Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2014, 05:06 PM   #31
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

just a protip guys, pay cash if you're trying to squeeze a pizza order in under the wire

otherwise someone's gonna put a booger on your pizza

Old 05-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #32
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
how about ordering pizza on a credit card 10 mins to close and expecting anything less than contempt
i don't have any good local pizza shops where there isn't a disconnect between front and back of house. meaning the back of house guys won't know and don't care how it was paid for they would just be mad anyway because they already put everything away so they can walk out the door 1 minute after the kitchen "closes".

Old 05-03-2014, 05:49 PM   #33
Elphenor
Braindead

Wasnt it Belte who was complaining about not getting Ice Cream?

Yeah, the machines usually clean themselves at like 4am but we used to just say it was broken or "cleaning" at like 12am because we just didnt wanna make it because fuck that shit.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #34
Trotskilicious
Banned

here's the thing as my experience goes and i worked at an indie place and not one of the big chains

when someone calls up at that point and pays credit, it's not about having everything cleaned up and ready to walk out the door

it's about the fact that i now suddenly have to wait 30-45 minutes, seriously just sitting there, while the driver goes and delivers the pizza and then comes back to submit the credit card receipt and do his tip out

i dunno if it's different now with online ordering or what

but it was seriously annoying

if they paid cash the driver could do their tip out before the drive, drop the pizza off and go home. i go home after they leave.

worse still i'm a total communist so i'd bill my employer for ever second i spent in that place, when the other cooks would just clock out i'd make her pay me for those 45 minutes then i'd get a bunch of shit in the morning about how does it take me so long to close the store and i'm like BECAUSE I TOOK THE ORDER AT 957 JESUS and then she goes CARLOS DOESN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM and i'm like THAT'S BECAUSE CARLOS ONLY TAKES CASH AFTER 945! i wouldn't say that, actually. it was easier just to say the other R-Tard that cooked there wasn't billing her time because she didn't think that was right to make someone pay for you to sit there but you know that's what's ruining this country

i just started doing it the way carlos did. and we didn't deliver to the dorms, either. god drivers hated the dorms. no tips, dumb kids, usually not in their rooms, or with their cell phones so you'd wander around for 20 minutes looking for the dumb ass and he's like four rooms down and he doesn't tip. fuck a whole lot of that.

"oh you live in the dorms, sorry we don't deliver there. Glad to have you come in and pick it up we have a 10 buck pick up special."

Old 05-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #35
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Yeah, the machines usually clean themselves at like 4am but we used to just say it was broken or "cleaning" at like 12am because we just didnt wanna make it because fuck that shit.
this is called "doing a really bad job"

Old 05-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #36
slunken
Virgo

years ago i eventually stopped trying to get milkshakes from fast food joints because the machine would always be "broken"

Old 05-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #37
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
this is called "doing a really bad job"
honestly i don't expect anything more from a ff joint. you get what you pay for.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:57 PM   #38
slunken
Virgo

if i cared enough i wouldn't be eating there why should i expect the employees to care

its shitty people dishing shitty food to shitty people the circle of life

Old 05-03-2014, 05:57 PM   #39
Trotskilicious
Banned

whataburger and dairy queen have good service though

Old 05-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #40
slunken
Virgo

and then to actually complain about it - who am i - a rockefeller?

"this sub-standard food is slightly below normal sub-standard quality i'm incensed"

Old 05-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #41
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
years ago i eventually stopped trying to get milkshakes from fast food joints because the machine would always be "broken"
we had a vato-run jack in the box that we'd go to in San antonio, they would have a new night crew every few months because they'd always get to the point where they'd shut down at 1am because 'the grill is busted" but you could see them in front smoking dope in their car and trying to mack it to pear shaped girls

Old 05-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #42
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
whataburger and dairy queen have good service though
eh so does chik-fil-et. scarily good.

i guess i'm only referring to typical side of the highway chains. the real shitty ones.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #43
slunken
Virgo

kind of craving dairy food now

fried veggie basket son

Old 05-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #44
Trotskilicious
Banned

holy shit there's a chick-fil-a here in austin that has a sign that says "the hottest drive-thru in america" and i think that means they're the busiest. they're the busiest FF joint i've ever seen anywhere

and their service is completely phenomenal. i mean it takes 5 mins to get the food and they have dozens of cars, people jammed into the restaurant, it's seriously crazy.

