Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #151
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by maoi View Post
Siphoning Clinton supporters? Does he really think those people are that stupid?
I'm guessing at least a decent handfull actually will be. It will be very interesting to watch the polls the next two weeks though.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #152
skippy
Apocalyptic Poster

"In a CNBC interview about her ongoing ethics investigation, Palin stated that she was unsure about what a Vice President does every day."

Awesome.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #153
Gish08
Apocalyptic Poster

maoi: They are, but I don't think there will be enough of them to give McCain the election. They are a rabid few spread out across the country making themselves look more important than they really are by sticking together on random blogs and forums, probably under various aliases.

Last edited by Gish08 : 08-29-2008 at 12:46 PM.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #154
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Thanks for making a whole new thread about it. We needed another one.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:43 PM   #155
Tournée d'adieu
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gish08 View Post
Palin pick is a desperation move.
Exactly. Though all the pundits only seem capable of calling McCain a "maverick" for the choice. She's such a hard-line Conservative (anti-abortion, creationist) that the only thing that makes her a bold choice is her sex. And considering the tone of this election and the nature of McCain's opponent, such a move strikes me as blatantly reactionary and isn't something that makes me see McCain as open-minded.

But backing away from the slippery slope of gender/race politics, she just doesn't seem qualified to take over the presidency in the (likely enough) event McCain should kick the bucket. I realize people say Obama is inexperienced, though, personally, because I'm an Illinois citizen he's been on my radar for quite some time. But as people have said before me, this really does neutralize the whole experience debate, which seemed like a decent angle for the McCain camp.

Anyway, I think this VP pick will backfire.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:43 PM   #156
TuralyonW3
Immortal

her voice gets annoying pretty quick.

she's towing the party line in her speech, repping McCain's war hero stuff and all that.

Too bad her and McCain completely disagree on Alaskan drilling.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #157
Caine Walker
Braindead

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
Would you have preferred more "Christian" names?
if "christian" names means "not fucking stupid idiot names that 40somethings think are cute", then yes.

it bugs the shit out of me when people name their kids things like, "dakota", "tucker", "spencer", "madison", "mckenzie", etc. there's one that i can't remember that REALLY fucking bothers me...

Old 08-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #158
skippy
Apocalyptic Poster

Is anybody watching this McCain event in Ohio? Is it typical for the crowds at these types of events to randomly break into chants of "USA! USA! USA! USA!" Weird.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #159
TuralyonW3
Immortal

haha, she says "hillary put 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling, but it turns out the women aren't done yet, and we can shatter that glass ceiling once and for all!!"

i'm serious.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #160
Mo
Immortal

She's also a creationist.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #161
Caine Walker
Braindead

uuggggghhhhhh.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #162
TuralyonW3
Immortal

this is delicious. Whatever. you know, I hope McCain wins. Fuck this county.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #163
TuralyonW3
Immortal

close

Old 08-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #164
Caine Walker
Braindead

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by homechicago View Post

...wise calculation Johnny. She's HRC's twin practically...
i can't tell if you're being facetious or stupid.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #165
Caine Walker
Braindead

they look absolutely ridiculous together.

mccain looks like her fucking grandpa.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #166
Gish08
Apocalyptic Poster

Romney, Pawlenty, Lieberman, or Ridge would have been ten times better than Palin. This is why:

Romney would have provided a real backbone for an economic plan, since McCain himself admits he is clueless, and would have put Michigan in play.

Pawlenty would have attracted evangelicals who are pretty conflicted right now, and would have put Minnesota in play.

Lieberman would have legitimized the argument that McCain is willing to reach across party lines, since Lieberman, despite being a gigantic tool, is pretty liberal when it comes to just about everything BUT the war.

Ridge would have attracted a lot of moderate Republicans and most importantly put Pennsylvania in play, a state Republicans always fall short of winning. In fact, I think this would have been his best choice. Ridge has experience as Governor (economics) AND was the first to represent Homeland Security (terrorism/national security). Not to mention, he could very well carry Pennsylvania for McCain. It would have been a formidable ticket, and I'm so glad this did not happen.

Palin's experience is less than even Obama's, and, like Hillary Clinton, she has a vagina. Once women learn that she's pro-life, likely won't speak out against McCain voting against equal pay for women in the workplace, and that just a month ago she dissed her possible new job, I don't think McCain will get as many left-leaning independents as he thought. She's from Alaska, which really doesn't represent any particlular region Republicans were looking to make serious progress in -- west, midwest, "rust belt", northeast -- and that is pretty dumb. Alaska is going Republican anyway.

