Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Thumbs down Pumpkins fans are the worst

I've interacted with a lot of different fans, but SP fans (maybe just Netphorians in particular) have to be the worst. And this is really saying something, since Tool and NIN fans are pretty stupid.

I'm not talking about having to constantly suck Billy's cock. There's plenty I don't like about SP: songs, albums, tours, etc. Yeah, it's easy to see how people can think the robes are stupid and be disappointed about not having old members.

However, stuff like all this posting of old band pictures and moaning over times past in the PARIS show discussion thread is sickening. It reeks of an obsession with IMAGE over MUSIC. This is how emo kids and mainstream pop fans act.

We get a HUGE fucking rock show, and an ensuing tour where millions of people will get to hear songs that might not have EVER even been played live again. PLUS, Billy is even allowing all this open bootlegging! How many mainstream rock bands do that?!

I don't give a fuck about how the current situation compares with your idealized nostalgia. I've been a huge fan since 1995, I remember Billy with hair and cute D'arcy and all that shit. YOU GET TO SEE SP AGAIN, you get to hear Cherub Rock and Silverfuck and Tonight, Tonight, etc. slamming you in the face from huge speakerss and Billy ripping out solos on stage. You get a whole new album of hard rocking songs.

If you can't enjoy this without James standing a certain way or making the occasional wisecrack, or without thinking about beating off to D'arcy later that night, then you're really not into the music at all, you're into an idealized memory.

I hate censorship, and think people should be able to post whatever they want, but I'm just sharing my reaction to what I see. Feel free to flame away.

Last edited by TuralyonW3 : 05-23-2007 at 11:00 AM.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #2
TuralyonW3
Immortal

BUT TURDLION BILLY IS AN ASSHOLE HE DIDN'T EVEN CALL JAMES OR D'ARCY.

Despite what you may think, you know FUCK ALL about ANY of these peoples' lives. You have NO IDEA what goes on behind the scenes. You get a tiny tiny tiny little piece of what their lives are through the media, and you think you know the whole story.

I have no fucking idea what the REAL story is. But I'm pretty fucking happy with what I've been given with the new SP, and I'll certainly take this SP over NO SP.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

AND ANOTHER THING

Old 05-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #4
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

Wow. You're right.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #5
Italy
Oblivious Virgin

Thumbs up

I agree with you

Old 05-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #6
Dmitri
Pledge

Did you know that Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar?

Old 05-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #7
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

''image over music''

coughgingerslingcough

Old 05-23-2007, 10:58 AM   #8
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviousJ
AND ANOTHER THING
I would love to hear your opinion Lee

Old 05-23-2007, 10:58 AM   #9
MonteLDS
*sigh*

uh huh... well other than the fact that I will miss James + D'arcy alot. More James then D'arcy due to the fact that he was there w/ Corgan from the start. I am still excited about all the shows and the open taping policy. And i believe we are all very lucky.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:59 AM   #10
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

i miss when turdlion made good threads

back in the old days

Old 05-23-2007, 10:59 AM   #11
pyrocus
Demi-God

I'm very happy about the new single, and I am going to see them in August. I wasn't upset when Prince disbanded the Revolution in 1986, but look at the outcome of the next year: Sign Of The Times is arguably Prince's best work. And not to mention Prince was the band. As in this instance; Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin have always been the band to me. Not Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlin, D'arcy Wretzky and James Iha.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:00 AM   #12
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

how old were you in 1986

Old 05-23-2007, 11:00 AM   #13
Dmitri
Pledge

Would be pretty sweet if the guitarist was just a touring one and like 6 months later when Iha is done making his own cool kids club with no Billies allowed he goes back.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #14
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenguy2000

back in the old days
when did I ever make good threads? I think I made an anal fisting thread, thay may have been about it...

Old 05-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #15
pyrocus
Demi-God

Old 05-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #16
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenguy2000

back in the old days
when was that?
Or you two are maybe too old-school for me

Old 05-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #17
sweetanthony
Ownz

I really think you're speaking to a very small percent and all in all, everyone who loves the Pumpkins are extremely happy to have what they're giving us now. I couldn't be happier, even though Billy hired weird faux-look-a-like Asian and blonde girl to play in James' and D'arcy/Melissa's space.

