Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 04-13-2020, 10:26 PM   #1771
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

You know, like when I poop at work.

Old 04-13-2020, 10:26 PM   #1772
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Would definitely be taking Casual Friday to a new low, though.

Old 04-13-2020, 11:54 PM   #1773
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
You dare insult my fatherland?!? Oh, it's on, bro! IT'S ON!!!

Having a bomb affair with your father...

#nukeserbia

Old 04-14-2020, 03:59 AM   #1774
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Jesus Christ, Pave. Not saying brothaiha isn't a POS, but god damn.
what? she was being kind!

Old 04-14-2020, 05:20 AM   #1775
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
What zipper? I believe the thing in the zipper area belong to her shirt, drawstrings.
why would a shirt like that need drawstrings?
if they're drawstrings, they belong to the trousers.

Old 04-14-2020, 07:33 AM   #1776
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Omega Concern to thread

Old 04-14-2020, 08:35 AM   #1777
Cool As Ice Cream

"clearly two false flags. the zipper sheeple fell for it, once again. "

Old 04-14-2020, 01:55 PM   #1778
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I don't think Jimmy or James have really said anything about her. It's between her and Billy. Not sure how D was mean-spirited in that interview, she was clearly very hurt and venting. Billy treated her like shit for a long time.
Not denying anything you said. Regarding James and Jimmy, both have said they kept a "hand-off" approach to the situation, but that they knew Billy tried to work with her on getting her to jam/record/reunite with the band. Also, it could be that more of her mean-spirited statements came from the comments she left on the web site, but between the two I remember her saying:

-She doesn't get addicted to drugs and can stop cold turkey at anytime.
-She's stronger and more physical able than anyone in the band (which, in all fairness, is probably true, but still a strange thing to bring up).
-She thinks Billy might have a brain tumor like this mother did.
-She was the only one in the band who could keep time and it was Billy and Jimmy who were sloppy and kept her from playing to her full ability.
-Also, anytime Buttcannon asked for specifics (e.g., when did you and Billy talk, how often did you talk before the reunion, was there any management involvement) she changes the subject.

Could very well be that everything she said was true, and like I said, it all falls on Billy if that turns out to be the case. That being said, the interview certainly did not make her seem like a person completely in touch with reality. Also, she gave an interview to Alternative Nation and another statement and photo to some random website. It seems like she could have gone to a more reputable source to really get her side of the story in he open.

Old 04-15-2020, 01:28 AM   #1779
Ram27
dumb

that all sounds insane besides the tumor part

Old 07-03-2021, 02:26 AM   #1780
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Exclamation

https://guitar.com/news/music-news/b...darcy-wretzky/

BILLY CORGAN ON WHETHER D’ARCY WRETZKY WILL EVER REJOIN SMASHING PUMPKINS: “THAT’S A DEAD END”
"She made it very clear that the bridge is burned"

By
Daniel Seah
4th December 2020

Billy Corgan has reiterated that there’s no chance of Smashing Pumpkins’ original bassist D’arcy Wretzky rejoining the band.

Speaking to Premier Guitar in an interview about the band’s latest album, Cyr, the frontman shut down any possibility of Wretzky returning to the fold. “D’arcy, that’s a dead end. That’s what I always tell people: She made it very clear that the bridge is burned,” he said.

Corgan then also brought up the period from 2016 to 2018 that he and Wretzky had reconnected, saying they were in fact trying to better their relationship, before it all soured again. “One thing I’d like to point out, her and I spoke for two years before it turned into a public fiasco,” he said.

“So we had two years of conversations about making amends and trying to put some pieces back together. So no one was more disappointed than I that not only did it end poorly, it turned into some stupid clickbait thing.”

In 2018, Wretzky gave her first public interview in 20 years, where she denied being invited back to the Smashing Pumpkins. Wretzky further substantiated her claims by sharing a lengthy text conversation between Corgan and herself publicly on Facebook [per Consequence Of Sound].

Fans have long pined for a reunion of the band’s original lineup. By the release of 2018’s Shiny and Oh So Bright, Vol. 1, original guitarist James Iha and drummer Jimmy Chamberlin had returned to the Pumpkins entirely; Wretzky, however, was noticeably absent.

Admitting that some wounds between Iha, Chamberlain and himself still run deep, Corgan said in the interview, “In the case of us three, we chose to make the band more important.”

“It’s not like we don’t have issues. It’s not like we’re magically okay and somebody else isn’t. The issues are there; we’re a family, we go through them,” he said. “The way the three of us have chosen to deal with that is to put it through the band and put it through the music.”

“At the end of the day, I was made out to be this evil person but the decision was [Wretzky’s].”

+++

JaJa, it was D'arcy's decision alone not to be part of Corgan's kind of family business...

Old 07-03-2021, 04:55 AM   #1781
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Even with D'arcy back in the band it'd still be Biff Tannen Hell Valley. Bill Tannen, that is.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:44 PM   #1782
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
https://guitar.com/news/music-news/b...darcy-wretzky/

BILLY CORGAN ON WHETHER D’ARCY WRETZKY WILL EVER REJOIN SMASHING PUMPKINS: “THAT’S A DEAD END”
"She made it very clear that the bridge is burned"

By
Daniel Seah
4th December 2020

Billy Corgan has reiterated that there’s no chance of Smashing Pumpkins’ original bassist D’arcy Wretzky rejoining the band.

