Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2018, 01:41 AM   #811
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm starting to think whatever the reasons, BC, JC and JI actually did do this/this little because they felt they had no other real choice.

Assuming the worst of people - yeah, I could normally believe that BC would exclude anyone he felt like depending what time of day it is, and we could assume Jimmy would prefer not to have to deal with her because they never gelled as a rhythm section. Sure. But what gets me is why the fuck James would agree to even contribute to this much without her. Point in fact it's a good reason for him not to want to get too involved which could explain his limited presence.

Without defaulting to the "because BC's an asshole" argument as the easy and only answer, after months of hyping this shit up, turning around and excluding her makes no sense - he's just shooting himself in the fucking foot. He stands way more to gain if he has a full deck to bill a reunion tour with. He fucking knows this.

I don't want to throw shade at her or cast aspersions on her health one way or another, but it would make sense that they could only agree to do this much at all if there were absolutely no other choice and knew it was as far as they were all comfortable getting.

You've got Bill going "She's lost her mind" now and his little #BeCarefulWhatYouWishFor hashtag earlier, which I figured was some kind of warning. That kind of shit makes a lot of sense if he actually does believe she's unwell, and it may go for all three of them at this point. Which would fit with the speculation that they did try to get her back, saw it wasn't possible, and so the end result is just incredibly fucking sad - a typically badly handled and horribly mangled attempt to cover up and downplay the seriousness of the whole situation.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:53 AM   #812
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Take that shit to sad machines Grox

Old 02-13-2018, 02:16 AM   #813
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

LINDA STRAWdingle serious bitching on D'ARCY, part two:

ozzyrhdsCan it be 2005 again and just have fun going up the coast on the future embrace tour @spazzalyn

brandiutley327Done reading about this , just looking forward to Thursday and whatever awesomeness @williampcorgan has in store for us🖤🤘🏻

bosseadamIce cream trucks.

spazzalyn@ozzyrhds it feels like a Billion years ago when we did that 🤣 That was a fun week and a half but I dunno if I can bounce back like that now...these old bones
art_of_frb@bhldthnghtmr33

rkolemonjackSad, but whatever her reasons we have to respect them and hope that she is happy and doing well.

bosseadamLemme just say I believe 100% the billy James jimmy side of the story, but as a fan I’m still sad to see there’s bad blood going here at all, and I’ll grieve for 5 minutes and get over it. But the “get excited about ice cream trucks” just seems like a shallow thing to say in the same breath as this statement. But whatever, can’t wait to hear the new music!

lindastrawberry@bosseadam I’m just saying have fun. The rest of it is something that should have stayed behind the curtain. It doesn’t matter.

bosseadam@lindastrawberry I get that (have fun), but kinda hard to do that (behind curtain) in 2018 where everything can be accessed and found so easily on the WWW.

francis.the.first@lindastrawberry this.

johnnelsmusic@bosseadam Can't save everyone.

matt.gainerWhat this says to me is that the door remains open slightly for her to be able to join them at a show or on tour at some point. The ball remains in her court. 2/15/18 can’t get here soon enough.

brosdalegovThis reminds me of the Hindu Vedas with the Goddess Kali. You invite the Dark Mother at your peril.

lynkakrollTo each their own...her loss.

aperzigianPretty sure you can rock a bass @lindastrawberry ... just sayin’

lindastrawberry@aperzigian i play. I’m not good enough though

lindastrawberry@brosdalegov I’m going to look that up. Sounds like a cool video concept.

lindastrawberry@bosseadam ya. That’s why so much in the business has to be done with NDA’s to keep some mystique! Entertainers live to entertain... this isn’t a reality show...

brosdalegov@lindastrawberry She's an interesting goddess for sure.

adamdevilleartShe's been posting Billy's texts on her facebook btw.

lindastrawberry@adamdevilleart who cares. She’s posting snippets of a larger conversation. The greater point being the statement above.

