Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-17-2018, 10:38 PM   #241
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laundro View Post
B0lly is out of his fucking rocker if he thinks he'll manage to get some big sized crowds on those arenas. At best, he can hope for some ZG tour crowds, and even then that's unlikely to happen.

I'll be waiting for the eventual Craigslist postings searching for attractive models to fill some seats, like the Oceania dvd
I wouldn't underestimate the potential for this tour's business, though I do think with D'arcy they could have headlined a few big festivals. It's probably a tougher sell to Coachella and Lollapalooza without all four of them.

But there's a lot less competition now when it comes to 90's alternative rock bands, Billy out there with basically what the Pumpkins was from 1996-2000 (3/4 of the original lineup) is one of the last legitimate lineups out there for fans of Grunge style rock.

Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, and Temple of the Dog will never play again with their real lineups (though AIC have done a very respectable job of moving on with good success without Layne). This is also the first time Billy has really embraced nostalgia with the marketing, and nostalgia sells. When people see the pics of the Siamese Dream girls are all grown up and shit, they're going to want to go to the tour to relive their youth.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:01 PM   #242
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Why are their hands dirty though? Were they smoking hard?

Old 02-17-2018, 11:35 PM   #243
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Grown up elves with smoky hands?

On such a special day in SP history, I want to take a moment to thank Ali and LySandra, who you might know were the little girls that I stood by and watched have their picture taken some 23 years ago (on what was a perfect LA afternoon). Never realizing that this moment in time would forever tie usr, and go on to become such an iconic image in rock history. What's amazing is their chemistry with one another still leaps through the camera to this day and yet if memory serves they'd never met before that Siamese shoot. Which tells me their coming together, and the beauty that Melodie's shot captures, of youth and innocence, was meant to be SP's own, personal lucky star. So thank you thank you thank you Ali and LySandra, we adore you, and having you be a part of today's launch brings tears to my eyes. For life goes fast, and I can still see you in my mind's eye wearing crisp white dresses in a stranger's backyard, looking like little Mother Mary's, smiling and laughing into the sun.

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

williampcorgan
"On such a special day in SP history, I want to take a moment to thank Ali and LySandra, who you might know were the little girls that I stood by and watched have their picture taken some 23 years ago (on what was a perfect LA afternoon). Never realizing that this moment in time would forever tie usr, and go on to become such an iconic image in rock history. What's amazing is their chemistry with one another still leaps through the camera to this day and yet if memory serves they'd never met before that Siamese shoot. Which tells me their coming together, and the beauty that Melodie's shot captures, of youth and innocence, was meant to be SP's own, personal lucky star. So thank you thank you thank you Ali and LySandra, we adore you, and having you be a part of today's launch brings tears to my eyes. For life goes fast, and I can still see you in my mind's eye wearing crisp white dresses in a stranger's backyard, looking like little Mother Mary's, smiling and laughing into the sun."
I'm not gonna lie, that IS super fucking cool that they reunited the SD girls! Instantly recognizable when you see em in that get-up, even when it's 25 years later!.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:39 PM   #244
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Just creepy nostalgia:

It's a pretty awesome metaphor if you ask me... It's a perfect representation of where the Pumpkins are at... At the time of Siamese Dream they were the young, happening band with everything going for em, then everything went to shit and they were put through the wringer, and here they are reemerged with all the scars and baggage to show... Just like the SD girls are made up to look 23 years later in the shoot. The appearance of the SD girls in the promo is supposed to represent the equivalency of what's happened to the Smashing Pumpkins since Siamese Dream. They're no longer the fresh faced, youthful, sky is the limit group of people... They're now older, darker, bitter and put through the wringer

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 02-17-2018 at 11:46 PM.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:44 PM   #245
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
that's probably a stupid linda idea to make the band 'look dark and gloomy'. ugh.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:05 AM   #246
fuzzyroes
Banned

Everyone always hates on Linda Strawberry, but I kinda like her.

She's a classic tragic figure...

