Dude

Old 05-19-2017, 08:12 PM   #153
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Welcome back crabshack

Old 05-19-2017, 08:12 PM   #154
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

It's an extension of rock mythology, the idea of two rock bros meeting in rehab and nursing each other back to health. Such garbage.

It's fake news.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:13 PM   #155
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
Welcome back crabshack
Thank you fraulein.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:14 PM   #156
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I did worry about you in your absence. We had trots come back and he targeted others and some left. So you missed that. I'm trying to be nicer.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #157
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

I have learned about duck and cover.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:27 PM   #158
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ive/101821468/
The death of Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell has been ruled a suicide by the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office.
"The Medical Examiner has completed the autopsy on 52-year-old Chris Cornell, the Soundgarden musician who died last night in Detroit," the agency's statement read. “The cause of death has been determined as suicide by hanging. A full autopsy report has not yet been completed. There is no additional information at this time."
Spokesman Brian Bumbery told the Associated Press that Cornell was found in his hotel room at the MGM Grand Detroit following a tour date at Detroit's Fox Theatre with the reunited Soundgarden, the band he'd fronted for over 30 years.
Dontae Freeman, media relations manager for the Detroit Police Department, later told the Detroit Free Press, “He was found in his room with a band around his neck."
Cornell had appeared to be in good spirits Wednesday when he tweeted, "Finally back to Rock City" before the show. However, Freeman noted that the singer's wife, Vicky Karayiannis, asked a family friend to check on Cornell after the show later that evening. The friend forced open his hotel room door and found Cornell unresponsive on the bathroom floor.
Bumbery called Cornell's death “sudden and unexpected” and said his wife and family are in shock. The statement said the family have asked for privacy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ide/101875116/
The family of Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell says they're not yet ready to conclude his death Wednesday night was an intentional suicide based on preliminary autopsy results.
Vicky Karayiannis, his wife, said that when she spoke to her husband after the Detroit show, he told her he may have taken “an extra Ativan or two.” According to lawyer Kirk Pasich, the 52-year-old musician had a prescription for the anti-anxiety drug. Ativan, a sedative, has side effects that can ******* drowsiness and dizziness, according to the National Institutes of Health.
Without toxicology results, which will take weeks, the family says, the cause of his death cannot be determined conclusively.
“Without the results of toxicology tests, we do not know what was going on with Chris — or if any substances contributed to his demise,” Pasich said in a statement released to The Associated Press Friday. “Chris, a recovering addict, had a prescription for Ativan and may have taken more Ativan than recommended dosages."
Pasich's statement follows Thursday's announcement by the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office that the singer hanged himself in his hotel room following a concert. Their ruling was based on preliminary autopsy results but the full investigation has not yet been completed.
“The family believes that if Chris took his life, he did not know what he was doing, and that drugs or other substances may have affected his actions.”
Cornell battled drugs on and off from the time he was a teenager well into adulthood, finally seeking treatment in 2002.
“I went from being a daily drug user at 13 to having bad drug experiences and quitting drugs by the time I was 14, and then not having any friends until the time I was 16,” he told Rolling Stone in 1994. “There was about two years where I was more or less agoraphobic and didn’t deal with anybody, didn’t talk to anybody, didn’t have any friends at all. All the friends that I had were still (messed) up with drugs and were people that I didn’t really have anything in common with.”
Longtime fan Ashley Zlatopolsky, who was at his final concert, observed that something was off with Cornell.
"He often staggered back and forth across the stage, and seemed weak in his movements," she wrote in the Detroit Free Press. Just one or two songs in, it was as if the energy had exited his body, and what was left was a shell of a man scrambling to do his job."
Cornell's wife also sensed something was wrong during her last conversation with him, noting that he was slurring his words. Worried, she asked someone from the band's security detail to check on him.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:40 PM   #159
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

Oof

Old 05-19-2017, 08:43 PM   #160
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i mean lots of people take drugs and then suicide, doesn't mean it's not 'suicide'

but i mean i feel for the family not wanting to let it go on record like that

Old 05-19-2017, 08:52 PM   #161
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

TMZ’s detailed death report:

Chris Cornell used a common piece of exercise equipment to take his own life.
We've learned the Soundgarden frontman secured a red elastic exercise band attached to a carabiner to the top of his hotel bathroom door. A carabiner is a device commonly used by mountain climbers which they attach to a belt to keep them from falling. The device can withstand enormous weight.
Cornell jammed the door shut with the carabiner at the top of the frame. The carabiner was jammed so tight it left an indentation in the door frame.
As we reported, Chris' family believes he may have taken his life while under the influence of Ativan, and that he had no plan or desire to commit suicide just hours earlier.
According to the police report, obtained by The Detroit News, Chris was on the phone with his wife, Vicky, shortly before committing suicide, who said he sounded "groggy" and repeatedly told her, "I am just tired," before hanging up.
Vicky became alarmed, called the hotel and Chris' security guard kicked down 2 doors and found him in the bathroom with blood running from his mouth.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/19/chris-...de/?adid=hero1

Old 05-19-2017, 10:32 PM   #162
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

Oof

Old 05-19-2017, 10:42 PM   #163
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

it's really sad when a person breaks like that, rockstar or not.

rip

Old 05-19-2017, 10:52 PM   #164
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Christ

now i wish i hadn't read that

Old 05-19-2017, 11:22 PM   #165
The Omega Concern
Banned

Ativan/Lorazepam eh? A sedative used for anxiety in some cases, but mainly for helping with seizures in epileptics. Something about that doesn't seem congruent.