aperzigian@lindastrawberry As if the fire needs more fuel, but I’m not so sure “not good enough” applies to SP bassists. And I mean that lovingly, as a lifelong fan. LS for bass in 2018!

lindastrawberry@aperzigian 😂😂😂

robertcdickRegardless of what happened I'm still and will always be a fan. 1992 was when my mind was blown wide open with the sound of The Smashing Pumpkins.
relatingshipsHoping this is some **** art concept
mi_chellepulseThank you...

gabriel.erick000sD'arcy's really disappointing something really beautiful and unifying that could happen. This is truly sad and disingenuous of her, and I'm honestly surprised; it seemed like this time the hatchet was buried and no old cheap tactics would be used. Wrong. May God take care of matters like this. Love the Pumpkins forever ♥️

spaceboy1020@lindastrawberry I just wanna hear the first four tracks from Gish live! I heard it might be Jack Bates on bass if it’s not really you. Haha! 🎃

johnathanglassNot to be rude but I don’t see what D’arcy could possibly do for the band that Nicole can’t do better. Other than introduce drama...

shukormolaAll the best d'arcy..thanks james, billy & jimmy for reunion..missed old lineup.. @lindastrawberry thanks for sharing the info..hope SP coming to Malaysia again..to all pumpkinheads have a great day & listening to SP😊✌️

jonah.mcgarvaVery well put, if you ask me.

thekillingmoon79Pumpkin's for life! Billy is (as most people know, or should) the mastermind behind the magic. Darcy was completely replaceable. @williampcorgan IS @smashingpumpkins 🤘🏻

thekillingmoon79Side note: you complimented @williampcorgan beautifully on The Future Embrace tour! We spoke briefly in ATL! 🤗🍓💕🤘🏼

ivanamixalotThis is all still cool as ice cream 🎃 I'm loving all of the excitement and antici....pation. well played SP.

jamiehalischak@lindastrawberry I really enjoyed Monuments and all the Teargarden stuff (especially Tom Tom, that is a killer song that sadly most are unaware of!). I can’t wait to see what comes next!

Old 02-13-2018, 02:37 AM   #814
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Gotta love all the pathetic asskissing going on there in the comments.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:59 AM   #815
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Next

Old 02-13-2018, 03:09 AM   #816
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

How the PUMPKINS hype will end up...

https://fwtc.files.wordpress.com/200...in_017_dxo.jpg

Old 02-13-2018, 03:49 AM   #817
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old 02-13-2018, 04:16 AM   #818
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

Context?

Old 02-13-2018, 04:26 AM   #819
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
Context?

I have no idea if he's referring to D'Arcy.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:46 AM   #820
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

It's actually Jeff. He's about to shred Billy a new hole to poop out of.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:47 AM   #821
Cool As Ice Cream

BRETT BUTTCANNON!!!1

Old 02-13-2018, 04:48 AM   #822
Cool As Ice Cream

and then monty will tell billy and then billy will have his lawyers shut down alternative nation. then end.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:49 AM   #823
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

:spit:

Old 02-13-2018, 04:50 AM   #824
FoolofaTook

Jeff "Buttshredder" Shroeder

Old 02-13-2018, 05:57 AM   #825
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Confirmed!

>>>

"Alternative Nation will be publishing the first in-depth interview with D’arcy in the last 20 years within the next day."

---

"Smashing Pumpkins’ D’arcy Shares Billy Corgan’s ‘Guns N’ Roses’ Reunion Offer

Original Smashing Pumpkins bassist D’arcy has sent Alternative Nation the following text message conversations she alleges she had with Billy Corgan in January, including his pitch to involve her as a guest like Steven Adler on Guns N’ Roses’ Not In This Lifetime tour.

