Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2019, 04:41 PM   #31
smashingjj
netphoria deep state

I seem to remember you having posted pics before, am i right?

Old 07-06-2019, 05:10 PM   #32
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Location: Trump first sold Hawaii to the Japanese to now be right saying Barack Obama isn't born in the United States. -Crognan's Bluff

No, I keep my hobbit in hiding.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:29 PM   #33
fuzzyroes
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Yeah, only $250. Didn't really care about the money though. I told them I'd do it for free if they drove to my place to do it. They initially wanted to do it in Hollywood but I said I wouldn't do it unless they could do it near LAX, hate driving to Hollywood. Some British lady interviewed me in a hotel lobby, with a British guy also on via Skype. First asked about the early Gish era, success of Siamese Dream and Billy's mental health issues recording it, and rivalries with some other 90's bands, asked me about the distinct personalities of the members, Jimmy's firing when Melvoin died, and some other stuff. They also asked about how D'arcy mentioned in my interview having a miscarriage. They asked about D'arcy's drug issues but I just restated what she said in the interview in very vague terms, that she had some issues but eventually got clean.

I then summed up 2000-2016 in a 4-5 minute monologue since they didn't ask any questions about it really, outside of one thing about the 2005 announcement I think. Then we talked about the interview I did with D'arcy, and her take on why negotiations with Billy fell apart. At the end I called Billy the best songwriter of his generation. I think they'll mainly use the Billy vs. D'arcy stuff from me. I'd never done an on camera interview, felt kind of weird, especially since I was talking about other people, I wanted to stick to things they have all said when talking about personal things, and then when it came to the music I came at it from a fan's perspective.

They tried to ask for the uncut 4 hours of audio from my interview with D'arcy, which I rejected.
That's cool. At least they gave you something and appearing on shows like that only raises your profile and brings attention to the site, so it's a win-win of sorts.

They never sent you a finished copy after though? That seems kinda whack!

Old 07-06-2019, 08:35 PM   #34
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
That's cool. At least they gave you something and appearing on shows like that only raises your profile and brings attention to the site, so it's a win-win of sorts.

They never sent you a finished copy after though? That seems kinda whack!
They didn't, but I never asked. If I had they would have, but I'm not interested in watching it since I'm on it.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:54 PM   #35
fuzzyroes
Immortal

Quote:
but I'm not interested in watching it since I'm on it.
Lol why not, man? Are you worried that you might not come across very well? Most likely, they'll only use a few small clips, so you'll probably come across just fine. Maybe you killed it and are just being too hard on yourself.

Whatever the case, it can be a little uncomfortable to see yourself on video when it's not something that normally happens. But it can be insightful and illuminate quirks or tendencies that you weren't cognizant of.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:58 PM   #36
fuzzyroes
Immortal

And remember, they wanna put out a professional product. They're not gonna use a clip if you appear awkward because it would only reflect bad upon the production company.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:42 AM   #37
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Location: Trump first sold Hawaii to the Japanese to now be right saying Barack Obama isn't born in the United States. -Crognan's Bluff
Red face

Quote:

Old 07-07-2019, 11:53 AM   #38
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Lol why not, man? Are you worried that you might not come across very well? Most likely, they'll only use a few small clips, so you'll probably come across just fine. Maybe you killed it and are just being too hard on yourself.

Whatever the case, it can be a little uncomfortable to see yourself on video when it's not something that normally happens. But it can be insightful and illuminate quirks or tendencies that you weren't cognizant of.
Part of it has to do with editing too, if it's me talking over some dramatization reenactment I might not like how it comes off. I also don't want to come off like I'm on an anti-Billy crusade.

Old 07-07-2019, 12:41 PM   #39
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster

Arrow

Trailer:

Old 07-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #40
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Trailer:

I'm not in the trailer, hopefully they cut me! Then I can watch, lol.

Old 07-07-2019, 01:35 PM   #41
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

I can't wait to hear the sound alike shitty versions of SP songs they use.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:17 PM   #42
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I can't wait to hear the sound alike shitty versions of SP songs they use.
Billy: You mean Collective Soul?

Old 07-07-2019, 04:16 PM   #43
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I'm not in the trailer, hopefully they cut me! Then I can watch, lol.
They will take your part about the feud between D'arcy and Billy.
That's why they contacted you. And why they even went so far to try to get the original interview recordings with her.