If you look at her social media she was someone who grew up wanting to be a celebrity, wanting to be famous, wanting to be a star but she didn't have the charisma or talent to make it...

Now she's approaching 40 years of age and her only source of attention and curiosity comes from the fact that she's a friend of Billy Corgan. So she is milking that for every ounce of milk it's worth and finds herself having to desperately kick around Smashing Pumpkins fan communities in hopes that she'll receive attention that she always so desperately dreamed of. Of course the Billy Corgan knuckledraggers are all too excited to oblige, and it's really a match made in Heaven.

It's a sad situation.

Linda is a beautiful woman. Her husband clearly isn't doing it for her, or giving her enough attention. I just wanna give Linda Strawberry a hug...

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 02-18-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:23 AM   #247
Laundro
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
I wouldn't underestimate the potential for this tour's business, though I do think with D'arcy they could have headlined a few big festivals. It's probably a tougher sell to Coachella and Lollapalooza without all four of them.

But there's a lot less competition now when it comes to 90's alternative rock bands, Billy out there with basically what the Pumpkins was from 1996-2000 (3/4 of the original lineup) is one of the last legitimate lineups out there for fans of Grunge style rock.

Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, and Temple of the Dog will never play again with their real lineups (though AIC have done a very respectable job of moving on with good success without Layne). This is also the first time Billy has really embraced nostalgia with the marketing, and nostalgia sells. When people see the pics of the Siamese Dream girls are all grown up and shit, they're going to want to go to the tour to relive their youth.
You have a point that, apart from Pearl Jam, they don't have too much competition on that front.

But I still think some of those venues are ridiculous, like MSG, Air Canada Centre, Wells Fargo. I don't doubt that it's probably gonna atract more people than the last 5 tours did, but I'm still hesitant to believe that it's suddenly gonna turn gangbusters and fill every conceivable venue.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:56 AM   #248
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post

If you look at her social media she was someone who grew up wanting to be a celebrity, wanting to be famous, wanting to be a star but she didn't have the charisma or talent to make it...

Now she's approaching 40 years of age and her only source of attention and curiosity comes from the fact that she's a friend of Billy Corgan. So she is milking that for every ounce of milk it's worth and finds herself having to desperately kick around Smashing Pumpkins fan communities in hopes that she'll receive attention that she always so desperately dreamed of. Of course the Billy Corgan knuckledraggers are all too excited to oblige, and it's really a match made in Heaven.

It's a sad situation.

Linda is a beautiful woman. Her husband clearly isn't doing it for her, or giving her enough attention. I just wanna give Linda Strawberry a hug...
you're wrong.
linda is stupid and has bad taste
everything she touches goes lame.
she's one of the yes people that billy surrounds himself with and it only diminishes him.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:02 AM   #249
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Cut the dude some slack. He's drunk and horny.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:13 AM   #250
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Don't play too much with fire... #grilledhands

The SP going out in flames. How symbolic!

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 02-18-2018 at 03:21 AM.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:41 AM   #251
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Corgan himself often said that they have no solid fan base. The way he treated D'arcy, with letting Linda Strawberry and Mancow Muller do the dirty work, when things completely soured, was disgusting. They should have met before any recordings and tour plans and help D'arcy to be fit enough for a comeback with the band.
"Casual" fans won't get the nostalgia vibe how things ended up. I'm sure the tour concept in this dimension will now become a disaster.
And maybe Live Nation will blame Corgan for it and sue him...?

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 02-18-2018 at 03:48 AM.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:02 AM   #252
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post

It's a sad situation.

Linda is a beautiful woman. Her husband clearly isn't doing it for her, or giving her enough attention. I just wanna give Linda Strawberry a fuck...
I only want to kick her -black belt like- in the ass for this way of attention seeking...

