Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who gets the banned, the hand?
fuzzrod 10 58.82%
Poops 10 58.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2017, 03:00 PM   #61
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Poots is still leading. Don't forget to vote! Make Netphoria Great Again.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:35 PM   #62
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i'm still deciding. i have a few more days until the poll closes. anyone want to try and sway me?

Old 05-20-2017, 06:47 PM   #63
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I've been getting lots of neg rep lately.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:52 PM   #64
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I've been getting lots of neg rep lately.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #65
FoolofaTook

It was like a flood of red a crimson tide of negative reputation durinng the shortlived but mayhemnic tlishous era. then with the banishment of that vile tyrant meadows of green bloomed ever and anon.

but then, ah! Then! Caic neg repped me and **** neg repped me. So I decided in a marijanauted fever fit to forever enshrined their hostility in Threads About Rep.

Now I'm drowning in pools of neg rep.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:59 PM   #66
FoolofaTook

It's like a vicious cycle. I get neg repped so I talk about getting neg repped then I get neg repped for talking about getting neg repped then i talk about getting neg repped for talking about getting neg repped and so on.

it's relentless.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #67
FoolofaTook

and thru it all i only pos rep you my brethren

a saint suffers amongst you unpercieved unappreciated and wholly unsexed.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #68
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i'm still deciding. i have a few more days until the poll closes. anyone want to try and sway me?
whatever Reprise. I may be a Dick-Head... But at least I don't offer unsolicited arm-chair emotional advice to people. You have NO education in this field. It's a complex field of mental health.

No offense, but you're the last person in the world that I would listen to in order to gain psychological advice from.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #69
FoolofaTook

You probably just complimented her.

No you definately did. Heh.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:11 PM   #70
fuzzyroes
Banned

absolutely not Took. That was meant as total full on criticism.

Reprise always tries to offer wisdom, but to offer wisdom, you kinda have to be living well to do so. Advice from someone who's contiuously struggling is about as worthless as a gob of gum on the bottom of a sneaker.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:18 PM   #71
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You have NO education in this field. It's a complex field of mental health.
you're not by chance referring to the field of psychology are you

Old 05-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #72
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
whatever Reprise. I may be a Dick-Head... But at least I don't offer unsolicited arm-chair emotional advice to people. You have NO education in this field. It's a complex field of mental health.

No offense, but you're the last person in the world that I would listen to in order to gain psychological advice from.
Quote:
absolutely not Took. That was meant as total full on criticism.

Reprise always tries to offer wisdom, but to offer wisdom, you kinda have to be living well to do so. Advice from someone who's contiuously struggling is about as worthless as a gob of gum on the bottom of a sneaker.
First of all...

(1) I don't give unsolicited advice more than anyone else on this board. Perhaps I used to, but things have changed. I challenge you to show me giving unsolicited advice constantly like you think I do.

(2) I do have education in the field, do you read my posts at all? I'm graduating this year with a 4.0GPA cumulative and an honors thesis?

(3) Everyone struggles with something, that's true of people in the mental health field especially

(4) I don't even want to be a psychotherapist primarily, again you'd know this if you gave shit

(5) Did I shit in your hat or something? That came out of nowhere.

Have a nice day. Or is that unsolicited advice?

Old 05-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #73
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

again it is not necessary to take someone's esteem from them to raise your own. oh shit is that unsolicited advice? Or am I just talking like everyone does on this board?

Old 05-20-2017, 07:22 PM   #74
fuzzyroes
Banned

@ Bread: I certainly am.

People only want advice from someone who the advice actually WORKED for them. Any old loser can offer advice and literally no one would care.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #75
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

If you are still in doubt you can vote for both

Old 05-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #76
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
@ Bread: I certainly am.

People only want advice from someone who the advice actually WORKED for them. Any old loser can offer advice and literally no one would care.
You realize I went from having extremely bad depression and PTSD and not being able to work or take showers or do anything at all to a fairly functional human being, right?

