Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #421
bigoltitties
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

They are really milking this whole thing. #togetheragain

Probably because they have no footage of them being together again.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:57 PM   #422
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
The Mancow interview with Billy begins at 57 minutes or so...

http://www.wlup.com/2018/02/16/bret-ernst-joins-mancow/
Did Billy say he was skeptical about Jimmy's interest in jazz and he was surprised that getting deeper into jazz drumming has made him a better player? Umm, yeah.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:22 PM   #423
Kahlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoltitties View Post
They are really milking this whole thing. #togetheragain

Probably because they have no footage of them being together again.
#awkwardagain #comeonjeff

Old 02-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #424
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissesandNoise View Post
Did Billy say he was skeptical about Jimmy's interest in jazz and he was surprised that getting deeper into jazz drumming has made him a better player? Umm, yeah.
I wonder if this what what the White Van argument was all about; Jimmy wanted to do some jazz projects on the side and Billy couldn't understand why he didn't want to be a famous rock drummer.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:24 PM   #425
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
even though the aeroplane flew high and turned left, it still looked right. we mustn't ignore this.
He warned us. Then he recorded "The Last Song" with its prophetically Ayn Rand-ian lyric "no one comes for free" to say peace out to the left and to any semblance of being cool he would have remaining before Adore.

P.S. remember the 33 single artwork featuring Lenin???? All makes sense now

Last edited by johncg : 02-21-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:42 PM   #426
casperkaye
Amish Rake Fighter

Smile First Post

I saw Billy on the Ogilala tour in Chicago but haven't seen any recent live incarnation of the Pumpkins. I was born in 1990 so I never saw the original four. I was glad to have the chance to hear songs like "Muzzle" and "Soma" live on the solo tour. I've had plenty of chances to see the Pumpkins since Zeitgeist but haven't. They're my favorite band, but seeing something other than the original lineup hasn't been appealing.

Now that Jimmy and James are back I'm definitely going to see them at the United Center. I would've loved to see D'arcy come back but it's looking like this is as close as we're going to get to a reunion. It seems that they're putting the energy into this.

Last edited by casperkaye : 02-21-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:48 PM   #427
casperkaye
Amish Rake Fighter

Also, has there been any speculation of a Metro show?

Old 02-21-2018, 08:04 PM   #428
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperkaye View Post
ManCow speculated. D'arcy better be there is all I'm sayin'

Old 02-21-2018, 08:10 PM   #429
ButtHash
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
#awkwardagain #comeonjeff
Come On (Jeff, Go!)

Old 02-21-2018, 08:20 PM   #430
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

This tour's name should be changed to

So Sad and Pathetic Tour! (2018)

Old 02-21-2018, 08:31 PM   #431
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
ManCow speculated. D'arcy better be there is all I'm sayin'
That was right after the other dude wondered if they would play 2 more shows at the UC since they had open dates, lol.

Old 02-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #432
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I wonder if this what what the White Van argument was all about; Jimmy wanted to do some jazz projects on the side and Billy couldn't understand why he didn't want to be a famous rock drummer.
If I recall correctly Jim actually wanted to do the tour they are currently doing now and Bill fired him again.

Old 02-21-2018, 08:55 PM   #433
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperkaye View Post
I feel like this is 100% going to happen. There has to be at least 1 warm-up show. GnR did it too. Banned mobile phones. Some say it was the best show they have done since Slash re joined.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:09 PM   #434
Ram27
dumb

I know you know I love Jimmy, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC on instagram today
Great art means something different every minute of every day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Show will be timed to minute and will run same setlist every night

Old 02-21-2018, 09:21 PM   #435
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
No price. It's absurd for him to think he can fill that place. There really is no price point in my head where he can cover the cost of MSG and make money. He would either need to offer prices so low he would lose money or offer a price too high to bring in people who aren't really fans of the band to fill the place.

I honestly can't figure out who bankrolled and greenlit this tour. After Oceana and him being stuck in larger venues because of that stupid globe he insisted on using most promoters won't go near him.

I feel he either had to do some deal where he takes added financial liability for the tour or he found someone really delusional to bankroll this.
Obviously they want to fill it but remember these venues have tons of open dates. All of them can be adjusted for smaller shows. They will still make a decent profit at even a few thousand people. $80 avg ticket would be 400k gross per night at 5000 tickets. There are huge arenas that do monster truck shows for a couple thousand people max and still make a profit.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:37 PM   #436
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4b View Post
If I recall correctly Jim actually wanted to do the tour they are currently doing now and Bill fired him again.
Now Jimmy can fire Billy!

