Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: which?
Solaris 11 64.71%
Greek USA 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2019, 03:31 PM   #151
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Fuckgarden by Kaleidyscope

Monuments to an Orgy

Sexiania

who knew?

Old 04-05-2019, 03:47 PM   #152
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
For the record, I'm not into MRA shit at all. I guess I think men should have the right to "rank the sex they got," but I also think that women should have the right to evaluate and assess their sexual experiences according to their personal criteria. I've had female friends complain to me about bad sex they've had wherein they were not very satisfied, and I didn't chastise them for daring to be the adjudicators of their own sexual experiences.

I'd understand the qualms if OP made objectifying and degrading statements, like "I totally railed that bitch and used her like a rag," but the way he spoke about the experience he's depicting seemed quite normal of even intimate, monogamous couples who happen to find sex fun.

I understand the vague sentiments some people have toward most male expressions of sexuality being deviant and suspect, even when they can't put their finger on why. But I don't think that fighting male entitled or objectification of women necessitates this knee-jerk reaction toward all make sexual interest.

I think that people tend to pick their constellations of sentiments and ideologies whole cloth, rather than logically evaluating each independent belief, and so a position that is logically compatible with their core beliefs but isn't part of the network of implicit attitudes they've adopted feels like it's contrary to their core beliefs. So, a guy who isn't an MRA saying "uh, guys can be sex-positive and talk about enjoying sex without necessarily being exploitative" comes off as an MRA to them. The position simply resembles what they associate with MRAs, even if it doesn't necessitates MRA beliefs nor contradict basic progressive values. Probably a form of the representation bias.
Omg i love u

Thanks for clarifying. And for being such a thoughtful person

Lot to chew on. Yeah i will readily admit my reaction was knee jerk and wholly emotional. Sorry op. Get back to sexin, everyone, don’t mind me

Old 04-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #153
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

get a lode of those two having a srs discussion over a troll post

Old 04-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #154
run2pee
Minion of Satan

To begin the healing process, can we all rate 1) the last sex we had, and 2) the last snack chip, cracker, or cheesepuff we slammed

Ok allow me to bang it out first

1) last sex was an 11/10 off this totally bitchin lady i know, it was rad, we even connected, i think, at one point, possibly
2) last chips was some smashed ass bottom of the bag store brand nacho cheese chips, 4/10 it was satisfying at first but didn’t blow my mind and left me with tummyache

Old 04-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #155
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I do wonder if we might occasionally expend more energy on comparative moral compass calibration than on mutually rewarding forms of communication.

But what do I know? I voted for Trump.

Old 04-05-2019, 04:29 PM   #156
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Dude what u talking bout this thread has been rewarding af (nigh, if i might, mind blowing) for me, in fact im over here as we speak just sweating, just smoking cig after cig

Wasn’t it good for u too?

Old 04-05-2019, 04:37 PM   #157
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

late post but maybe what the op meant by "mind-blowing sex" was that it blew his mind someone would want to have sex w/ him after willfully exposing them to SP2 songs

Old 04-05-2019, 04:38 PM   #158
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Wasn’t it good for u too?
Correct me if I've stretched supposition out of shape, but I've always pictured you as having a considerable head of chestnut-coloured hair worn in a carefree though nevertheless luscious manner.

Old 04-05-2019, 05:50 PM   #159
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Correct me if I've stretched supposition out of shape, but I've always pictured you as having a considerable head of chestnut-coloured hair worn in a carefree though nevertheless luscious manner.
Woah! Nailed it!

But only on my butt, tho

Totally male pattern up top

Old 04-05-2019, 06:41 PM   #160
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

starting to think if the first post had simply read "not the band" this would have truly been a 5-star thread

Old 04-05-2019, 07:15 PM   #161
FoolofaTook

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Woah! Nailed it!

But only up my butt, tho

Old 04-05-2019, 10:42 PM   #162
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Question THE DEATH OF KURT COBAIN 25 YEARS AGO and its still unpleasing enlightment

Recorded phone conversations of private investigator Tom Grant with his client Courtney Love:

Soaked in Bleach, the movie after Tom Grant's story of his investigations on Kurt Cobain:

Over five hours of documents put together by someone believing Cobain to have been murdered:

Courtney Love should have told to have had an affair with Billy Corgan just three weeks after Kurt's death... Didn't take long for Billy to cheat his wife after their marriage.

