Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2016, 12:25 PM   #1
Silvermayo
Oblivious Virgin

Default In Plainsong Tour 2016

Very excited for this as I missed the last run. And there's a handful of tasty tidbits, like Jimmy mentioned as a current member of the band and the new album being recorded post tour. Oh and Liz Phair...big win for me as my wife loves Liz Phair!

SP Nexus

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS PRESENT
“IN PLAINSONG”
AN ACOUSTIC-ELECTRO EVENING
TICKETS FOR THE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR ON SALE BEGINNING FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5TH AT 9AM EST
LIZ PHAIR TO OPEN
NEW RECORDING TO FOLLOW TOUR

February 1, 2016—New York— Building on their fans’ demands for more of last year's brief, but critically acclaimed In Plainsong tour, The Smashing Pumpkins return to the road this spring to bring the Acoustic-Electro Evening across the country for a full run of classic North American theaters.
Last year's shows sold out in a matter of minutes, and the iconic venues the band picked for the performances proved the perfect intimate settings for an evening of acoustic based music and electronic soundscapes that allowed the Pumpkins to explore their whole song catalog in a unique way. The reaction to the run was overwhelmingly positive, with reviews calling the performances "electric" and "emotionally charged".
"What started as an interest in playing a truly different kind of show and looking for a different way to explore their storied musical past morphed into something new and exciting for the fans in every city", said the group's manager Peter Katsis, "this touches the opposing side to The Pumpkins usual roar!"
The Grammy Award-winning rock group, which includes Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlin and Jeff Schroeder, will kick off the 19-city tour on March 22nd in Portland, OR and wrap on April 20th in Houston, TX.
Tickets for the In Plainsong tour will go on sale beginning Friday, February 5th at 9am EST. Tickets will be available at http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/ Citi is the official credit card of the In Plainsong North American Tour. Citi cardmembers will have access to presale tickets beginning Tuesday, February 2nd, at 9AM ET through Thursday, February 4th through Citi’s Private Pass Program. For complete presale details visit www.citiprivatepass.com.
The Pumpkins, always the rock and roll iconoclasts, will invert the traditional formula again by touring first before heading straight to the studio after the dates to record a brand new album inspired by the sounds explored in the new acoustic setting.
Singer-songwriter Liz Phair is set to open the show for the Smashing Pumpkins on her first full tour of the U.S. in 6 years. Her debut studio album Exile in Guyville was released to critical acclaim and has been ranked by Rolling Stone as one of the “500 Greatest Albums of All Time.” More than two decades after the release of her debut, Phair's influence over female voices in alternative music can still be felt today.
2015 proved to be great for the Pumpkins, who saw their End Times summer tour in support of last year's Monuments to an Elegy album produce their best ticket sales in over 12 years. The Chicago Sun-Times called their performance “epic,” while Rolling Stone exclaimed that the current line-up “played with the tightness of a time-tested unit.”
With 20 million albums sold in the United States alone, the Smashing Pumpkins are one of rock’s most commercially successful and critically acclaimed bands.
Since their inception, the Smashing Pumpkins disavowed the punk rock roots of many of their alt-rock contemporaries by creating a diverse, densely layered, and guitar-heavy sound, containing elements of gothic rock, heavy metal, dream pop, psychedelic rock, progressive rock, and even electronica.
They broke into the musical mainstream as their second album, 1993's Siamese Dream, sold over 6 million copies. From there, the group has continued to build its audience through extensive touring, selling out arenas around the world for over two decades. Their 1995 follow-up recording, double album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, entered the Billboard Top 200 Album Chart at number one.