Old 02-22-2018, 06:29 AM   #437
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4b View Post
Is this a real thing or are you just bullshiting around? Cause if it was it would make a lot of sense. By 2009 it must have been painfully obvious to a lifer musician like Jimmy that the "magic" couldn't be recreated with hired hands. It's easy to imagine. "Billy, this just isn't working like it used to. I'm saying we try to reconnect with James and D'arcy. We can keep hiring musicians who are better technically, but at the end of the day it's all about having that special chemistry." Billy throws a hissyfit, replaces Jimmy with a teenage McDonalds employee to show everyone how disposable he is.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:11 AM   #438
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

https://i.imgur.com/n6y2KmR.png

Old 02-22-2018, 07:13 AM   #439
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac View Post
Is this a real thing or are you just bullshiting around? Cause if it was it would make a lot of sense. By 2009 it must have been painfully obvious to a lifer musician like Jimmy that the "magic" couldn't be recreated with hired hands. It's easy to imagine. "Billy, this just isn't working like it used to. I'm saying we try to reconnect with James and D'arcy. We can keep hiring musicians who are better technically, but at the end of the day it's all about having that special chemistry." Billy throws a hissyfit, replaces Jimmy with a teenage McDonalds employee to show everyone how disposable he is.
Makes so much sense.

Side note: Remember when Billy claimed James Iha split up the Smashing Pumpkins!? LOL!

Old 02-22-2018, 08:45 AM   #440
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
holy shit I think this is what happened. you nailed it

Old 02-22-2018, 11:55 AM   #441
myosis
Minion of Satan

how does that align with that "ride in a white van" comment though?

Old 02-22-2018, 12:15 PM   #442
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

After Jimmy left the band in 2009, he was still going around saying James and Darcy were shit players that didn't want him in the band and he felt the same about them. So, no.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:16 PM   #443
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

And than Jimmy founded the new supergroup This/Skysaw...

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 02-22-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:20 PM   #444
DaveKShape
Ownz

Quote:
Afterward, Corgan fired Chamberlin — though the drummer halfheartedly suggests that he might have quit. Until he had his first child seven years ago, Chamberlin was a heroin addict — Corgan first fired him in 1996 after touring keyboardist Jonathan Melvoin died while partying with him on tour one night. Chamberlin is sober now, but Corgan is convinced that his character hasn't changed, that he is fundamentally "unhealthy." "Jimmy is a destructive human being, and people who are destructive break things," Corgan says. "I don't see me reaching the highest levels of my creativity if I'm unhealthy and if I have unhealthy people around me. Every time Jimmy didn't show up for a week in the studio, I made it about me. Any time James Iha was off in a corner somewhere not paying any fucking attention, I made it about me." After Corgan told Chamberlin he was out, the drummer "unloaded" on Corgan, unleashing 20 years worth of pent-up insults. "So I was like, 'Fuck you,' " Corgan recalls. " 'Go ride around in a white van for the rest of your life.' "

Chamberlin becomes apoplectic when he hears Corgan's account. "In the middle of the last tour, Billy said it was the agent's fault, then it was the band's fault, then it was the fans' fault," the drummer says. "Yes, in the past, I was a destructive human being. I was a complete drug addict and a complete loose cannon, but I've taken responsibility for my life.

"In the grand scheme of things," he adds, "it doesn't really move the needle that much anymore. It's a few gold rec*ords and a bunch of money. Who cares? I have a wife and kids, I'm completely happy." He has started a new band, called This, and he doesn't see the point of spending months painstakingly recording music anymore. "Music is such a small part of people's lives now," he says. "People don't sit around like they did in the Nineties and stare at album covers and think about Kurt and Billy. I fucking hated the Nineties."
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ature-20110103

Old 02-22-2018, 12:22 PM   #445
Vriska Serket
Pledge

more excited for this than I have any right ot be

Old 02-22-2018, 12:31 PM   #446
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
He has started a new band, called This

That was fucking hilarious.

Hey, you might find us on the internet!

Old 02-22-2018, 04:22 PM   #447
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Terrible tourtrailer...

It’s on!

Ein Beitrag geteilt von Jimmy Chamberlin (@chamberdrums) am

Old 02-22-2018, 07:21 PM   #448
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Now is the time to blindly speculate the setlist. Cortisone shots for the whole band and here we go.

Same set every night, blocking and the whole deal.

>Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Tonight Tonight
Rocket
Rhinoceros
Cherub Rock
Stand Inside Your Love
Thru The Eyes of Ruby
>some sort of short video fadeout/interlude with vintage band footage with D’arcy omitted.
Mayonaise
I Am One
Zero
—- instrument swap, light banter, more cortisone.
To Sheila
Perfect
Thirty-Three
Take me Down (w/ Jeff on vocals)
—-
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Today
Hummer
Muzzle
Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
> another short video interlude

Encore 1:
By Starlight
Ava Adore

Encore 2:

Old 02-22-2018, 07:27 PM   #449
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad View Post
Now is the time to blindly speculate the setlist. Cortisone shots for the whole band and here we go.

Same set every night, blocking and the whole deal.

>Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Tonight Tonight
Rocket
Rhinoceros
Cherub Rock
Stand Inside Your Love
Thru The Eyes of Ruby
>some sort of short video fadeout/interlude with vintage band footage with D’arcy omitted.
Mayonaise
I Am One
Zero
—- instrument swap, light banter, more cortisone.
To Sheila
Perfect
Thirty-Three
Take me Down (w/ Jeff on vocals)
—-
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Today
Hummer
Muzzle
Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
> another short video interlude

Encore 1:
By Starlight
Ava Adore

Encore 2:
Great setlist. I have a feeling they are going to play something off the wall like Silverfuck.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:48 AM   #450
Ram27
dumb

jesus christ

https://scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram...OTY1OA%3D%3D.2