Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
Ram27
dumb

Default Iha's slide guitar tab

Are there any tabs or covers of Iha's part here?

(is he just playing in Eb, by the way? i've done a tiny bit of research and it seems there are different open tunings people use when playing slide stuff)

_______

are there any other Pumpkins songs with a slide part? Meladori, Blew Away (live @ double door), Spaceboy (alt version)....?

Old 10-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #2
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

If you're trying to make tabs for James's slide parts, you're putting more thought into them than he did.

From what I can tell, he typically just noodles around in standard tuning or Eb. In the Metro show that came with the Siamese Dream reissue, you can hear him hit a lot of bum notes in "Spaceboy." 1988-1994 they played in standard tuning. From 1995-2000 they played in Eb, with exceptions for a handful of songs that had specific odd tunings ("Thirty-Three," "In the Arms of Sleep," "The Everlasting Gaze," "Heavy Metal Machine, etc.). The only song I can think of that was recorded with a typical "slide tuning" was "Behold The Nightmare" (DADF#AD), but I think they just played it in Eb live.