Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2017, 03:04 PM   #2851
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
something tells me that you have at least some people on the equivilent of ignore on your FB account.

this board is social media just like anything else.
I don't use Facebook.

If I did, I'd probably have everyone on ignore. Shit was pretty insufferable as is when I disconnected back in 2011.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:39 PM   #2852
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
yeah. and let's try to keep it completely free of persecuting innocent people because you're off your meds

you sanctimonious dickhead
what does this even mean

Old 09-02-2017, 04:24 PM   #2853
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

http://i.imgur.com/SLUYm.gif

Old 09-02-2017, 04:28 PM   #2854
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Your a nut

Your crazy in teh coconut

Old 09-02-2017, 07:05 PM   #2855
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i don't really feel like i'm the oldest one in here anymore

Old 09-02-2017, 07:10 PM   #2856
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

had my first laser hair removal session today. it hurt. but it only lasted about 15 min.

Old 09-02-2017, 07:16 PM   #2857
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

need more details pls, this is one thing I wanted to do for a couple of years now and chickenshitted out (yes, that is a word.)

how badly irritated are the most sensitive bits of skin afterwards? like above the upper lip? and do you get a rash?

in short, do I need to take a couple of days off to do this because I'll look like Frankenstein?

Old 09-02-2017, 08:12 PM   #2858
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
what does this even mean
I don't know man. It's so hard sometimes. Maybe it has something to do with being a complete fucking asshole?

Old 09-02-2017, 08:14 PM   #2859
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Smile

that's not bonsoir's fault

hyuk hyuk

Old 09-02-2017, 08:37 PM   #2860
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Oh shit it just got dramatic in here

When 2 nice cool people fight an angel loses its wings

Old 09-02-2017, 09:04 PM   #2861
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
need more details pls, this is one thing I wanted to do for a couple of years now and chickenshitted out (yes, that is a word.)

how badly irritated are the most sensitive bits of skin afterwards? like above the upper lip? and do you get a rash?

in short, do I need to take a couple of days off to do this because I'll look like Frankenstein?
I would compare the pain level with getting a tattoo. the difference being that it's short 'pokes' instead of the more continuous feeling when getting inked. The pain varies by the number of hairs per square inch. The more hair folicles you have under the laser the more energy gets pumped into your skin. I have a very thick beard, so the sensation was strong. around the bottom of my neck though, where my hair is thin it didn't hurt much.

while my skin felt hot immediately after, I had no real skin irritation later in the day. If it's done properly and on the correct setting you shouldn't have any significant irritation. You shouldn't need to take off work to do it.

Also, 9 out of 10 of my facial hairs are dark. It only works on dark hair. blonde, grey or red hair aren't affected by the laser. eventually i'll have to have some electrolysis because 10% of my facial hairs are red.

it is crazy fucking expensive. I'm paying $3,700 for 9 sessions over 18 months. My dysphoria is heavily connected to my voice and my face. For me getting rid of my facial hair is something i can do ASAP that helps me right away so I'd pay almost anything at this point.

I'm also starting electrolysis on my chest in a couple of weeks. my chest hair is very scant so i figure i can get rid of it in one or two hour long sessions and it'll be cheaper than doing laser, which requires multiple sessions to get the majority of hair.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:07 PM   #2862
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

all the nice people! be nice to each other!

Old 09-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #2863
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

All of us have a mean streak

Old 09-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #2864
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I know I could have loved you but you would not let me.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:44 PM   #2865
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
I would compare the pain level with getting a tattoo. the difference being that it's short 'pokes' instead of the more continuous feeling when getting inked. The pain varies by the number of hairs per square inch. The more hair folicles you have under the laser the more energy gets pumped into your skin. I have a very thick beard, so the sensation was strong. around the bottom of my neck though, where my hair is thin it didn't hurt much.

while my skin felt hot immediately after, I had no real skin irritation later in the day. If it's done properly and on the correct setting you shouldn't have any significant irritation. You shouldn't need to take off work to do it.

Also, 9 out of 10 of my facial hairs are dark. It only works on dark hair. blonde, grey or red hair aren't affected by the laser. eventually i'll have to have some electrolysis because 10% of my facial hairs are red.

it is crazy fucking expensive. I'm paying $3,700 for 9 sessions over 18 months. My dysphoria is heavily connected to my voice and my face. For me getting rid of my facial hair is something i can do ASAP that helps me right away so I'd pay almost anything at this point.

