Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 08-28-2018, 10:49 PM   #8401
Elphenor
Braindead

NomeansNo

I just got back from class

the professor thinks it's stand up comedy hour, everything comes with a punchline, he delivers more hits than misses though so it's a good time

Old 08-28-2018, 11:21 PM   #8402
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

that's at least 50% of university classes, honestly i think it gets worse the further you get into your major

Old 08-28-2018, 11:31 PM   #8403
Elphenor
Braindead

I got home to a check sitting on the table for me from the school the remaining after my allotted aid for this semester already covered tuition

I qualify for work study too but it's only 20hrs a week max and I can't cover bills with that, sucks would much rather do that

Old 08-28-2018, 11:55 PM   #8404
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
that's at least 50% of university classes, honestly i think it gets worse the further you get into your major
if that's the case then i've got tenure

Old 08-29-2018, 10:36 AM   #8405
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

yeah and i'm emeritus

Old 08-29-2018, 01:57 PM   #8406
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I may be getting a ps4 tomorrow.

Finally gonna see what those video games kids talk about are.
I'm jealous because you can play the new Spider-Man and I can't.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:43 PM   #8407
Elphenor
Braindead

gonna start watching the western series Godless

it takes place in an all female town called La Belle where all the men died in mining accidents or something

Old 08-29-2018, 09:54 PM   #8408
FoolofaTook

i'm checking out The Terror. It's OK.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:56 PM   #8409
FoolofaTook

butthurt's been pming me a lot. not sure where this relationship is headed but i hope it's not anal.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:00 PM   #8410
yo soy el mejor

quit trying to make old netphoria happen.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:51 AM   #8411
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
i've had a few funny teachers. one was actually a cool dude and he was generally respected. we knew a mutual guy from the chicago park district and our conversations outside of class always revolved around that.

i mostly like teachers that are strict and no-nonsense. when i read rate my professor.com and see that the person is "hard" and sticks to their rules and takes their job seriously, i think that's the kinda class i want to be in.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:02 PM   #8412
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
quit trying to make old netphoria happen.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:29 PM   #8413
FoolofaTook

Smile

she's jealous of our (Butthurt+FoaT) newfound love.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:37 PM   #8414
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
My biggest comedy takeaway from college was a history professor who loved the term "sea peoples"

Wasn't trying to be funny, but it sure tickled me. Every single time

Old 08-30-2018, 02:54 PM   #8415
FoolofaTook

Exclamation

so at work (EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!) today i had to take a dump. on the way to the bathroom this dude enters behind me (not anally lol). anyways, I take one stall; he takes the other. i get shy and just kinda sit there. he lets loose with an introductory rumble. so i gather a bit of courage and emit a squeak. then he drops a log with a splash. i'm like fuck it and trumpet out a succession of flatulative blasts. he responds with an anal apocalyses, literal shit-storms shaking his porcelain throne. i strain until i bring my rectum to the verge of prolapse but all i can muster is a weak butt hash. in shame i retreated, hastily wiping my feces entangled nether flora.

also on the way home i saw a landscaping van with the phrase "rolling green" painted on the side and immediately thought of SLEEP.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:55 PM   #8416
FoolofaTook

damn my tenses are all fucked up huh

ugh

Old 08-30-2018, 03:53 PM   #8417
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i've had a few funny teachers. one was actually a cool dude and he was generally respected. we knew a mutual guy from the chicago park district and our conversations outside of class always revolved around that.

i mostly like teachers that are strict and no-nonsense. when i read rate my professor.com and see that the person is "hard" and sticks to their rules and takes their job seriously, i think that's the kinda class i want to be in.
i had one really funny algebra professor and the guy who i took 5 clinical classes with was funny, but used the same jokes in all his classes so i heard them 5 times. he was dork-funny though and they were usually in psych-lingo so most people thought they were pretty lame.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:31 PM   #8418
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I had crushes on my favourite lecturers. They told jokes, but only seldomly, when there were genuine opportunities.

I had one lecturer, for public law, who said during the first lecture:

"In my experience, people don't develop actual opinions until they're about 30. They spend most of their teenage years thinking their parents are wrong about everything, and most of their 20s thinking their parents were right about everything, and at about 30, they start actually thinking for themselves. Given that nearly all of you are not 30 yet, take it as a given, then, that I am not at all interested in your opinions."