IN PLAINSONG TOUR DATES

March 22
Portland, OR
Schnitzer Hall

March 23
Seattle, WA
The Paramount

March 25
San Francisco, CA
The Masonic

March 26
Los Angeles, CA
The Theatre at Ace Hotel

March 27
Los Angeles, CA
The Theatre at Ace Hotel

March 29
Salt Lake City, UT
Kingsbury Hall

March 30
Denver, CO
Ellie Caulkins Opera House

April 1
Detroit, MI
The Fillmore

April 2
Columbus, OH
Palace Theatre

April 4
New York, NY
Beacon Theatre

April 8
Philadelphia, PA
Tower Theatre

April 9
Boston, MA
Orpheum Theatre

April 10
Washington, DC
Lincoln Theatre

April 12
Toronto, ONT
Massey Hall

April 14
Chicago, IL
Civic Opera House

April 15
Louisville, KY
Palace Theater

April 16
Nashville, TN
Ryman Auditorium

April 18
Dallas, TX
Majestic Theater

April 19
Austin, TX
Bass Concert Hall

April 20
Houston, TX
Cullen Performance Hall

Old 02-01-2016, 12:29 PM   #2
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Default 2016 NA tour dates - In Plainsong

links to venue and ticket sites and whatever updates/post-gig nonsense I might or might not make will be dumped here: http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?p=4245176

In Plainsong - an acoustic-electro evening: Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlin and Jeff Schroeder, will kick off the 19-city tour on March 22nd in Portland, OR and wrap on April 20th in Houston, TX.

tickets
on sale Feb 5th, 9am EST, www.samshingpumpkinsnexus.com
Citi cardmembers will have access to presale tickets beginning Tuesday, February 2nd, at 9AM ET through Thursday, February 4th through Citi’s Private Pass Program. For complete presale details visit www.citiprivatepass.com.

opener: Liz Phair

03-22: Portland, OR; Schnitzer Hall
03-23: Seattle, WA; The Paramount
03-25: San Francisco, CA; The Masonic
03-27: Los Angeles, CA; The Theatre at Ace Hotel
03-29: Salt Lake City, UT; Kingsbury Hall
03-30: Denver, CO; Ellie Caulkins Opera House
04-01: Detroit, MI; The Fillmore
04-02: Columbus, OH; Palace Theatre
04-04: New York, NY; Beacon Theatre
04-08: Philadelphia, PA; Tower Theatre
04-09: Boston, MA; Orpheum Theatre
04-10: Washington, DC; Lincoln Theatre

04-12: Toronto, ONT; Massey Hall

04-14: Chicago, IL; Civic Opera House
04-15: Louisville, KY; Palace Theater
04-16: Nashville, TN; Ryman Auditorium
04-18: Dallas, TX; Majestic Theater
04-19: Austin, TX; Bass Concert Hall
04-20: Houston, TX; Cullen Performance Hall

Last edited by pavementtune : 02-01-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:35 PM   #3
T&T
Socialphobic

come to montreal you fuck head and I'll go see your sorry ass band.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:36 PM   #4
T&T
Socialphobic

fuck you toronto.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:37 PM   #5
sjpaterra
Ownz

we don't have citi bank credit cards in toronto... im pretty sure there's no citi bank, either

WHAT ABOUT TORONTO PRESALE?!

sp.com for tickets?

Old 02-01-2016, 12:38 PM   #6
gyang333
Pledge

So a couple lingering questions have been answered by this press release:

(1) Day4Night is dead
(2) Jimmy is back in the fold (probably indefinitely but I will take what I can get)
(3) Jimmy is recording on the new album!
(4) Peter Katsis after losing his company because he was too obsessed with the Pumpkins is still the manager of the band (glad to see BC didn't cast him by the wayside).
(5) SP finally have a new PR firm after dropping MSO, they're being represented by Rogers & Cowan now so no more PR written by Airplane Mode hopefully.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:43 PM   #7
Ram27
dumb

http://i.imgur.com/PHGiaIb.gif

Old 02-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #8
Ram27
dumb

Jimmy is playing like two hours away from me on April 14th and I don't have any way to get there.

kill me

I guess I could take a train but those are in the morning and I'd have to miss school. And wtf would I do in Chicago all day

Old 02-01-2016, 01:02 PM   #9
James
Demi-God

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/e...ecff58da8.jpeg

LOL

Old 02-01-2016, 01:33 PM   #10
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

I'll be at the PDX show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
I guess I could take a train but those are in the morning and I'd have to miss school. And wtf would I do in Chicago all day
Enjoy one of America's most interesting cities? I could spend two days in the Art Institute.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:43 PM   #11
T&T
Socialphobic

is that REAL fur?