Old 02-18-2018, 03:15 AM   #253
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Finally, more than three months after I messaged Linda Strawdingle on Facebook to be having an embarrasing problem with the calibration of her cover photo there, she fixed her mistake.

https://scontent-frt3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...eb&oe=5B129666

https://scontent-frt3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...a4&oe=5B0BD580

Old 02-18-2018, 08:59 AM   #254
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

Quote:

...which they won't be able to do because Jeff Noodletits is wanking all over their favourite songs.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:07 AM   #255
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywontyoulistn View Post
...which they won't be able to do because Jeff Noodletits is wanking all over their favourite songs.
Billy sells it like this:

"@jamesihaofficial and I are going to a 3-guitar supershoegaze alignment for the tour. So expect crazy hyper-sonic recreations of the first 5 SP albums."

Old 02-18-2018, 09:11 AM   #256
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

It's funny how Billy, Jimmy and Jeff posted about the upcoming tour straight after the video was released, but James did nothing.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:19 AM   #257
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Linda Strawdingle nearly killed some Pumpkins with her chosen shooting location!

lindastrawberry
This @smashingpumpkins promo shot was taken by —-> @oliviabee - 📸 who is so amazing and I’m so excited she was able to come shoot the band. This was taken at this wild eccentric location I found called MoonFire Ranch - the thing about this location is that it is only accessible by a dirt road. Not just any dirt road...this road was TERRIFYING. I grew up driving mountain roads but this was pretty narrow and on a cliff. Everyone saw their lives flash before their eyes. And all day we all knew we had to go back the same way we came... what an adventure. Look up that place you’ll see what I mean. 😂 #smashingpumpkins #oliviabee

Old 02-18-2018, 09:20 AM   #258
inkless
Ownz

james is not social
the tour start a 12 jul ...

Old 02-18-2018, 09:29 AM   #259
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

https://i.imgur.com/KxEAdn5.png

Poles growing out of people's heads...that's a big no-no in portrait photography.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:36 AM   #260
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Billy has chosen the picture for him strong, cool looking...

Old 02-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #261
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

https://i.imgur.com/3XWug02.png

Old 02-18-2018, 09:49 AM   #262
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
It's funny how Billy, Jimmy and Jeff posted about the upcoming tour straight after the video was released, but James did nothing.
Not really it's not like James is known for talking and self promotion.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:51 AM   #263
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

https://i.imgur.com/yPO7weB.png

Old 02-18-2018, 10:13 AM   #264
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

The framework Billy has his hand on reminds me of:

http://www.worldgateentertainment.co...?crc=527506289

How apt that only Jimmy and Jeff are connected.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:33 AM   #265
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

James Iha at least retweetet the Smashing Pumpkins tour trailer on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/James_Iha

Only Corgan and Schroeder mention the Pumpkins in their Instagram headlines.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:58 AM   #266
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

The Moonfire Ranch:

http://www.moonfireranch.com

http://www.moonfireranch.com/gallery/

THE STORY
Moonfire Ranch is a premiere Los Angeles venue with a storied and star-studded history beginning with S&H Green Stamp heir Lewis Beach Marvin III purchasing this Topanga Canyon mountain property in 1957 to becoming one of the most recognizable backdrops for movies, photo shoots and music videos in Southern California.

Moon Fire Temple is a sacred garden temple located in the Santa Monica Mountains with a 360 degree panoramic view overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Malibu and the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area.

The temple was built for the 1966 Paul Newman film, Harper, and is featured prominently as The Temple in the Clouds. Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and The Doors performed at the Moon Fire Temple regularly during the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Artists who have featured their work include; Andy Warhol, David Nelson Rose, Bon Jovi, Mastodon, Thrill Kill Cult, 80's hairband Dokken's music video "Walk Away", Tommy Chong in Far Out Man and numerous Playboy shoots.

