Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 03:49 AM   #61
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

holy shit i seriously had no idea beidrins shot 11% from the line for the entire year

good fucking lord is that a record for futility

Old 12-08-2012, 03:50 AM   #62
Trotskilicious
Banned

In 2008, Andris Biedrins led the league in field goal percentage. But that's just one year. Try three -- from 2007-2009, Biedrins had one of the top 3 field goal percentages in the league each year.
In the 2009 season, Biedrins put up per-36 averages of 14-13 with 2 assists, 2 blocks, and 2 steals a night. You can't make this stuff up.

http://gothicginobili.com/?p=4857#p2

Old 12-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #63
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Old 12-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #64
Trotskilicious
Banned

how does robert pack dunk on you that's just fuckin sad

the other thing about that reel is that it shows how inexplicably long bradley played

Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #65
MusicMan4

Old 12-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #66
MusicMan4

there really should not have been overlap between bradley and yao's careers

i miss yao and this dude

wish they could come back

Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #67
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

haha i forgot that was against san antonio
pop must have lost his fucking mind

Old 12-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #68
Trotskilicious
Banned

actually pop probably just looked at his championship rings & trophies

Old 12-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #69
The Omega Concern
Banned

12-11-12

Warriors: 14-7. 7 games over. If they get to 12 over by the 21st...Doom!!!

We'll find out about where the Dubs are at as a team tomorrow night, when they play Miami. They're already 4-0 on this 7 game roadie, but got Atlanta as well to end the trip. It's just weird to see them battling the Clippers for the division lead right now.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #70
The Omega Concern
Banned

http://www.nba.com/heat/sites/heat/f...ore_121212.jpg

Warriors 97
Heat 95

gettin hot in the 510

Old 12-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #71
Trotskilicious
Banned

that shot mo williams made last night to beat the spurs in the final seconds was one of the most improbable shots i've ever seen

Old 12-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #72
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

hey let's talk about the knicks a little.
they made a pretty surprising leap forward this season, looking good, passing the ball, hittin' threes. i mean they're not going anywhere but at least they're fun, maybe they'll last past the first round in the playoffs. they raped the lakers pretty good last night

also, kobe is becoming hilariously selfish again after a couple of 'mature' years
like literally every time the ball is in his hands he's gonna shoot the tough contested fadeaway three pointer. he's making some insane shots but dude... jesus. the ego on this guy

Old 12-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #73
Trotskilicious
Banned

yeah kobe i absolutely hate more than any athlete anywhere. and it's not even the ball hogging, i was an iverson fan so you know (I mean AI frustrated me at the end of his career, not realizing that he could win a championship scoring 20 off the bench for a contender since old AI was an archtypal 6, but c'est la Iverson). It's that smugness, that fucking smirk. And the rape. I just absolutely hate him and everything he does. I mean that jump over the car was amusing but you're just so sure it's fake because it's Kobe. Ugh. I mean I don't think the guy ever matured, Phil has a way of tricking selfish idiots into being team players it must have to do with the triangle I dunno.

Knicks are interesting, I think. I wasn't quite sure why they would balk on paying Lin 14 mil in year three since that would be stuffed under the cap anyway and the Kidd/Felton backcourt is hilarious to me. But the Ronnie Brewer signing was deft, and that front court is beastly. Honestly I think they should move Amare someplace for a solid point or combo 2 but we'll see how that works out. I wouldn't want to block Shump any more than I'd have to. Having Shump & Brewcrew on the perimeter is scary lockdown defense. I have been a staunch fan of Tyson Chandler since his days in New Orleans, and who doesn't love J.R. Swish?

Old 12-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #74
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

apparently chandler is currently leading the league in field goal precentage. 9-10 last night! boy got swagger. amare is totally useless in this team right now. the knicks got it good though, i don't remember a situation quite so crystal clear in recent years - they don't need him, they got chandler sealing up the paint (ain't shaq or david robinson but you know), and can trade him for at least one great player. a solid point would indeed be wise, even though he might kind of block the game flow. i mean jason kidd did a great job with dallas but it just doesn't seem like he fits the rhythm right now. anyway def a solid point guard, or maybe a versatile 3.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #75
Trotskilicious
Banned

robinson doesn't have anything on tim duncan, he's better in every single facet of the game

my problem with kidd is his defense. yeah he can still run the point brilliantly but he's just absolutely useless at the other end

i really think his dallas years are over-valued

Old 12-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #76
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

who values them that much, really?
let's be honest jason kidd wasn't exactly dallas' most significant player. he had more of a veteran vibe, bringing his experience to the table and playing decent offense, but it's not like he's being regarded as one of the crucial players for that championship. terry and nowitzki ran the show.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #77
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
robinson doesn't have anything on tim duncan, he's better in every single facet of the game
do i really need to go pull some statistics that prove robinson was superior?
like, fuckin quadruple-double, 70 point games david robinson?
duncan is solid and efficient but he ain't up for that

Old 12-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #78
Trotskilicious
Banned

no because statistics are skewed by the fact that the spurs teams david robinson played for were very much lacking in scoring talent

and i will concede sure maybe robinson was a more gifted scorer, there is no way he was a better defender or passer