Speaking to Premier Guitar in an interview about the band’s latest album, Cyr, the frontman shut down any possibility of Wretzky returning to the fold. “D’arcy, that’s a dead end. That’s what I always tell people: She made it very clear that the bridge is burned,” he said.

Corgan then also brought up the period from 2016 to 2018 that he and Wretzky had reconnected, saying they were in fact trying to better their relationship, before it all soured again. “One thing I’d like to point out, her and I spoke for two years before it turned into a public fiasco,” he said.

“So we had two years of conversations about making amends and trying to put some pieces back together. So no one was more disappointed than I that not only did it end poorly, it turned into some stupid clickbait thing.”

In 2018, Wretzky gave her first public interview in 20 years, where she denied being invited back to the Smashing Pumpkins. Wretzky further substantiated her claims by sharing a lengthy text conversation between Corgan and herself publicly on Facebook [per Consequence Of Sound].

Fans have long pined for a reunion of the band’s original lineup. By the release of 2018’s Shiny and Oh So Bright, Vol. 1, original guitarist James Iha and drummer Jimmy Chamberlin had returned to the Pumpkins entirely; Wretzky, however, was noticeably absent.

Admitting that some wounds between Iha, Chamberlain and himself still run deep, Corgan said in the interview, “In the case of us three, we chose to make the band more important.”

“It’s not like we don’t have issues. It’s not like we’re magically okay and somebody else isn’t. The issues are there; we’re a family, we go through them,” he said. “The way the three of us have chosen to deal with that is to put it through the band and put it through the music.”

“At the end of the day, I was made out to be this evil person but the decision was [Wretzky’s].”

+++

JaJa, it was D'arcy's decision alone not to be part of Corgan's kind of family business...
and whose decision was it that Darcy was not going to play with Grave Next Door?

Old 07-03-2021, 06:32 PM   #1783
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
and whose decision was it that Darcy was not going to play with Grave Next Door?
Netphoria's decision By sending her a link to this thread with rude comments about her ex-boyfriend's band:

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthre...187302&page=15

Old 07-04-2021, 08:14 AM   #1784
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

It's everybody else's fault but Darcy. Right.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:19 PM   #1785
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
It's everybody else's fault but Darcy. Right.
Would be childish to think so...
They only managed things with her so poorly that things had to get worse than necessary.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:27 AM   #1786
slippedonshoe
Pledge

D'arcy should be glad she got so far in the music business without any real talent. If it hadn't been for evil Billy, we wouldn't be here talking about her.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:06 AM   #1787
run2pee
Minion of Satan

So u bump this thread to troll with the “darcy had no talent” routine?

If it weren’t for her, Jimmy, and James, big willie would probably be working in a warehouse, or dead

So there, u big dumb dumb

Old 07-23-2021, 09:18 AM   #1788
slippedonshoe
Pledge

Yeah, cos D'Arcy is a highly sought after musician and songwriter. I wonder who the real troll is.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:40 AM   #1789
FoolofaTook

Old 07-23-2021, 10:27 AM   #1790
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippedonshoe View Post
Yeah, cos D'Arcy is a highly sought after musician and songwriter. I wonder who the real troll is.
Ok i will grant u that big willie might have persevered thru his severe mental trauma and NPD to, eventually, rise to the lustrous heights of penning furniture store jingles

Talkin great jingles that get stuck in your head and make u wanna buy that corner cabinet

But without the other 3, nobody would have give shits about big willies self-absorbed yodeling, or his lukewarm robert smith imitation

Old 07-23-2021, 06:02 PM   #1791
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Lol look at these unattractive monsters that tall guy is probably swimming in less-than pussy

Old 07-23-2021, 06:58 PM   #1792
FoolofaTook

yeah but they got infiltrated by isis

Old 07-23-2021, 07:43 PM   #1793
slunken
Virgo

Old 07-23-2021, 09:45 PM   #1794
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
Lol look at these unattractive monsters that tall guy is probably swimming in less-than pussy
they seem quite happy tho

Old 07-24-2021, 03:26 AM   #1795
FoolofaTook

I think he was being sarcastic, though it can be hard to tell with troll lord slunken.

Tbh some them are total busty babes, guy on the left's hella cute in a hamster kind of way, and the white dude looks like he's hung like whatcolor.

I was totally joking about the isis thing. I am NOT a racist.

Old 07-24-2021, 03:53 AM   #1796
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Lol @ all that merch they are wearing, it fucking SUCKS

Old 07-25-2021, 06:50 AM   #1797
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

/r/sadcringe

Old 07-25-2021, 06:52 AM   #1798
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

hearts and prayers to the one girl on the top right without an SP shirt on getting clawed by serial rapist guy

Old 07-25-2021, 02:21 PM   #1799
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

looks like pumpkins to me

Old 07-25-2021, 02:51 PM   #1800
Cool As Ice Cream

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
looks like pumpkins to me