Billy Corgan in his Live Journal blog remembering the news of Kurt's death:
https://billycorgan.livejournal.com/21577.html
The Gulf of Mexico [1994]
[May. 23rd, 2005|06:54 pm]
As is often the case after a show, we board the bus and hit the road, watching movies and eating bad food to pass the time…this drive is about 5+ hours, so the sun is just about to come up when the bus hisses to a stop…the damp breeze of the ocean rolls up onto me in my half-sleep, and I can spy the water just over the road, so I make a small mental note to come back around during the day and check out the beach…turning, I am a bit stunned to see that we are staying in some sort of motel nightmare, splashed down here on a whim in the 60’s as a heady mix of Jetson’s futurism mixed with hurricane reality…I ask no one in particular, “what the fuck is this place?”, but no one listens cause they have heard it all before and all they really want is a closed door with a bed behind it…my room stinks of mildew and is just big enough for that same sought after bed, but out goes the light, and I am fast asleep…

The phone rings way too early, jarring me out of a sweet, humid sleep…the window is open and the sun pours in as the ocean air sweeps through the room…it looks like a beautiful day…”Did you hear the news? He’s gone and killed himself”…my first twilight thought is that it can’t be true, because even I have been reported dead two separate times in the last year (driving down the road, my father had recently heard a report that I was dead, so it must be a rumor or a bad joke)…the t.v. in the room is one of those standard pieces of shit where you need a remote to turn it on, cause they hardwire the front controls off so you can’t jack the channels around to get the movies for free…I flip on CNN with the sound off, figuring if there’s any truth to it that they would have it…there is nothing on at this moment except a general news report, so it must just be a mistake…then I start to think that maybe they won’t care at all and that this might not be the source for information…about 20 seconds in they flash his picture…the talking head is talking away, and my stomach drops about 1,000 feet…I mumble to whoever is on the line for a minute or so, but I don’t remember what I said…they remind me that they are very glad I am still here…I put down the phone, and all is really quiet now…his picture is still up on the screen, frozen…it is one of those rare moments in life where the entire world seems to be stopped, waiting for the next breath…my mind races around to “where is she? I hope she is alright”…I sit on the edge of the bed and just stare at the screen…I cannot believe my eyes, it is just all so sad…I don’t pray, but I do now…I pull myself down to the floor, my back pressed up against the bed, the t.v. screen just a foot away from my eyes…I say a prayer for his soul, thanking him for all the good he has done…I pray a lot for his child, who is now without a father…and I start to cry and I don’t stop until there are no more tears to cry…

Kurt Cobain's last note:

To Boddah
Speaking from the tongue of an experienced simpleton who obviously would rather be an emasculated, infantile complain-ee. This note should be pretty easy to understand.
All the warnings from the punk rock 101 courses over the years, since my first introduction to the, shall we say, ethics involved with independence and the embracement of your community has proven to be very true. I haven't felt the excitement of listening to as well as creating music along with reading and writing for too many years now. I feel guity beyond words about these things.
For example when we're back stage and the lights go out and the manic roar of the crowds begins., it doesn't affect me the way in which it did for Freddie Mercury, who seemed to love, relish in the the love and adoration from the crowd which is something I totally admire and envy. The fact is, I can't fool you, any one of you. It simply isn't fair to you or me. The worst crime I can think of would be to rip people off by faking it and pretending as if I'm having 100% fun. Sometimes I feel as if I should have a punch-in time clock before I walk out on stage. I've tried everything within my power to appreciate it (and I do,God, believe me I do, but it's not enough). I appreciate the fact that I and we have affected and entertained a lot of people. It must be one of those narcissists who only appreciate things when they're gone. I'm too sensitive. I need to be slightly numb in order to regain the enthusiasms I once had as a child.
On our last 3 tours, I've had a much better appreciation for all the people I've known personally, and as fans of our music, but I still can't get over the frustration, the guilt and empathy I have for everyone. There's good in all of us and I think I simply love people too much, so much that it makes me feel too fucking sad. The sad little, sensitive, unappreciative, Pisces, Jesus man. Why don't you just enjoy it? I don't know!
I have a goddess of a wife who sweats ambition and empathy and a daughter who reminds me too much of what i used to be, full of love and joy, kissing every person she meets because everyone is good and will do her no harm. And that terrifies me to the point to where I can barely function. I can't stand the thought of Frances becoming the miserable, self-destructive, death rocker that I've become.
I have it good, very good, and I'm grateful, but since the age of seven, I've become hateful towards all humans in general. Only because it seems so easy for people to get along that have empathy. Only because I love and feel sorry for people too much I guess.
Thank you all from the pit of my burning, nauseous stomach for your letters and concern during the past years. I'm too much of an erratic, moody baby! I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember, it's better to burn out than to fade away.
Peace, love, empathy.
Kurt Cobain
Frances and Courtney, I'll be at your alter.
Please keep going Courtney, for Frances.
For her life, which will be so much happier without me.
I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!