Alternative Nation will be publishing the first in-depth interview with D’arcy in the last 20 years within the next day. We also have an open offer to Billy Corgan, James Iha, and Jimmy Chamberlin to share their side of the story."

https://www.alternativenation.net/sm...reunion-offer/

Old 02-13-2018, 06:03 AM   #826
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

so Billy was trying to make it work. He was trying to ease her back into it, which was probably the right approach.

What went wrong?

Also, looks like we're going to be getting a huge show! Broadway style! Lights! Exciting!

Old 02-13-2018, 06:23 AM   #827
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
so Billy was trying to make it work. He was trying to ease her back into it, which was probably the right approach.

What went wrong?

Also, looks like we're going to be getting a huge show! Broadway style! Lights! Exciting!
You're acting weird. I have a feeling you're Buttcannon.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:28 AM   #828
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuzzledMuzzle View Post
You're acting weird. I have a feeling you're Buttcannon.
I'm afraid not, in fact, I didn't know who this "Buttcannon" was until last week.

Just looking at things from a different perspective is all. The D'arcy interview might shed some light on what happened.

And unless she says "I'm never coming back" then the door might still be open.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:40 AM   #829
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
I'm afraid not, in fact, I didn't know who this "Buttcannon" was until last week.

Just looking at things from a different perspective is all. The D'arcy interview might shed some light on what happened.

And unless she says "I'm never coming back" then the door might still be open.
I've got my eyes on you. Buttcannon.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:46 AM   #830
FoolofaTook

Eviltimebuttcannon

Old 02-13-2018, 06:50 AM   #831
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Eviltimebuttcannon

Old 02-13-2018, 07:20 AM   #832
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:

First he said it was a 2 hour interview, now it's a 4 hour interview:

Old 02-13-2018, 07:21 AM   #833
TuralyonW3
Immortal

pop. Fuxking. Corn

Old 02-13-2018, 07:33 AM   #834
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

heeeeeeeeeee'll yea

Old 02-13-2018, 07:34 AM   #835
Disarmu
Pledge

So I read all the apparent text messages Billy sent DArcy and he seems quite genuine in his attempts tp bring her back in a way which is acceptable to her and the band. All those on here that have been lashing out at the way Billy has handled this may need to re-evaluate .

Old 02-13-2018, 07:36 AM   #836
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

right, it is really genuine to reach out once the entire arena sell out tour is already set up. no meeting necessary, you don't actually matter as long as you play along. no pressure. you can't? good thing I never intended to fully involve you anyway, but yo, can you do our headlines a favor and pop up for a song now and then? thanks!

good luck with moving that thing out of the US, arena-style. the biggest german music site already has a nice headline on page 1 "wurde D'arcy von Billy Corgan verarscht?" aka bolly taking the piss. https://www.rollingstone.de/

Old 02-13-2018, 07:41 AM   #837
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't take it like that. He was talking about being friends with her again last year (or was it even the year before). I'm sure at that point he was asking her was she on for a tour and she must've said that she was. He had no reason to doubt it wouldn't happen I'm sure, so no reason why he wouldn't have booked the tour.

At some point, something happened to make him doubt D'arcy's ability to do it.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #838
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

yes, you absolutely book an arena tour without having met once in 19 years. no reason not to.

but hey she lost it because this is maybe a bit much. good thing he realized that in time and spared her the stress he set up. puh!

Old 02-13-2018, 08:02 AM   #839
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Fey Wutt; 18 minutes ago. No. I asked billy if there was any chance at all to play bass for the tour. He laughed at me and said, "You think you can play better than Jack Bates?!"
and i said , "just say i did. is the ANY CHANCE that i could be the tour bassist?" and he said "no"

you need to read that again son. Also: i couldn't get to LA.
I had a torn rotator cuff.

She just posted this on the linked article as a response to some guy.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:03 AM   #840
pavementtune

Jack Bates is in for a fun tour. already seemed to have a lot of fun on the last tour. nodding off and such. lol.
at least we can all get off jeff's back in terms of stage presence and vibe. you think that's a snoozer? ha, we got Jack Bates!