I just LOVE Smashing Pumpkins music. End of story.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #18
greedo
Demi-God

I think it's just Netphoria. The Australian and UK sites don't have the same 15-year-olds whining about 'pumpkins without James and D'Arcy is Zwan 2.0' and such illogical nonsense.

Also, the Zomb site is full of Pumpkins fans and they are all friendly and helpful.

Some of the clowns here do talk nonsense. I can't understand why someone would post to a Smashing Pumpkins website when they seem to HATE 90% of everything about the band and Billy.

I say if you hate Billy Corgan, go and spend your time on something other than a web forum devoted to Billy Corgan.

I love the new song, can't wait to hear the album, and am very hopeful that they will tour in Australia.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #19
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3
when did I ever make good threads? I think I made an anal fisting thread, thay may have been about it...
thanks Turyalon

Old 05-23-2007, 11:04 AM   #20
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetanthony
I really think you're speaking to a very small percent and all in all, everyone who loves the Pumpkins are extremely happy to have what they're giving us now. I couldn't be happier, even though Billy hired weird faux-look-a-like Asian and blonde girl to play in James' and D'arcy/Melissa's space.

I just LOVE Smashing Pumpkins music. End of story.
Is Jeff asian? I thought he was a jew or something.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:05 AM   #21
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedo
I think it's just Netphoria. The Australian and UK sites don't have the same 15-year-olds whining about 'pumpkins without James and D'Arcy is Zwan 2.0' and such illogical nonsense.

Also, the Zomb site is full of Pumpkins fans and they are all friendly and helpful.

Some of the clowns here do talk nonsense. I can't understand why someone would post to a Smashing Pumpkins website when they seem to HATE 90% of everything about the band and Billy.

I say if you hate Billy Corgan, go and spend your time on something other than a web forum devoted to Billy Corgan.

I love the new song, can't wait to hear the album, and am very hopeful that they will tour in Australia.
Well, Blamo is pretty squishy. (and Netpho's gen. board is legendary). And I'm not saying people shouldn't post what they really feel. I'm just posting my reaction.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:09 AM   #22
greedo
Demi-God

Quote:
Well, Blamo is pretty squishy. (and Netpho's gen. board is legendary). And I'm not saying people shouldn't post what they really feel. I'm just posting my reaction.
I agree...but there seems to be far too much negativity, nit-picking, and hate around here. Some people only seem to come here to make negative comments about everything or try to prove their coolness by only liking Gish.

p.s. the capes they wore at the Paris show are cool. The Pumpkins are GLAM!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #23
Fattening Ass
Just Hook it to My Veins!

wah wah wah

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #24
A100
Demi-God

i could not agree more.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #25
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Unhappy

Quote:
If you can't enjoy this without James standing a certain way or making the occasional wisecrack, or without thinking about beating off to D'arcy later that night, then you're really not into the music at all, you're into an idealized memory.
Now that Ginger is officially in the band. I'm now thinking of switching my masturbatory fantasies from D'arcy over to Ginger. I'm not sure if I'm ready for a change this big yet in my life.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #26
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedo
I agree...but there seems to be far too much negativity, nit-picking, and hate around here. Some people only seem to come here to make negative comments about everything or try to prove their coolness by only liking Gish.
http://www.themot.org/gallery/d/2796-1/stfu.jpg

Old 05-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #27
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

tool fans are pretty shitty though

Old 05-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #28
GlasgowKiss
Quaid Hates You

Maybe its just that billy gives sp fans more reason to bitch than other bands.

I mean really, what have tool or NIN done to compare to OMFG FAREWELL SHOW, OMFG ZWAN, LOL JUST KIDDING, TFE! LOOOL BIG ADVERT RELEASE DAY PUMKINS BACK WITH ONLY TWOI ROGIINAL MEMBERS LOL.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #29
the arms of sleep
Pledge

i agree. most people here need to get over it. there have been tons of bands who have made great records/tours without the original members. they *******:

the kinks
the clash
pavement
superdrag

so if you lump the pumpkins in with those three in that category, its not so bad. he's right about the whole image thing. james is not a part of the band that is an absolute necessity to the sound. thats all that matters. and i think alot of the heople widhing for the good old days weren't even there to experience them first hand.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #30
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

this is why i like hanging out at DMB boards