Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2019, 06:29 AM   #721
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
As of yesterday, we still have 11 signed remaining and 226 unsigned remaining on the shelf. Get them while they're hot, people!
226 boxes must take up a bit of storage space. I wonder how long until he does a deep discount or giveaway. TBH, it's be cool to have a copy, but the price is insane.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:07 AM   #722
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

If anyone here has listened to this, which is the best side to listen to?

Old 05-10-2019, 12:04 PM   #723
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

lol

Old 05-10-2019, 06:44 PM   #724
thomas_bland
Ownz

Read my review earlier in the thread. I believe I'm the only person who has listened to it.

Old 05-10-2019, 07:28 PM   #725
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_bland View Post
Read my review earlier in the thread. I believe I'm the only person who has listened to it.
just copy paste it. we're not gonna go searching through all the junk posts.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:41 PM   #726
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Must be boring for Corgan to realize that people were more interested in his expensive signed release version than the more affordable unsigned version.
Showing that this box is more bought for collecting than for listening to...

Old 05-10-2019, 10:11 PM   #727
bright_doom
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
just copy paste it. we're not gonna go searching through all the junk posts.
Starts on page 16

Old 05-10-2019, 10:13 PM   #728
bright_doom
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Must be boring for Corgan to realize that people were more interested in his expensive signed release version than the more affordable unsigned version.
Showing that this box is more bought for collecting than for listening to...
Troo fans don't listen to it, we watch all 8 hours of it on youtube from Monte's 2003 webcam.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:23 AM   #729
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
226 boxes must take up a bit of storage space. I wonder how long until he does a deep discount or giveaway. TBH, it's be cool to have a copy, but the price is insane.
Exactly what I can't get over. This seems separate from the rest of SP merch as seen here so you KNOW these things are sitting somewhere in a storage unit somewhere. Previously, they probably were stacked up in the employee bathroom of Zuzu's on a wooden palate... but now? Where did those things all land?

The question that I have opined on in this thread before - how low would he have to go before I'd buy one? It would need to be crazy low. I just don't want to store the thing since it's unlistenable.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:33 AM   #730
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

...and then you get your expensive box damaged by poor packaging.

Which happened more than once.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:44 AM   #731
bright_doom
Ownz

I wonder if Billy has given any of these as gifts at his family Christmas parties. They would make for good stocking fillers, next to a pair of novelty socks and a plastic bracelet from the local chemist.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:28 AM   #732
thomas_bland
Ownz

Christmas can be a fraught time, more likely to end up embedded in someone's skull. Weighs a ton, they'd go down for sure.

Old 05-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #733
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

but how about that review, bland???

Old 05-11-2019, 04:49 PM   #734
thomas_bland
Ownz

At first I thought, why dont you just take a look at page 16 but I'd forgotten what a toll it took just to bother to listen to. Used a work from home day if I remember correctly. Wish I'd written the review if the first disk in the style of the rest...

#138 Signing in.

Ordered day of release. It looks fucking amazing, not £450 amazing but all the same great artwork. Could have done without the shitty stylophone. I'm enjoying the hat.

I watched about an hour of the livestream baked other than that no idea if this is going to be listenable or not.

1A*

Gristle. The vinyl looks like a slab of glass, nice crackle.
Bouncy squelch. Sounds alright, more tuneful than the Aegea recording, Selected Ambient Works II-esque.
Eastern feel creeps in. Drums shutter. Could be NIN. Stop.

1B

Picks up where it left off and gets creepier. Hops and whitstles segue into an alarm.
Dentist drill. Becoming a difficult listen, I'm concerned what the neighbors think. Too much, had to turn down.
Speeds up, better, softer. Fades down and yelps take over.
Alien soundscape, more atmosphere, swarm of bees.
Oppressive gibber.
This is going to be more difficult than I thought.

2A

More oscillation (if that's the right word)
Plinks and plonks
Here's a tip WPC: If you're going to release a reinterpretation of the book with noise and no narration, you might want to ******* the book in the package.
Fades.
Soft patter, slight echo, minimal.
Bleeps to the forefront, confused dance, mixed up thud underneath.
A machine still operating thru the night.

2B

Snaffles and spits. Downward trend.
Slowing down.
Am I the first person to listen to this? Including its author.
Meanwhile back on the spaceship.
Burning engines distorted as fuck.

3A

Crackle. Snap and pop have long since departed. Up and down steadily as an army of tiny ants plough underneath the grooves. Hark a warning sound, and then gone. Repeats. Crickets talk now below the buzzing flies. Shoo shoo the laser seems to say. Techno chops at the low end Turning Dragonesque. Pop's back, this time atop a subtle little thrill. Crackle pull a knife on pop, drags him under slowly like a Canadian octopus. Yes.

