Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-24-2018, 02:43 PM   #31
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
I'm a devotee of Buttcannon entrenched firmly up his butt, so I know what he is thinking, doing, and farting at all times.
O so kinda like what sad machines is to B0lly. got it.

Old 02-24-2018, 02:45 PM   #32
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
O so kinda like what sad machines is to B0lly. got it.
I'm part of the Butt Machine.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:13 PM   #33
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Default D'arcy reveals why she almost punched Billy

https://www.alternativenation.net/sm...-billy-corgan/

Old 02-24-2018, 07:20 PM   #34
Insight_Scoop
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Has she heard zeitgeist/TbK/Oceania/Monuments?

Old 02-24-2018, 07:33 PM   #35
paranoid
Minion of Satan

the more i read the more she seems like a pain in the ass. the daydream thing is shitty and it's awesome she stood up for herself, but having a grudge over not having a mic stand in the 1979 video? that's like as petty as anything organ has ever been petty about.

I love this shit. Billy and Darcy 90's era would have made an epic reality show. Their ego's are both too big to share a stage together.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:34 PM   #36
lemonscure
Pledge

"and I’m like (gasps) what happened to them? Everybody is old, but I’m still the same. Mostly my face looks different, because it changes if you gain weight. I was 5’9 and weighed 118 pounds, that’s a little bit too thin. I weigh more now, my face has changed."

Yes, you're still the same, but yet your face is different. Not because of surgeries, just because of weight.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:35 PM   #37
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Haha, D'arcy be d'unking on Corgan.

The only thing that strikes me as odd is the "my face has changed because I've gained weight" thing.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:39 PM   #38
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
the more i read the more she seems like a pain in the ass. the daydream thing is shitty and it's awesome she stood up for herself, but having a grudge over not having a mic stand in the 1979 video? that's like as petty as anything organ has ever been petty about.

I love this shit. Billy and Darcy 90's era would have made an epic reality show. Their ego's are both too big to share a stage together.
How does not being cool with Corgan bossing everybody around because he doesn't want to share the limelight make one "petty?"

Old 02-24-2018, 07:42 PM   #39
phang
Ownz

More stories about Billy in the 90s being Billy in the 90s. Honestly the more these interview tidbits are dribbled out the less I care. Nothing shocking, nothing she has said will derail this reunion tour more than Billy will himself.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:44 PM   #40
phang
Ownz

Oh shit, forgot I'm meant to buttkiss D'arcy and everything she says because she finally has a voice!!! Oops.

This interview was ABSOLUTELY GROUNDBREAKING

Old 02-24-2018, 07:55 PM   #41
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Oh ok Amish rake fighter with twenty one posts.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:55 PM   #42
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

are you gonna take every bullshit outrage quote from that conversation now and post it as a separate article?

Old 02-24-2018, 07:58 PM   #43
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
"Our conversation with D’arcy actually lasted for nearly four hours, and here are some stories D’arcy told that didn’t fit into the interview article."
you're not making an album here. just post whatever you're still sitting on and get on with it or at least admit you're riding the same interview for weeks because want the traffic, you little jackoff

Old 02-24-2018, 08:00 PM   #44
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

""my face has changed because I've gained weight"?

Buttcannon should have asked D'arcy for the reason of her lip surgery at this point, which was clearly recognisable NOT by weight gain. With this statement alone she fools herself...

http://smashingpumpkins2007.free.fr/d25.jpg

Old 02-24-2018, 08:06 PM   #45
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

the Daydream thing is really disgusting, also remember that D'arcy recorded backup vocals for nearly EVERY song on MCIS, and worked very hard on them, only to have Billy nix every single one except Beautiful and Farewell & Goodnight of course. that's in an interview somewhere on Starla

Old 02-24-2018, 08:06 PM   #46
lemonscure
Pledge

She can be just as much delusional and lunatic as Corgan is. And if anybody (Corgan, or Wretzky herself, or a fan) think that her presence would bring a full arena, then they’re delusional too.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:13 PM   #47
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

So did D'arcy have the idea for the cello arrangement on "Disarm"? Should have been named out then more clearly...

https://lastfm-img2.akamaized.net/i/...c773a20f29.jpg

Old 02-24-2018, 08:15 PM   #48
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

there's a cello on Daydream too. maybe that happened in '88 or something

Old 02-24-2018, 08:16 PM   #49
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

GUYS HOW ABOUT THAT CELLO ON DAYDREAM

Old 02-24-2018, 08:17 PM   #50
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonscure View Post
She can be just as much delusional and lunatic as Corgan is. And if anybody (Corgan, or Wretzky herself, or a fan) think that her presence would bring a full arena, then they’re delusional too.
Maybe they should add then a laser hologram in memory of Jonathan Melvoin to gain attention...

