Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-03-2018, 05:04 PM   #31
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
let's just say it like it is though, these days the world is mostly run by massive, antagonizing corporations, and stealing does not hold the same weight it did 30 years ago

not saying that essentially stealing from blockbuster was ok, necessarily, but nowadays there could be very many forms of victimless thefts and i could give zero fucks if a corporation cries a little river for a missing 5$ item
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

Really love that the moral center of the board is the guy with the Beavis & Butt-Head avatar.

Old 02-03-2018, 05:05 PM   #32
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Also, re: fuzzy's original post -- I am really happy for you that there is still a place on Earth that has a massive stock of Minions DVDs and Monster energy drink.

Old 02-03-2018, 05:06 PM   #33
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Old 02-04-2018, 07:00 AM   #34
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Heaven needs to be retuned to the store next Thursday

Old 02-04-2018, 07:01 AM   #35
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Or you will accrue fines

Old 02-04-2018, 10:05 AM   #36
ilikeplanets
Braindead

If I was drinking coffee I would have spat it out just then

Old 02-04-2018, 11:33 AM   #37
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
let's just say it like it is though, these days the world is mostly run by massive, antagonizing corporations, and stealing does not hold the same weight it did 30 years ago

not saying that essentially stealing from blockbuster was ok, necessarily, but nowadays there could be very many forms of victimless thefts and i could give zero fucks if a corporation cries a little river for a missing 5$ item
not that it needs reiterating, but I agree and a big moral lesson I have come to understand as an adult is that categorical imperatives are stupid. It's context that matters

Old 02-05-2018, 06:36 PM   #38
Dust and Ashes
Oblivious Virgin

Have you guys ever seen the Blockbuster Twitter feed?

...I don't actually have a Twitter account, so I just read about Twitter through other sources, like this one here:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/farrahpenn/...KN0#.hjMr466W8

"A lot of people don't know this but we own a large portion of Netflix. Just kidding our electricity just got shut off."