3B

Charming nonsensical notes. There is a tune here but it has been mangled into mud. Very different to before, playful like ring a ring of roses. Clumsy feedback swells divert attention screaming beams of windy sound all around. Atishoo, atishoo, we all fall down.

4A

Plinky plonk, space bound, no real purpose jus' moochin' round. Dark here now. More dentist chair antics on this Savage Planet. Won't somebody think about the Ohms! Clangers won't, too busy foraging for scrap to know what to do. Emergency emergency, just for a second and then back to the business; whatever that is. More techno! More dragon! A cheeky little surprise, held back for the reprise.

4B

Fists full of synth. Smash. Fatlip. A train, a train, a train, a train, would you, could you, step away? The guard whistles, playing his tricks, stop starting the train with the peep of his lips. Incas appear, pan-pipe bombing the creaking metal tracks and that is that. We're all ears, if ears were echoes, ringing out and squaring a circle at the break of a new day. Ambient embrace, all over the place.

5A*

Tick tock bass motors around a cuckoo clock. Swiss made so the legend says. Show your inners. Show the working. The bird chirps. Cuckoo ups the pace and the wood is replaced. Metal now and modern too. More stabs. More beeps and creeps for you. A swell of sound, grey cloud droops over the fictional mountain and away to Baden-Württemberg. In the woods the birds are silent as something lurks wandering around, batteries low, powering down.

5B

All the ghosts flail about. Looking for the nooks and searching for the cranny's. Like poached egg white. Swooshing around a pan. The electricity starts, tradition. Spectre's are hiding now the sweet sound scared 'em. The sound subsides and the lasers are back, searchlights all around a very old factory. It powers up with a din and a thud, it's purpose a bump in the night. Inside the machine springs bounce slowly but I don't know why. Like breathing but mechanical, up and down and up and down lungs fill and deflate, the spirits chatter, free now, as the sounds wind down before one last up up up and away.

#siddarthasurvivor

Old 05-11-2019, 09:59 PM   #735
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

So it is all shit? which side is the best?

Old 05-11-2019, 10:00 PM   #736
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

Clearly this and Aegea were just the results of a rich guy buying a giant modular synth. It is really hard to recognize even post-2007 degraded BC in this stuff. It is just... amateur.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:56 PM   #737
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_bland View Post
At first I thought, why dont you just take a look at page 16 but I'd forgotten what a toll it took just to bother to listen to. Used a work from home day if I remember correctly. Wish I'd written the review if the first disk in the style of the rest...

#138 Signing in.

Ordered day of release. It looks fucking amazing, not £450 amazing but all the same great artwork. Could have done without the shitty stylophone. I'm enjoying the hat.

I watched about an hour of the livestream baked other than that no idea if this is going to be listenable or not.

1A*

Gristle. The vinyl looks like a slab of glass, nice crackle.
Bouncy squelch. Sounds alright, more tuneful than the Aegea recording, Selected Ambient Works II-esque.
Eastern feel creeps in. Drums shutter. Could be NIN. Stop.

1B

Picks up where it left off and gets creepier. Hops and whitstles segue into an alarm.
Dentist drill. Becoming a difficult listen, I'm concerned what the neighbors think. Too much, had to turn down.
Speeds up, better, softer. Fades down and yelps take over.
Alien soundscape, more atmosphere, swarm of bees.
Oppressive gibber.
This is going to be more difficult than I thought.

2A

More oscillation (if that's the right word)
Plinks and plonks
Here's a tip WPC: If you're going to release a reinterpretation of the book with noise and no narration, you might want to ******* the book in the package.
Fades.
Soft patter, slight echo, minimal.
Bleeps to the forefront, confused dance, mixed up thud underneath.
A machine still operating thru the night.

2B

Snaffles and spits. Downward trend.
Slowing down.
Am I the first person to listen to this? Including its author.
Meanwhile back on the spaceship.
Burning engines distorted as fuck.

3A

Crackle. Snap and pop have long since departed. Up and down steadily as an army of tiny ants plough underneath the grooves. Hark a warning sound, and then gone. Repeats. Crickets talk now below the buzzing flies. Shoo shoo the laser seems to say. Techno chops at the low end Turning Dragonesque. Pop's back, this time atop a subtle little thrill. Crackle pull a knife on pop, drags him under slowly like a Canadian octopus. Yes.

3B

Charming nonsensical notes. There is a tune here but it has been mangled into mud. Very different to before, playful like ring a ring of roses. Clumsy feedback swells divert attention screaming beams of windy sound all around. Atishoo, atishoo, we all fall down.