Old 02-24-2018, 08:19 PM   #51
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

hey with all due respect I believe there is a cello on daydream

Old 02-24-2018, 08:31 PM   #52
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

I want a cello arrangement of 1979 on the still to be released "The Smashing Pumpkins - Greatest Hits Classic" album version.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:58 PM   #53
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
you're not making an album here. just post whatever you're still sitting on and get on with it or at least admit you're riding the same interview for weeks because want the traffic, you little jackoff
Lol

Yeah Buttcanon, this slow drip of inconsequential barbs is considerably undermining the redemptive effect of your initial “D’arcy Speaks!” moment, here....

In a month it’ll be “Check out this moment during our FOUR HOUR conversation when D’arcy burped lustily, and then admitted it’s because Chinese food doesn’t agree with her — AND NEVER HAS!!!!!! (more to come stay tuned!)”

Old 02-24-2018, 09:10 PM   #54
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

I honestly think everyone word of Darcy's interview which has been released is radically important to balancing the public's perception of Billy and the Smashing Pumpkins. This stuff completely recontextualizes everything Billy has said and done in the public eye since the late 90s and is at least as important as his constant controlling of the band narrative.

If more people knew about this stuff sooner, things would be way way different for Billy

Old 02-24-2018, 09:15 PM   #55
Ram27
dumb

I don't mind the slow stuff.

Always thought it was lame when netflix released everything at once and then you're done in a few days. you don't appreciate the content as much as when it's spread out

Old 02-24-2018, 09:16 PM   #56
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Lol

Yeah Buttcanon, this slow drip of inconsequential barbs is considerably undermining the redemptive effect of your initial “D’arcy Speaks!” moment, here....

In a month it’ll be “Check out this moment during our FOUR HOUR conversation when D’arcy burped lustily, and then admitted it’s because Chinese food doesn’t agree with her — AND NEVER HAS!!!!!! (more to come stay tuned!)”
You underestimate the strategic brilliance of Buttcannon.

The first bonus material article focused on other artists with the Pearl Jam, David Bowie, and Chicago scene quotes. Today's focused largely on the past tension between Billy and D'arcy during the band's hey day.

Tomorrow's story is largely focused on Billy and D'arcy's final conversation and the disintegration of their reunion. You will see why it made more sense as its own piece tomorrow, it has a very long quote of D'arcy recounting things they said to each other, and even a Bruce Lee quote regarding why the reunion didn't work out.

There may be one more article after that, or the material could be edited into tomorrow's article if it fits. Buttcannon may be able to do that, but the other material focuses on Billy and the fans along with a quote about Jeff's involvement.

Buttcannon put in a lot of work to find this extra material, so he's posting it in the best way for readers to digest it rather than a totally random dump of quotes, and also because yes it does keep readers coming back. Buttcannon also found a lot of material today he didn't even have yesterday when the first bonus article went up.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:17 PM   #57
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

I honestly think every word of Darcy's interview which has been released thus far is radically important to balancing the public's perception of Billy and the Smashing Pumpkins. This stuff completely recontextualizes everything Billy has said and done in the public eye since the late 90s and is at least as important as his constant controlling of the band narrative. It's not only a worthwhile read in SP world, it also is very instructive in terms of how an imbalance of money and power between two parties affects how they survive and thrive (or not) in the social world. (I.e., Billy has the power, Billy controls the narrative=Billy continues his career while no one will work with Darcy....meanwhile Billy is the fucking asshole and Darcy is the one person in SP world with real integrity, even by Billys own admission.) Theres a lot to be learned from this, imho.

If more people knew about this stuff sooner, things would be way way different for Billy

Old 02-24-2018, 09:28 PM   #58
phang
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Lol

"Tell me, has Corgan ever eaten Chinese food?"
"Oh well this one time we ordered a bunch of food and Corgan totally ordered the kung pao chicken but the mooch actually ate some of my chow mein! James didn't say anything, he just watched Billy eat it. Billy's always been such an asshole"

Old 02-24-2018, 09:38 PM   #59
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phang View Post
"Tell me, has Corgan ever eaten Chinese food?"
"Oh well this one time we ordered a bunch of food and Corgan totally ordered the kung pao chicken but the mooch actually ate some of my chow mein! James didn't say anything, he just watched Billy eat it. Billy's always been such an asshole"
lol. There could be a really funny TV show based on the relations between Billy and D'arcy/the original lineup.

From talking to both of them, Buttcannon likes both of them. They're both very engaging to talk to. It sucks they can't just work things out, Buttcannon tried to approach from every possible angle where miscommunication came in place, but unfortunately there just seems to be a deep mistrust between the two of them.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:00 PM   #60
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

How long will Burt Buchanan continue referring to himself in the third person? Very disturbing.