Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2007, 12:58 PM   #121
million_watts
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull

this is not difficult logic.

SP has a fanatical fanbase and haven't toured in seven years=lots of tickets sold.

NIN plays europe and then plays europe 18 months later. obviously, they sell less tickets because they just fucking toured.
point remains, they have one more tour in those seven years than the pumpkins. inbetween fragile and with teeth almost six years passed and the outcome was nowhere close around here. it drastically went downhill ever since then. and "less tickets" is one thing, an half empty hall is another.... i'm not even hating on them, i bought a ticket myself on every damn tour, just saying how it is...

Old 08-24-2007, 12:58 PM   #122
Caine Walker
Braindead

a half empty hall? NIN sold that badly? i find that pretty hard to believe.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:59 PM   #123
redbull
Immortal

How many times they toured within that time period is irrelevant, the point is that NIN had just toured, whereas SP hadn't in forever.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:59 PM   #124
million_watts
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine Walker
a half empty hall? NIN sold that badly? i find that pretty hard to believe.
so did i

Old 08-24-2007, 01:00 PM   #125
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
seriously. he looks like he's be almost painfully awkward.
absolutely. he seems almost asexual to me. On the other hand, I'm strangely attracted to him, so go figure.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:00 PM   #126
million_watts
Demi-God

Quote:
How many times they toured within that time period is irrelevant, the point is that NIN had just toured, whereas SP hadn't in forever.
according to you with teeth tour should have been massive, the break was almost as long

Old 08-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #127
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

This is one of the first things I can say I agree with Courtney Love about... I wouldn't sleep with T.R if he were the last dude on Earth

Old 08-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #128
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by million_watts
according to you with teeth tour should have been massive, the break was almost as long
and SP should be playing 10,000 seat arenas.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #129
trev
charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando
Hmmm. He's still mad that Eye was the only reason people bought the Lost Highway Soundtrack?
perfect drug is worlds better than eye, even biased billy lovers should admit this.

and to get on topic, i think NME took trent way out of context with the statements in the article.

"I was never a big Smashing Pumpkins fan back when they were the Pumpkins, not to shit on Billy (Corgan) or anything but I don't hear anything that would make me want to care."
"I think trying to resurrect the name Smashing Pumpkins .........its all a bit corporate for me."

i'm guessing the question would have been something like "you've mentioned in the past about liking billy corgan and his music. what do you think of the new SP?"

and his response was probably saying
a) (about old SP) that he wasn't a BIG fan, and
b) (about new SP) "not to shit on billy (because of their history and presumably friendship) but i don't hear anything of the new SP that would make me want to care"

lots of old fans would agree with the "b)" part , and i think lots of people here agree with his last statement (about resurrecting the name SP) regardless.

but yes, NIN are awesome, trent is very talented and year zero was pretty good, not mind blowing, but not crap at all. zero sum is fucking beautiful, reminiscent of right where it belongs from with teeth, or even hurt.

i adore adore -
the downward spiral is like their SD, the common fan favourite.
the fragile is like their mellon collie, more rock / guitary / heavier than most of their work, but has a lot of diversity over 2 CD's. the fragile was my "entry point" to NIN.
my favourite is with teeth, i think it's the perfect mix of all of their styles in one.

and whoever said their live show is like listening to a CD, try it out first. i saw them 3 times in 3 nights a few months ago on their AUS tour, and the setlists were mixed around, hell they even played some of the same songs differently on different nights. they are being more artistic than the new pumpkins, i think any non biased music lover would agree.

billy could and should've learnt a lot from trent. particularly how to mix a studio recording, and maybe how to ignore courtney love as well.

Last edited by trev : 08-24-2007 at 01:11 PM.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #130
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
This is one of the first things I can say I agree with Courtney Love about... I wouldn't sleep with T.R if he were the last dude on Earth
ooh, i think TR's pretty hot. i wouldn't kick him out of bed, knowhatimean?

Old 08-24-2007, 01:05 PM   #131
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

Uh not really he looks like he never takes a shower and can use some good listerine, ya know what I mean?