Old 02-01-2016, 02:08 PM   #12
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Hmm, Spirit Airlines has round trip MSP to Chicago tickets for $99.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:24 PM   #13
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

Excited

Old 02-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #14
werideatdusk
Ownz

Quote:
And wtf would I do in Chicago all day

This is a joke right?

....anyways this is fantastic news, it seems like a good way to warm up the band. im a little discouraged that the new album is going to be inspired by the tour, im still hoping against hope that SP can climb back on that progressive rocketship they were riding in 2008... still think the 20th anniversary tour with JC was the highlight of SP2

Old 02-01-2016, 03:03 PM   #15
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermayo View Post
Very excited for this as I missed the last run. And there's a handful of tasty tidbits, like Jimmy mentioned as a current member of the band and the new album being recorded post tour. Oh and Liz Phair...big win for me as my wife loves Liz Phair!

that's interesting, as i love your wife. see you guys before you know it

Old 02-01-2016, 03:25 PM   #16
cork_soaker
full of longing

big win for you!

Old 02-01-2016, 03:47 PM   #17
mpp
Minion of Satan

I won't miss them in Nashville

ryman is awesome

Old 02-01-2016, 03:53 PM   #18
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Jimmy is playing like two hours away from me on April 14th and I don't have any way to get there.

kill me

Miss school. School is horse shit. Yeah, what to do all day in one of America's finest cities? Watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off for some inspiration

Old 02-01-2016, 03:54 PM   #19
thomas_bland
Ownz

This will be great. Shame there are no international dates.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:55 PM   #20
KissesandNoise
Banned

Any Denver folk on this here board?

Old 02-01-2016, 03:56 PM   #21
Ram27
dumb

I mean, I don't have a car or any money. I probably have to figure out a way to stay overnight because the next train doesn't leave until like 3 in the afternoon the next day, too.

I dunno I've never done this before and I'm sure everything I'm typing sounds stupid

But yeah fuck school, I'd rather see the Pumpkins

Old 02-01-2016, 03:57 PM   #22
KissesandNoise
Banned

Also, what do we have to do for pre-sale? I feel like I've signed up for a dozen different things for SP and don't ever remember getting a pre-sale email notification.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:58 PM   #23
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
I mean, I don't have a car or any money. I probably have to figure out a way to stay overnight because the next train doesn't leave until like 3 in the afternoon the next day, too.

I dunno I've never done this before and I'm sure everything I'm typing sounds stupid

Haha! Now that's the spirit!

Old 02-01-2016, 04:16 PM   #24
redbull
Immortal

who wants to let me crash on their floor / couch in louisville?

Old 02-01-2016, 04:18 PM   #25
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

If I make it to Chicago I'm going to stay with friends but if I wasn't I would definitely look for an airbnb. When I went out to Los Angeles to record a band at 3 different venues in 3 nights I had a different airbnb each night (Echo Park, Santa Ana & Venice Beach) and all of the hosts were extremely kind. Very economical, much more so than a hotel. There's also hostels.

https://www.airbnb.com/

Old 02-01-2016, 04:25 PM   #26
Disarmu
Pledge

So when is day for night or whatever its called now coming out?? Wasnt it supposed to be out already? At least a single!

Old 02-01-2016, 04:31 PM   #27
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

how much were tickets for last year's tour?

Old 02-01-2016, 04:37 PM   #28
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
how much were tickets for last year's tour?
tickets are $36 - $66 for the seattle show

Old 02-01-2016, 04:39 PM   #29
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

Oh sweet, that's not bad. Looking to buy 3 tickets, glad it won't destroy my bank account.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:51 PM   #30
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

I had a friend outside of the Pantages Theatre the morning the tickets went on sale so we was able to buy them directly from the box office. We had nice seats near the front and off to the left for $50 each I believe.

Pumpkins tickets are the only tickets I ever really spend lots of money on. The ticket for the 2007 St. Paul show was around $65 after fees and that was the most expensive ticket I had bought in forever. I would do $65 again for this tour but I'm only buying one ticket.