Side effects:

Can cause paranoid or suicidal ideation and impair memory, judgment, and coordination.

I guess it impaired all but his coordination? messssed up man...stay away from the psychotropics at all costs.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:24 AM   #166
FoolofaTook

You should compose and record a song about staying away from psychotropics.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:24 AM   #167
FoolofaTook

At all costs.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:28 AM   #168
noyen
Immortal

anyone have feelings on suicide? my oldest brother committed suicide so I have em. and have definitely thought about it myself many many many thousands of times.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:34 AM   #169
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
Ativan/Lorazepam eh? A sedative used for anxiety in some cases, but mainly for helping with seizures in epileptics. Something about that doesn't seem congruent.

Side effects:

Can cause paranoid or suicidal ideation and impair memory, judgment, and coordination.

I guess it impaired all but his coordination? messssed up man...stay away from the psychotropics at all costs.
you have no idea what you're talking about, as usual. lorazepam is commonly prescribed for anxiety and sleep and most of the benzos are used in the same way and also for epilepsy. in other words, it is congruent and they mostly all work like that (medium and long acting benzos do, anyway)

and if a regular user like he apparently was were to experience those effects acutely he probably took much more than prescribed and probably his coordination was impaired but hanging yourself with a belt doesn't require many fine motor movements

my thoughts are giving former addicts benzos is dangerous in many cases, because they are intoxicating and can lead to addiction themselves and this is not uncommon. however, some people can take them responsibly even with an addiction history. i couldn't. lorazepam is not as intoxicating as say xanax in the same doses but all you need to do is take more

Last edited by reprise85 : 05-20-2017 at 04:40 AM.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:41 AM   #170
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
anyone have feelings on suicide? my oldest brother committed suicide so I have em. and have definitely thought about it myself many many many thousands of times.
i do.

sorry about your brother.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:42 AM   #171
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

me too.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:46 AM   #172
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
my oldest brother committed suicide.
When did that happen? How old was he?

Old 05-20-2017, 05:55 AM   #173
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
by now my set of thoughts changes with context. first, how old were they (is their mom still alive...) then second, do they have children and how old are they, and then I'm pretty much done already.
too many over the years to have a whole lot of thoughts about people I don't know personally who choose that path.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:12 AM   #174
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
you have no idea what you're talking about, as usual. lorazepam is commonly prescribed for anxiety and sleep and most of the benzos are used in the same way and also for epilepsy. in other words, it is congruent and they mostly all work like that (medium and long acting benzos do, anyway)

and if a regular user like he apparently was were to experience those effects acutely he probably took much more than prescribed and probably his coordination was impaired but hanging yourself with a belt doesn't require many fine motor movements

my thoughts are giving former addicts benzos is dangerous in many cases, because they are intoxicating and can lead to addiction themselves and this is not uncommon. however, some people can take them responsibly even with an addiction history. i couldn't. lorazepam is not as intoxicating as say xanax in the same doses but all you need to do is take more
you sound like you just came back from church.

the church of the religious left.

where BIG PHARMA is a good thing.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:38 AM   #175
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Old 05-20-2017, 07:49 AM   #176
yo soy el mejor

i won't even take tylenol for a headache and had a fit when tim insisted i take some chewable pepto tablets. i was walking in little circles in the kitchen trying to chew as fast as possible without closing my mouth all the way and making tortured noises. i've always been like that, which made no sense to me when i would try any drug or drink under the sun that was offered to me.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:32 PM   #177
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
When did that happen? How old was he?
He was a month away from 29.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #178
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i do.

sorry about your brother.
I'm glad you talk about it openly. Thanks it's been a while but it's happened many years ago now but it's something that I don't think me or my family will ever "get over". the feelings and hurt just mutate over time.

Old 05-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #179
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i won't even take tylenol for a headache and had a fit when tim insisted i take some chewable pepto tablets. i was walking in little circles in the kitchen trying to chew as fast as possible without closing my mouth all the way and making tortured noises. i've always been like that, which made no sense to me when i would try any drug or drink under the sun that was offered to me.
yeah my overall question is "why though?"

i don't pop ibuprofen at the smallest pain but if it's moderate to severe, yeah. it's not like we don't ingest substances all the time. better living through chemistry

Old 05-20-2017, 02:24 PM   #180
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
yeah my overall question is "why though?"

i don't pop ibuprofen at the smallest pain but if it's moderate to severe, yeah. it's not like we don't ingest substances all the time. better living through chemistry
i dunno. i get it from my mom. drown a flu. starve a cold. or something like that.

i guess i'm just a glutton for punishment.