Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2008, 01:24 AM   #301
Debaser
ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeyLoki View Post
So there are prominent scientists that you consider intellectual lightweights?

Edit: Creationists in the broad sense that sppunk described, my apologies
No, I'm accusing Palin of being an intellectual lightweight.

If you want to bring scientists into this, then I would like to narrow the issue down to specifically the theory of evolution by natural selection. If you show me a "prominent" scientist that doesn't subscribe to this then I'll show you a scientist that, at best, is fooling themselves or at worst, intellectually dishonest.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:24 AM   #302
Andy /

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy View Post
"In a CNBC interview about her ongoing ethics investigation, Palin stated that she was unsure about what a Vice President does every day."

Awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySlash View Post

So... can you tell me exactly what a VP does every day? When they're not waiting for Presidents to die or voting along party lines to break Senate ties, what exactly do they do on a daily basis? Edumacate me.

Anyone?

Old 08-30-2008, 01:34 AM   #303
Debaser
ghost

Eh, kinda in her defense...the actual "job" of the VP is pretty shiity. Before Cheney got in there and set up his own shadow government, the VP basically just sat around waiting for the President to die an untimely death. The list of actual responsibilities for the VP in the constitution is laughably small.

but yeah Palin is a reckless pick, regardless. I think the video or audio a couple weeks ago of her where she doesn't really pay attention or know what the actual plan is in Iraq is more damning. Seriously, I'm confident that I know more about foreign affairs than Sarah Palin, and she is going to be a heartbeat away from the president if elected? holy shit.

Last edited by Debaser : 08-30-2008 at 01:46 AM.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:44 AM   #304
Debaser
ghost

yglesias fun fact:

Sarah Palin wasn't yet governor of Alaska when McCain began his 2008 presidential campaign.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:48 AM   #305
Debaser
ghost

John McCain is 23 years older than the state of Alaska.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:48 AM   #306
Debaser
ghost

The following cities have larger populations than the state of Alaska:

– New York, NY

– Los Angeles, CA

– Chicago, IL

– Houston, TX

– Phoenix, AZ

– Philadelphia, PA

– San Antonio, TX

– San Diego, CA

– Dallas, TX

– San Jose, CA

– Detroit, MI

– Jacksonville, FL

– Indianapolis, IN

– San Francisco, CA

– Columbus, OH

– Austin, TX

Old 08-30-2008, 01:48 AM   #307
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

If this doesn't blow up in McCain's face I am seriously moving out of this country, I am tired of living in a nation hijacked by bullshit.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:49 AM   #308
Debaser
ghost

How many days per year is the Alaska State Legislature in session? 90 days.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:00 AM   #309
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
Eh, kinda in her defense...the actual "job" of the VP is pretty shiity. Before Cheney got in there and set up his own shadow government, the VP basically just sat around waiting for the President to die an untimely death. The list of actual responsibilities for the VP in the constitution is laughably small.

but yeah Palin is a reckless pick, regardless. I think the video or audio a couple weeks ago of her where she doesn't really pay attention or know what the actual plan is in Iraq is more damning. Seriously, I'm confident that I know more about foreign affairs than Sarah Palin, and she is going to be a heartbeat away from the president if elected? holy shit.
The VP doesn't really *need* foreign affairs skills... we're used to Bill Clinton/GW using their Veeps as sort of foreign dignitaries. The VP can be whatever the President wants them to be. McCain is solid in foreign affairs, he doesn't need Palin to help him out with that, like Obama needs Biden for that.

Blah blah blah, McCain could croak, yada yada... he's a healthy guy. Even if that did happen, it'd be a few years, long enough for her to get some OJT. VP is the ultimate in Presidential OJT.

As far as debate, when Biden brags about his years in the Senate and his foreign policy cred, Palin can turn it against him by pointing the Republicans have the foreign policy experience where it really counts... at the top of the ticket.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:02 AM   #310
redbreegull

As long as Biden remains composed, graceful, and respectful, I do not see this woman besting him.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:04 AM   #311
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef curtains View Post
I am very very afraid for Roe vs Wade and I hope those awful women would shrivel up and die realizing what they've done if this all comes to pass
Exactly.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:15 AM   #312
Gish08
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardy View Post
oh dear jesus those ladies are so obnoxious (for the most part)

I would imagine only the fanatics post at messageboards though...
They are a small voice, looking larger than they really are by going on a bunch of boards and blogs.

I don't even think the pissed off Hillary protestors were able to manage more than fifty or so people at the convention.

Also to those of you who keep on talking about how the VP role isn't as important and blah blah. WE KNOW. But it is the fact that McCain always hammered the talking point that he is more experienced, and will bring even more experience with the people he surrounds himself with. He then ripped on Obama for having none. He now picked someone who has less experience than Obama (she considers PTA part of her 13 years of elected office). He completely contradicted his message -- yet AGAIN -- and in the worst way.

This will backfire. Rabid Hillary fans on the Internet with nothing else better to do are in their own little world. Hillary supporters ready to vote for Obama continue to increase.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:22 AM   #313
Debaser
ghost

Quote:
The VP doesn't really *need* foreign affairs skills... we're used to Bill Clinton/GW using their Veeps as sort of foreign dignitaries. The VP can be whatever the President wants them to be. McCain is solid in foreign affairs, he doesn't need Palin to help him out with that, like Obama needs Biden for that.

Blah blah blah, McCain could croak, yada yada... he's a healthy guy. Even if that did happen, it'd be a few years, long enough for her to get some OJT. VP is the ultimate in Presidential OJT.
Do you realize you're just making excuses for this pick because you're so in the tank for republicans?

