Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2018, 03:25 PM   #2221
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

I hope they let us know when they’ll be telling us a date when they’ll announce some info on what these dates mean soon

Old 06-14-2018, 04:23 PM   #2222
bigoltitties
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Exactly same here! I was afraid they would book Dublin while I'm on holidays in Brazil, but I'll be back if it's happening in October!
Same again. Few Dubliners here obviously. Gowan the lads.

Old 06-14-2018, 04:29 PM   #2223
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Shit on this tour. Billy cant sing in tune. Release great new music and u get some airplay. Not that forgettable solala

Old 06-14-2018, 05:58 PM   #2224
fuzzyroes
Banned

Gotta hand it to Billy, there really seems to be a rejuvenated appetite for the band. Promoters and the fans really seem to be on board for the reunion.

I wasn't sure if it would fly.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:29 PM   #2225
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Gotta hand it to Billy, there really seems to be a rejuvenated appetite for the band. Promoters and the fans really seem to be on board for the reunion.

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=186374

Old 06-15-2018, 05:41 AM   #2226
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

Wembley Arena is a fucking nasty venue. It was built as a swimming pool, and still has the acoustic properties of one. 12,500 capacity, so they'll probably hang a screen about 1/4 of the way back, which might help a little.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:06 AM   #2227
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoltitties View Post
Same again. Few Dubliners here obviously. Gowan the lads.
I just checked 3 Arena website.

Only a few free dates:
1st - 5th
8th + 9th
15th - 18th
23rd
27th

Old 06-15-2018, 06:42 AM   #2228
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

imagine they'd go for Vicar Street, same size as Metro Chicago. for that, I think I'd throw out my entire disinterest regarding this tour and travel.

so what's next, we have London, Rome - Paris and Berlin?

Corgan's Bluff what exactly did we bet, how many gigs on Euro grounds? and please check the charts, I wanna know if Solara scores....

(found it, I will have lost the bet the second they play gig number 5 in Euro within 12 months. And Solara has to make it into the US indie top 20. in short, this bet really sucked!)

update: billboard sucks even more. last thing I find is One and All. The bet is really-really over say 10 days after the video release of Solara? https://www.billboard.com/music/the-...y/rock-airplay

Last edited by pavementtune : 06-15-2018 at 07:06 AM.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:56 AM   #2229
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

A hard pass for me.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:16 AM   #2230
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

you Dublin folks should go and see Chelsea Wolfe at Tivoli Theatre in late July. She is great live. oh. with Ministry. well nevermind then, I guess!

Old 06-15-2018, 08:01 AM   #2231
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

https://www.axs.com/uk/events/356517...f=ukaffthelist

Old 06-15-2018, 08:24 AM   #2232
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
imagine they'd go for Vicar Street, same size as Metro Chicago. for that, I think I'd throw out my entire disinterest regarding this tour and travel.

Corgan's Bluff what exactly did we bet, how many gigs on Euro grounds? and please check the charts, I wanna know if Solara scores....

(found it, I will have lost the bet the second they play gig number 5 in Euro within 12 months. And Solara has to make it into the US indie top 20. in short, this bet really sucked!)

update: billboard sucks even more. last thing I find is One and All. The bet is really-really over say 10 days after the video release of Solara? https://www.billboard.com/music/the-...y/rock-airplay
I haven't been to any concerts in Vicar Street, but I'd love if they played The Olympia or The Academy. I saw Mercury Rev, Afghan Whigs and Ride at the Olympia and frightened rabbit at the academy and I really like the acoustic of both places.

The Olympia is a little but bigger then Vicar.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:40 AM   #2233
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Olympia and Vicar Street would be too small, given the so called "Broadway" style big show they'll be putting on.

I'd say it'll be 3 Arena. Hopefully not the RDS again, the sound was brutal the last time.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #2234
slayed23
Ownz

They are only going to London on the 16th and Bologna, Italy on the 18th.

Probably testing the waters to see how well they sell the arenas at those 2 places.

They should just go to South America and Asia. Most SP fans there than Europe for some weird reason.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:16 AM   #2235
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
I haven't been to any concerts in Vicar Street, but I'd love if they played The Olympia or The Academy. I saw Mercury Rev, Afghan Whigs and Ride at the Olympia and frightened rabbit at the academy and I really like the acoustic of both places.