I'm not a paragon of mental health but again I'm not anyone's therapist, but I do know something about making progress with mental illness

my therapist is probably not a paragon of mental health either but she helped me so much. seriously, the mental health field is full of mentally interesting people on both sides

Old 05-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #77
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
It's like a vicious cycle. I get neg repped so I talk about getting neg repped then I get neg repped for talking about getting neg repped then i talk about getting neg repped for talking about getting neg repped and so on.

it's relentless.
get
over
it

Old 05-20-2017, 07:26 PM   #78
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i'm sure you're drunk and letting off steam man but i'm not your enemy

Old 05-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #79
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
You realize I went from having extremely bad depression and PTSD and not being able to work or take showers or do anything at all to a fairly functional human being, right?

I'm not a paragon of mental health but again I'm not anyone's therapist, but I do know something about making progress with mental illness

my therapist is probably not a paragon of mental health either but she helped me so much. seriously, the mental health field is full of mentally interesting people on both sides
That's all fine and dandy, but you have to understand that you're not the only one here who has faced all sorts of fucked up shit that has resulted in our communal mental illness. "depressions" simply a state of mind, and as an enlightened adult, I chose not to suffer from it. It's not easy, but we can train our minds not to be crippled by our past experiences.

This may surprise you, but we are actually in command of our own thoughts and feelings. We're the conductor of our own existence.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:33 PM   #80
fuzzyroes
Banned

It takes a ton of work... But if you suffer and surrender to the awful stuff that has happened to you: then you won't stand a fucking chance... The game will be over before you even begin to try.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #81
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Fuzzy's attacks are transparently revisionist. It's only after people take him to task on his feeble thoughts that suddenly they were low-energy losers from the beginning actually.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #82
fuzzyroes
Banned

ahhh get off yourself DK. You're one of the most self-obsessed, egotistical people here.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:39 PM   #83
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
That's all fine and dandy, but you have to understand that you're not the only one here who has faced all sorts of fucked up shit that has resulted in our communal mental illness. "depressions" simply a state of mind, and as an enlightened adult, I chose not to suffer from it. It's not easy, but we can train our minds not to be crippled by our past experiences.

This may surprise you, but we are actually in command of our own thoughts and feelings. We're the conductor of our own existence.
Good job. You can try choosing not to be an alcoholic nincompoop next.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #84
fuzzyroes
Banned

At least I'm having fun and socializing and experiencing life... From what I've understood of Reprise she's a total hermit recluse... What kind of life is that? I don't begrudge her for it... But she is not someone who should be offering others advice.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:42 PM   #85
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:

There's so much wrong with this that I'm not going to go into. You also didn't respond to anything I said before. I never said I was the only person to face fucked up shit.

Are we in command of our own thoughts and feelings? We're a bag of chemical reactions, but we can learn new things and work to take control of our lives. Sure. Have I said otherwise?

Old 05-20-2017, 07:43 PM   #86
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
At least I'm having fun and socializing and experiencing life... From what I've understood of Reprise she's a total hermit recluse... What kind of life is that? I don't begrudge her for it... But she is not someone who should be offering others advice.
I go to college full time and work 20 hours a week...? Hermit recluse?

I mean almost everything you've said about me in this thread is either wrong or taken in the worst possible light. And once again, I don't offer unsolicited advise to anyone more than the other people on this board, including you

Old 05-20-2017, 07:45 PM   #87
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'm simply saying that no one who's struggling want's to hear advice from someone who is struggling worse than they are. You're advice may be coming from a good place, but people will ask themselves "well how much is her fucking advice helping her?"...

You gotta fix yourself before you can offer others advice.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:46 PM   #88
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
From what I understand about you, you piss on Nintendos and operate heavy machinery while drunk.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:47 PM   #89
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I'm simply saying that no one who's struggling want's to hear advice from someone who is struggling worse than they are. You're advice may be coming from a good place, but people will ask themselves "well how much is her fucking advice helping her?"...

You gotta fix yourself before you can offer others advice.
I guess you aren't even reading what I'm typing.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:47 PM   #90
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
From what I understand about you, you piss on Nintendos and operate heavy machinery while drunk.
he is going to start targeting you for defending me any moment now, DK.

thanks for coming back, btw. we missed you