I'm also starting electrolysis on my chest in a couple of weeks. my chest hair is very scant so i figure i can get rid of it in one or two hour long sessions and it'll be cheaper than doing laser, which requires multiple sessions to get the majority of hair.
can i get it done on my asscrack

Old 09-02-2017, 10:06 PM   #2866
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I'm about a month into this. So no. This is going to take years. So I'm in no hurry to change my name. When I do I will post a poll.
Dude, you're like 47 years old... Why even bother at this point? It's probably gonna create more headaches than it's worth.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:10 PM   #2867
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

edit: irrelevant post

i somehow missed scotty saying he's coming out as transgendered. thought the beard removal was a comfort/aesthetic thing.
congrats on setting yourself free scotty.

Last edited by teh b0lly!!1 : 09-02-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:10 PM   #2868
fuzzyroes
Banned

I know I sound like an alt-right dickhead, but honestly.... At an age nearing 50 do you really wanna be taking hardcore hormones of a sex not biologically compatible to your own? It could be a disaster and likely not worth taking that commitment at this stage in your life.

If you feel feminine, just have fun cross dressing, wearing makeup and get the laser surgery if it makes you feel better.... I've just read so many horror stories online about people over 40 taking this hormone therapy and then regretting the commitment... But you'll never see that shit on TV.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:23 PM   #2869
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

fuzzy, this is one of those times you're being incredibly matter-o-factly offensive

even if you do have concerns about scotty's wellbeing there are much better ways to express it

Old 09-02-2017, 10:27 PM   #2870
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

On the contrary. If you're older what do you have to lose? You're more sure than when you're a teen

Old 09-02-2017, 10:28 PM   #2871
fuzzyroes
Banned

there's too much romanticizing regarding taking opposite sex hormones these days. It's a life long commitment and something that Scott will have to constantly inject into his body until the very day he dies... Out in the states I reckon it's also gonna cost a fortune.

Scotty's talked for years about having mental illness regarding his weight and appearance... And while I truly hope and to a lesser extent care that he's okay, sometimes people have to hear some unwanted advice... And if I'm being a jackass, so be it... It's just in this day and age when someone expresses any ideas considering transgenderism you HAVE to only be positive... Otherwise you're a "bigot".

Old 09-02-2017, 10:29 PM   #2872
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
And if I'm being a jackass, so be it...
OH. OKAY.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:30 PM   #2873
Bread Regal
Banned

This gives the origin of the "shut the fuck up scotty" meme a whole new dimension

Old 09-02-2017, 10:32 PM   #2874
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Oh shit it just got dramatic in here

When 2 nice cool people fight an angel loses its wings
fyi, no such thing as angels

Old 09-02-2017, 10:33 PM   #2875
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'm playing devils advocate here. This hormone therapy shit isn't any walk in the park, believe me. I got on a kick about studying transgenderism for the sheer sake of curiosity when Caitlyn Jenner transitioned and there's countless angles and experiences of people with mental illness just having an awful experience with it and then in some instances even killing themselves.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:39 PM   #2876
fuzzyroes
Banned

I get the feeling that with a person like Scotty that enough is never enough. He's expressed to us on numerous occasions that he could be thin as a rail and still feel like he's fat in his own mind... These are the type of people that SHOULD NOT undergo radical hormone therapy.

I'm sorry if I'm being radical here, but I'm worried about Scott.

We never heard anything about this until his crippling back-pain and the subsequent pain-killers that he's admittedly been taking...

I feel like our brother Scott, our friend Scott, our secret society member Scott is in a fucking rough spot right now... But we're his brethren. We must be honest with our opinions without fear of being ostracized due to not being politically correct.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:39 PM   #2877
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
there's too much romanticizing regarding taking opposite sex hormones these days. It's a life long commitment and something that Scott will have to constantly inject into his body until the very day he dies... Out in the states I reckon it's also gonna cost a fortune.

Scotty's talked for years about having mental illness regarding his weight and appearance... And while I truly hope and to a lesser extent care that he's okay, sometimes people have to hear some unwanted advice... And if I'm being a jackass, so be it... It's just in this day and age when someone expresses any ideas considering transgenderism you HAVE to only be positive... Otherwise you're a "bigot".
when you say stuff like 'have fun cross dressing and wearing makeup', or 'dude, aren't you like 47 years old', or 'just have laser surgery if it makes you feel better' - it reads as disrespectful and derogatory.

even if you have legitimate concerns about scotty and his health during his upcoming endeavors, there are ways to present it so that he would even care to listen. and the way you're doing it now is only liable to spark deep antagonism. stop trolling. this is a person's life and he just did something difficult and brave and started coming out and he doesn't need those types of remarks. just don't be so damn crude alright?

Old 09-02-2017, 10:40 PM   #2878
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
I'm playing devils advocate here.
does the devil really need another advocate on this issue

Old 09-02-2017, 10:40 PM   #2879
Bread Regal
Banned

you drunkard

Old 09-02-2017, 10:44 PM   #2880
Bread Regal
Banned

"guys just hear me out. i know what i'm saying is despicable and totally without merit but someone's gotta say it!"