker View Post
reminds me of trying to mold a self-portrait out of antacid tablets and gradeschool paste in the shower

Old 03-12-2019, 10:49 PM   #3981
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Despite all my rage
I actually considered making a "D'Arcy has died" bait shitpost on the SP board for a second or two but then thought better of it for a variety of reasons.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:16 PM   #3982
ilikeplanets
Braindead

that's some real sad sex

Old 03-12-2019, 11:23 PM   #3983
myosis
Minion of Satan

have you ever been ghosted on an already set up actual date? like the person doesn't show up, doesn't take or return calls and never explains afterwards when you actually get a hold of them from a payphone?

Old 03-12-2019, 11:37 PM   #3984
Disco King
Minion of Satan

You mean stood up? Yeah, I've been stood up.

I never got a hold of them afterward, though. I didn't call them from another number, because they would probably find that creepy.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:40 PM   #3985
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I even felt weird about calling them instead of texting when I was stood up.

"Can you believe it? He actually called me! Like, with his voice, over the phone. That's soo creepy!"

Old 03-13-2019, 12:20 AM   #3986
LaBelle
Socialphobic

In my experience going on formal dates is largely a waste of time.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:23 AM   #3987
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Damn, you must've had to make a whole lot of beds to get past that one.

What is the ballpark population of your city/town/village/hamlet, the_farewell_party?

Old 03-13-2019, 12:25 AM   #3988
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Aren't you just the breaker of flows, LarBelle.

angryface.jpg

Old 03-13-2019, 12:27 AM   #3989
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Almost 1 hour between posts!

Old 03-13-2019, 12:33 AM   #3990
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Great minds think three minutes apart, then. I can be positive, too.