Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2017, 12:45 PM   #61
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Blossom View Post
Idk... Don't Believe the Truth was a pretty righteously bad album. It really showed that the guys in the Oasis clan were completely out of touch with modern music in 2005. Dig Out Your Soul was a better album, but that too was mired with dated musical references.

I was actually kinda glad that the band broke up when it did... kinda wished it'd happened sooner.
Wait Oasis had more than 2 albums?

Old 05-12-2017, 12:47 PM   #62
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
That's the beauty of rock and roll... Take a band like Queen, they put a lot of cringe-worthy awful bullshit out after their glory years and nobody remembers that or holds that against them anymore...
well queen made 7 or 8 good albums and after that they made albums with a hit here and there and a lot of forgettable stuff. it is only recently that it started being really cringeworthy: Roger Taylor and Brian May tour as Queen with talent show winner Adam Lambert playing the old hits as a nostalgia act and they just announced a new album.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:49 PM   #63
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson View Post
Exactly. And if Bowie did it, it would be a masterpiece.
lol, no. bowie made a lot of mediocre shit too, his blackstar album was good, some called it a masterpiece, but it's definitely more deserving of that title than fucking oceania.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:38 PM   #64
Jesus Cambodia
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
That you're just another reactionary libtard who must conflate politics into any discussion, something I get accused by the projection artist always accusing others of what they do.

The thing that makes modern day neo-libs so stupid is that they think they're so smart.
But um... Ah, nevermind. 9/11 was an inside job, bilderburg chemtrails pizza child molestation we_must_return_to_the_gold_standard!!!11

Old 05-12-2017, 01:41 PM   #65
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Jesus of Cambodia

Old 05-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #66
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I searched for "Khmer Green Day" and got nothing promising

Old 05-12-2017, 05:35 PM   #67
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
That you're just another reactionary libtard who must conflate politics into any discussion, something I get accused by the projection artist always accusing others of what they do.

The thing that makes modern day neo-libs so stupid is that they think they're so smart.
you literally only post about politics, conspiracies, political conspiracies, and your own music

Old 05-12-2017, 06:21 PM   #68
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

conspiracies is a typical libtard term Erica

Old 05-12-2017, 07:23 PM   #69
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
well queen made 7 or 8 good albums and after that they made albums with a hit here and there and a lot of forgettable stuff. it is only recently that it started being really cringeworthy: Roger Taylor and Brian May tour as Queen with talent show winner Adam Lambert playing the old hits as a nostalgia act and they just announced a new album.
Oh god, I knew about the touring with Lambert, but I had no idea that they're planning on releasing an album with him... Yeah, that's pretty much worse than anything Corgans done.

Of course Corgan hasn't been the only one dragging SP's legacy through the mud. I know we all love to champion Iha but the fact that he formed a band with the Hanson guy also outdoes any of the trade-mark Corgan level of cringe. JC's been the only member not to completely shit on the brand.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:34 PM   #70
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
in many ways it's the most artistically successful "concept album" he's ever made. While Adore is very different from MCIS and SD it was IMO not terribly consistant. Oceania is an honest album that deals with a particular period of his life. But TFE is purely a concept album with bill himself the focus of that concept, right down to the buck naked album artwork.
I'll never forget the 1 time I opened tfe for the 1st time; heart skipped to think I'd spy a peen as I eagerly leafed the booklet

Old 05-12-2017, 07:34 PM   #71
run2pee
Minion of Satan

A slender old spindly peppermint stick

Also I'm gonna need an expansion on "oceania was honest celebration bill life period," or your fucken trollin with that shit scott

Old 05-12-2017, 07:36 PM   #72
Jelly Blossom
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
If you mean "only recently" as in the past 20 years. Mind you Queen hadn't released anything worth listening to since The Game in 1980.

Why May and Taylor won't let Queen die boggles my mind. It's not like either one of the needs the cash. And they're both supertalents who clearly don't need to cash in on their frontman's fame.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:09 PM   #73
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

maybe they actually get satisfaction out of it and enjoy interacting with the fans they still have...?

Old 05-12-2017, 09:04 PM   #74
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Also I'm gonna need an expansion on "oceania was honest celebration bill life period," or your fucken trollin with that shit scott
lol no kidding. TFE and Oceana 2 of his top 3 "honest" albums? I was pissed off for a second and was gonna make a big post but then I realized that it was just Scotty and that pretty much tells everyone all they need to know.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:06 PM   #75
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Blossom View Post
If you mean "only recently" as in the past 20 years. Mind you Queen hadn't released anything worth listening to since The Game in 1980.

