Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2018, 01:56 PM   #301
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
I would be extremely surprised if if it didn't wind up costing $300. I think he's coming around to how much the fanbase wants the thing.
you think he's come around to how much the fanbase has dwindled because of this?

Old 08-30-2018, 02:21 PM   #302
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Fanbase was dying out way before the reissue campaign my man.

He's probably got more people paying attention to him now than he has for years.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:12 PM   #303
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
That makes no sense at all. The album went gold and gave them two hit songs with everlasting gaze and stand inside your love. Are you for real?
A) We live in a universe where time is constantly moving forward, therefore it is not, in fact, 2000 anymore.

B) Even if this weren't true, MACHINA underperformed in terms of sales relative to the first 4 albums

C) Album sales =/= commercial appeal. Also: see A)

Old 08-30-2018, 04:23 PM   #304
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

you know he's a troll, right?

Old 08-30-2018, 04:50 PM   #305
myosis
Minion of Satan

I Know You Know (He's a Troll)

Old 08-30-2018, 06:09 PM   #306
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

In no universe were Everlasting Gaze and SIYL hit singles.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:21 PM   #307
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
In no universe were Everlasting Gaze and SIYL hit singles.
no, this is definitely false. I know of a couple of universa where there were hit singles.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:31 PM   #308
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

They got a very minor amount of airplay. Definitely not hit singles.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:27 PM   #309
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Liberty and the Epiphany Machine was the B-side name driving me crazy. It was in the old MACHINA thread that I brought it up and no one could remember it. Glad to have that nailed down.

"May 7, 2000 - Sunrise, FL - hello from the sunshine state! last night was a gas...we had it all...rock people ...rich girls unleashed unknowingly on a sleepy public, to declare siren songs of domination...we let her loose because she is us and we are becoming her more and more in a half-life sense of the word...so as I write we prepare in dusty tomes for tonight's show...what is it going to be? maybe tonight is the night to let it all fall apart so it can be put together humpty dumpty style...we are lost in the wilderness of florida, sunstreaked and crying...is there anybody out there we declare in junk 50's poetry, and the slapback drums yes! yes! yes! cause we are way out there and we are coming to your town...or at least a mall near you...the story is being told I have to remind myself cause I forget that we are in it and the ending is not yet written...or is it in an envelope near you? check under your pillow cause you might find a yellowed tooth or maybe a band of gold or maybe just a plain old band...may god bless florida! it brings out the demon in me...ps. the next b-side is liberty and the epiphany machine, coming to a u.k. record shop near you backed with that song why try, try, try, and keep on trying...we ask ourselves that every single day in every single way...xo"

Old 08-31-2018, 02:00 AM   #310
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtSampson View Post
imagine paying for this when 90% is online already
The box sets also includə a DVD, which in that case could be the final show or the Arising! Tour.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:23 AM   #311
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Even if they shot the final Metro show or the Arising! tour on video, it would be awesome if they released it on Blu-ray for lossless audio.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:37 AM   #312
thedeadofnight
Ownz

Old 08-31-2018, 05:43 AM   #313
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

That doesn’t make sense. Is he just being cheap? Budget artwork by Linda?

Old 08-31-2018, 06:01 AM   #314
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

I suppose it's a licencing thing, plus it didn't really jump off the shelves with the brown hues.

I would love a graphic novel too. I wonder what will happen with the whole GATMOG anime and its remixes?

Old 08-31-2018, 09:08 AM   #315
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
Liberty and the Epiphany Machine was the B-side name driving me crazy. It was in the old MACHINA thread that I brought it up and no one could remember it. Glad to have that nailed down.
Can someone just ask him if this is an alternate title for something we already know, or something we've never heard before.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:08 AM   #316
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

Artwork by Mr. Choo Choo

Old 08-31-2018, 09:42 AM   #317
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Don't think this will involve Colona Productions. Talk of storyboards and graphic novels makes me wonder if they're going to try to revisit the GATMOG animated look in a way. I'd go with someone like Lan Medina for that.

It's possible he also thinks all of Vasily's plates were too abstract to get across the story as well as he'd have liked. I remember when it came out I dug that there was kind of a concept behind it but it didn't feel presented in anything close to a coherent fashion.

Fucking sucks VK won't be involved, but hey, not the first time one of the reissues had an art controversy.

