FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

not me. i'm leaving forever!!

Old 04-08-2018, 12:53 PM   #302
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
Ticket sales are actually doing a lot better recently.

Also why the fuck do y’all think D’Arcy could play bass on this tour?

She looks like she was trampled by a horse

Dont you get it?obviously she isnt healthy enuff(mentally and physically) to do a tour.
Dude- if you arent completely fit you wont play.the same in sport.

This tour is all about the money.
Sp merchandise stuff is horribly designed.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:57 PM   #303
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

The show starts....

The lights go out. Fans applaud. The spotlight rises and out walks Billy, Jimmy, James and Jeff... Followed by D'arcy! She walks up with her bass and they all start ripping into the set and rocks out a great night for the fans.

THE INTERNET WOULD BE ABLAZE WITH HYPE THE NEXt day.

Hahaha 99.99 per cent dont know darcy. Nobody except some fans give a fuck if shes in....

Wake up dreamers. Sp died in 2000.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #304
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
Wake up dreamers.
Wow let’s not debate immigration reform please

Old 04-08-2018, 01:32 PM   #305
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
The show starts....

The lights go out. Fans applaud. The spotlight rises and out walks Billy, Jimmy, James and Jeff... Followed by D'arcy! She walks up with her bass and they all start ripping into the set and rocks out a great night for the fans.

THE INTERNET WOULD BE ABLAZE WITH HYPE THE NEXt day.

Hahaha 99.99 per cent dont know darcy. Nobody except some fans give a fuck if shes in....

BINGO

Old 04-08-2018, 01:42 PM   #306
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

In twenty years ALL four reunite on a TV show for playing bingo.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:34 PM   #307
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
In twenty years ALL four reunite on a TV show for playing bingo.
The game will end with D'arcy pulling out Billy's dentures.

Old 04-08-2018, 04:49 PM   #308
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
It would be genius, but it will never happen. Billy feels he's been betrayed by D'arcy and I doubt anybody in his inner circle will tell him to reach out to her. She's probably dead to him. It's sad because as pissed as D'arcy is like I've said, she would take a call from him.

I can understand why Billy would be furious/hurt about the texts being leaked and the comments she made in the interview, but he also has to realize how hurt she was when the rug was pulled out from under her about being the bassist (and the way it was done), and that it opened up old wounds. He also should realize that he talked shit for years about James, D'arcy, and even Jimmy during a period and he NEVER once received a receipt from any of them. I'm not saying two wrongs make a right, but if you're going to dish it, you better be ready to take it.

It's not good for either of them to hold onto these bad feelings for the rest of their lives. I've talked to D'arcy quite a bit, and I wish for her on a personal level they could work it out and she could get closure.

Also I recall D'arcy saying in our interview that Billy told her Live Nation had agreed to the 3/4 tour. I'm sure they're having regrets when it comes to that now, if they'd told him no D'arcy no dice he would have been forced to work out whatever unresolved issues he had with her. Not that the tour is tanking, but it would be doing a lot better if she was there. I actually didn't think it would have as big of an effect at first, but D'arcy's absence and the ugly way the falling out happened has shaped media coverage and public opinion in a major way.

Billy also has not had any real explanation at all for why he excluded her, just the vague press release, the bridge is burned NYT comments, and the stupid Instagram comments about who played bass/who will play bass. I really thought he'd come out with something that would at least make it at least somewhat understandable from his POV, but the little that has been said just further back up her claims.

At the very least Live Nation should try to make her a very lucrative offer to be a guest at several shows. While the guest offer pissed off D'arcy as seen from the interview and texts, what really teed her off was that Billy wouldn't even give specifics including a money offer for a guest spot. If I were Live Nation I'd try to order Corgan to meet in person with D'arcy and a third party/band therapist type, and if things could be worked out at the very least give her a huge money offer to be a guest. But again, I don't think Billy would agree to this unfortunately, and it's to his own detriment. The tour would sell a lot more tickets, and it'd vastly improve public opinion of him.
The silence from Billy and the band really speaks volumes. I think with hindsight that they now realize that they fucked up. I'm still shocked that they dealt with the D'arcy situation in such a chickenshit way. You'd figure with Live Nation on board that the negotiations with her would've been a lot more professional.