Old 08-24-2007, 01:06 PM   #132
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
point remains, they have one more tour in those seven years than the pumpkins. inbetween fragile and with teeth almost six years passed and the outcome was nowhere close around here. it drastically went downhill ever since then. and "less tickets" is one thing, an half empty hall is another.... i'm not even hating on them, i bought a ticket myself on every damn tour, just saying how it is...

And again how well did TFE?, Lets face it 2 years from now SP2 will be doing shit sales also.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:06 PM   #133
million_watts
Demi-God

Quote:
and SP should be playing 10,000 seat arenas.
you seriously doubt they wouldn't have sold at least close to that if 3000 tickets sell in a matter of seconds for every single show?? you're trying to corner me for no reason, i'm not hating on NIN at all. i'll be there yet again the next time they tour. not all too many others will be the way it looks right now. once again, only speaking for germany...

Old 08-24-2007, 01:07 PM   #134
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev
billy could and should've learnt a lot from trent. particularly how to mix a studio recording, and maybe how to ignore courtney love as well.
good points, both.

actually, good post overall.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #135
million_watts
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
And again how well did TFE?, Lets face it 2 years from now SP2 will be doing shit sales also.
you cant compare that. NIN draw a couple hundred people right now right here. how many do you think would show up for some non-existent side project of trent?

Old 08-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #136
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday
Uh not really he looks like he never takes a shower and can use some good listerine, ya know what I mean?
to each his (or her) own

http://www.audiohead.net/interviews/...ieiieiieil.jpg

looks good to me.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #137
redchandelier
Ownz

Quote:

I know billy is sort of ummm... awkward, but I've always thought that he'd be a "great fuck", because.....well, it really doesn't matter why I think that......, but I still think he'd be a good fuck.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #138
Caine Walker
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev
perfect drug is worlds better than eye, even biased billy lovers should admit this.

my favourite is with teeth, i think it's the perfect mix of all of their styles in one.

i will never, ever agree that Perfect Drug is better than Eye. that's like, your opinion, man.

with teeth sounds the most forced of all their albums. i mean, it's ok. but year zero was way more thought out and executed with a lot more finesse.

yes and YES.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #139
redbull
Immortal

Thumbs down

Quote:
you seriously doubt they wouldn't have sold at least close to that if 3000 tickets sell in a matter of seconds for every single show?? you're trying to corner me for no reason, i'm not hating on NIN at all. i'll be there yet again the next time they tour. not all too many others will be the way it looks right now. once again, only speaking for germany...
i'm not trying to corner you, you just don't seem to understand the concept of market saturation

Old 08-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #140
Caine Walker
Braindead

oh, you were talking about germany? that doesn't surprise me as much then. NIN would sell the fuck out in the US, no problem.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #141
million_watts
Demi-God

ok, you've convinced me: if trent would put out a solo album it would go massive although his main act, which happens to be one of the biggest names of the last decade, sells shockingly poor right now.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:14 PM   #142
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redchandelier
I know billy is sort of ummm... awkward, but I've always thought that he'd be a "great fuck", because.....well, it really doesn't matter why I think that......, but I still think he'd be a good fuck.
i'd be willing to give it the old college try

Old 08-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #143
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

i don't really have any issues with the quote. there's only really 2 nin songs i really cared about, and i don't think i've ever been more depressed than i was during that time. ToEachesOwn, as i like to say

Old 08-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #144
million_watts
Demi-God

Quote:
oh, you were talking about germany? that doesn't surprise me as much then. NIN would sell the fuck out in the US, no problem.
well, we're talking about the third biggest music market in the world....

Old 08-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #145
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

Ok some of his music is good but the lyrics are horrid and he looks showered in that pic but he still doesn't do it for me, like you said to each his own

Old 08-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #146
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipgo

Skip your married though!

Old 08-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #147
redchandelier
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipgo

I wouldn't mind either

Old 08-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #148
skipgo
Minion of Satan

at least we won't have to fight over mr. three inch nails.

i like how the girls are having this discussion about who's more fuckable, and the guys are having serious discussion about the music.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:18 PM   #149
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

whores

Old 08-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #150
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Ok some of his music is good but the lyrics are horrid and he looks showered in that pic but he still doesn't do it for me, like you said to each his own

BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT BRING THE LGIHT BRING THE LIGHT