He never joked about anything, ever. He was from the U.S. and was the first person I heard say that the U.S. was a broken democracy because the Supreme Court can overturn legislation and the judges in that court are appointed, not elected. Meaning that the voting public really has no real control over their laws. Which caused some political unrest in the U.S, he said. Because the general population can't change anything necessarily, just by voting.

I don't know if he was right or not. But obviously nobody ever challenged him, because he mocked us all into silence before anyone ever raised their hand. Clever.

He was not my favourite and I did not have a crush on him.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:56 PM   #8419
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I hate him already.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:20 PM   #8420
Disco King
Minion of Satan

The US not being a democracy probably has more to do with an opulent minority having disproportionate power over policy than it does with the fact that it has a judiciary that provides a check on the legislative and executive branches.

Pretty much what keeps a democracy from devolving into a tyranny of the majority is the concept of individual rights, that there exists some sphere of entitlements all citizens have that are not put up to a vote by other people. And the system used to guarantee those rights usually includes a constitution, and a court independent of the rulers that is tasked with applying and interpreting it.

Without this, you wouldn't be able to do things like end segregation despite most people approving of it. The only people I know who are on principle against courts and bills of rights and "judicial activism" are right-wingers who are still butthurt about minority and disadvantaged groups winning rights. Of course, people of all political ideologies are against certain judicial rulings and interpretations, but you rarely see anybody but right wingers advocate for a political system that mirrors our current one, but severely disempowers the courts against the other governmental branches. Anarchists are not fans of the courts, but that's because they take issue with the economic and political system more generally; they don't seek to maintain all the other power structures while limiting the courts.

It's not the very fact that liberal democracies have courts that poses the biggest challenges for democracy. Rather, it's capitalism giving the monied class disproportionate control over the levers of government.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:31 PM   #8421
FoolofaTook

Unhappy

none of you guys took (SHANANA) awkward dumps today?

Old 08-30-2018, 07:51 PM   #8422
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Honestly your post made me feel a little queasy because I’ve been up all night. Jet lag is killing me. I’ve had 4.5 hours of sleep a night this week, and yesterday after getting the kids off to school I lay down at 8:00am thinking I would nap until 10:00am...my husband woke me up at 3:00pm. So then, I couldn’t sleep at all last night. Fucking noooooooo

Old 08-30-2018, 07:59 PM   #8423
FoolofaTook

you just gotta fight it. no naps. i know it sucks.

Old 08-30-2018, 08:24 PM   #8424
vixnix
Socialphobic

I’m supposed to be preparing a salad and an apple crisp to take to dinner at a friend’s house tonight, then carting it over to the boys school by 3:00pm so we can catch a taxi there together. I just don’t know if I can make it through this day to be honest...

Old 08-30-2018, 08:27 PM   #8425
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I’m supposed to be preparing a salad and an apple crisp to take to dinner at a friend’s house tonight, then carting it over to the boys school by 3:00pm so we can catch a taxi there together. I just don’t know if I can make it through this day to be honest...
pop a couple energy drinks and hold on tight. good luck

Old 08-30-2018, 08:35 PM   #8426
FoolofaTook

Lightbulb

you can always listen to boris heavy rocks (!!!) to energize yourself

Old 08-30-2018, 08:37 PM   #8427
FoolofaTook

Old 08-30-2018, 09:28 PM   #8428
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
you can always listen to boris heavy rocks (!!!) to energize yourself

Orange, or purple?

Old 08-30-2018, 09:33 PM   #8429
FoolofaTook

Thumbs up

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qVgqEEJEg...yrocks2002.jpg

Old 08-30-2018, 11:15 PM   #8430
Elphenor
Braindead

one of my classes is a stupid "Skills for learning" class that everyone is required to take and it's an easy A and feels silly because i'm a "Straight A's or killself" student who doesn't need to be told "make sure you turn in ALL the assignments not some of it"

but whatever would be fine except there's a dumb motherfucking just out of high school girl that asks stupid off topic questions that ramble on for 10 minutes and we're all being held hostage because the teacher won't assert herself or maybe she's fine with it idc SHUT THE FUCK UP