The way this thing has been rolled out has really been sort of gross. Even though I didn't like Oceania tour, you at least had to respect Billy for what he was trying to accomplish artistically. He seemed like the kind of guy who really wanted to proceed with integrity but to do a total nostalgia cash-grab after ripping Pavement and Soundgarden to shreds for doing it just a handful of years earlier is really kind of slimy.

Old 04-08-2018, 04:54 PM   #309
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
foo fighters
green day
rhcp

among others
Matchbox 20
Blink 182
Rage Against The Machine

Old 04-08-2018, 04:56 PM   #310
FoolofaTook

BORIS

Old 04-08-2018, 04:59 PM   #311
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
Foos didn’t necessarily hit it big until after Colour and Shape came out, late 90s, by that time the Pumpkins were, mostly, done.

Green Day definitely wouldn’t sell as much tickets any more as SP is on this tour.

RHCP probably would, but they’re an 80s band.

Soundgarden was about as big as the Pumpkins were and opening for NIN, no way they could’ve sold a good half-to-three/fourths of seats in a huge arena during their comeback and that was an actual reunion.

I’m talking about bands from that initial 89/early 90s wave.
You gotta understand that when you do a reunion tour like this, it's a one-off excitement. Once the tour's finished, they're not going to be able to return to those venues a couple years later. When STP reunited they sold out the big arenas the first time around... Then 2 years later the venue was half full, then 2 years after that they were playing in a much smaller minor league hockey arena that was only half full. So it's not really fair to compare this tour to other acts who have never went away.

I disagree about Green Day though. Think about it, if they were as much of a sellout as Smashing Pumpkins are they'd be easily able to fill up those venues. Just imagine something like a Dookie/American Idiot tour where they'd play the full albums back to back. Would be a cant miss.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:04 PM   #312
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:

I don't know why people keep tossing this narrative around. Think about it, if people care enough to spend almost 100 dollars to sit in the rafters to see Smashing Pumpkins, then the majority of them would obviously know who D'arcy is.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:06 PM   #313
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
The silence from Billy and the band really speaks volumes. I think with hindsight that they now realize that they fucked up. I'm still shocked that they dealt with the D'arcy situation in such a chickenshit way. You'd figure with Live Nation on board that the negotiations with her would've been a lot more professional.

The way this thing has been rolled out has really been sort of gross. Even though I didn't like Oceania tour, you at least had to respect Billy for what he was trying to accomplish artistically. He seemed like the kind of guy who really wanted to proceed with integrity but to do a total nostalgia cash-grab after ripping Pavement and Soundgarden to shreds for doing it just a handful of years earlier is really kind of slimy.
I don't think doing the nostalgia tour makes him a complete hypocrite, they have new music coming out even before the tour starts. Pavement never released new music, and Soundgarden took 2 and a half years to put out a new album. What makes the tour hypocritical is that Billy had been saying for two years that what was most important about the reunion was repairing the 'family' relationship with the entire original lineup. The whole D'arcy situation destroys the whole point of what this was supposed to be.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:09 PM   #314
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Damn, you are out of touch. Foo Fighters were big from the first album, Green Day is still huge and sells out every show, RHCP had their biggest success in the 90's by far and has a rabid fanbase and sells out every show. NIN still hasn't put out a good album since 1994, btw.
Lol no kidding eh? ninsp sounds young. That first FF record was huge. The first 2 singles were huge radio hits and Big Me exploded. That video aired constantly

Old 04-08-2018, 05:16 PM   #315
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
I don't think doing the nostalgia tour makes him a complete hypocrite, they have new music coming out even before the tour starts. Pavement never released new music, and Soundgarden took 2 and a half years to put out a new album. What makes the tour hypocritical is that Billy had been saying for two years that what was most important about the reunion was repairing the 'family' relationship with the entire original lineup. The whole D'arcy situation destroys the whole point of what this was supposed to be.
I disagree. The Live Nation venture is strictly a nostalgia tour. It's exactly what he criticized other bands for doing. If the new music was part of the tour then it would be a different story, but the band is really making a point to emphasize to the public that only the oldies will be played.

