Quote:
his music is distilled truth in audio form
lol

Old 11-28-2014, 04:39 AM   #153
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
shirts sold at the Chicago gig tonight (30 printed altogether)

http://photos-d.ak.instagram.com/hph...78193713_n.jpg
>>>

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enha...59400095-0.gif

Old 11-28-2014, 05:00 AM   #154
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
It's not like Billy is going after him for any higher purpose or political agenda. He had his zinger on twitter, which was enough. Now he's just butthurt that Cooper made fun of him. It's all playground bully shit.

Higher purpose? I wouldn't of thought so...then the shirts.

Political Agenda? He called him out publicly as a Globalist Shill, a purported unbiased journalist from CNN. Get a chorus of rockers singing the same meme and that's the kind of playground bully shit celebs get silenced for cause they might start to make a difference.

We'll see if Cooper plays along at some point one way or the other...I'm sure Billy will be asked about it as well. I for one would like to see him double down on the Globalist Shill angle.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:38 AM   #155
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
We'll see if Cooper plays along at some point one way or the other...I'm sure Billy will be asked about it as well. I for one would like to see him double down on the Globalist Shill angle.
breaking news: man 1 responds to man 2's second, and slightly more extravagant response to man 1's month-old comment on a picture involving cats

more to come

Old 11-28-2014, 05:56 AM   #156
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
Anybody remember this? For some reason, I've always tied this fact to Anderson Cooper in my brain from when he put together a playlist back in 2006:

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/7107752.html

The fact that he was aware of the existence of STRTJ always was a "whoa, wild" kind of thing to me. Didn't think his clip (which I hadn't actually seen until tonight in that Pitchfork article) was that mean spirited, but I guess I'd be bugged by it too.

But probably wouldn't be "make t-shirts about it" bugged.

And if I did... yeah, no logo.
Sweet, Cooper likes Pavement.

I hadn't seen the clip before today either, it's actually pretty funny... Figures Corgan would be enraged about it

Old 11-28-2014, 05:59 AM   #157
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
it's just a typical publicity stunt, you can pull worse.
try googling the gig yesterday - what you find are a bunch of sites and blogs headlining with this shirt - and half a sentence that it was sold at a concert.
played the game, nothing else.
True. Billy did the same type of thing when the band "came back" the 3rd time around with Byrne at the Record Day fest... He introduced his "son" in the wrestling mask and of course that got all sorts of headlines in the press.

Dudes all about the publicity.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #158
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

i'm surprised so many people are tut-tutting billy for doing this. i think it's one of the best/funniest thing he's done in a while. he definitely has a bad history of holding grudges and picking fights with people that needle him, but the anderson cooper diss was not only totally out of left field and oddly personal, it was for a charity organization for cats! tldr, Fuck You Anderson Cooper

Old 11-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #159
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
breaking news: man 1 responds to man 2's second, and slightly more extravagant response to man 1's month-old comment on a picture involving cats

more to come

Listen hamster brain, the shirt is fresh and its yet to be commented on by AC. Maybe he will, or likely won't. Point is, its in play now and what's a Globalist Shill to do?

Old 11-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #160
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
i'm surprised so many people are tut-tutting billy for doing this. i think it's one of the best/funniest thing he's done in a while. he definitely has a bad history of holding grudges and picking fights with people that needle him, but the anderson cooper diss was not only totally out of left field and oddly personal, it was for a charity organization for cats! tldr, Fuck You Anderson Cooper
Exactly. It's one of the more "typical Billy" things he's done in a while not involving a wrestling group. I don't know, I was beginning to wonder whether or not aliens had abducted the real Billy Corgan in 2010 but this shows it's still him. Not sure why people are surprised.

Old 11-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #161
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

I think there has been a misunderstanding that stemmed from my post on the other page that some quoted. I understand what happened between Billy and Cooper (which I really think some people are blowing out of proportion) but what I don't understand is why all of you are so upset at Cooper too. Did he do or say something or do you all just hate him because Billy does?

Old 11-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #162
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

we can make fun of billy. but when other people do it, it's not cool. especially when they don't know what they're talking about

Old 11-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #163
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

it's also fun to call out and ridicule someone for slipping a super ignorant and personally vicious segment to fill a slow news day. his whole thing was dumb too - "he's not rock/he's sold out because he's posing with cats" - this was all hashed out in this thread or another one.