Why May and Taylor won't let Queen die boggles my mind. It's not like either one of the needs the cash. And they're both supertalents who clearly don't need to cash in on their frontman's fame.
"they miss the roar of the crowd"

Old 05-12-2017, 09:07 PM   #76
fuzzyroes
Banned

true excuse of theirs

Old 05-12-2017, 09:25 PM   #77
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Gotta holla at my boi Run2P, major shout-out to my main man. Check it

"spy a peen" and "A slender old spindly peppermint stick"

That's, like, fucking beautiful, man.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:27 PM   #78
FoolofaTook

Jelly Blossom needs to get get fucked by liam in a parka.

get fucked jelly blossom, get fucked! fuck you and dig out yer soul and dont believe the truth.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:00 AM   #79
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

RunToPeen

Old 05-13-2017, 01:28 AM   #80
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Gotta holla at my boi Run2P, major shout-out to my main man. Check it

"spy a peen" and "A slender old spindly peppermint stick"

That's, like, fucking beautiful, man.
Port wine dick

Old 05-13-2017, 03:03 PM   #81
Bomb The Moon
Demi-God

this thread is going places. keep up the good work, everybody.

http://the-void.co.uk/wp-content/upl...y-corgan-1.jpg

Old 05-13-2017, 09:18 PM   #82
Ronnie Eagle
Banned

For me, in the mid-90's, Corgan earned my respect as a great songwriter to never have to write another great one again to change that view. MCIS spilled over into TAFH and the output was so impressive, whatever they've put out since then that I like is icing on the cake.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:51 PM   #83
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Oh god, I knew about the touring with Lambert, but I had no idea that they're planning on releasing an album with him... Yeah, that's pretty much worse than anything Corgans done.

Of course Corgan hasn't been the only one dragging SP's legacy through the mud. I know we all love to champion Iha but the fact that he formed a band with the Hanson guy also outdoes any of the trade-mark Corgan level of cringe. JC's been the only member not to completely shit on the brand.
yeah i didn't know about the new "queen" record as well.
i wish i didn't read this. what a fucking joke

is simon cowell gonna produce the goddamn record now or what

apparently few are the things that are harder for people who've tasted success, than knowing when to let it die and just let go

Old 05-13-2017, 11:29 PM   #84
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Eagle View Post
For me, in the mid-90's, Corgan earned my respect as a great songwriter to never have to write another great one again to change that view. MCIS spilled over into TAFH and the output was so impressive, whatever they've put out since then that I like is icing on the cake.
It's funny, I was listening to some random sports talk-show a couple of months ago and they were rambling off the famous birthdays for the day and they mentioned BC. The guy was like: "Billy Corgan, wow was he ever a genius songwriter back in the day" and the other guy was like "yeah, what ever happened to Billy Corgan? He just dissapeared" and the other guy was " i have no idea" and continued on with the next birthday. I chuckled to myself.

But it's true, they've cemented a legacy mostly based on SD and MCIS, and really, that's all you need. Hell, Guns N Roses are legends with only one great album.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:33 PM   #85
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
yeah i didn't know about the new "queen" record as well.
i wish i didn't read this. what a fucking joke

is simon cowell gonna produce the goddamn record now or what

apparently few are the things that are harder for people who've tasted success, than knowing when to let it die and just let go
True, the difference with Queen though is that their tours still sell like gangbusters even with Lambert. I was talking to some older folks a few years back who saw the show and they they mentioned "how great it was, and what a great job the new guy did"... I was surprised, so I checked out some pro-shot footage and it's fucking terrible. He doesn't even change his style to fit the music. It's literally just generic Aaron Lambert singing queen.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:39 PM   #86
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Eagle View Post
SD - MCIS eras pretty much everything was flawless. Even Billies godawful.voice worked.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:51 PM   #87
fuzzyroes
Banned

Corgans voice was dope then.... very versatile... It was when he started singing "traditionally" that the warts started to show.

A lot of people point to Adore as an argument that my argument isn't true but the fact is he didn't totally disband the old style on Adore... Just toned it down quite a bit. And then even more shockingly on Machina (there would be only small glimpses of his trademark snarl and whine). He didn't fully disband the old style of singing until The Zwan album.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:53 PM   #88
fuzzyroes
Banned

Biggest rock star on the planet and you then decide to take a completely different direction with your singing... Smart move B0lly.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:27 AM   #89
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

to be perfectly honest if queen came to SH i'd go , if only to see brian may play in person

but as far as tarnishing the band legacy with a grade F record and some talent show guy at the helm, that's just unfortunate and i wish they'd known better.

this is not unlike george lucas raping star wars

Old 05-14-2017, 12:36 AM   #90
fuzzyroes
Banned

You'd see them with that jackass singing?

Fuck man, I wouldn't waste my time. They've come once and I think they're coming again to my town with the guy and the tickets cost a fortune. It just sounds so lame from the videos I've watched. Perhaps it would be better all shittered and in person, but the guys just an awful rock vocalist.