Movies, Magazines and Music Videos include:

Harper (Paul Newman film)
The Stone Killer (Charles Bronson film)
Far Out Man (Tommy Chong film)
Tarzan (Andy Warhol film)
Mondo Hollywood (film)
ESPN w/ Phoenix Suns center Tyson Chandler
Five Knives (punk rock band music video)
Walk Away (Dokken music video)
Ollin Ixtli (Aztec Dance Group)
Babylon A.D.
Elle Magazine
Maxim magazine
Bebe magazine
Italian Vogue magazine
Vogue magazine
Violet magazine
High Times
Amica magazine
Urban Outfitters

Moonfire Ranch is now available for bookings. Welcoming all motion pictures, movie shoots, photo shoots, music video productions, and artistic events.

https://la.curbed.com/2012/12/28/102...s-hippie-ranch

Take a 1967 Visit to Topanga's Green Stamps Hippie Ranch
We wouldn't think they'd let the squares from the Wall Street Journal up to the Moon Fire Ranch in Topanga Canyon, but they did, and they return with tales of the infamous hippie spot that hosted the Doors and the Mansons alike (Even if you've never heard of it, it's iconic, you know?). Lewis Beach Marvin III, the heir to the totally uncool S&H Green Stamps fortune (they were those stamps you'd get at the grocery store that you could trade in for prizes), bought the property in 1957 for $15,000 and "Over the next two decades, Mr. Marvin's estate became part-salon, part-muse for his motley crew of artistic friends." Those friends included, naturally, George Harrison, Andy Warhol, Tommy Chong, and Jim Morrison, as well as the Manson Family, supposedly, although the WSJ doesn't mention them.

The property is known especially for its Moon Fire Temple, but Marvin also raised his kids there--living spaces are spread between three buildings: the Round House, "a two-story living room built inside a water tank-like building whose interior includes porous rainforest-wood walls, a giant chandelier and 20-foot tall windows looking out on the Santa Monica Bay far below," and a geodesic dome that connects "to a trailer housing a kitchen next to one of the home's two bedrooms." There's just one bathroom. Power comes from solar panels and a backup generator; water comes from the sky. There are many stories out there of crazy llamas on the property as well.

It's hard to get a consistent accounting of the Moon Fire, but according to Ed Sanders's book The Family, "the place had been constructed for a 1966 movie called Harper, starring Paul Newman and ****** Bacall ... In the film, the structure on the high hill above the Pacific belonged to a "religious fanatic" to serve as a "Temple in the clouds." Sanders also writes that "occult ceremonies had occurred" at the ranch and says a police source showed him where the Manson Family had painted cultic circles in the temple in 1970.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:05 PM   #267
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywontyoulistn View Post
The framework Billy has his hand on reminds me of:

http://www.worldgateentertainment.co...?crc=527506289

How apt that only Jimmy and Jeff are connected.
Whoa!!! You're absolutely right! Billy is holding the scaffold that connects to Jimmy and Jeff's heads, and only James remains unconnected. This is like some spooky subconscious shit.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #268
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Sick of strawberries

lindastrawberry
This @smashingpumpkins promo shot was taken by —-> @oliviabee - 📸 who is so amazing and I’m so excited she was able to come shoot the band. This was taken at this wild eccentric location I found called MoonFire Ranch - the thing about this location is that it is only accessible by a dirt road. Not just any dirt road...this road was TERRIFYING. I grew up driving mountain roads but this was pretty narrow and on a cliff. Everyone saw their lives flash before their eyes. And all day we all knew we had to go back the same way we came... what an adventure. Look up that place you’ll see what I mean. 😂 #smashingpumpkins #oliviabee[/quote]

Why choose this moonfire ranch when cant seen anything but their faces and a tree?

Stupid Linda. What´s her job? Musician? WAnnabe Celebtritiy?

Old 02-18-2018, 12:19 PM   #269
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Messaging Linda to tell her that her Facebook background pic is not aligned correctly is some sad machines level creepy shit.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:52 PM   #270
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
The D'Arcy situation + name of the tour =

https://media.giphy.com/media/joV1k1sNOT5xC/giphy.gif
lol yes, this silly tour name is definitely a reliable portent of bad things for a band that sold what like 15 million copies of an album called uhhh *checks notes* Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness

I mean, I think the tour will be shit too, but ragging on Bill for giving things dumb pretentious names is like hacking on a Star Wars movie for not being realistic.