Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2008, 04:34 AM   #1
Eye
Amish Rake Fighter

Default Zeitgeist contest: Somaziro wins draw; Best cover song voting stage still to go

Act IV and ThePumpkins.net announced a winner in their random draw for the Zeitgeist Cover Song Contest. They would like to congratulate Somaziro, who along with the Netphoria-All Stars, covered the Zeitgeist bonus track, "Ma Belle" for the contest. This was not based on the quality of the cover, but was a random drawing.

Once again this is what Somaziro will be receiving:
1) the silver Zeitgeist (Album of the Year Edition), 2) the Tarantula CD single, and the 3) Ghost Children 2/Friends and Enemies charity compilation.

STILL THE VOTING STAGE TO GO:
The voting stage of the contest commences on February 14th, so please take the time to thoughtfully listen to and absorb all the covers. Then come February 14-21, you will be able to make an informed decision on what you feel is the 'best cover song' for the Zeitgeist contest. The winner of the best cover song portion of the contest will receive: 1)the silver Zeitgeist, 2)the special edition Zeitgeist w/ 76 page booklet, 3)the 7" vinyl singles for "Tarantula" and "That's the Way (My Love Is)".

Act IV and ThePumpkins.net are inviting ALL FANS OF THE SMASHING PUMPKINS to vote! To listen to all
24 tracks that were submitted here: http://www.thepumpkins.net/content/category/16/57/161/

The organizers would also like to extend their thanks to all the musicians that participated in this contest, and helped to make it a success.

Last edited by Eye : 02-10-2008 at 09:03 AM.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
skipgo
Minion of Satan

woohoo!

Old 02-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
i_adore_adore
Apocalyptic Poster

Nice job, man!

Old 02-10-2008, 01:40 AM   #4
somaziro
Ownz

holla~

Old 02-10-2008, 01:45 AM   #5
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

Some day I should check out that Act IV page.