Interview with Kurt Cobain, four months before his death:

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 04-05-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:53 PM   #163
LoveIsSuicide42
Demi-God

I have to admit something, I thought about this scenario when I was at work yesterday and the events described in my opening post are actually completely false. My gf does love the Smashing Pumpkins, but she's heard all of the new albums. I actually don't even own a guitar or know how to play one.

I came home and I got really drunk and I posted that. I knew it wasn't funny like it was in my head when I was at work, but this place is fucking boring and I wanted to see what would come from that post. I'm not disappointed.

Sex is dopest and most mind blowing when you really connect. Tis the secret of the Irishmen.

Old 04-06-2019, 01:14 AM   #164
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

cool

Old 04-06-2019, 01:50 AM   #165
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

You put all that together just for nobody to read it

Old 04-06-2019, 01:51 AM   #166
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

You had sex to Shiny?

You poor bastard

Old 04-06-2019, 03:07 AM   #167
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Arrow

There's less to read than to view...

Old 04-06-2019, 03:10 AM   #168
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

"this place is fucking boring" says "LoveIsSuicide42"...

Old 04-06-2019, 06:04 AM   #169
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

I just accidentally put on Knights of Malta for the first time since last November. Holy fuck this song and this 'album' sucks ass. How can I wash the sound of that noise out of my head?

Old 04-06-2019, 12:04 PM   #170
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Still Unpleasing Enlightenment would be a wicked name for a Christian hairmetal band

Old 04-06-2019, 02:28 PM   #171
T&T
Socialphobic

LoveIsSuicide1 to LoveIsSuicide41 were already taken.

5 star thread.
I love fanfic.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:44 PM   #172
FoolofaTook

or a Boris drone/experimental 35-minute track

Old 04-06-2019, 04:01 PM   #173
Kahlo

Wow, it's like being 14 again and listening to some boring cunt going on about KURT BEING MURDERED. Give it a rest.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #174
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Red face

Courtney gave Kurt a rest like a 14 year old cunt:

Cobain's body was cremated. Love divided his ashes; she kept some in a teddy bear and some in an urn. She took another portion of his ashes to the Namgyal Buddhist Monastery in Ithaca, New York. There, some of his remains were ceremonially blessed by Buddhist monks and mixed into clay, which were used to make memorial sculptures. A final ceremony was arranged for Cobain by his mother on May 31, 1999, that was attended by both Love and Tracy Marander. A Buddhist monk chanted while his daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, scattered his ashes into McLane Creek in Olympia, Washington, the city where he "had found his true artistic muse".

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 04-07-2019 at 12:12 AM.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #175
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

If for someone love is suicide: how must sex feel like...?

Old 04-06-2019, 06:30 PM   #176
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

He died?

Old 04-06-2019, 09:01 PM   #177
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Legit miss the dude.

He went out on top tho so there is that. In hindsight he looks way better than almost all of his peers that have had almost no success past 1999.

Of course being alive and putting out shit music and being a miserable whiny asshole is probably better than dying in your 20s.

Old 04-06-2019, 09:32 PM   #178
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
I just accidentally put on Knights of Malta for the first time since last November. Holy fuck this song and this 'album' sucks ass. How can I wash the sound of that noise out of my head?
Yeah man. I'm still surprised that that was the best music they could whip up for the long awaited reunion album.

I just don't think Corgan's heart is in it anymore. There's no other possibility.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:02 PM   #179
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i smell a C U N S P E E R A S E E

Old 04-06-2019, 11:23 PM   #180
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Exclamation

REVEALED:

The police from Seattle did a lousy job.
And Courtney Love not only manipulated Cobain's life.