Old 11-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #164
Elphenor
Braindead

Seriously this is the most Corgan thing Corgan has done in a long time

I fucking love it

Old 11-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #165
Elphenor
Braindead

This shirt is more SP1 than anything Billy has done post-SP1

Old 11-28-2014, 07:38 PM   #166
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
we can make fun of billy. but when other people do it, it's not cool. especially when they don't know what they're talking about
This sounds rather clingy.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #167
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

i don't think there was any previous beef, i think cooper was picking on a 2nd rate faded rock star

Old 11-28-2014, 08:06 PM   #168
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
This sounds rather clingy.
jfc lighten up!

Old 11-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #169
Shallowed
Braindead

you lighten up

Old 11-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #170
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I think there has been a misunderstanding that stemmed from my post on the other page that some quoted. I understand what happened between Billy and Cooper (which I really think some people are blowing out of proportion) but what I don't understand is why all of you are so upset at Cooper too. Did he do or say something or do you all just hate him because Billy does?
I don't understand the people who hate cooper for this. He is just reading a teleprompter.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #171
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

OMGOMGOMGOMG, billy acts fasssst!

http://www.infowars.com/billy-corgan...per-hit-piece/

Old 11-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #172
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

how in the fuck is this a thing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1Op4JRCUAARtQb.jpg

this great though

Old 11-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #173
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

That was done by paws.

Billy is trying hard to get media attention. He even called alex jones to write a conspiracy.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #174
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:

this should answer it.

jfc, just when they played a good show and I think "SP" is on a saner path, they do their best to shit all over it. "Anderson CIA Cooper HIT PIECE" - can you get any lower and any dumber, I don't
know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones
Billy Corgan Responds to Anderson CIA Cooper Hit Piece
Singer issues sharp rebuke in the form of strongly-worded t-shirt

Speaking exclusively to Infowars, Corgan made it clear that Cooper’s attack was a desperate attempt to try and blur the line between right and wrong.
Given Corgan’s propensity for speaking truth to power, Cooper’s so-called analysis comes off as an underhanded smear attempt, especially in light of the fact that The Smashing Pumpkins are getting set to release their new album Monuments to an Elegy next month. But then again the CNN anchor has long been suspected of being a CIA operative.

Last edited by pavementtune : 11-28-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:56 PM   #175
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

smgdh

Old 11-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #176
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

oh dear lord...and to think he was doing alright there for a moment. Such a fucking drama queen.

Since I don't know much about Cooper I asked someone who does, and this person told me that his ridiculist segment is meant to be a joke and that nobody ever takes it seriously. She then told me that Cooper is also an animal rights activist and owns like 6 fucking cats and dogs, so it's not like he hates helping animals or people that help animals.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:07 PM   #177
null123
Minion of Satan

Honestly globalist shill is a good shorthand for what Cooper actually is

Old 11-28-2014, 11:15 PM   #178
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Speaking exclusively to Infowars, Corgan made it clear that Cooper’s attack was a desperate attempt to try and blur the line between right and wrong.
Given Corgan’s propensity for speaking truth to power, Cooper’s so-called analysis comes off as an underhanded smear attempt, especially in light of the fact that The Smashing Pumpkins are getting set to release their new album Monuments to an Elegy next month. But then again the CNN anchor has long been suspected of being a CIA operative.
Hang on, what? Smear attempt?! This happened months ago and everyone fucking forgot about it until he decided to bring it up again. Billy thinks way too fucking highly of himself if he truly believes this was some sinister attempt by Cooper to smear him.

I can't imagine that this is anything but an attempt to gain attention and generate media hits by Billy. So fucking shameless.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #179
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy is trying hard for attention. Probably saw a lot of hits ok his website after that show.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #180
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

For objectivities sake, I went and saw Cooper's entire Corgan segment. After watching it, I'm convinced that most people didn't even bother actually seeing it and that this is possibly the most overblown story I've ever seen. Cooper didn't even make fun of Billy for helping animals, at all, he actually even made fun of himself for posing for WebMD. He then went on to talk about other alternative rock stars. I think the most controversial comment he said during that entire thing is that he thinks they kind of sound like a derivative of MBV (which really isn't even a bad thing considering).