Old 07-07-2019, 06:58 PM   #44
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Pretty surprised they didn't contact you for the inside scoop on grave next door's instagram posts.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:46 PM   #45
DaveKShape
Ownz

I just watched it U.S. Eastern time. It's not terrible, but they definitely lay way into the drama. Mostly accurate - some flaws.

Brett - I think you did great representing the band. You had 3 or 4 shots - was cool to see a Netphorian accurately doling out history. Sweet mop and motorcycle jacket, breh. You get the thumbs up.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:48 PM   #46
T&T
Minion of Satan

anyone got a rip?
streaming is out of region for canadians...

Old 07-07-2019, 10:07 PM   #47
DaveKShape
Ownz

I don't mean to demean what it is, but there is no new info in it. It's just kind a recap with about 5 secs of actual Pumpkins music and a bunch of band quotes you can find on YouTube, etc. The red meat is the comments from Brett and a few others who actually know the band's story intimately, but, if you've followed the band, you pretty much know this stuff already.

Lots of silly band recreation shots of them recording where it's just blurred people. Lots of "salacious drama man" voice.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:39 PM   #48
Ram27
Minion of Satan

Location: Iha: All right! I can't fucking hear you! (laughs) I'm just kidding. Stop your enthusiasm.

I'd watch if anyone had a link

I spent too much of my life reading deep into this stuff, it'd be interesting to see a mass marketed condensed version of the story

Old 07-08-2019, 12:06 AM   #49
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Thanks for feedback.

My Mom sent me my parts, so I did see my bits. They were short, so made it easier to watch. Hated my lighting though, made me look like a fucking ghost!

I haven't seen the rest of the show, might watch now. I'm happy with the bits of mine they used, I was worried and hesitant about watching because I thought they might use certain things to make it look like I was trashing Billy, which I never did.

Notice I used the word 'health' when talking about D'arcy and Jimmy's issues. I didn't want my words to be part of some drug montage, so I talked like a fucking politician, lol. I'm curious to see who else they got for interviews, I think I saw a former manager on there intercut with me.

Last edited by WeilandFan : 07-08-2019 at 12:42 AM.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:19 AM   #50
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

did they mention Billy's transphobia or alt-right proclivities?

Old 07-08-2019, 01:41 AM   #51
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster

Watching it now. It's not that bad tbh. It focuses solely on the first run of the band from 1987 to the break up in 2000. There's some interesting quotes from Jeff Tomei (engineer on SD), one incident in particular where James was trying to record one of the parts and Billy came in and told him he was playing it wrong and said "give me the guitar and get out".

Old 07-08-2019, 02:13 AM   #52
Skradgee
Boardcaster

Ugh...I called and couldn't add this channel without giving up my current cable package which has been discontinued.

All channels should be ~$4.99, and you should be able to make your own package. Rabble! Rabble RABBLE!

Heh...I said "package".

Old 07-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #53
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Could someone please edit all the non-Buttcannon content for my viewing pleasure?

It's for a research project.

Old 07-08-2019, 03:37 PM   #54
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Billy: You mean Collective Soul?
No it will be like a loop of the Today intro only without the pull off.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:21 PM   #55
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster

Andy Gershon comin thru with that smoke:
(paraphrased) “If there’s one word that will be on the headstone of this band in the cemetery it’s, and I know it sounds bad of me to say, it’s the word ‘almost’. They were almost the best band of their generation. It should have been the pumpkins all along but it wasn’t.”

Old 07-08-2019, 08:15 PM   #56
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Yeah, link if poss. Also for the other reelz! bullshit episodes too.

Gotta watch something now that Curse of Civil War Gold is finished.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:17 PM   #57
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan

Location: Church of United Bald Lords, praying for your souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
Yeah, link if poss.
2nd'd

Old 07-08-2019, 10:33 PM   #58
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Maybe this will be like the R Kelly thing where they will start to investigate the Billy Corgan connection to Kurt Cobain's death.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:02 PM   #59
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Red face

r. kelley killed kurt cobain?

Old 07-08-2019, 11:10 PM   #60
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

I heard he done a wee wee on him.