yeah mcdonalds usually sucks but i've found that if i go to a high-traffic one in a better part of town than the high-traffic one right in the center of the 'hood i have a way better experience.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #45
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
you could see them in front smoking dope in their car and trying to mack it to pear shaped girls
this makes me nostalgic for a life i never led

Old 05-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #46
Trotskilicious
Banned

ey dud no yumbo yacks today gringo go fuck yourself haha faggot

Old 05-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #47
slunken
Virgo

Quote:

yeah mcdonalds usually sucks but i've found that if i go to a high-traffic one in a better part of town than the high-traffic one right in the center of the 'hood i have a way better experience.
this is very true but i live in a shitty neighborhood and driving out of my way to get to a better shitty ff joint kind of defeats the entire purpose of getting shitty ff to begin with.

i mean i'm only going there because everything else is closed and its real close.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:06 PM   #48
Trotskilicious
Banned

i get real annoyed when there's pickles and ketchup on my double cheeseburgers

Old 05-03-2014, 06:06 PM   #49
Trotskilicious
Banned

honestly it's one of the few times that i actually care that my order is wrong and feel that it's now ruined and nearly inedible

i'll go home and scrape that shit off with a knife, probably put some mustard on it to get rid of that ketchup taste. i mean fuck going back

Old 05-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #50
slunken
Virgo

i just get one thing from each ff place i visit - donalds its a mcchicken no mayo, bk is a whopper/vanilla shake (if i can get it lol)

other than that i usually hit up frisch's/big boy if they're still open. i wish we had a rally's/checkers near by. the closest one is 10+ miles away but it used to be near my house. horrible ghetto but those big bufords really hit the spot with a milkshake.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #51
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

i recently heard about this taco bell on the north side of chicago, where apparently the customer service is excellent. their yelp page is full of effusive praise.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/taco-bell-chicago-5

i haven't been there.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:12 PM   #52
Elphenor
Braindead

Yeah I worked at a ghetto Mcd. I was like the only guy who spoke English.
It was my first job after being a super sheltered white kid. Oh boy, did I learn a lot about life in that year.
How to drink and smoke and get high. Lost my virginity to a mexican whore who grew up on the streets but liked The Cure.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #53
slunken
Virgo

my favorite fast food move was the "i'll buy if you fly" when partying with friends cos to be honest i have to be pretty buzzed to crave some fast food

like now

Old 05-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #54
Trotskilicious
Banned

i always found it interesting how popular the cure and morrissey are amongst latinos

Old 05-03-2014, 06:14 PM   #55
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxzombie View Post
i recently heard about this taco bell on the north side of chicago, where apparently the customer service is excellent. their yelp page is full of effusive praise.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/taco-bell-chicago-5

i haven't been there.
i generally have good experience with taco bell, i don't do any special orders of anything there though

Old 05-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #56
Trotskilicious
Banned

i think you'll find also that the FF joints with the best service also have the best compensation for employees

KFC and McDonalds usually just stick to minimum wage

Old 05-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #57
slunken
Virgo

i worked at a donalds for one summer my jr year of high school. i hated it and usually made up school excuses (summer league baseball practice or game) to get out of it.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #58
slunken
Virgo

fuck now that i think about it i still made up "school excuses" at that last restaurant job i held. "sorry can't work a double i take a painting class" or "i have yoga" lololol

Old 05-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #59
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
i generally have good experience with taco bell, i don't do any special orders of anything there though
i've never done special orders at any ff joint (other than no mayo). i don't get it. when i still ate taco bell i would be amazed at some of the orders barked out ahead of me in the drive-thru.

i know BK has that whole "have it your way" thing but seriously if you want to customize your entire order most real restaurants won't even let you get away with that shit.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:20 PM   #60
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
i always found it interesting how popular the cure and morrissey are amongst latinos
Is this true?
This girl liked Morrissey too, and I was going through the "Morrissey defines my life phase" so I thought this was the coolest thing ever.