The Olympia is a little but bigger then Vicar.
yea been to both, but Vicar Street happens to be my favorite venue on this planet. You gotta go, maybe when the full line-up of the Frames or Hansard & guests hit it next time in winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
They are only going to London on the 16th and Bologna, Italy on the 18th.
huh? I figured Italy would be Rome. will they play Munich instead of Berlin and Marseille instead of Paris, or what is this...

Old 06-15-2018, 09:40 AM   #2236
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
yea been to both, but Vicar Street happens to be my favorite venue on this planet. You gotta go, maybe when the full line-up of the Frames or Hansard & guests hit it next time in winter.

huh? I figured Italy would be Rome. will they play Munich instead of Berlin and Marseille instead of Paris, or what is this...
Billy posted the shows on his instagram.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:59 AM   #2237
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

I always try to go when Glen / Frames play vicar but it's usually pricey and ticks sell out pretty quick!

Old 06-15-2018, 02:52 PM   #2238
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Only for two concerts going to Europe this year? Pretty weird...
I guess they test how they can sell now in Europe and maybe add other dates later around them.

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 06-15-2018 at 02:57 PM.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:07 PM   #2239
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Arrow

Quote:

A message from AJC

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

More than four concerts in Europe within a year was my guess and no top 20 entry in the charts.
https://www.billboard.com/charts/alternative-songs

Well, maybe they have in this genre:
https://www.billboard.com/charts/comedy-albums

Maybe a cover of Toto's "Hold The Line" could bring the Smashing Pumpkins back in the charts:
https://www.stereogum.com/2001322/wa...-kimmel/video/

Or a cover of a Weezer...

Maybe a new version of New Order's "Blue Monday", with their Peter Hook's son JACK BATES as an official full band member of the season 2019?

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 06-16-2018 at 02:44 AM.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:38 AM   #2240
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post

Gotta hand it to Billy for being outed as a total psychopath, discrediting his accuser without directly addressing any of the accusations, and still carrying on his plans to make tons of money to offset the “hole” he’s in from professional wrestling. What a guy.

Old 06-16-2018, 03:31 AM   #2241
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Meanwhile Marilyn Manson and A Perfect Circle played in Europe at the famous "Rock am Ring" festival.
Looks like A Perfect Circle did without a second guitarist on their European excursion.

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 06-16-2018 at 03:49 AM.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:35 AM   #2242
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Meanwhile Marilyn Manson and A Perfect Circle played in Europe at the famous "Rock am Ring" festival.
Looks like A Perfect Circle did without a second guitarist on their European excursion.
I just watched some of that Perfect Circle set and I have absolutely no idea what their appeal is or what they are going for. They're too bro to be goth, they're not metal, they have no hooks - so what is it? Is there really that much of a Tool following that this band just floats off of Tool's audience?

The fact that they're playing shows that big is mind boggling.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:48 AM   #2243
T&T
Socialphobic

that's precisely how I've always felt about APC. I just don't get it.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:25 AM   #2244
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah I think they’re something for Tool fans to listen to while waiting for the next Tool album???

Old 06-16-2018, 10:32 AM   #2245
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Mer de noms was pretty good iirc, sort of a baroque nihilistic art metal thing going on with some fun maynarding around, certainly I’d rather revisit that than any of bill’s “sp” trash post-2000

Old 06-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #2246
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

I love Mer De Noms... nothing at all like Tool... but the albums after that grew steadily more boring and they soon became a Tool-lite. This new album is just yawn inducing and that artwork is atrocious. I guess they were going for Hot Topic chic.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:47 AM   #2247
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

beck, muse, arctic monkeys, foo fighters..all in the top 40, SOlara not even mentioned..... that prooves how bad the song is.....

great comeback

Old 06-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #2248
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

First APC album was good. Everything they've done since has been mediocre at best. The second album didn't even sound like the same band.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:23 PM   #2249
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

APC’s new album is genuinely one of the most boring albums I’ve heard in a long time. It reminds me of Bush’s Razorblade Suitcase. A bunch of midtempo songs with no hooks and barely any dynamics that all run together.

Old 06-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #2250
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Disagree about Razorblade Suitcase, that album is a real grower. Still holds up well after all these years.