4A

Plinky plonk, space bound, no real purpose jus' moochin' round. Dark here now. More dentist chair antics on this Savage Planet. Won't somebody think about the Ohms! Clangers won't, too busy foraging for scrap to know what to do. Emergency emergency, just for a second and then back to the business; whatever that is. More techno! More dragon! A cheeky little surprise, held back for the reprise.

4B

Fists full of synth. Smash. Fatlip. A train, a train, a train, a train, would you, could you, step away? The guard whistles, playing his tricks, stop starting the train with the peep of his lips. Incas appear, pan-pipe bombing the creaking metal tracks and that is that. We're all ears, if ears were echoes, ringing out and squaring a circle at the break of a new day. Ambient embrace, all over the place.

5A*

Tick tock bass motors around a cuckoo clock. Swiss made so the legend says. Show your inners. Show the working. The bird chirps. Cuckoo ups the pace and the wood is replaced. Metal now and modern too. More stabs. More beeps and creeps for you. A swell of sound, grey cloud droops over the fictional mountain and away to Baden-Württemberg. In the woods the birds are silent as something lurks wandering around, batteries low, powering down.

5B

All the ghosts flail about. Looking for the nooks and searching for the cranny's. Like poached egg white. Swooshing around a pan. The electricity starts, tradition. Spectre's are hiding now the sweet sound scared 'em. The sound subsides and the lasers are back, searchlights all around a very old factory. It powers up with a din and a thud, it's purpose a bump in the night. Inside the machine springs bounce slowly but I don't know why. Like breathing but mechanical, up and down and up and down lungs fill and deflate, the spirits chatter, free now, as the sounds wind down before one last up up up and away.

#siddarthasurvivor

Lol you guys actually listened to this?

The only bits I heard was a few minutes on a video Monte was hosting.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:20 AM   #738
Ram27
dumb

think i enjoyed that review more than i would've the record

Old 05-12-2019, 07:42 AM   #739
T&T
Socialphobic

#siddarthareviewsurvivor

i can't even imagine if this album had been a success... like if the muffwiggler fanbase had appreciated it where billy'd be now. where would billy be now. Even the levels of success for the Richard Divines, Robert Richs or Alessandro Cortinis are below SP5.8's success. There's literally ZERO dollars to be made.

speaking of muff, with mike's passing... what are the plans for netphoria if pakula dies?

has anyone seen a circulating rip of this set? I'm feeling masochistic.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:08 AM   #740
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs up

The return of the box to the public very soon...

Old 06-29-2019, 03:21 AM   #741
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post

has anyone seen a circulating rip of this set? I'm feeling masochistic.
you should try RAP, the most masochistic genre

Old 06-29-2019, 09:04 AM   #742
FoolofaTook

lol

Old 06-29-2019, 01:16 PM   #743
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
ah yes, rap... the genre in which they go on & on about promiscuity instead of choosing the family life

Old 06-29-2019, 10:57 PM   #744
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
The lyrical content in some rap would NOT be socially acceptable under any other genre of music.

I was walking down the street and there was this soyboy who had rap music blaring from his backpack with the lyrics "THERE'S MURDER ON MY MIND, THERE'S MURDER ON MY MIND, THERE'S MURDER ON MY MIND". I felt bad for the poor soul. The fellow was well overweight with a scruffy beard and was wearing a hoody in scolding weather... Clearly a fellow with some major mental problems, and I don't think that the overtly violent music that he was publicly blaring was doing any good for his sanity.

Old 06-29-2019, 11:14 PM   #745
FoolofaTook

Angry

"scolding weather"

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT???

Old 06-30-2019, 01:57 AM   #746
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Even fanboy Clay Tuckett told once in a not so weak second on a Facebook group to have problems with listening to the Siddartha project. A clear sign of hyperactivity disorder?

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 06-30-2019 at 02:27 AM.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:59 AM   #747
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

we got fanboys, soyboys, real mccoys, leo tolstoys... just a whole GRAB bag of joy!

Old 06-30-2019, 08:48 AM   #748
FoolofaTook

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Even fanboy Clay Tuckett told once in a not so weak second on a Facebook group to have problems with listening to the Siddartha project. A clear sign of hyperactivity disorder?
I love the fact that this post has been edited. Kudos. Just kudos, yo.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:04 AM   #749
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Kudos for editing your name out of it, indeed...

Old 06-30-2019, 09:11 AM   #750
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Why do you think Zuzu’s went out of business? All that rent just to store bleeps and bloops.