I could be wrong, but I don't really remember Al Gore or Dick Cheney doing much foreign dignitary work....there's already a position specifically for that: it's called Secretary of State.

Look. The number one job of VP is simply to takeover in case the president dies. That's it. Doesn't McCain tout that he's ready to lead on day one? You just conceded that Sarah Palin isn't ready.

Quote:
As far as debate, when Biden brags about his years in the Senate and his foreign policy cred, Palin can turn it against him by pointing the Republicans have the foreign policy experience where it really counts... at the top of the ticket.
And then Biden can point to the foreign policy of the last eight years.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:30 AM   #314
Debaser
ghost

Quote:
Blah blah blah, McCain could croak, yada yada... he's a healthy guy. Even if that did happen, it'd be a few years, long enough for her to get some OJT..
“She’s going to learn national security at the foot of the master for the next four years, and most doctors think that he’ll be around at least that long,” said Charlie Black, one of Mr. McCain’s top advisers.

most doctors

Old 08-30-2008, 02:36 AM   #315
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Quote:
Do you realize you're just making excuses for this pick because you're so in the tank for republicans?
In all honesty, I don't care about the VP pick, and neither do voters. It's just irritating to me that folks are jumping on this like it's a huge deal, when it's not really, so I feel the need to rebutt the comments being made.

I like her, I identify with her more than any other person in the race so far, and I was going to vote for McCain anyway, so there ya go.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:37 AM   #316
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Quote:
“She’s going to learn national security at the foot of the master for the next four years, and most doctors think that he’ll be around at least that long,” said Charlie Black, one of Mr. McCain’s top advisers.

most doctors
I'm sure that the adviser was being literal there. I'm sure.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:40 AM   #317
redbreegull

If I were a woman I would be offended at this move. I mean, fuck, I'm not a woman and I'm still offended that McCain would try to play the demographics like this.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:41 AM   #318
Debaser
ghost

Quote:
In all honesty, I don't care about the VP pick, and neither do voters. It's just irritating to me that folks are jumping on this like it's a huge deal, when it's not really, so I feel the need to rebutt the comments being made.

I like her, I identify with her more than any other person in the race so far, and I was going to vote for McCain anyway, so there ya go.
can I ask what don't you like about obama? or better yet, what specific policies you don't like.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:44 AM   #319
Andy /

Quote:
Eh, kinda in her defense...the actual "job" of the VP is pretty shiity.
It wasn't clear since no one responded, but the spirit of my posts was in her defense. NOBODY knows what the VP does on a daily basis. Only one person mocked it here, but on other boards and news blogs people got a good chuckle out of that soundbite until it was pointed out that none of them had any fucking clue, either.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:46 AM   #320
Andy /

Unhappy

Quote:

Old 08-30-2008, 02:50 AM   #321
Debaser
ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySlash View Post
It wasn't clear since no one responded, but the spirit of my posts was in her defense. NOBODY knows what the VP does on a daily basis. Only one person mocked it here, but on other boards and news blogs people got a good chuckle out of that soundbite until it was pointed out that none of them had any fucking clue, either.
ah, i finally see that now. i was just reflexively answering that video as if I read it from those other boards and news blogs.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:51 AM   #322
Andy /

I guarantee that clip is going to be played ad nauseum from here to November, though.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:55 AM   #323
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Quote:
can I ask what don't you like about obama? or better yet, what specific policies you don't like.
Big one is his pro-abortion stance. I mean, being pro-abortion is one thing, but he's very, very far left about it. Too far left for me. See the Born Alive Bill...

Taxing big corporations: Yeah, that'll get companies to stay in the US.

Taxing oil companies: That'll make the price of gas go down.

Etc. etc... I pretty much don't agree with him on anything.

Except that we need to start looking at alternative energy. But I think we can do that without sending gas prices through the roof.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:55 AM   #324
Debaser
ghost

i guarantee you'll hear the phrase "heartbeat away from presidency" spoken ad nauseum...

Old 08-30-2008, 03:00 AM   #325
Andy /

It's time for McCain to break out the Phil Collins

Two hearts, believing in just one mind
Beating together till the end of time
You know we're two hearts believing in just one mind
Together forever till the end of time

Old 08-30-2008, 03:01 AM   #326
Debaser
ghost

Quote:
Big one is his pro-abortion stance. I mean, being pro-abortion is one thing, but he's very, very far left about it. Too far left for me. See the Born Alive Bill...

Taxing big corporations: Yeah, that'll get companies to stay in the US.

Taxing oil companies: That'll make the price of gas go down.

Etc. etc... I pretty much don't agree with him on anything.

Except that we need to start looking at alternative energy. But I think we can do that without sending gas prices through the roof.
I guess I can accept your beef about his pro-choice stance.

The rest of those are invalid/misinformed (i.e., he's not doing those things for the reason you imply he is).

Gas prices will surely be going up no matter what. And certainly McCain's proposal will not bring gas prices down, as all experts say, even ones in the bush admin.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:10 AM   #327
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Man the dems are fucked. I don't think they have an answer for the massive number of housewives in bumfuck Ohio and Florida who are going to vote McCain just because he has a skirt on the ticket regardless of her evolution/abortion stances. BRILLIANT tactical move.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:21 AM   #328
Sarah Palin
Oblivious Virgin

that's right seriously that is the worst name ever. i might actually soften my stance on abortion if your mom promissed to suck the brain out of your stupidly tattood head!

Old 08-30-2008, 03:25 AM   #329
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Wow pretty lame.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:51 AM   #330
Sarah Palin
Oblivious Virgin

your face!!!