Old 12-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #79
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
who values them that much, really?
mavericks fans and casual fans

casual fans are always like OH MAN JASON KIDD IS AMAZING STEVE NASH IS AMAZING

actually espn seems to say the same shit

and those of us who know better are just sighing

Old 12-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #80
Trotskilicious
Banned

i mean i'd go as far to say that duncan is top ten all time

i mean lets see 1 jordan 2 russell 3 abdul-jabbar 4 chamberlin 5 duncan yeah sure fuck larry bird

Old 12-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #81
Trotskilicious
Banned

no obviously i'm forgetting magic

oscar robertson

hmm

Old 12-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #82
Trotskilicious
Banned

yeah then it would be duncan bird olajuwon bron-bron probably

shaq and kobe can suck shit

i mean i'd put shaq 11 i guess because it's no question he was dominant, but he was lousy in every other part of his game outside of archetypal center responsibilities and a lack of beauty to his game unlike wilt and kareem and besides he was a total monster freak compared to his contemporaries (so was wilt but he was so graceful, and he didn't have shit on 6-9 bill russell anyway) so i dunno

mikan is so far outside of my time and place that it's hard to rate. he's probably the most important player of all time. i mean not only did he develop the game as a player, create a training technique used to this day, he was the first commissioner of the ABA and is credited for the invention of the shot clock and the three point line. but best? I mean he was basically a guy that was one of the first people to figure out how to play the game effectively and consistently and was also a freak compared to his contemporaries.

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 12-16-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:46 AM   #83
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
no because statistics are skewed by the fact that the spurs teams david robinson played for were very much lacking in scoring talent

and i will concede sure maybe robinson was a more gifted scorer, there is no way he was a better defender or passer
what
he was a great defender. like obviously statistics don't always tell the whole story and i don't want to keep bringing them up like a dweeb but he averaged like 3.5-4 blocks per game in the early 90's. that says something for his intimidation power, and players were changing their shots because of him. i mean yeah he wasn't exactly threatening magic with his passing skills, and duncan is admittedly superior in that regard, but i wouldn't say that factor alone makes him superior altogether, necessarily

Old 12-17-2012, 04:57 AM   #84
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
i mean i'd go as far to say that duncan is top ten all time

i mean lets see 1 jordan 2 russell 3 abdul-jabbar 4 chamberlin 5 duncan yeah sure fuck larry bird
i have a hard time making these lists because i always want to name players i just like and not necessarily 'teh legend'z .
alright let's give it a shot
1 jordan 2 magic 3 robertson 4 russell 5 bird 6 kareem 7 see i wanna put iverson on here but it would be futile. the guy never won a championship and is generally kept out of lists like this for his dumbass-ness

7 kobe (i agree he can eat shit but he's too accomplished) 8 hakeem 9 i dunno jesus, barkley or whatever? ugh
see i can never get through it now i'm sick of myself ARE YOU HAPYP

Old 12-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #85
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
yeah kobe i absolutely hate more than any athlete anywhere. It's that smugness, that fucking smirk.
check this out
kobe's comments after his 34 point effort in philly last night

Quote:
"I like shooting," Bryant said. "I don't care how it comes. I like putting them up. It doesn't matter how it comes. I'm being honest."

Quote:
"I wouldn't say I'm a ball hog. I'm a shooter," Bryant said, continuing with his 20-minute postgame media session when he described his love for scoring points the way a millionaire describes every one of the dollars he has made. "I don't necessarily hog the ball, but I put them up though."

There was more: "I definitely much rather shoot it than pass it. That's just how I am."

And more: "I'm a scorer, man. You don't get 30,000 points without knowing how to put yourself in positions to shoot it. The ball just finds scorers and I can always, no matter what system you're in, you can always find a way. Getting up 30 shots ain't easy. A lot of people don't know how to do that."

And even more: "That's what I do. It's like superheroes. Superman can fly. Spider-Man has webs. Steve [Nash] can pass. I shoot. … I get 'em up! I make no bones about it. That's what I do. That's what I do. Some nights they fall, some nights they don't. But, [Dennis] Rodman was a rebounder, Coop [Michael Cooper] was a defender, I'm a shooter." With that, he added a laugh.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #86
Trotskilicious
Banned

haha oh boy

i'm not calling doom on the lakers unless they are below .500 at the ASB, all of this strikes me kind of like how people go OMG THE YANKEES AREN'T GOOD IN MAY? And then they end up winning the division by the end of the year anyway.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #87
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

I dunno man seems like things just arn't clicking
Plus they don't really have a genuine shot at the title if you ask me
both Miami and OKC would butcher them in a playoff setting.
This year's lakers team is pretty much kobe's vehicle to put up some numbers before he fucks off to a home

Old 12-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #88
Trotskilicious
Banned

i never thought they had any title chance, the expectation that they did is typical ESPN over-evaluation, major team bias

my lakers friend was entirely skeptical, she thinks dwight is poison, than artest is overrated and people think nash is still exceptional because nobody paid much attention to him in phoenix the last few years, you know? i think she's absolutely right

Old 12-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #89
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Thumbs up

a lady basketball enthusiast friend? that's pretty coll

i guess she's on the money cause i sure as fuck didn't follow steve nash playing the same season over and over and over and over again

Old 12-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #90
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i don't get those types of players that just go through the same season for like 10 years at a time, like nash and garnett in minnesota and iverson in philly

as much as i dislike lebron at least he didn't fall into that trap and played his cards well, even if a little cowardly