I could see if the angle was "well, we're just doing the tour to get back in the groove and mesh together again and then we'll hit the studio after the tour so the rust is off", but that isn't the case.... They have a ton of new music already recorded and ready to debut live, they're just not gonna play it because they wanna sell out and make a bunch of money... Again, exactly what Billy would rally against... In a way that's even worse than what Pavement did... To have new music and willingly not play it in order to sell tickets.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:23 PM   #316
fuzzyroes
Banned

I really just don't understand Billy Corgans mindset. You have all of this new music that you're apparently so excited about, yet you're not gonna play any of it on the tour? Why not play it, try it out? It's clear that the only way Live Nation would take part is if it was only old material. It's total sell out bullshit.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:40 PM   #317
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
It's total sell out bullshit.
Billy's in the hole.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:51 PM   #318
T&T
Socialphobic

can we stay on the instagram subject?

what's with the "mr choo choo' name for AJ. am I the only one that finds it super disturbing..?

Old 04-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #319
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

yes...?

Old 04-08-2018, 08:19 PM   #320
T&T
Socialphobic

do you think billy does it without realizing how creepy it is? or is he just SO fucked up he wants his kid to be fucked up too?

Old 04-08-2018, 09:01 PM   #321
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Yes, Billy wants Auggie to become a train wreck too.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:45 PM   #322
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
do you think billy does it without realizing how creepy it is? or is he just SO fucked up he wants his kid to be fucked up too?
i should be clear. i don't think it'd weird.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:08 PM   #323
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, I think he's just being silly on instagram. If he does say it to his son, it would be in a joking manner.

Old 04-08-2018, 11:49 PM   #324
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Lol no kidding eh? ninsp sounds young. That first FF record was huge. The first 2 singles were huge radio hits and Big Me exploded. That video aired constantly
fuzzy you’re retarded

numbers don’t matter clearly

Old 04-09-2018, 05:45 AM   #325
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

It's not that weird, it's just an affectionate nickname for a kid who clearly likes trains

Old 04-09-2018, 06:02 AM   #326
Try Try Give Up
Oblivious Virgin

It seems ridiculous to me that after attempting to assassinate every aspect of Billy’s character, D’arcy would still be willing to work with him.

You can’t say what she said and then end it with a ‘please do call me though so we can work things out, you insufferable, talentless prick’.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:10 AM   #327
FoolofaTook

why not?

Old 04-09-2018, 08:10 AM   #328
FoolofaTook

billy does it all the time

Old 04-09-2018, 07:18 PM   #329
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

'The stakes are high and so am I, it's a free for all' - Ted Nugent

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

Gross, dude. Is b0lly aware what a gross dude Ted Nugent is? Pooping his pants and marrying kids and shit?

Nice to know what I've been missing from pumpkinland. Blech

Old 04-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #330
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try Try Give Up View Post
It seems ridiculous to me that after attempting to assassinate every aspect of Billy’s character, D’arcy would still be willing to work with him.

You can’t say what she said and then end it with a ‘please do call me though so we can work things out, you insufferable, talentless prick’.
She was willing to talk to him at least as of a month or so ago if he was the one to call around the time of the interview. She might feel differently now. Being willing to talk to him does not mean she'd be willing to work with him, the conversation would have to go a certain way for that to happen, which it probably wouldn't.

Also Billy assassinated James Iha's character for years and is working with him again.