Last edited by Shadaloo : 09-01-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:21 AM   #318
dpmurph17
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post

"May 7, 2000 - Sunrise, FL - hello from the sunshine state! last night was a gas...we had it all...rock people ...rich girls unleashed unknowingly on a sleepy public, to declare siren songs of domination...we let her loose because she is us and we are becoming her more and more in a half-life sense of the word...so as I write we prepare in dusty tomes for tonight's show...what is it going to be? maybe tonight is the night to let it all fall apart so it can be put together humpty dumpty style...we are lost in the wilderness of florida, sunstreaked and crying...is there anybody out there we declare in junk 50's poetry, and the slapback drums yes! yes! yes! cause we are way out there and we are coming to your town...or at least a mall near you...the story is being told I have to remind myself cause I forget that we are in it and the ending is not yet written...or is it in an envelope near you? check under your pillow cause you might find a yellowed tooth or maybe a band of gold or maybe just a plain old band...may god bless florida! it brings out the demon in me...ps. the next b-side is liberty and the epiphany machine, coming to a u.k. record shop near you backed with that song why try, try, try, and keep on trying...we ask ourselves that every single day in every single way...xo"
I asked WPC about the song and he told me he thinks he was joking.....so oh well. The May 10, 2000 post says he changed it back to 'Here's To The Atom Bomb'.

Quote:
May 10, 2000 - Birmingham, AL - when I asked someone what the tabernacle was like in atlanta, they told me it was a shithole...well they we're wrong because not only was last nights show one of the best of the sacred and profane tour, but I thought that the place was beautiful and inspiring...the band always plays better when people are close up...sweat was dripping off the walls and you just knew you were in the right place...long live rock and roll! the upcoming b-side for the try single is changed, and will probably be "here's to the atom bomb" instead of "liberty in the crosshairs of time"

Old 09-01-2018, 08:26 AM   #319
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

This reissue is going to suck.

I'll still probably torrent it.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:46 AM   #320
FoolofaTook

it's kinda like stealing dxm. you know it sucks, you know it will make you sick, you know it's shameful, yet you still steal it.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #321
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Lol- reissue? What for? 90% is already available (internet).
So who is going to buy this? Maxbe a 300 hardcore fans?
Funny how billy treats ppl on insta.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:07 AM   #322
FoolofaTook

funny how you act like you're not a slav

Old 09-01-2018, 11:07 AM   #323
FoolofaTook

when we all know you are from belarus

Old 09-01-2018, 11:15 AM   #324
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
They got a very minor amount of airplay. Definitely not hit singles.
As I said before Wikipedia is your friend. It doesn’t have to be a guessing game.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...ns_discography

They were clearly both hit songs

Old 09-02-2018, 02:13 AM   #325
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
As I said before Wikipedia is your friend. It doesn’t have to be a guessing game.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...ns_discography

They were clearly both hit songs
EG isn’t even listed. SIYL landed at 11 in the US charts.

Nobody in the general public would be able to name those songs if asked. They were not hits.

Old 09-02-2018, 02:51 AM   #326
Catherine Wheel
Banned

EG was a promotional single with a video. It was 14 on mainstream rock charts. Are you honestly telling me that 11 and 14 on mainstream rock charts doesn’t mean it’s a real genuine hit? You are going to just argue for the sake of arguing and not just admit that I’m right and Machina does have commercial appeal?

I’m convinced now that netphoria is bizarro world. Everything here is so assbackwards

Last edited by Catherine Wheel : 09-02-2018 at 03:00 AM.

Old 09-02-2018, 03:00 AM   #327
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Yeah that's exactly what we're telling you. #11 and #14 are minor hits. They probably only held that chart position for a week or two. There was very little hype around the release of Machina. I was there and remember only hearing those songs a couple of times on the radio. The public had moved on from the band at that point and the sales of the album reflect that.

Old 09-02-2018, 03:05 AM   #328
Catherine Wheel
Banned

The album went gold. They played on letterman and Leno and Bill Maher’s old show. You’re not making any sense. Or you’re just masochistic or bored and that’s why you are arguing this pointless case

Old 09-02-2018, 03:09 AM   #329
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

500,000 albums was nothing in 2000. Very low sales for a time when physical media was still prevalent. Yeah they did promo tv spots, sure, just on name recognition alone. The album was not very successful, go ask Billy if he thinks it was.

Old 09-02-2018, 03:48 AM   #330
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

zeitgeist was number 2 it was a super smash hit