There is the slight possibility that she could mobilize the few angry Hillary supporters left just enough to make things go in McCain's favor, but that is stretching it. Biden will destroy Palin in debates (even if gracefully, not so aggressively since it would be viewed as disrespectful to women), and I expect Hillary to run a few ads highlighting why Obama is better than Palin.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #167
Sarah Palin
Oblivious Virgin

this thread is a real sausagefest!!!

Old 08-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #168
TuralyonW3
Immortal

hey sarah that Ted Stevens endorsement was pretty helpful in 06 huh? How's his corruption trial going?

Old 08-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #169
Sarah Palin
Oblivious Virgin

i'm going to be corrupting your thoughts when i send you some of the sexy pictures my husband has taken of me!!!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:09 PM   #170
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

This is a pretty crass move on the part of the McCain campaign to snatch women voters, no doubt. That said, I'd put Sarah Palin on MY ticket, YOU KNOW!?!?!?!?!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #171
Caine Walker
Braindead

no. please explain.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:12 PM   #172
Sarah Palin
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncrashesdown View Post
snatch women voters
you sexist bastard

Old 08-29-2008, 01:12 PM   #173
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I wonder if Obama's like oh snap I shoulda picked hillz

Old 08-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #174
Gish08
Apocalyptic Poster

Oh LOOK AT THIS!

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...9/1304936.aspx

PALIN PRAISED OBAMA'S ENERGY PLAN

Quote:
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 12:27 PM by Domenico Montanaro
Filed Under: 2008, McCain

From NBC's Domenico Montanaro

Earlier this month, Gov. Palin praised parts of Obama's energy plan. The link to the press release was not working as of 12:30 p.m. ET. But Google saves everything.

Palin Pleased with Obama's Energy Plan
Includes Alaska's Natural Gas Reserves Print Now Printer Friendly

No. 08-135

August 4, 2008, Fairbanks, Alaska - Governor Sarah Palin today responded to the energy plan put forward by the presumptive Democratic nominee for President, Illinois Senator Barack Obama.

"I am pleased to see Senator Obama acknowledge the huge potential Alaska's natural gas reserves represent in terms of clean energy and sound jobs," Governor Palin said. "The steps taken by the Alaska State Legislature this past week demonstrate that we are ready, willing and able to supply the energy our nation needs."

In a speech given in Lansing, Michigan, Senator Obama called for the completion of the Alaska natural gas pipeline, stating, "Over the next five years, we should also lease more of the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska for oil and gas production. And we should also tap more of our substantial natural gas reserves and work with the Canadian government to finally build the Alaska natural gas pipeline, delivering clean natural gas and creating good jobs in the process."

Governor Palin also acknowledged the Senator's proposal to offer $1,000 rebates to those struggling with the high cost of energy.

"We in Alaska feel that crunch and are taking steps to address it right here at home,"
Governor Palin said. "This is a tool that must be on the table to buy us time until our long-term energy plans can be put into place. We have already enjoyed the support of Alaska Senator Ted Stevens, and it is gratifying to see Senator Obama get on board."

The Governor did question the means to pay for Obama's proposed rebate - a windfall profits tax on oil companies. In Alaska, the state's resource valuation system, ACES, provides strong incentives for companies to re-invest their profits in new production.

"Windfall profits taxes alone prevent additional investment in domestic production. Without new supplies from American reserves, our dependency and addiction to foreign sources of oil will continue," Governor Palin said.

Thanks Palin, you just made the Obama campaign's job 100 times easier!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #175
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

It's funny how the people saying this backfires against McCain cause she lacks so little experience said nothing of Obama picking a 35yr washington insider as backfiring on his message.

I forgot, he rides the train, he's working class.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #176
Debaser
ghost

Palin would've never been picked if she was a male. That tells you all you need to know about her credentials and the political calculating of the McCain campaign. This was not a decision based on who would be best for governing, but who would be best at grabbing the media cycle and pull at hillary voters.

This should backfire.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #177
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy View Post
It's funny how the people saying this backfires against McCain cause she lacks so little experience said nothing of Obama picking a 35yr washington insider as backfiring on his message.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #178
Debaser
ghost

it cuts both ways.

It's funny how the people saying that this backfires against Obama cause he's a washington insider say nothing of McCain picking a 1-1/2 year governor as backfiring on his message of experience.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #179
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Well that proves...something I'm sure.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #180
jm9843
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy View Post
It's really not the same thing at all.